Chapter 18

Black Sun

Chapter 18

Kwangmin appeared in front of the dark one, the dark powers forcing him to bow down to the dark being. Smirking, the god helped him up and led him to the chamber. Inside was a large jar like machine, inside was more of the dark powers. Snapping his fingers, the dark one brought Kwangmin out of his trans. The younger boy looking around fear stricken, “Do not be afraid my boy.” Said the dark one, “I'm just glad I got to you in time.” The boy made a questioning face, “I want you to serve me, together, you and I will find the purification stone.” Kwangmin was not going to by that. Youngmin was helping him. The dark one chuckled, “you poor boy. Your so called brother doesn’t want to have anything to do with you. I bet he’s leading you farther away from the stone, he doesn’t want to help you Kwangmin he wants to get rid of you.” Kwangmin shook his head, Youngmin would never do that. “You don’t believe me? Well then step in there and see for your self, he doesn’t care for you, he doesn’t love you he wants to get rid of you.” Kwangmin cautiously stepped into the jar like machine where he was strapped and locked in. Then he was bombarded with dark energy and images began appearing into his mind of how Youngmin was treating him not like a brother, but like a monster. He was constantly with the others and always leaves him alone. Kwangmin couldn’t believe what he was seeing, was this for real? The dark energy continued to flow into him making the dark energy that was already in him become stronger and took over him faster until he couldn’t remember anyone by the name of Youngmin.

            Youngmin and Minwoo arrived at a small hut along the shore line of the beach. This was the only dock that still had some boats left for rental. They quickly paid for the rental and got into the boat. Minwoo rowed while Youngmin sat towards the front. 'How could I have been so stupid to leave him alone like that. Now Kwangmin is gone too right after they confessed too. “Hyung, don't worry, we'll get him back.” Minwoo spoke from his spot. Youngmin looked back toward his friend and smiled, thankfully he and Kwangmin weren’t traveling alone. He focused on getting to the isle, he needed to somehow get in contact with the sun god, perhaps then he will know what to do next.

            When they arrived to the isle, they went up the stairs to the large temple towering ahead. Youngmin gulped, visibly, this was the first time that he would be not only seeing his father, but talking to him as well. Something told the younger that he was going to be disappointed that Kwangmin wasn’t with him. However, he was sure that the god wouldn’t be too upset after he heard what happened up until now. When they came up to the entry way, Minwoo looked at the older and said, “You go on ahead, I’ll wait for you out here.” The other nodded and went inside.

            Youngmin ventured into the temple. There were statues everywhere around him of different gods and goddesses in many intricate poses and there were many offerings for every god. Youngmin found the sun god's statue it was very beautiful to look at, it looked almost majestic. Youngmin sat down in front of it, placing his hands together he spoke, “Father, its me, Youngmin. I need your help. Kwangmin has been taken away from me and we are no where near to finding the purification stone. I-I'm lost I don't know what to do, please help me.” There was a long silence and the boy was starting to loose hope, he was just about to stand when the statue began to glow and get larger. Youngmin backed away quickly, not sure whether to scream or run. The sun god stretched as if he was sleeping, but when he saw Youngmin he smiled, “my goodness, you look just like your mother, Youngmin.” The other gulped. The being sat down and smiled, “now then, tell me again what happened with your brother?” Youngmin calmed himself and said, “w-well I went out with some of our travel companions and while I was out I guess he lost control and vanished. I failed father, I'm sorry.” The god's smile fell, he knew this would happen. He placed a hand on his shoulder and said, “Son, you didn't fail anybody. You can still get him back. I figured this would happen, the dark one must've gotten a hold of him. Kwangmin must have a fragile state of mind right now and that's how he lost control. What you need to do is find an underworld entry point.” Youngmin looked confused, “What is an underworld entry point and what about the purification stone?” The sun god fixed his sleeves on his long robe and replied, “There is no time to look for the purification stone, and most likely the dark one is looking for it as well. If he intends to keep Kwangmin he’s going to need the stone to hold as much dark energy as possible to keep Kwangmin under his control. An underworld entry point is a scared area where one can disappear into darkness like a cave of sorts.”

            As Youngmin took in this information, he saddened; Kwangmin was swallowed up in the pit of darkness and is now in the grasp of the dark one. The sun god became slightly worried and spoke up, “Son, don’t beat your self up over this, ok? I know how hard you’ve been working to keep him, nothing here was your fault.” Youngmin looked at the god and gave him a small smile. “So what do I do now, where do I go?” He asked. The god leaned back a little and said, “Well, you need to start to look for the purification stone. This will give you an advantage if you find it.” Youngmin nodded taking in the information. “I can give you a location to start heading, but that is all I can do for now.” He added. Youngmin nodded again. The god smiled at his son once more and said, “The sacred cave up north was the last place that the stone was last seen and recorded.”  Youngmin bowed and said, “Thank you father, I will do what I can.” The god stood and disappeared with a final smile.