Assistance

Flower Boy Tea Time [DISCONTINUED] - Read ch. 23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Prepare yourselves for quite a long chapter! Sorry for typos and errros. Read, subsribe, comment and enjoy! >< ]

 

~~~

Chapter 3 - Assistance

 

It’s been a few days since Chanyeol’s traumatizing day. Everybody’s busy with their own matters. Kyungsoo works for a local bakery, only free during weekends. Chanyeol works at a nearby music store, often found teaching young children or squealing teenage girls music. Sehun and Jongin are currently in training for a position in the grocery store near Ji Eun’s café. Suho is a private tutor, teaching only senior high school students, known to be a devil at work, not letting the students finish till their nose bleeds.

Byun Baekhyun? Nothing much, just slouching down at their apartment, doing most of their home chores badly. Spending his time watching cartoons on the couch with a variety of snacks by his side.

“Baekhyun,” Suho called for Baekhyun who was sitting on the couch. “Yeah?” Baekhyun rest his head on the couch to look at Suho was standing behind him, looking at the blonde upside down. “When are you going to look for another job? I heard you rejected the job offer I gave you,” Suho frowned, somewhat concerned. “Oh, don’t sweat it. I got things covered,” Baekhyun swung his wrist as he looked back to the TV, motioning that there’s nothing to worry about. “How? Bills don’t pay by themselves,” Suho folded his arms against his chest. “Relax, I got a job interview at ten,” Baekhyun stuffed his mouth with cornflakes, straight from the box beside him. “Ten?” Suho lifted a brow, glancing at his watch. “It’s eleven,” Suho muttered. Baekhyun choked on his cornflakes, spitting them into the air. “What?! Eleven o—Darn it!” Baekhyun cursed, scrambling to his room to get dressed. Suho rolled his eyes, and sat on the couch, changing the channel.

“Uhh, could you borrow me some money for the cab?” Baekhyun jumped out of his room with one foot, pulling his jeans up his other leg. Suho gave him a poker face before fishing out some money out of his pockets. “Thanks, hyung!” Baekhyun grinned as he pulled it out of his fingers, running to the door. “You’re going to an interview with a T-shirt, hoodie and jeans on?” Suho lifted a brow when he reached the door. Baekhyun shrugged, “It’s not like I have buttoned up shirts in my wardrobe,” Baekhyun said kneeling on the floor as he tied his shoe laces. “You always borrow and wear our clothes, why can’t you borrow one for a good reason for once?” Suho sighed, shaking his head. “They’re not stylish, I’ll look horrible!” Baekhyun exclaimed before rushing out of the apartment and took a taxi to his awaited place.

 

~~~

 

“Almost two hours late,” the receptionist muttered at the boy. “Rejected,” she told him before going back to her work. “But you’re not the employer! You can’t just reject me!” Baekhyun scowled. “The employer told me to tell you, since he doesn’t want to waste time. We can’t have a scoundrel working for our library, what if the students need books and you’re not there to help? They won’t come back here anymore!” the lady told him. “Please, leave,” she stood up and pointed at the door before bowing her head, and sat back down.

Baekhyun sighed, walking out of the building. “Great,” he grumbled, walking along the sideways. When he felt a rain drop on his head, he cursed under his breath and put his hoodie on. It didn’t take long for the rain to pour hard enough to make him and other people run. “Why does this have to happen to me?!” Baekhyun yelled as he ran on the sidewalks, before he stood under a big tree in the middle of a nearby park. “This won’t work,” Baekhyun looked up, the rain still able to drown him although better than before.

“Baekhyun?”

The said boy turned his head and widened his eyes. “Why are you here in the rain?” Ji Eun, holding an umbrella with her was walking towards Baekhyun with a face filled with concern. “Ji Eun? Where did you come from?” Baekhyun almost stuttered, surprised. “I was walking home from the mini market…” Ji Eun quickly covered him with her umbrella. She heaved a soft sigh, pulling out her handkerchief from her coat and reached out to dry Baekhyun’s face. The black haired boy’s face flushed, a deep red blossomed on cheeks. She gently dried his red cheeks, his forehead and neck. Baekhyun couldn’t avert his gaze from her anxious face, as if he was locked there. “Y-your face is getting red!” Ji Eun panicked. “You must be getting a fever, let’s go to my house!” Ji Eun quickly put her handkerchief back in her pocket before grabbing his hand and pulled him with her. “W-wait,” Baekhyun almost slipped, still in the process of stepping back to reality.

