Chapter 16

Black Sun

Chapter 16

The next morning Donghyun awoke to rain tapping on the window. Sitting up he stretched and sighed, “Well this won’t help us with searching.” He said to himself. He got up out of bed he dressed in his robes and began his usual routine. He was happy that he was able to finally leave the temple. The head monks were always pushing him to study more, but he wanted to be out in the field helping others and this was a great way to do it, and what a way to get his name out there. The monk Donghyun helped sons of gods to restore their powers. That alone would give him some sort of reputation. Once he finished his routine he looked to the other side of the room to Minwoo’s sleeping figure. Donghyun being a monk had to admit Minwoo was cute. The twins had told him that the boy used to be in a gang and he couldn’t believe it. This boy with the face of an angel was part of a gang? He found himself thinking many times that he would like to get to know the younger boy, but there was a small issue, he was a monk. He didn’t want to lead the younger boy on, but he didn’t know how long he could keep his restraint in check.

In another room, Jeongmin was stretching himself awake and Hyunseong was polishing his sword. “Good morning.” Jeongmin said smiling. Hyunseong smiled back, he loved that smile. They’ve been keeping it a secret, their relationship. Jeongmin’s father threatened to get rid of him so Jeongmin had to give the half-demon a place to hide. Now that they are traveling with the rest of the group, it feels like they shouldn’t be keeping their relationship a secret. Jeongmin stretched again and stood up to get dressed while Hyunseong got up and sheathed his sword. “Jeongmin do we have to travel with these guys?” he wondered. The other boy turned to the half-demon, “Is there a problem with traveling with them?” He asked. Hyunseong puffed out an air of annoyance, “In all honesty, yes. Those twins are, to say the least, odd. I don't trust them, not in the slightest and they are after a stone that most likely doesn't even exist, that is all kinds of weird.” Jeongmin knew how much Hyunseong hated these gods and demigod he and them don't get along well and now to be helping two sons of a sun god, Hyunseong is breaking a lot of his own rules that he set up for himself. “Hyunseong, they need help. Can't you at least try, to do something for them.” The demon growled, “I can send them to Hades if you want me to.” The human sighed defeated, this was getting them no where. “If it bothers you so much why not just leave and-” “and leave you here with them no thank you.” This made the human chuckle, “Hyunseong, can't we just help them out please.” Jeongmin knew that the half-demon couldn't resist the pleading of a human, it was in his nature as he is part demon. Sighing, Hyunseong muttered a quiet 'fine' and then sat back down by the window. Jeongmin smiled victoriously, he loved having such power over Hyunseong, but then again, he loved Hyunseong all together, so in hopes to make it better he sat next to the half-demon and pecked his cheek, “love you.” he said gently. Hyunseong looked at the human and smiled, “I love you too, idiot.”

The group met up in the lobby. Donghyun and Youngmin looking at the map of the capital while Jeongmin and Minwoo went to get breakfast and Hyunseong and Kwangmin were left sitting on the couch in silence. “There is an isle that is off the main land of the capital, its a place that people can go to the gods for help.” Donghyun said to the older twin as he pointed to the land mass on the map. “It won't be easy getting your brother in as you know there are barriers that have been put up so demons and dark gods can't go in there.” He added. Youngmin nodded, “We need to get there, though. We don't have a lot of leads right now and we need as much information as possible.” Hyunseong leaned back and placed his hands behind his head, “If you want my two cents on this subject, instead of finding leads you should be working on honing your power. Your power of light has awakened, right? So you should probably get control of it before it gets control of you, and that goes the same for your brother.” he spoke lowly to the other boys. Donghyun looked at Youngmin, “He has a point Youngmin.” The older twin looked at his brother who was munching on something that Jeongmin brought back for them. He would hate to hurt his brother, or worse for Kwangmin to hurt someone else. He sighed, “I agree, but what about the stone.” The half-demon shrugged, “if I know anything about gods, they don't just give you the answer. Especially like the gods of the underworld. More than likely they will lead us straight into a trap.” Youngmin wasn't sure what he wanted to do at this point. He wanted to find the stone as soon as possible for Kwangmin, but then again what if their father could give them any useful information.

In the underworld, the dark one sat on his throne he was beginning to grow weary of not being able to do anything. He checked in on where Kwangmin was located and to his pleasure, he found out that Kwangmin was in the capital near by a cave that was a secret entrance to the underworld. This was his chance to get the boy once and for all, he just needed the perfect opportunity to strike. He looked to his servants, “Prepare the chambers, we will soon be having a visitor.” The dead bowed and silently disappeared into the shadows of the dark corridors. “Soon, you will be within my grasp and then no one, not even your precious brother will be able to help you. All I need to do is figure out when to grab your little unsuspecting mind and guide you to me.” He tried to figure out the groups next moves to plan out when he would strike, but so far he could tell that nothing was finalized. The dark one's servants returned and said, “The chamber is ready.” The dark one nodded, “everything is almost ready and then he will be under my control.” He said, releasing a menacing chuckle from deep within his chest.

Youngmin sighed, he still had no idea what to do. Minwoo joined in and suggested, “what about going out for supplies first? You and Kwangmin are low and I'm sure the rest of us wouldn't mind a bit of extra supplies.” Youngmin liked that idea, he and Kwangmin needed supplies and this way he could have some more time to think about their next step. “Ok, lets do that. Donghyun hyung, will you stay and look after Kwangmin?” He asked. The monk nodded and the two went back to their room after seeing the others off. Unknowingly to Youngmin, he had given the dark one the perfect opportunity to strike.