Chapter 12

Black Sun

Chapter 12

When Kwangmin was recalling the day’s events, he started to feel guilty. He has been nothing but a nusance to his brother and to Donghyun and Minwoo. He created such a disaster for everyone at the temple, too. 'What do I do? Should I leave and look for the stone by myself?' he thought sitting in the corner of the room. He sat quietly in his spot wondering what he should do. He was so lost in thought that he didn't hear Youngmin scoot closer to the younger, "Kwangmin." The younger looked up at his brother, "are you alright?" his brother asked. Kwangmin nodded and hugged his brother tightly as if to say sorry. Youngmin returned the embrace and rubbed comforting circles on his brother's back, "I think we should have Donghyun come with us. He'll be able to help us in travels and he can calm you down just as well as I can.” Kwangmin pulled back sad and disappointed, ‘He is sick of me…I knew it.’ He thought to himself looking away from his brother. Youngmin gently turned Kwangmin to look back at the older. “Don’t think anything stupid, you’re my brother and I will do whatever I can do to get that stone.” Kwangmin smiled and cupped his brother, there was that feeling again. He was blushing again. Kwangmin pulled back and nodded as if to say ‘I trust you.’


 

            As the morning turned to day, the twins and Minwoo got their things together and were ready to leave. Donghyun met up with the three boys outside the temple, “Thank you for allowing me to travel with you. I never get to leave the temple like this.”  Donghyun said to the trio. Minwoo and Youngmin smiled, but Kwangmin was still guilty his head hung low and his shoulders slumped. Donghyun walked over to the younger placing a hand on his shoulder making the younger flinch and slowly look up at Donghyun. The monk smiled and said, “Let’s have a great adventure and make lots of fun memories together Kwangmin-ah.” The younger gave Donghyun a small smile and nodded.


 

            “So where are we headed?” Minwoo wondered. Youngmin took out his map and looked at it, “we could head north, to gather more information.” He suggested. “That area is very mountainous it’ll be hard to cross.” Donghyun said, “I think we should go to the capital, we are going to get more information there plus there is a sacred island not far from there.” To the three boys that sounded like the better option so they headed for the capital.


 

            The dark one sat on his throne watching over Kwangmin, he cursed under his breath, “great, just great now they have a monk traveling with them. Youngmin’s light and that monks power is enough to keep the darkness in Kwangmin at bay, I need another way to get to him.” He slammed his hands down on the arm rest of his throne, “Damn you, Kwangmin…” Then he quickly calmed himself and said, “Oh well no matter all good things happen to those who wait.”