“Is this real? Ji Eun saving me from the rain?” Baekhyun mumbled to himself, covering his mouth in disbelief as he stared at her. “I should be doing this for her… Aw, who cares? I’m glad anyway,” Baekhyun smiled brightly, moving closer to her and grabbed a hold of the umbrella. “I’ll hold it,” Baekhyun said when Ji Eun passed him a flustered look. The female nodded, encouraging him to walk quickly.

As soon as they reached the café, Ji Eun told Baekhyun to wait inside the restroom while she takes some clothes for him. Baekhyun was shivering, but he couldn’t feel the cold and instead still felt his face steaming hot red. “I guess I really do like her,” Baekhyun smiled to himself, cupping his red cheeks, squealing like a pig as he stomped on his feet. But then he sighed, “If only the café is empty, though. Then we’d be alone…” Baekhyun mumbled gloomily, before squealing back at the thought of Ji Eun and him, alone together in the warm café.

“Baekhyun?” the boy could hear her softly knock on the door. “Y-yes?” Baekhyun answered. “Darn it, why am I stuttering?” Baekhyun groaned softly before opening the door. “Here are the clothes, and here’s a towel,” she whispered, only peeping a bit as she handed him the clothes and towel. Baekhyun chuckled, “Thanks, but why are you whispering?” he took the towel and wrapped it around his neck before taking the clothes. Ji Eun blushed deeply, “But… This is the men’s bathroom…” she answered in a soft voice, looking down on the floor. “H-hurry and change before you get sick!” Ji Eun exclaimed before rushing out. Baekhyun giggled before walking inside one of the stalls and changed his clothes.

Baekhyun stepped out of the restroom, darting his eyes around the place to see where Ji Eun is. “Looking for someone?” Baekhyun jolted when Eun Ji poked on his shoulder, turning around and saw Eun Ji with an unamused look. “Uhh, I’m looking for Ji Eun,” Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck. Eun Ji sighed, “Why would she help a guy like him?” the girl tilt her head in confusion, “Doesn’t look better than the last ones,” she eyed him head to toe, referring to Jongin and Sehun. “Looks must’ve not matter to her that much…” she clicked her tongue. Baekhyun frowned, “Excuse me?” he hung his hands on his hips.

“Oh, you’ve met each other,”  Ji Eun walked with a smile on her face. “Eun Ji, this is my friend, Byun Baekhyun. Baekhyun, this is my childhood friend, Jung Eun Ji,” Ji Eun glanced at the two of them, beckoning them to greet each other. The two smiled by force, glaring at each other as they bow their heads. “I made hot tea for you, come take a seat,” Ji Eun told Baekhyun before walking to the kitchen.  Baekhyun flashed Eun Ji a smile of victory before scooting off to her. Eun Ji sighed as he shook her head and served the customers.

Baekhyun entered the kitchen and turned his head to the dining table, hidden from sight of the customers. “You made soup for me?” Baekhyun widened his eyes in awe, taking a seat across Ji Eun who was placing a bowl of rice for him. She nodded, giving a small smile, “I don’t want you to get sick,” she said simply, as if it wasn’t any trouble. Baekhyun smiled, “But what should I do? I don’t bring enough money to pay for all this,” the boy pouted, watching her assembling the side dishes. “That’s not a problem, I wasn’t going to charge you for a home cooked meal anyway,” she shook her head. She poured Baekhyun a cup of hot tea, pushing it to him, telling him to take a drink. Baekhyun grinned, taking the cup in his cold hands and took a sip. “I feel all warm now, thank you,” Baekhyun exhaled, showing her a big smile. “I’m glad,” she nodded, sitting across him.

After Baekhyun thanked her for the food, Ji Eun watched the boy eat her food in excitement and nervousness. Baekhyun didn’t mind, he enjoyed her watching him instead of feeling awkward. The boy wondered how Chanyeol would feel if he was in his position. He’d probably be bursting, coughing and choking his food every time Ji Eun smiles or something. “Where are the others?” Ji Eun asked, slightly tilting her head. “Working,” Baekhyun glanced at her, taking another spoonful of rice in his mouth. “How… How did you end up under the big tree?” Ji Eun shifted in her seat. Baekhyun frowned, stopping to think. “Oh, you mean that tree at the park? I was supposed to be in an interview for a job from a big learning center, not too far from this place. But… Things didn’t really work out, so I was going to head back home from foot, but then it rained, so, yeah,” Baekhyun explained, chuckling from time to time.

