Bad news.

Race against death.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

None of the band members could sleep that night, Minho and Taemin walked around their bed, thinking about the things his leader was living. What did the person or people who kidnapped him wanted? Why he? "What if they took him because we weren't here with him?" Taemin whispered, the guilty feeling inside his chest wasn't going away and, by this time, he already thought millions of possibilities that blamed him for his disappearance.

"No, I don't think this is a random act, it was planned." Minho walked to him and placed his hands on his shoulders "Minnie, this isn't your fault."

But the younger turned away from him and hid under his blankets.

Kibum and Jonghyun weren't better, the lead singer spent a lot of time calming his lover, Kibum was imagining so many scenarios and none of them was better than the last, a mafia, crazy fans, robbers, even a serial killer were part of the large list that he made. Jonghyun was afraid that this was only the beginning, he feared that those people would try something against another member of the band, the fact that Leeteuk and G-Dragon disappeared too could be  a hint that this was personal against those bands.

The next day, the four of them walked to the living room and sat down on the sofa, not saying anything until Minho's phone started to ring.

The rapper's eyes widened at seeing the caller and with trembling hands, he pressed the green button.

"H-Hello?"

'Minho, sorry for calling you so early... Can I talk to Onew? I have been calling him since yesterday but he's not answering, did something happen? Did his flu got worse?'

"Joon hyung I..." How was he supposed to tell him that Onew was gone and that they didn't have a single idea of where he was? How? He looked at the others who had the same horrified and desperate expression than him "Jinki hyung, he... he disappeared, we don't know what happened."

Silence.

'What? What kind of sick joke is that?' He sounded so angry, it was the first time Minho heard him like that 'I want to talk to him.'

"I-I'm not joking, we're not, it's true, yesterday when we came home he wasn't here and the door was open." His voice was breaking again and was afraid the other wasn't going to understand him.

He heard hurried steps and the clear sign of hyperventilation at the other side of the line, making him fear for his condition, he prayed for someone to be near him that was able to help him if he had an attack.

I need to go back to Seoul, right now.

You crazy Chang Seon? The train left an hour ago and the other parts at midnight.

I don't care! I have to go back now! I have to find Jinki!

What? What are you talking about? And I already told you that we're not letting you travel in the middle of the night.

I don't ing care! I'll be in Seoul tomorrow, even if I had to drive by myself. Minho, I'll be there tomorrow.

The rapper jumped when he talked to him again, he thought he forgot he was talking after hearing his discussion "Please, Joon hyung, don't act so hastily, we've already talked to the police and they're investigating."

'I'll be there tomorrow.' He repeated and after a couple of background yells, he hung up.

"I hope he doesn’t drive, he is gonna crash if he does..." Jonghyun sighed.

"I'm going to make something for breakfast." Kibum wanted to distract himself from his own thoughts that were driving him crazy.

"I'll help you." Jonghyun stood up and walked behind him.

"I need a shower, you come, Minnie?" He asked, looking at the main dancer that had his eyes on the floor.

"Later, I need to think first..." He shook his head; he was trying desperately to find a clue of what was happening, to see if this was related to anything that happened before.

"Calm down, everything is going to be fine." He wanted to believe his own words but it was becoming hard.

Taemin stood up and walked to the mailbox, although the manager received the mail yesterday, it was possible they kidnapper left something, a ransom letter, anything that gave them the clue they were trying to find and was going to guide them to Onew. He opened it, noticing a strange envelope on the bottom, feeling scared, he took it out ann looked at it. It was white and didn't have any words apart from the "To SHINee" written on the center of it.

"Hyungs, I find this on the mailbox." He said, making the other three to sprint into the room again.

"Give it to me." Kibum snatched it out of his hands and looked at it, something hard was inside and he felt something wasn't good with it.

With trembling hands he opened it and took out and old video tape, there was no label or something that talked about the content. Feeling his stomach starting to ache, he walked to the TV.

"Oh my god..." Kibum backed away from the TV when it displayed the image of Onew, apparently unconscious, tied to a chair.

"W-Where is he?" Taemin asked, clutching to Minho's arm.

None of them were able to answer when the picture changed and the man started to cut something on the leader's arm, the four of them couldn't stop from crying when they heard his screams.

"Call the police, Jonghyun, call them." Kibum sobbed, walking to his room.

Taemin used all his strength to clutch to Minho's arm, he felt his legs were like jelly that couldn't stand his weight and that if it wasn't for the rapper, he would be in the floor. He was close to scream.

They needed to find him.

~O~

Donghae and Ryeowook had been crying since the police left. Yesung and Eunhyuk were too, but they tried to comfort them anyway.

They couldn't comprehend what was happening and why they chose Leeteuk, he was one of the kindest person they had never met in their lives and it was unfair to even think of hurting him.

Kangin, Shindong and Sungmin were irritable; the first two could get angry by the simplest thing while the third didn't even want to talk. The two that were slightly better, in appearance, were Siwon and Kyuhyun, but it was only superficial. Kyuhyun was suffering inside, a headache appeared after they heard the news that morning and was barely able to sleep. Siwon broke down in tears when he thought no one was looking at him but, of course, Kyuhyun noticed and both decided to break down while being together and cry in the loneliness of their room.

The maknae was becoming more and more worried for Heechul with each day that passed by, the older wasn't eating more than a glass of water and some cookies he stole from the kitchen eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter