Mr. Manager

Flower Boy Tea Time [DISCONTINUED] - Read ch. 23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Enjoy the chapter all~~ IGNORE TYPOS KAY? Sorry for typos and errors. Read, subscribe, comment and enjoy! >< ]

 

~~~

Chapter 5 - Mr. Manager

 

"You made him manager, while I, who worked longer here, did not get a promotion?" Eun Ji muttered at Ji Eun. "B-but, you only work part-time, Eun Ji..." the girl stuttered, almost in panic upon seeing her friend's upset look. Eun Ji huffed and whipped her head to the man beside her, standing beside her with a flat expression. "What did you put inside her tea that she'd decide recruit you, huh?" Eun Ji whispered to him with menace in her eyes. "Nothing. Just because, Ji Yoon Ho is garbage, and you need a man to handle a guy like him," Suho answered, glancing at her. Eun Ji clicked her tongue, "True, I guess you're not that dumb," then she glanced at Baekhyun who was sitting inside the kitchen, eating muffins. "Unlike him," she muttered bitterly. "Baekhyun said he didn't have time to eat breakfast... So, I let him eat," Ji Eun gavce an awkward smile, rubbing the back of her neck. "He woke up at eight, which is when the store opens," Suho shook his head, glancing at the raven haired boy, only being able to see half of him thanks to the wall. Ji Eun and Eun Ji could only chuckle awkwardly.

"I like to watch him eat my food," Ji Eun smiled. "Makes me feel appreciated,"

"I guess that's why you open this cafe," Eun Ji smiled too. "You like it when people love your food,"

"What's not to love?" Baekhyun came out of the kitchen, a muffin in his hand. "Everything's tasty!" he grinned. 

"I'll be cutting that off your salary," Suho pointed at his muffin and pulled out his notebook. 

Baekhyun choked, almost coughing out his already eaten muffin, Ji Eun flinched and patted his back, Eun Ji snorting in laughter. Soon, customers entered the store for either morning tea, or brunch a little bit later in the afternoon. Suho played in the background, only making himself noticed by the crowd when he graced around the cafe, greeting and checking on the customers to see if anything went wrong. Thankfully, nothing went wrong with the customers, they were all properly treated, but not having another hand from Yoon Ho was making it a bit tough for them, that even Suho had to help out at times. Then again, Suho would rather have a hard time keeping up with the customers instead of facing that trouble maker. However, seeing Ji Eun who is not supposed to work due to her nose injury, actually working, he needed another hand, he doesn't want her to work with eyes staring at her. It'd be better if it was Baekhyun was the only one who still had a couple of slightly bruised spots on his cheeks, but Ji Eun is a girl, and Suho didn't wanted people to think badly of her for some reasons. It's not like they don't have backup. Well, at least Suho does. He walked out to the phone box and made a call.

"Jongin, do you and Sehun have time to spare?"

And that's how the two eye candies, started serving the cafe, gracing in and out of the kitchen as they bring out drinks and sweet treats out for the customers. Not to mention that they're appealing already to the eyes. Eun Ji's also doing a great job in attracting male customers, no less skilled than the two boys. Ji Eun didn't even need to walk out of the kitchen and cooked all the orders and made the tea, sometimes Eun Ji lending a hand. Baekhyun was also doing a great job, having a bright smile on his face, thanking the female customers sweetly as they paid their bill, making sure to give an eye smile and proper sweet talks to woo them in coming back either later in the evening or tomorrow. Suho smirked as he inspected the cafe, and after seeing that everything was well so far, he walked inside the kitchen and approached the lady that somewhat shook his heart. 

Suho usually doesn't get fluttered so easily, but once his heart is sparked by the right person--

It flares.

"Are you tired?" he caused her to jump a bit from surprise, smiling when she realized that it was only him. "A bit.. The cafe is supposed to be a small cafe, but..." she looked out from the doorway, seeing the cafe flooded with people, and even through the window they could see people waiting in lines for a table. "I see that the boys created a great impact..." she saw the three boys with rows of girls in line for them. Especially Kim Jongin. "Maybe I really should put in more tables..." she mulled. "There's more enough space for tables inside," Suho nodded.

"Sit, I'll do it," Suho pulled her away from the counter, sitting her down on the dining chair. "W-wait! I'll do it," she shook her head when she was pushed down. "Tell me what to do, I'll work," Suho stopped her from standing up. Ji Eun scratched her head, confused with the current situation. "I'll carry some of your burdens," the boy mumbled, blushing a bit. 

"... What burdens?" Ji Eun asked flatly, frowning. "I was just making tea..." she rubbed the back of her neck. Suho moued, shaking his head. Well she ruined the moment. "Just tell me what to do,"

After getting the proper instructions, Suho started to assemble teas according to their order, taking out baked goods from the oven and arranging orders for her. 

"Eh? Why are you the one making tea?" Sehun frowned when he went inside the kitchen. "Shh," Suho pointed at a sleeping Ji Eun, resting her arms on the dining table and leaned her head on her arms. "Wow, she must be tired," Sehun chuckled, putting the next order on the tray. Suho shrugged, "Who knows, maybe she didn't sleep last night," 

The back door from the kitchen opened, and Sehun and Suho whipped their head to the sound of the door. Suho scowls, "Yoon Ho, what are you doing here?" Yoon Ho frowned when he saw the two inside and snorted, "You guys come here everyday, huh?" he stepped inside shamelessly, face still filled with bruises. "Where's Ji Eun?" he looked around the place, before finding her sleeping. "So that's why he didn't read my texts," he mumbled, looking at his phone. 

"What do you want?" Sehun muttered at him. "I work here!" he exclaimed loudly, Ji Eun shifted in her sleep. "Quiet down," Suho hissed at him. The boy ignored him, "Hey, wake up, Ji Eun. I need to have my salary in advance like always. Come on," he nudged her harshly, causing her to flinch by surprise. "Why you-" Suho grabbed his collar and pushed him against the wall. "Hey!" Yoon Ho grunted. "Are you stupid? She was sleeping!" Sehun yelled, holding her shoulders. "So what? I have important matters to attend to!" Yoon Ho said as if he didn't do anything wrong. 

"Get out of here," Suho pushed him. Yoon Ho scoffed, "You're not my boss. Why should I listen to you?" he tried to act tough, bumping his chest against Suho's. The blonde just smirked lightly, "I am your boss. I'm the manager here, and I say, you're fired," he pointed at the door. "So get out," 

Yoo Ho scowled, "Bluffer!" 

"I really am the manager, she hired me yesterday, to throw away garbage like you," Suho said flatly. "Get out right now,"

"You can't just fire me!" Yoon Ho glanced at Ji Eun. "Hey, say something!" 

Ji Eun couldn't move, still traumatized by what happened to her the last time she tried to stop things. 

"She gave me full authority to remove problems like you, and that includes firing you. Out," Suho pulled him out of the cafe, making him stumble. "And, don't come back," he hissed before closing the back door. 

He turned around with a plain expression, as if nothing happened, resuming what he was doing. "..." Ji Eun and Sehun shared glances with each other. "He's always like this, so don't mind him," Sehun mentioned. "I'll get these back to the customers," Sehun picked up his tray and walked out of the kitchen. "But, hyung," Sehun stopped to turn back at the manager. 

"I thought you can't cook?"

After seeing the customers leaving food on their plates, Ji Eun stiffly stared at the plates. Suho and the others stood behind her quietly, and although Suho had a flat expression on, his palms were sweating. Ji Eun silently put on her apron. "Never mind, Junmyeon," and forbid him from going inside the kitchen. Suho froze, Junmyeon? the elder's eye twitched. 

"D-did you hear that?" Sehun snorted in laughter, Jongin and Baekhyun already laughing their off, Baekhyun hitting his thighs. "She called her Junmyeon instead of Suho! She must be upset," Baekhyun laughed, not taking notice of Suho's icy glare at them. "Get to work before I fire you all," he said through gritted teeth as he pointed at the customers and strut away as he huffs. The three including Eun Ji stopped laughing, but a smile was still seen as they tried to hold in their laughter, walking back to their stations after their short break was over. Suho watched with a pout as customers that got the new food gobbled it up, leaving nothing on the plate. "I shouldn't have tried to do something I wasn't sure of doing," he muttered at himself. "Sure, you shouldn't!" Baekhyun grinned, making Suho flinch. "When did you get here?" he frowned at him. Baekhyun tilt his head, "What are you talking about? I work here," Baekhyun patted at the cash register in front of him. Suho froze, only realizing now that he's been standing beside the register all this time. 

Ah, love is making him all hazy. 

Suho sighed, rubbing his eyes before walking around the cafe again, making Baekhyun blink at him in confusion.

"If you have more secret confessions and mutters, you know where to visit!" he winked. 

 

~~~

 

When the store closed a bit for their lunch break, Sehun-Jongin-Baekhyun-Eun Ji crowded together on the table, eating and sipping on their food and beverages as they chatted and got to know each other better. Meanwhile, Suho is in the middle of watching Ji Eun washing the dishes in the kitchen, pretending to count his already accounted numbers from the store. He watched her as he put a palm on his cheek, staring at her. "Ji Eun," he called, catching her attention. "Hm?" she glanced at him. "Are you done yet? I need to talk to you about something," he said, making his tone sound like it's serious and quite urgent. Ji Eun nodded, quickly finishing her job and let of her rubber gloves, before taking a seat across him. "How's your nose?" he asked as he pushed a glass of water to her, noticing that she hasn't drink for how long, he doesn't know. "Thank you," she accepted the drink before humming, "It's okay, it just hurts when I touch it," she answered with a soft voice, and that made Suho smiled. He wondered why does he even like it when she spoke softly. Maybe it made her sound cute and somewhat child-like in his eyes? Suho doesn't know, nor does he care. He just likes her. 

"I noticed something after doing my calcutaltions, based from the beginning of your store, and the present time," he turned around his notebook to show his writings, enticing her. "Even with a good sale, you have a lot to pay. The eletric and water bills for the cafe, including the ones for your house, they take a lot of money from you. Not to mention the food cost, and the utensils you invested in, household needs, and probably some money that comes out for repair, it takes a lot of money. Don't forget the salary for your staffs, and the debts Yoo Ho took from you. I don't know how much you gave him, but from these numbers, I'm guessing that it's no measly amount," he pointed at his calcutions with a pen, and she nodded as he explained. "So, seeing this, I want to give you an advice, is that okay?" he closed the book, locking eyes with her. Ji Eun, somewhat feeling tense from how serious he is, nodded nervously. "I see that money has been tight, do you agree?" he asked. Ji Eun slightly frowned, "Really? I feel like I'm okay with money," she asnwered innocently. Suho gave her a poker face, "Are you sure?" he lifted a brow. "Well, I don't go shopping... A-and, I don't have a phone so there's no phone bills... I don't eat a lot, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter