Chapter 20

Black Sun

Chapter 20

The younger twin turned behind him to see Youngmin standing before him shock, happiness, surprise, and relief written all over his face as he stared at his brother that was supposed to be missing. “Kwangmin, is that you? I’m so glad you’re alright. How did you get away from the dark one?” Youngmin wondered. He walked a little closer, but when he got closer he noticed that Kwangmin’s eyes were black and it didn’t seem like the younger recognized him. “Kwangmin, are you alright?” The younger twin looked at the older and he spoke, “Why are you here?”

            Youngmin was taken back, Kwangmin spoke. He actually spoke. He was in so much shock that he could not form an answer to his question. “Well, are you going to answer me?” Kwangmin asked again. Youngmin gulped and slowly replied, “H-how can you talk?” Kwangmin released a sigh, “that wasn’t my question.” He stated, arms crossing over his chest. Youngmin sighed, “I was at a near by river, getting some water. Kwangmin, what happened, why are you here?” “I was sent by my master to search this cave for the purification stone.” Youngmin was now intrigued, “Master? Who is your master?” Kwangmin looking serious and blank before saying, “the dark one is my master.”

            Youngmin couldn’t believe his ears. The dark one was his master? Then who was he to him? “Kwangmin, who am I then?” he wondered. The other boy smirked, “You are my brother...” Youngmin smiled, but that smile fell when he heard the rest of the boys sentence, “my brother that abandoned me and lied to me. You are my brother who never wanted to help me. You are my brother that rejected me. That's who you are Youngmin.” Youngmin came a little closer to his brother. “What are you saying? I never rejected you, we are all working hard to find the purification stone for you. Who the hell told you other wise?” Kwangmin revealed a small evil smirk, “why the owner of hell told me this. He gave me back my voice and he said he will help me purify the darkness out of my body.” Youngmin was in disbelief, “a-and you trusted him? You trusted him more than your own flesh and blood? Kwangmin I was doing everything I could to find the stone for you so we could return home-” “Home?” Kwangmin uttered, “Where in the world is home? Everyone in that town hated me, you were the one everyone loved and treasured. Do you not remember how we were forced out of our so called home?” Youngmin backed away, this wasn’t Kwangmin. This wasn’t his little brother, this was an imposter. “What have you done to my brother?” He muttered. Kwangmin’s eyes widened, “What are you saying?” Youngmin looked at the younger, “The Kwangmin that I know would never bad mouth our home, he was kind and understanding he would never be so cruel!” The younger visibly saddened and turned away, “then what the dark one said was true, you never did intend on helping me.”

 

            The next morning, Youngmin and the others were searching the cave only to find that there was nothing there. There was no trace of the stone, but there was a trace of darkness in the area, and it became clear that Kwangmin was there and left, most likely empty handed. Youngmin had told the others what happened between him and his brother. The others tried to console him, but something was wrong with his brother. He threw so many accusations at him that night. It was like the kind and caring Kwangmin no longer existed, but that wasn't true his brother was taken over by the darkness. He made himself a solemn promise to get his brother back no matter the cost.

           

            Kwangmin was still traveling to find the stone. The cave did not bring up anything so the dark one sent him to a different location higher in the mountains where a village was located. The dark one, supposedly, had an ally who had some information on the stone. The entire trek was tiresome, but Kwangmin had to continue to find the purification stone. As the saying, if one wants something done, one has to do it them self.

 

            When he came to the village he noticed that the place was not seeing happy times. He needed to be careful and be wary; anyone can become an enemy; even young children who may not realize that they are doing anything bad. He walked in and instantly eyes were on him, they were watching him like lionesses watching a herd of zebras. He went to one of the taverns only to find his informant drunk and passed out at his table. Sighing he walked over to him and placed a hand onto the drunkards head to search the information that he needed, unfortunately he couldn’t find anything and so he was forced to wait until the drunk man awoke. Some how he figured it would take a while before he woke up.