“You need a job?” Ji Eun asked. Baekhyun nodded, chewing his food. Ji Eun rested her back on the chair and hummed in thought. “I guess many of you need jobs…” the girl mumbled, remembering when Jongin and Sehun asked her for a job. “Your hair,” Baekhyun looked up and saw Ji Eun staring at his black hair. “Hm? What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked. “It’s still wet,” she murmured. “Oh, yeah, it is,” Baekhyun chuckled a bit, touching his hair. “… Should I dry it for you?” Ji Eun  stood up. “W-what? No, that’s alright!” Baekhyun waved his hands. “But, you could get sick…” Ji Eun rubbed the back of her neck. “It’s okay, I’m used to it,” Baekhyun smiled, shaking his head. Noticing the silence, Baekhyun looked up and saw Ji Eun in staring at him awkwardly, face mixed with pity and surprise, before bursting, “H-how could you be used to it? W-we have to get that dried!”

 That’s how Baekhyun is in the old room he borrowed before, sitting on the chair as Ji Eun dried his hair with the hair dryer. She gave the hair dryer to him a few minutes ago, but after seeing Baekhyun’s horrible attempt in drying his hair, Ji Eun decided to just dry it herself. Baekhyun gulped, feeling her fingers through his hair. “I don’t know why, but, I kind of like this,” Baekhyun blurted. “Hm?” Ji Eun leaned in to look at him. “I mean, I like you drying my hair and all, it feels nice,” he smiled shyly, blushing, acting all coy. “Really?” Ji Eun lit up, not noticing the hit Baekhyun was trying to pass up. Baekhyun just chuckled, nodding. “So… When are you going to go home?” Ji Eun turned off the blower. “Hmm… Maybe after the rain stops? If it stops, then I can walk home. None of my roommates can pick me up till’ night time later,” he glanced at the clock on the wall. “By the mean time… Can I spend some time here? I’ll help out with the café too,” Baekhyun grinned in excitement.

“Uhm… Sure,” Ji Eun gave an uncertain smile. “Don’t worry, I’m great at attracting customers!” Baekhyun stood up and pulled Ji Eun out of the room and down the stairs with him.

And that’s how Baekhyun started to help out with the café. At first, all he did was greet the pedestrians along the sidewalks, but soon he started to greet potential customers and guided them inside. More and more customers came in, Ji Eun started to get all giddy. When the rain was too hard for him to stay outside, Baekhyun would help serve the customers and ended up working on the cashier after a short training session with Yoon Ho, who was confused with his presence.

“I must say, having Baekhyun here is helpful,” Eun Ji whispered to Ji Eun. “More customers are coming, I think we should consider adding some more tables,” Eun Ji glanced at the couch where customers wait to get a table. “I guess so,” Ji Eun nodded. “Ji Eun! Table three needs you!” Baekhyun called. “Okay!”  Ji Eun smiled, running to the said table. “Eun Ji! You too!” Baekhyun yelled, a bite more rude on his tone. “I know, I know!” Eun Ji rolled her eyes and walked to some tables. Yoon Ho who was serving a table inspected Baekhyun closely, shaking his head. Hours passed by, stocks started to run out, and it was finally closing time.

“Thanks for helping out Baekhyun,” Ji Eun popped behind Baekhyun who was cleaning one of the tables. “No problem,” Baekhyun grinned. “I didn’t mean to overwork you…” Ji Eun murmured, looking down the floor. “No, not at all!” Baekhyun shook his head vigorously. “Actually, I’ve really enjoyed working here. You’re there to stay with me too,” Baekhyun mumbled the last part, biting his lips to stop himself from grinning. Eun Ji who heard this perked up, “Did he just hit on her?” she tried to hold her laugh, whispering to herself. Ji Eun who heard Baekhyun’s words blinked, thinking, “Of course I stayed with you, where else should I go? It’s raining outside and I have to serve the customers…” Ji Eun frowned. Baekhyun and Eun Ji snorted with laughter. “Never mind,” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Hey, Ji Eun, I’ve finished washing the dishes and tea pots, I’ll leave first, kay?” Eun Ji smiled, taking her bag. Ji Eun and Baekhyun waved her goodbye, and Eun Ji walked home. Suddenly, Yoon Ho cleared his throat, “I-Uhh—Need to go too,” the boy picked up his bag and helmet, and quickly headed out. “Wait, you’re not finished yet,” Baekhyun frowned, looking at the messy counter and tables. “Yeah, but—I don’t have time,” Yoon Ho forced a smile and opened the door. “Hey, hold on,” Baekhyun dropped the rag he was holding and marched up to him, holding him by his elbow. Ji Eun gulped when she saw the tension between Baekhyun and Yoon Ho. “You’re not finished yet,” Baekhyun’s eyes turned cold. “I told you, I need to leave,” Yoon Ho sighed, trying to sound like he’s in a rush. “Well, quickly finish your part and you can leave,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Ji Eun has you, she can take care of it,” Yoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter