Chapter 15

Black Sun

Chapter 15

By the time the group arrived to the capital, it was late and the night life of the city was in full blast. Lights were flashing and many of the food stands were still open, it looked like a festival was occurring. Donghyun sighed and looked behind him at the group, Minwoo was on Youngmin’s back completely tired, while Kwangmin was rubbing his eyes, also showing signs of fatigue. Jeongmin looked tired as well and so did Youngmin. It looked like Hyunseong was the only one that still had some energy. “Hyunseong, I will find an inn to stay at, can you grab some food for us.” Donghyun asked, tossing a small pouch of money at the demon that reflexively caught it. The half-demon nodded and left to search the market. Donghyun led the others to an inn that was not far from the market.

When they walked in, the group went up to the desk to get them checked in. Fortunately, the inn was empty enough to give a room to all of the boys. Just as they were going to take the steps to their floor, Kwangmin was stopped by an oddly familiar guy. He couldn’t help but feel like he had seen him somewhere before. “What a surprise to see you, freak.” The man said. Kwangmin remembered, this was the group that Minwoo used to hang out with. Kwangmin’s gaze darkened, Youngmin felt a change in Kwangmin and turned to his brother, “Kwangmin?” The younger boy seemed composed enough, he even signaled Youngmin to go on with out him that he would catch up to him. The two left the inn and went outside.

Hyunseong was walking back to try and find the others. He knew Jeongmin’s scent and followed that to the inn, but also found Kwangmin getting ready to confront a man. The demon waited to see if perhaps he should stop the fight, but Kwangmin seemed to be fine. Hyunseong felt a different presence in the area; it was of a young child. He looked around and noticed that it was a girl carrying a bag of groceries. “Kwangmin don’t do anything stupid, there are innocent people here.” Kwangmin perked up to Hyunseong’s voice. He looked around and noticed the girl. The man however was ready for a fight. Kwangmin placed his hand on the ground, dark energy created an invisible barrier around himself and the man, in hopes to not hurt the other passerby’s.

Hyunseong was impressed; he smirked a little and continued his way to the inn, where he went up a set of stairs to the second floor and into the last room in the hallway to Jeongmin’s room.

Kwangmin stood on alert, the idiot across from him was testing his patients. He was taunting him, throwing remarks at him that would make anyone want to slap him. However, he kept his composure he dealt with him before and he will do it again, this time without the help of the dark one. The man cracked his knuckles and charged, one fist in the air ready to punch. Kwangmin dodged it and tripped the man when the fist missed him. “Why you little brat.” The man muttered, steadily becoming angrier at the silent Kwangmin. The man turned and kicked the younger in the ribs. Kwangmin flinched on impact, he heard something crack. It was hard to breath, and he felt the dark power surging in him ready to fight back, 'Y-Youngmin...'

The older twin left the inn to look for his brother, it wasn't really like him to accept a fight like that and he knew the cause. He was loosing himself. Youngmin's light no matter that his power had finally awakened it was not helping his brother. He found the two in the middle of the street. It looked like the man had already done some sort of damage. He walked up in the middle of the fight, “that is enough.” He said looking at the man. The man backed away a little, not expecting the older boy to stop the quarrel. Kwangmin stood up rubbing the painful spot in his chest where he was kicked. Something was weird about Youngmin in that moment, it was as if they had switched and Youngmin was the one with the dark powers. The man seemed to have sensed the same thing. He tsked and walked off. Youngmin looked at Kwangmin and said, “This needs to stop. Kwangmin, I don't know how long you want to continue acting reckless, but I am telling you now, it needs to stop now.” Kwangmin looked down, he had become a burden to Youngmin. Wincing, he turned and went back to the inn with Youngmin following behind.

When they returned to their hotel room, Youngmin sat his brother down and brought out some bandages from his bag to bandage Kwangmin's chest. For the first time Youngmin seemed to be troubled about something, and Kwangmin knew it was his fault. It always was. When Youngmin finished, he brought brought Kwangmin's gaze back up to him. “I've been thinking about that time you kissed my hand. I was trying to forget about it, but every time I look at you that moment comes back. So, I wanted to ask, why did you do it?” Kwangmin remembered that time, he remembered the kiss. However, he wasn't really sure as to why he did it, it seemed like the natural thing to do at the time. Now that he thought about it, he felt a little jealous when Minwoo joined them. He took Youngmin's hand and began to write on his palm with his finger, “I honestly thought it was the natural thing to do, but now that I'm thinking about it more, I guess its because I care for your your my brother which is why having these kind of feelings are not really smiled upon so I thought just showing small signs would be ok, but I'm not so sure that it is anymore.” Youngmin was taken back, Kwangmin had just confessed to him and it filled him with an emotion that wasn't hatred. It made his heart beat faster and brought a smile to his face. “Kwangmin, I had no idea that you felt that way. I actually thought that I was the only one feeling that way.” Kwangmin smiled, a huge weight seemed to lift off his shoulders. “And besides, we are children of the Gods and as far as mythology goes Gods have married their siblings before so I don't see the problem.” Kwangmin smiled and wrote, “Thank you, hyung.” Youngmin leaned in and pressed his lips to his brothers in a shy kiss.