Handy Man Chanyeol

Flower Boy Tea Time [DISCONTINUED] - Read ch. 23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sorry for typos and errors. Read, subscribe, comment and enjoy! ><]

 

~~~

 

Chatper 6 - Handy Man Chanyeol

 

It was Saturday, and Chanyeol wasn't feeling very good. Not in health, but in enthusiasm. The red haired giant lacks in excitement. Ever since Jongin and Sehun passed the trial in Ji Eun's cafe, they've been rubbing it on his face that they're see her allllll the time. Was Chanyeol happy about it? No. Did Chanyeol do anything about it? Sadly, no. Chanyeol was too shy and rigid to do anything. He couldn't even come to the cafe unless somebody accompanies him, Kyungsoo's a regular target since the rest works there. Kyungsoo would always shrug the boy away, but the giant kept whining and said, "Soo, aren't we friends? Remember back at primary when I saved you from a bully? Or when I helped you ace your singing competition in high school?" and so Kyungsoo could only sigh and accompany him. Not that he minds, Kyungsoo liked to see Ji Eun, but if Chanyeol kept kicking on his feet under the table, a habit he does if he's nervous, Kyungsoo worries that his feet might go black and blue. Hence, Kyungsoo stopped having lunch breaks with the boy. 

After a good sleep, Chanyeol yawned loudly as he marched to the kitchen, seeing his friends all gathered up there. "You're too late, Yeol," Baekhyun glanced at him. "Sehun finished the last bowl of rice," he pointed at the said boy, Sehun not showing a bit of guilt as he just stared at a speechless Chanyeol. "What-- Why don't you guys ever leave breakfast for me?!" the giant groaned. "It's your fault for sleeping in late," Sehun said flatly. Chanyeol was about the choke the younger until he heard a familiar yawn behind him. "Hyung," Jongin called when they saw Suho walking in the kitchen with half lidded eyes, dark eye bags under his eyes, bed hair taken to the max. "You look so tired," Baekhyun tilt his head. "He didn't even took his socks off," Sehun looked down to his hyung's feet. "I went home late last night," Suho yawned again, taking a seat. "Aww, you poor thing. Was it that delinquent again?" Baekhyun pat his head. "You really should let him go, if he doesn't want to study, you should just let him be," Kyungsoo huffed, taking a bowl of rice for him. Chanyeol scowled, "Hey!" he hurried to Kyungsoo's side, looking at the rice cooker. "Y-you said there's no more rice!" Chanyeol watched as Kyungsoo ignored him, putting the bowl of rice in front of Suho, and gave him the last serving of soup and side dishes. "There's no more now," Kyungsoo smirked lightly before leaving the kitchen to go to his room. Chanyeol left his mouth agape. 

"Ah, it's so nice to joke with him in the morning," Baekhyun grinned to himself, standing up from the chair and strut to the living room. "Let' s play video games," Sehun pat Jongin's shoulder. "Sure," he nodded, walking out of the kitchen. Chanyeol sighed, "You guys are so evil," he muttered. Suho glanced at him as he took a sip of his drink. "Go out," Suho caught his attention. "Where?" the giant frowned. "Ji Eun," he glanced at his watch. "... B-but, I thought the shop's not open during weekends?" Chanyeol stuttered at the sound of her name, a blush on his face already. "Just accompany her," Suho replied. "If you're lucky, she might offer you breakfast. But, I'm not sending you there for food. Look after her," Suho took a spoonful of rice, "She's quite a clutz,"  

Chanyeol cleared his throat, trying to breathe in and out. Well, the idea of him and Ji Eun alone is not a bad idea. However, Chanyeol knows very well that he cannot go there alone. Who's available? Suho's busy with his other job, Kyungsoo doens't want to accompany him anymore, Sehun and Jongin would ruin things for him, and Baekhyun's not even in his option list. That boy is too dangerous for him to bring. He's like a fire cracker to Chanyeol. "Are you going or not?" Suho lifted a brow at him. "Y-yes!" Chanyeol nodded before scrambling upstairs to shower.

He showered for a long time, double shampooing and double soap scrubbing, triple teeth brushing, triple face washing, double flossing and two full body cologne spray. Oh yes, Chanyeol was ready. He spent half an hour to pick his clothes, five minutes to style his hair and ended up using his snapback anyway. "Okay, you can do this," Chanyeol talked to himself in the mirror. "You can do this Park Chanyeol. Charm her!" he did a fist pump in the air before flying out of his room. Tip toeing to the exit, he motioned a goodbye with a wave of his hand at a sleepy looking Suho in the kitchen, careful not to make the others motice him leaving. After leaving their apartment, Chanyeol quickkly went straight to the bus stop and head to Ji Eun's cafe. 

In the bus, he kept looking at his phone, looking at his reflecion. He had to make sure he looks extra handsome and tidy, not wanting to ruin this day with looking like a disaster. He glanced at his watch, "Nine o'clock," he whispered to himself, feeling giddy. After a passing by a few stops, Chanyeol finally reached where he needed to be in. He walked through that same road where he and the others got lost, biting his lips. "Should I come empty handed?" he frowned. No, no, that won't do. He needs to bring something, but what? Chanyeol glanced around the streets. Grocery store, library, study centre-- Florist. Chanyeol ran inside and looked around the flower shop. Which should he take? Peonies? Tulips? Carnations? Daisies? What if she doesn't like flowers? What if she's allergic? 

