Chapter 23

Black Sun

Chapter 23

At the temple, the sun god inspected the stone and smiled proudly, “You found it. This is the stone. Now listen to me carefully, this stone needs to be very close to Kwangmin so it can purify him. That being said, you can’t let the dark one get the stone, if he does then the dark powers within Kwangmin won’t be purified understand?” Youngmin nodded. The sun god presented Youngmin with an amulet, “take this with you, I will be able to monitor you through this. Also, this amulet has some amplification powers too, since your powers are not fully developed yet, this will help them a little.” Youngmin thanked his father before setting out. “Father, what happens when this is over?” Youngmin wondered before he left. The sun god chuckled, “You two will be able to come home to the gods or stay here whatever you two decide.” The older twin left full of determination, he was ready to get his brother back. He wasn’t alone in any of this and he was ready to risk everything to have his brother home with him.

Once he came back to the inn, Donghyun came up with a plan and the others listened intently. Their plan was simple, but effective. To infiltrate the dark ones lair, with Youngmin’s amplified powers of light, it would be hard for him to fight when there is a very bright light source. Once inside, Youngmin will find Kwangmin and begin the purification. It seemed like a solid plan, but Hyunseong was a little hesitant and now that they are putting their plan into action, he knew he would need to have some sort of back up. Once the group finalized their plan, they left the inn to find Kwangmin.

Donghyun lead the group to where he, Jeongmin, and Hyunseong, followed Kwangmin earlier. “He went into a cave?” Minwoo wondered. Youngmin nodded, “it makes sense. The sun god explained to me that to find the dark one you need to step into a place that is completely surrounded in darkness, and a cave is one of those places.” They stayed hidden for a few moments, trying to either decide whether this plan would work or whether to go with his instincts, but then again, he also thought when has he ever been this cautious? After a few more moments, the group moved toward the cave then quickly entering and making their way deeper into the never ending pit of darkness.