Chapter Eight

I'm in love with a criminal

Chapter Eight:

Minwoo winced, but tried to bite his cheeks to reduce pain. The stranger kept apologizing to him, applying something to the shoulder, and having a drink from the same thing as he studied the wound deftly. Minwoo was emotionally in pain. And constantly thinking about Eric didn’t make him feel better at all.

“I am done…” Dongwan told, as he threw the bullet over his shoulder.

Minwoo held the arm between his thighs and daren’t move it or himself, as he was afraid to be louder than he had already been. Last thing he, and possibly this man, wanted, was to be caught by Eric’s gang and be executed in front of each other. Not that that mattered to Minwoo in anyway.

“My name is Dongwan, by the way. But don’t be weirded out if you ever hear people call me differently. I am kinda fighting the law right now.” The ragged man explained.

“I’m sorry I mugged you…” Minwoo whispered. “Or more like…tried to mug you.”

Dongwan laughed and began to rummage his backpack, trying to find his first-aid box. It was really small, almost insignificant, but Minwoo did not judge the man. I mean, he didn’t have even that. His gaze landed onto the white bandage which he had almost forgotten and intensely watched Dongwan open it and bite it off when it was long enough.

“Ow,” Minwoo winced when the arm was moved.

“Sorry,” Dongwan apologised and commenced curling the bandage around the arm and the shoulder.

They became quiet, Minwoo watching Dongwan take care of him, and Dongwan focusing on the thing. It did not matter it started raining.

“I’m sorry…”

“You didn’t do anything.” Minwoo said.

“I know you were hurt by someone you cared about…I’m sorry.” Dongwan asserted. “You don’t deserve that.” he added.

 

                ***

 

Minwoo was violently thrown to a cold and drafty sell in handcuffs. The police officer sniggered, grinding his teeth provokingly, as he closed the creaky door and locked it. Minwoo lied on the floor and panted. His hands were behind his back and the legs were suddenly out of control. He couldn’t move. It was like the officer had filled his body with some tranquilizer.

“We will find that partner of yours…” The man spoke through the bars. “…even if we had to explode the whole city of Seoul.” He threatened.

“I…don’t care…I won’t tell where he is…” Minwoo growled.

The police officer held the bars in his hands and spat through them right beside the other criminal. Minwoo closed his eyes and prayed to God to help Dongwan survive alone. It was a freezing night, and they had barely found clothes to sleep on, but Dongwan was weak and alone and no one knew about his whereabouts.

“What do you have in here?” A slender man – that’s all Minwoo could see before his sight went all blurry – asked.

“I found the other one of the criminals we’ve tried to find for ages. He vandalized a phone booth.” The police officer told to his superior. “Lee Minwoo, or whatever his name was.”

The other detective startled.

“You found… -- what about Kim Dongwan?” the husky voice questioned, and Minwoo felt his whole body lighting up with anger as soon as his husband’s name was mentioned.

“I couldn’t find him, Mr. Jung,” the younger guy spoke. “I am sorry…”

Minwoo meddled himself up from the floor and strode to the door of the sell. He could hear laughter coming from the police who had caught him, but his sight was still blurry. He was breathing rapidly, almost panicked, like he had never been jailed before – not in a sell before at least. Minwoo heard the other guy command the younger one and tell him to leave him and the criminal alone for further interrogation.

As soon as the slender shadow advanced Minwoo, he spat right next to the feet and snarled, “I will tell you nothing, ok? Even if you tortured me, I won’t tell you anything!”

“Relax,” the detective whispered. “I know Kim Dongwan.”

“Yeah right,” Minwoo hissed.

“I am – was – his snitch…”

The criminal took a step back to see the lines of the figure, and then blinked slowly to have a better vision. He saw the face of an angel – just like Dongwan had once described – and immediately felt deep trust towards the officer.

“Hyesung-sshi…?” Minwoo asked.

