Chapter 7

Black Sun

Chapter 7

Youngmin walked through town, lost in thought. Kwangmin had kissed him, this was new. Kwangmin never did that before, sure he knew that Kwangmin cared about him and he cared about his brother, but from that one action, that one gesture, it made him wonder how the younger actually felt about him. That one action made him loose track of why he was out in the market in the first place. ‘Oh, right, supplies. I need supplies.’ He reminded himself, snapping out of his day dream. He looked at the many different shops; each one had something different to offer be it clothing, shoe polishing, clocks, or furniture, to name some of the few that Youngmin had passed by. He then came upon a small black smith shop, ‘We might need some weapons, but would Kwangmin need it? What happens if he looses control?’ He thought to himself. Shaking the thought away, ‘I won’t let him loose control.’ He thought to himself, full of determination. Walking into a clothing store, he walked up to the woman behind the counter, “What can I get you, hun?” The woman asked, “I’m a traveler and I am looking for something warm enough to wear, but breathable.” The woman looked through some items before showing them to Youngmin, “How much are they?” he asked, “140.” The woman replied. Youngmin blinked, “that’s a bit expensive.” “No it isn’t.” She replied in a not very polite tone. “For a traveler with a limited amount of money then yes it is expensive.” Youngmin retorted back.  “Well I can’t help you, then.” She said. Youngmin thanked her and left the store, ‘maybe I should try looking something cheaper or maybe I should gather information first.’ He thought as he continued to walk around.

 


 

Minwoo was walking around town when he noticed one of the twins walking around. He wondered which one it was, the twins looked exactly alike. He decided to say to him, “Hey! Wait up!” The twin turned around and smiled, “Hey yourself, we’ve been running into each other quite a lot.” Minwoo smiled a bit bashfully, “Well it is a small town.” He said. “What are you doing?” He wondered. The twin released a sigh and said, "Kwangmin said that we ran out of supplies so I'm out looking to buy some." Minwoo nodded, "I see, well let me help, I can get you some inexpensive items." Youngmin wondered if Minwoo would really help him. Minwoo was with the gang at the inn earlier, but he seemed different from the others, "ok." he ended up agreeing. The two made their way through town closer to the towns gates, there, they came upon many stores that sold exactly what Youngmin was looking for at a price that was reasonable. He was happy that he listened to Minwoo and went with the younger boy.

 


 

As they walked back, Youngmin noticed that they were being followed by the gang from the inn. "Minwoo, are you hiding something from me?" Youngmin questioned. Minwoo shook his head innocently, “N-No, hyung why would I?” Minwoo received his answer when the gang began to surround them. “Hello there, ready to pay me back?” The leader said with a smirk. Youngmin was confused, ‘what is this guy talking about?’ he thought. Minwoos eyes widened, “Hyung, you promised that you wouldn’t hurt them.” The leaders expression soured, “No one shoves me like that and gets away with it.” Then it hit him, ‘Kwangmin, he was on edge the entire time we were at the inn, I guess he must’ve shoved him when I left, leave it to him to start something.’ The gang began to close in on Youngmin, Minwoo stood frozen in disbelief and fear, ‘How could they break their promise like that?’ he thought.

 


 

‘Kill…’ Kwangmin jolted when he heard that voice again. He hadn’t heard it up until now, ‘They are hurting your beloved brother, kill them.’  Kwangmin’s eyes widened, ‘what? Youngmin?’ He was now worried, something was happening to his brother. ‘Are you going to do something about it, or are you a coward?’ The voice taunted him and Kwangmin knew what the voice wanted; it wanted Kwangmin to loose control. The younger couldn’t be bothered, he bolted out of the hotel out into town, in search for his brother.