Chapter 11

Black Sun

Chapter 11

The next morning, Kwangmin awoke first. He had no idea what happened, but he knew one thing, he couldn't feel Youngmin's light. The brightness and warmth that he grew to need, he couldn't feel it anymore nor could he remember it. He looked around to see Minwoo and Youngmin sleeping in their beds softly snoring away.

            Pulling back the covers, Kwangmin got out of bed and quietly left the room, he needed to clear his head. He began to explore the temple, taking in what surrounded him and greeted the monks with a bow; a silent hello. Once he had reached one of the windows he relelased a sigh and looked around from his view. Something about this temple made him feel calm, but there was something else putting him on edge. Kwangmin... The voice again. This is why he was feeling on edge, because of that voice. Why is the voice reaching me in the temple? The dark one couldn't have possessed someone, could he? Kwangmin thought to himself.

            As if on cue, the head monk stopped in front of him, an evil grin on his face. Kwangmin's eyes widened, No way. He thought. The dark one had possessed the head monk, but when? How? Did he cause it? He didn't know. He also didn't know how to control his dark powers, much less how to fight with it. The only thing he could do, to not endanger anyone was to run, but the only problem with that is; this is exactly what the dark one had planned. Youngmin get up! Get up I need help!

            Youngmin bolted up out of bed, something was wrong, he could feel it. Looking around, he saw Minwoo still snoozing away, but Kwangmin was no where to be found. He stood up and shook Minwoo awake, “Minwoo, get up we need to find Kwangmin.” Minwoo groggily sat up and watched as Youngmin hastily changed and ran out of the room in search for Kwangmin. “Yah, don’t wake me up and then leave~.” Minwoo whined sleepily.

            Kwangmin ran until he got to the entrance of the temple. He knew he couldn’t continue running forever so he turned to face the possessed monk, who had his sutras out ready to recite at any moment. Fine you want to fight, let’s fight. He allowed the dark power to course through him, the dark energy emitting from him. Donghyun and Youngmin arrive moments later, looking at the scene, "What's going on?" the younger boy wondered. Donghyun went wide eyed, "f-father, what is he doing?"  Youngmin looked out to his brother, who seemed to back away, "Kwangmin wait, that's Donghyun's father don't hurt him!" Youngmin called out to his brother. The younger twin quickly looked at his brother and began to slowly back away, but the voice was still controlling him. He lunged foreword, the possessed monk dodging out of the way, "may the evil spirit dissapear from these sacred grounds," The possessed one said. Kwangmin crashed on the ground with a harsh 'thud' making Youngmin dart out to the younger boy. "Kwangmin, are you alright?" He asked as helped the younger up. Kwangmin's eyes were pitch black. The darkness, at this rate would have no problems taking over his body if not his mind. "I-I'm fine...." That was not Kwangmin's voice. It was laced with the dark ones voice and it pained the older to have to hear it like this. The younger boy stood up slowly, Youngmin could've sworn he heard a small growl come from the younger boy. Youngmin stopped the younger, embracing him from behind. Kwangmin's struggling consciousness was bombarded with bright light that immediately forced the dark one to retreat, returning back to normal. Donghyun immediately released a purification sutra and attached it to the head monk.

            After everything calmed down, Youngmin brought his brother back to the room that they were staying in, Minwoo still fast asleep, even after Youngmin tried to wake him up. Kwangmin sighed, 'He had a lot of explaining to do.'