“Yes,” They both sighed relieved and Minwoo felt like hugging the man on the other side of the bars. “What happened…? I thought Dongwan was supposed to be a professional at this.” Hyesung crooned.

The criminal looked down at his feet and explained, “He is a master. But I couldn’t do anything. He just became sick and I needed help – if I hadn’t broken the coin box, that douche wouldn’t have found me…”

Hyesung was frowning sadly, comprehending what had happened, and then tried to act cool when some cop walked past him and leered at them oddly. Hyesung just whispered to him that he is asking some routine questions and he needed privacy.

“Where is he?” The cop questioned. “I will get him safe.”

“No, don’t,” Minwoo pleaded. “You can be followed…”

The younger man gazed at his boss’ husband and leaned in to murmur, “What then?”

“I have a plan…”

 

                ***

 

Junjin ripped off the last piece of clothing and threw it at the audience, before he started dancing sensually to the beat. Andy was watching him, wiping some glasses, and gestured towards the stripper to get down the stage to earn some money. Junjin jumped down, walked around, did lapdances – “Disgusting!” – and let the satisfied customers to slip money to his pouch.

He was about to walk back to the bar when some random guy slapped his . Junjin turned and pointed the man with his gun and glowered at him with his death glare.

“Where did you get that gun…?” the man interrogated confused.

“The same place my foot will go if you don’t stop groping me.” The stripper hissed.

“What’s the problem in here?” Andy appeared, hands on his waist and leered at both of the men with same eyes. “If you’d like to tell me, sir.”

The guy stuttered something as an answer, and after each word Andy glanced at Junjin disappointed and murderously. He rarely did that, so Junjin knew when he had done incorrectly, but to his defense he was not alone in this!

“If you like to my stripper, pay extra.” Andy told angrily. “And Junjin, if someone touches you, you don’t start manhandling anyone! You became a stripper because you wanted to pay back to me, so you will endure it like a ing man!” he strode away from the two and Junjin knew something was wrong.

He put the gun away – “Seriously, where does he keep the gun!” – and followed Andy. When he was right behind him, he grabbed the wrist and turned him around.

“Why are you angry at me when I did my job? I told you. No one touches me or I quit!” He exclaimed.

“And I told you, you don’t make decision in my bar! If you want to leave, leave!!!!” Andy shrieked.

Junjin stared at him, shock plastering upon his face, and held the wrist way gentler than earlier. He knew Andy didn’t mean those words, and he wouldn’t actually quit because he loved being there for Andy and people. He just didn’t know what was going on.

“I will not manhandle customers…” Junjin murmured.

Andy ogled and exhaled, “I won’t yell at you in front of them…”

They extended their arms and hugged one another, roaming hands around and inhaling each other’s scents when the door was opened and everyone turned to look at the police officer. Junjin let go of Andy and put his hand behind, ready to grab the gun again, and Andy raised his arms above his chest.

“What do you want, Hyesung?”

“I need your help Andy.”

 

                ***

 

Dongwan saw the headlights of a car approaching him and he smiled widely. God was watching him. No wonder he felt so warm and comfortable under the pile of clothes and next to Minwoo. It was odd though. Minwoo had not moved even an inch next to him.

The doors of the car gaped and two men stepped outside. Dongwan was either hallucinating a lot or something was going on, and he didn’t have any idea. When the two men stood by his feet, and finally crouched down, Dongwan gasped.

“Hey, Dongwan,” Andy greeted seriously.

“Andy!” The criminal sounded like a kid. “Why are you here?”

“We have bad news,” Junjin spoke this time. “Minwoo has been caught.”

It was like the headache and the fever were abruptly gone, when Dongwan sat up and looked at the two younger men shocked. Andy was too serious to be joking, and even Junjin didn’t seem to be pulling a prank on the hyung. Dongwan’s pupils shrank and he threw all the clothes off of him, as he hurried up and lost his balance on Junjin.

“You won’t go anywhere without a plan.” Andy commanded.

“Besides, hyung, you need rest.” Junjin lifted the guy onto his arms and took him to the car.

