Chapter 3

Black Sun

Early the next morning, before the shops opened and before the other towns people awoke, the twins gathered some necessities into two bags one for the older twin and one for the younger twin, and they made their way to the town gate. Before leaving, their father handed them a map of the land, “it may come in handy for you to map out your quest.” He said. Youngmin took the worn map and put it into his bag. Next, there mother embraced them tightly and said, “Look after one another, stay together and stay strong.” The two boys, after returning the embrace nodded and left town with no destination in mind.

 


 

Once the two left town they came upon a large road. Youngmin took out the map and unrolled it, there was a lake near by, according to the map, “We can, maybe, get to there and see where we need to go.”  Youngmin voiced out his opinion. Kwangmin nodded, agreeing with the older twin. Having a destination in mind, the two set off for the lake Kwangmin was feeling guilty the entire way there. ‘If only we were…if only I’ he wasn’t sure what or who to blame for their current situation, but he did know one thing, he was at fault, this was all his fault, if it weren’t for him, Youngmin wouldn’t be forced to leave home. He took his brother’s hand, the older turning back to look at him, “what is it?” He wondered. Kwangmin lifted his hand and opened his palm and began to write with his finger, “Hyung, I’m so sorry.” The older didn’t know what he was apologizing for, but as he looked at Kwangmin and his expression, he knew that the younger beating himself up over this whole event. Smiling, he embraced his brother and replied, “Don’t worry, nothing is your fault. We can’t dwell on what happened in the past, we have to look for the stone. You’re my brother why should I blame you for something that wasn’t your fault?” Kwangmin returned the embrace and nodded, he loved his brother for this reason, he was so understanding and caring, and he wouldn’t know what he would do without his brother.

 


 

 

When they arrived to the lake, the day was turning into night. Knowing full well that they would need to spend the night outside, Youngmin opened his bag and took out some fishing wire and a hook, “I’ll catch dinner, can you set up camp?” he instructed. Kwangmin nodded, going straight to work, he took out some matches and went to gather some dried sticks to make a fire. He then took out a large blanket; the blanket was large enough for two people to share so he figured that he and Youngmin would share the blanket he placed their two bags together for pillows. He stood back to take a look at his work. ‘Well it’s not our room back home, but it will do.’ He thought to himself.

 


Youngmin stood at the edge of the lake, his fishing wire stretching out far from him, he was deep in thought, he wasn’t sure where to start looking for the stone that could potentially help his brother, but he’d never heard of this stone before and he was sure that this stone was not just laying around waiting to be picked up by someone.

 


 

Once dinner was caught and fire was made, the twins began to munch on their food in silence. As they ate, they saw a man come out of the forest and out to the rivers edge, he had a fishing rod with him, so more than likely he was there to catch some fish. The boys looked at each other with curiosity, but continued about their business. Youngmin decided that this man would be able to help initiate their search for the stone. “Um, excuse me, sir?” Youngmin said gaining the man’s attention. “What is it, young man?” Youngmin was a little nervous, so he gulped and asked, “M-My brother and I are searching for something, a stone, it is said to be able to purify the evilest of men. I was wondering if you’ve heard of it and if you know a place where we can start our search?” The man looked at Youngmin and said, “You’re a fool for asking such a question. The stone that you’re referring to is known as the purification stone, it’s a myth, no one has ever seen it or reported to see it, and you two kids want to go search for it, preposterous.” Youngmin didn’t know what to say for a moment. He looked at his brother who smiled sadly from his spot by the fire. It was then that Youngmin realized how much that stone meant to him and to Kwangmin, he looked to the man and said, “I promised my brother I would find that stone, no matter what it takes.” The man looked at Youngmin’s determined expression. He then released a sigh and said, “Southeast.” Youngmin arched a brow, “huh?” “You need more information on the stone, so I would go southeast past the capital, there is a town there, you maybe able to get some information there.” Youngmin smiled and said, “thank you, sir.”  “HyungSoo.” Youngmin was confused again, “huh?” The man looked at the older brother and gave a small smile, “that’s my name, HyungSoo, but my friends call me K.Will, anyway good luck to you.” Youngmin bowed and watched him leave.

 


 

Once K.Will left, Youngmin went back to his brother who was putting more sticks into the fire. Youngmin took out his map and pointed to a town southeast of the capital, “this is our destination to start our Journey.” Kwangmin nodded he looked at Youngmin and smiled, ‘You’re the best hyung, I could ask for, Youngmin.” He thought to himself. Youngmin looked at his brother and smiled, “shall we rest for the night he questioned. Kwangmin nodded and went to lay down onto the blanket his head hitting his bag as he released of completely relaxed. Youngmin lay next to him, “Sleep tight, Kwangmin.” The older boy said before falling asleep.