Chapter 6

Black Sun

Chapter 6

Once the boys were settled into their one bedroom suite, Youngmin took out his map and began to study it as if he was getting ready for some sort of exam. “Where do we go from here?” He wondered to himself. Kwangmin sat next to the older on the bed and leaned onto his shoulder. Youngmin looked at the younger boy and smiled, “You’re tired already?” He asked. Kwangmin shook his head and nuzzled into his brother’s shoulder a little more before writing on the back of his hand, “Hyung, we know we need supplies and information, so lets start with that, I’m sure we can figure out our next destination after we get our information.” Youngmin knew that Kwangmin was right; they need to take this one step at a time. “Yeah, that’s a better idea.” He said putting away the map. Kwangmin took in his brothers scent, it was warm and inviting, and most of all he felt safe with his brother no matter how far from home he traveled, as long as Youngmin was with him, he felt safe. Youngmin smiled at his brother’s actions, “Youngmin, do you really thing the purification stone will help me?” Kwangmin wrote his question on his brother’s palm. Youngmin didn’t think his brother would be hesitant, but he understood the younger boys worry; the purification stone won’t heal him that was his worry. Youngmin took his hand, lacing his fingers together, “Kwangmin, the purification stone will work and if it doesn’t then I’ll find something that will.” He said with a determined look. Kwangmin smiled and with his free hand, replied, “I know.” The two boys stayed snuggled up together enjoying each other’s presence.

 


 

Back at the inn, Minwoo walked in and met up with his boss who had an ice pack on his head trying to do something about his headache from Kwangmin’s previous assault. “So? Did you do it?” He asked irritated. Minwoo nodded, “Yes, but boss, you have to promise me you won’t hurt them;” The gang leader grumbled, “Fine, I promise.” Minwoo smiled and left to join some of the other members in the lobby. The gang leader smirked, “fat chance, no one attacks me and lives to tell about it.”

 


 

“Kwangmin, I’m going to head out for some supplies and try to get some information, you’ll be ok here by yourself for a bit.” Youngmin said as he was putting on his bag. The younger nodded as he leaned back on the bed to relax. The older boy ruffled the younger boy’s hair and said, “Don’t get too comfy, ok?” Kwangmin took Youngmin’s wrist and flipped his hand over, palm facing him. Youngmin thought Kwangmin wanted to tell him something so he waited for that tickling sensation, those light touches of Kwangmin’s that his fingers made when writing on his palm. Instead, he felt something soft, Kwangmin’s lips. He kissed him, “K-Kwangmin?” Youngmin stuttered a subtle blush creeping across his features. Kwangmin pulled back and smiled. This wasn’t a forced smile. It was a smile that the older sibling hasn’t seen in a very long time. It was a smile that Kwangmin used to show all of the time, when he was little, before he lost his voice. Youngmin loved that smile, his days were brighter whenever his brother would smile, but after he lost his voice for the first time, Kwangmin didn’t smile much. When he would smile, it would seem forced, but this smile was Kwangmin’s and Youngmin loved it. “I-I’ll be back soon.” The older stuttered once more and left the room leaving a chuckling Kwangmin behind.