“But Minwoo!” Dongwan was furious.

“He can wait! They won’t kill him immediately!”

“WHAT!?”

 

                ***

Minwoo’s arms met on the other man’s chest. The fingers had laced long ago, before he had almost fell from the back, and the legs were around the waist. The older man was carrying the backpack, and whenever Dongwan needed assistance, Minwoo helped as best as he could.

“So, can I ask? Where do you come from?” The older man asked.

Dongwan chuckled and replied, “Sure you can ask, but there won’t be an interesting answer.”

“Try.”

“Okay,” the slightly taller snorted. “I had a mom, but she got furiously ill and died when I was still in school. I had no one else but her, and we weren’t a wealthy family. I don’t know who my dad is, but even if I did, I wouldn’t have turned to that bastard.” He explained. “So I started working at this shop, part-time, until I had money to be comfortable.”

Dongwan could feel Minwoo nodding and feeling sorry for him.

“Why did you stop working at the shop then?” the older man interrogated. “What made you come here?”

The younger man laughed and looked around for a while before he chose which way to go with the extra baggage on his back. Minwoo was not heavy at all though.

“It was just a big misunderstanding,” Dongwan told. “The owner accused me of stealing stuff that was not necessary and some money, but I hadn’t. It was that stupid son of his.” He mumbled.

“What did you do?”

“I was fired,” Dongwan chuckled. “And because I felt wronged and bad, I actually did steal money and some random unnecessary stuff.”

They both ended up laughing lightly to the “funny” story. When they saw the lights of the city, Dongwan put Minwoo down, and shifted his gaze at him.

“I will go there,” he pointed somewhere with his thumb. “Where will you go?”

Minwoo had no idea where he was supposed to head. He couldn’t go home anymore, because he had been gone so long, and his father must have gone back to the others. Minwoo couldn’t go back to Eric, because he had nothing there anymore.

“I don’t know…” He responded. “Maybe I’ll find a job and…do that for the rest of my life…”

“You have no place to go?” Dongwan sounded startled. “At all?”

Minwoo nodded and held the hurting arm securely. Cars were driving past them, some headlights being broken, and people in similar kind of clothing as Dongwan entered shady looking bars. Minwoo had a hunch that Dongwan was a bad guy. He didn’t need a superpower to count one plus one to get two.

“Are you a bad guy…?” Minwoo blurted out.

Dongwan’s eyebrows descended and his happy face became sad.

“Sort of…” he responded.

“Oh…” Minwoo looked down at the fingers that twiddled. “Can I come with you…wherever you go?”

The slightly taller man held his face expressionless for several seconds, before he smirked and nodded. “Of course you can come with me.”

 

                ***

 

Dongwan had managed to get inside the police department in a disguise. Thanks to Hyesung, he had gotten the most accurate outfit the easiest way and could enter the building without being questioned. It had been almost too easy.

“Go downstairs…” Hyesung talked to a walkie-talkie. “They keep the victims there.”

Dongwan nodded even though his snitch couldn’t see it, and walked down the stairs till he was at the very last floor.

“Wait a minute…”

“What?” Hyesung sneered.

“The lock has been destroyed…” Dongwan answered. “Someone is here.” He pulled out his gun, and carefully tiptoed inside the jailroom.

Hyesung instructed him, telling him exactly where Minwoo was held. Dongwan walked slowly, making sure his shoes didn’t squeak, and searched for the sell. He could not wait to save his husband and take him away with him safely.

Dongwan could hear noise, as the excitement entered his feet and made him walk faster to the last hallway. And when he was at the end of it, his heart leaped all the way to his throat, the gun dropped from his hand and the cold shock invaded his whole body in a fraction of a second.

Eric was there.

And he and Minwoo were kissing. 

A/N:

I love ricmin, but in this fic it is just wrong. ;;;;; Poor Dongwan. 

What will happen now?

will woodong divorce?

Im jinjja about to cry haahahahahahah