Then again, Chanyeol remember seeing her enjoying herself as she looks at a vase full of pink garden roses before. With his mind set, Chanyeol ordered for half a dozen of Vitality and half a dozen of Caramel Antike garden roses. After getting it all wrapped up, Chanyeol walked to her cafe. It's closed, but Chanyeol could a familiar figure walking across the cafe through the window. He smiled, seeing her yawn cutely as she rubs her eyes. Chanyeol faced the door, taking deep, long breaths before mustering himself to knock on the door. Just then, just when Chanyeol's knuckles were a milisecond from knocking on the door, the door swung open. 

"Ahh!" both Chanyeol and Ji Eun screamed when they saw each other. "C-chanyeol!" she widened her eyes. "W-what brings you here?" she stuttered. "I--Uhm-- I was- I came to see you!" Chanyeol his dry lips, hiding the flowers behind him. "W-what about you?" he frowned. "I was going to throw the garbage till' I saw you," she rubbed the back of her neck, glancing at the garbage bag she's holding. "O-oh, l-let me help you," Chanyeol reached his hand out and grabbed the garbage bag stiffly, a nervous grin frozen on his face as Ji Eun uttered a soft thank you. The two shared eye contact for seconds, not moving an inch. "... Are you having trouble...?" she glanced at the garbage bag he's still holding, reaching her hands out ot grab it back. "W-what-- Oh! Yeah-- Garbage- Right," he jumped a bit, looking around to put the garbage bag in the bin outside. Slowly, he walked backwards like a penguin, placing the garbage bag down on the ground, and walked back in front of her stiffyly. Ji Eun frowned, "Chanyeol, are you okay?" she tilted her head, inspecting his body. "I-I'm fine!" he shook his head, hands out to gesture a wave, until he realized that he just showed her the bouquet he got for her. 

"Uhm--" he glanced nervously at the roses. Ji Eun blinked, "Whose wedding is it?" she asked with a smile. Chanyeol frowned before shaking his head, "No! I-I g-got--- It was the shop-- Pretty roses-- Uhh, for you," he loked away as he blushed, handing her the bouquet. Ji Eun widened her eyes, gasping a bit as she accepted the beautiful bouquet in her hands, glancing at a blushing Chanyeol. "Thank you!" she inhaled the pleasing scent before grinning, "Come on in!" she beckoned him to come inside, leaving the door for him as she walks straight to the kitchen to grab a vase. Chanyeol let himself in, patting himself on the shoulder, "Good job, Chanyeol. Good job, you've gone through this far without any accidents so far," he smiled to himself, rubbing his chest to calm his heart beat down. Chanyeol head to the kitchen and watched Ji Eun, the girl humming a tune as she gently drops the flowers inside a vase, making sure that each stem gets sinked insdie the water she filled in earlier. Chanyeol cracked a smile, she seems like that domestic-type of gal. Ah, just his type. 

When Ji Eun took notice of the boy, she glanced at her fridge and asked, "Have you eaten?" she asked, placing the vase in the middle of the dining table. "N-no," he rubbed the back of his head. "Would... Would you like to have brunch with me?" she asked, showing a hint of nervousness. Chanyeol held his breath, Suho was right, she did ask him to have a meal. "Uhm-- You mean here, or o-outside?" he glanced at the door. What if she picked outside? Chanyeol doesn't remember how much money he brought with him. What if he can't afford it? Chanyeol did not prepare himself for the humilation for this. Before Ji Eun could answer, Chanyeol quickly said, "L-let's have it here,"

Ji Eun nodded, "Something sweet or savory?" she head to her stove. 

"S-savory would be nic-great. Just perfect,"

After watching her cook happily, Chanyeol wasserved a big portion of a hearty breakfast-- a huge sausage, two sunny side ups, bacon, and a small stack of pancakes. Now, it might seem like nothing to you, but that big platter made with tender love and care was like breakfast fit for a king for him. All Chanyeol had at home has to be shared with five full grown males in a equal portion, usually it's a full bowl of rice , or if you're late to wake up, half a bowl of rice tops for you. Bacon for breakfast? Chanyeol never got Baekhyun for his breakfast. It's either Kyungsoo didn't want to buy it, or Baekhyun took all of his portion before he joined them to eat. That evil critter. Chanyeol drooled at the sight to have it all for himself. "Man, if she's my wife I'd be the happiest man on earth..." Chanyeol mumbled to himself, picking up his fork. "Did you say something?" Ji Eun glanced at him, frying some bacon for herself. "N-nothing! No!" Chanyeol jumped a bit, shaking his head vigorously before taking a quick bite of his food, before choking on it from eating too quickly, coughing like mad to his embarrassment. "Slow down," she said calmly, heading over to him with a jug of orange juice, pouring a glass for him and handed it to the giant. Chanyeol downed the juice, sighing when he finished the whole glass. Ji Eun patted his back, eyeing him anxiously. Chanyeol's heart skipped a beat. The soft pats on his back sent waves all over his body. Each thump caused his heart to beat harder and harder. "Are you okay now?" she asked, leaning closer to him. Blushing, Chanyeol just nodded without looking at her, taking a small bite of his food this time. Feeling assured, Ji Eun head back to cook before plating up herself a smaller portion and sat across the red haired male.  

Chanyeol stole glances as he fed himself, not letting his gaze off her even when he was pouring juice for himself, only to snap back to reality when he heard the juice flow out of the glass. "Sorry for troubling you," Chanyeol said apologetically. "It's okay, it's actually nice to have company..." she smiled sincerely. A grin spread across his face, glancing at her back and forth from his plate. Thankfully, she didn't notice him doing so at all, focusing on her meal. "Are you done?" she stood up. "Y-yeah," he nodded, standing up and brought his plate to the sink together with her. "Sit down, I-I'll clean," she glanced at the chair, putting on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter