Chapter Fifteen

I'm in love with a criminal

Chapter Fifteen

Junjin stared at the thin man seriously. Even though he didn’t know Hyesung that well, Junjin felt betrayed. He felt betrayed for Dongwan and Minwoo – hell, even to Andy. The pretty police officer slid the phone back to his pocket and stepped closer, making sure that Junjin couldn’t wheel away. And if he did, he made sure that there was something behind him.

“You…you work for…for him,” Junjin mumbled like saying Eric’s name was poison.

“Of course I do,” Hyesung’s eyes were half-lidded, and he kept rubbing the arm. “He gives me so much more than…anyone.” He explained, advancing Junjin.

The younger man wheeled backwards, knowing there was going to be a wall behind him, as he just glared at Hyesung eyes wide, eyebrows furrowed. Hyesung didn’t look like the good friend anymore. He didn’t seem at all trustworthy. He looked bad and disrespected – but he was far from that! Junjin knew how much people, especially Dongwan and Minwoo, respected the man.

“How…how could you…?” Junjin shook his head.

“How couldn’t I?” Hyesung shrugged. “Why would I stay when I do not get what I desire?” he muttered coldly, hand hovering on the gun.

Junjin could easily see it.

“When I stepped to this hell hole,” Hyesung grunted. “I did everything for Dongwan – I kissed his mother ing to deserve the love Minwoo got.” He sounded disgusted, fingers curling around the handle of the gun. “I was so close you know,” he chuckled crazily. “I was so close to have him, but then that prince arrived from nowhere and Dongwan was…mesmerized.” It wasn’t possible, but Hyesung’s eye bags looked darker.

Junjin was against the wall, Hyesung still approaching to him, hand on the gun, when they heard noises proceeding from the backroom and Andy appeared with the hyungs, talking about the plan Minwoo had. Hyesung unwrapped the hand around the gun and crossed the arms above his chest, flashing a serious grin on his angelic face.

Junjin gawked at him.

“I think we are ready,” Minwoo told.

Andy nodded.

“Are you sure you want to do this…?” Dongwan took Minwoo’s hands into his and stared into the eyes worryingly. “I mean I…I can do it too and…”

Minwoo shut him up with a brief kiss.

“It’s better if it is me,” He whispered. “I do not want to lose you.”

Junjin bit his cheeks in anger, ready to bust the police officer, when Andy came to him and kneeled down to fix something. The handicapped ex-stripper set his gaze back to Hyesung and shuddered uncomfortably, when Hyesung pointed at Andy, brought the finger above his mouth, and then drew it through the neck.

It meant: If you talk, Andy dies.

                ***

Eric crossed his legs, sipping the glass of wine, and threw darts at the picture of Dongwan: he had split the eyes, neck, and the mouth, and he had one dart above the heart. It was difficult to choose where to shoot Dongwan when they meet again; Eric had promised to Hyesung that nothing would happen to the criminal, but Eric was known for not keeping his promises.

It was a douchy move but…no one should’ve trusted him; not even Minwoo.

“Mr. Mun…” Jinkyo stepped to the room and bowed deeply. “My bro—Mr. Shin is here.” He announced.

Eric put the wine glass down and stood up, welcoming the police officer to his office. Hyesung bowed just like his little brother had, and greeted the boss with a secret hand wave. The mafia boss crossed his arms above his chest and spread his legs, the fancy leather shoes glowing in the candle light. Hyesung sniffed loudly, the other nostril growing bigger and mumbled, “He’ll come at noon tomorrow…”

“You sure?”

“Positive.” Hyesung nodded.

Eric slipped his hand to his suit pocket and dug it for a good while. Hyesung could smell it. He could taste it, and the tongue danced through the lips once he them moist. The boss pulled out a bag of and held it in the air. The police officer hurriedly tried to grab it but Eric’s reflects were faster and he hid it behind his back. The stern gaze he had had on his face gone, he said, “Maybe you should try getting clean…”

Hyesung scoffed.

“No way.” He shoved his arm.

“Pilkyo, seriously,” Eric furrowed his eyebrows, moving away from Hyesung, who tried to fight and get the bag of goodness. “I do not want to lose my be…bes…best…” the boss had difficulties to say it out loud. “…my best soldier.”

Hyesung stopped trying to get the bag of and looked at the mafia boss who had never said a single nice thing to anyone – except Minwoo once. He blinked his eyes bemused. Eric scoffed suddenly and passed the bag at Hyesung, who, however, just stared at it.

“I won’t die.” Hyesung swore. “I was taught by the best.”

Eric stepped closer and raised his hand up. It shivered right next to the police officer’s cheek and when it landed onto it, Hyesung scowled. It was a second of strangeness as Eric leaned in and just butted their lips together briefly.

“Weird…” they murmured at the same time when they broke off. “Let’s not do that ever again.” They agreed.

Hyesung bowed once more, gripped the bag hard. He halted his steps and looked over the shoulder when Eric whispered, “Thank you, Pilkyo ya,”

                ***

“Minwoo?”

The called man startled.

“Minwoo, is that you?!”

Minwoo turned his back at the person and commenced striding to opposite way, feeling a hand wrapping around his wrist and turning him around violently.

“It is you.”

“Nuna…” Minwoo sighed.

“Where have you been!?” the woman slapped her brother hard and caused the cheek to become red. “You have no idea how worried mom has been ever since you left!” she was angry.

Minwoo tried not to arouse attention, as he pulled the woman with him to the alley and pushed her against the wall to shut her up. She glowered at him furiously, not understanding her brother anymore, and thinking he was a different guy.

“Nuna,” Minwoo begged. “You need to pretend like you don’t know me anymore.”

“But…you are my brother…” she frowned.

“Nuna, I beg you…” tears were welling in the eyes of Minwoo. “Just brush me off your life…it is way better for you.” he sobbed.

She was more scared since Minwoo was being serious – when he was serious she knew he meant every single word. Minwoo hugged her tight, chanted his goodbyes, and ran away from her, regardless of her yelling his name.

Just forget me, nuna, Minwoo cried while running.

He didn’t stop until he was at the door of the apartment and found himself in Dongwan’s confused arms. The younger man looked down at him and blinked his eyes; he didn’t need to ask anything because he knew there were reasons why his lover was crying.

“Don’t let go of me,” Minwoo cried.

“I won’t.” Dongwan promised.

                ***

Junjin sat outside the bar, a blanket on his legs, and drank hot cocoa. Andy had prepared it to him before he had gone to buy snacks for the bar. Junjin had not told him anything, even though it had almost slipped through his lips – but the threat of losing Andy kept haunting Junjin. He could see the look on Hyesung’s face every time he thought about the moment.

Honestly, Junjin had tried to make Minwoo and Dongwan stay, and not go against Eric, but they had not listened to him; they knew he was evil. They knew what he was like. So, they knew what they would have against them.

Junjin sipped the cocoa and placed the empty cup to the bench they had next to the entrance. He pulled the blanket properly onto himself when he saw Andy across the road and waved at him. The bartender waved back, even though his hands were occupied with two plastic bags, and started crossing the road. Junjin wheeled closer to Andy, meeting him halfway, when a car commenced screeching, Andy yelling his name and grabbing the handles of the wheelchair, as Junjin felt the wheels rolling him back and the car hitting something.

“ANDY!” Junjin screamed, and somehow found strength to leap from the chair towards the bartender who was lying on the street like he was…dead. “ANDY! Oh my god Andy!” He glanced at the car, which abruptly drove away, and managed to see a suited guy in sunglasses – he looked like Hyesung…

“ANDY!”

                ***

Minwoo looked deep into Dongwan’s eyes as if this was a goodbye.

“I love you…”

“I love you too…”

Dongwan grabbed the jaw and engulfed the lips, eating the mouth hungrily, biting marks all over the cheeks, when he pulled off and stared at the small eyes desirably.

“If you have the chance to kill Eric and I’m in the way…” Minwoo began, Dongwan shook his head. “…don’t hesitate…please…”

Dongwan bit his inner cheeks.

“I’d rather die from your bullet than Eric’s…” Minwoo murmured.

They shared one more kiss, before Minwoo opened a door and entered a room. Dongwan could hear a low voice saying, “Minwoo ya…long time no see."