Chapter Three

I'm in love with a criminal

Chapter Three

Two years ago:

It was raining for the 10th time that week and no one was as tired of it as Minwoo. He had been locked inside the house since the first drops had hit the ground. There was no reason particular why he had been locked inside the house to be honest. It was just that he was a difficult man. His mother said that Minwoo had come to his father just like his sister had come to the mother.

“Don’t ever fall in love with a criminal, I tell you.” She spoke. “You never know when they come home; and if they do promise you; you don’t know whether they mean dead or alive.” She added.

Young Mi nodded and put the tray down beside the mother, who thanked her and took the coffee cup. She lifted her pinky up and cocked her head back when the warming tea entered . Minwoo was staring out the window as he was in charge of protecting them when his father was gone, and the sister was in charge of food and beverages.

“Dad will come back, mom.” Young Mi swore.

The old lady scoffed loudly, and took another sip of the coffee. “That’s what you said two weeks ago.” She said.

Minwoo leaned to the wall, arms in front of his chest, and gawked outside. There was nothing unusual in front of their yard. It was even dangerous to go out now, even though danger was Minwoo’s middle name. But it was his mother’s very strict orders.

“Minwoo ya,” the lady spoke. “Get away from the window. Someone might see you.”

The man chuckled and quickly turned around, advancing the seating area and sitting down to the very old armchair. The women looked at him and he knew it was because he had sit down to the place his father always sat to. But Minwoo didn’t care. He just leaned back and brought his other leg up and put it onto the other one, smiling at the sister and the mother.

“Min—“

The youngest member’s phone rang and he fished it out from the pocket of his leather jacket. He excused himself and walked out of the room to get it. From the living room, he approached the study room and entered it, as he silently lifted the phone onto his ear.

Sweetcheeks,” The husky voice greeted.

Minwoo knew he was smoking at the same time.

“Hi, honey,” he sighed lovingly to the device. “I thought you’d never call…”

----

Dongwan pointed at the long hallway in the small tube like thing between the two rooms, and walked in front of Minwoo towards the end. They held their hands lazily, but when they could hear voices, the grips tightened and the men panted louder.

“What do you want?” Junjin spoke. “You are stressing my husband out.”

Minwoo shuddered, being held by Dongwan, as they saw a small hole in the wall and looked down at the bar. They saw the two guys, Junjin embracing Andy and Andy having his hand behind his back to reach a gun if they needed to, and they could see a shadow of a man. It must’ve been the officer. Dongwan brought his hand above Minwoo’s and muffled the panicky pants.

“We heard you didn’t let our officer to snoop around your bar last night,” A deadly serious man voice said. “So, we sent a whole police station…” he added.

Dongwan bit his bottom lip, his heart racing so damn fast that he could not remember a day when it had beaten that fast. And Minwoo was sweating, eyes wide staring at the door from the hole. Junjin moved out of the way and gestured with his arm.

Fine, come on in.” He welcomed. “Please, do what you need fast, we kind need to open.

Andy too stepped out of the way, glancing at his fake husband briefly and then walked back upstairs like nothing was going on. When the men in uniforms had entered the bar and Minwoo and Dongwan were being silent, the two of them furrowed their eyebrows confused. A tall man, black hair, big eyes, and a cigarette between his lips stepped over the small curb and snorted. He was not a police officer, he was not even working for a police officer, but the two criminals widened their eyes.

“Eric?!” They both said in unison and turned to look at one another surprised.

 Dongwan retreated from his husband and whispered, “How do you know him?”

Minwoo blinked his eyes and then asked the other one, "How do you know him...?"