Chapter 21

Black Sun

Chapter 21

Youngmin and the rest of the group came upon a town. They didn't see it on the map, but with their recent run in with Kwangmin they've been a bit disheveled to say the least. They walked in and noticed the stares, some were bewildered others just looked on. Youngmin had to wonder why everyone was staring at them, had they never had travelers before?

It wasn't until that a scream of someone yelling 'demon!' that the others perked up. They saw none other than Kwangmin battling a large demon serpent. It was obvious that Kwangmin was trying to back it away from the town, he was holding a young girl in his arms. The others had no idea whether to help or not. Youngmin went foreword and kicked the demon hurling it backwards. Kwangmin looked to the helper, it was Youngmin.

His brother looked at him smiling, “You are my brother, and I am here to help you.” He said. The younger boy released the girl who ran back to her mother. “Then why abandon me?” The twins were prepared to fight the giant serpent when the other arrived ready to fight. “Kwangmin I don't know what the dark one said to you, but I would never abandon you, I made you a promise to find the purification stone to help you and that's what I intend on doing.” Kwangmin pulled his brother close to him when the serpent lunged at him. Youngmin blushed, it was just like when his brother was getting the fire wood. However, Kwangmin looked pained and Youngmin remembered that his light now affects his brother more than it used to. “Kwangmin, I-” He was cut off when Kwangmin created a barrier around himself, Youngmin and the others. The serpent slammed its body against the barrier and Donghyun dove in to help strengthen the barrier, murmuring spells under his breath, giving Kwangmin strength to hold up the barrier. Minwoo was by Youngmin's side getting ready in case the demon broke through. Jeongmin was standing behind Hyunseong who had his teeth bared, his fangs protruding from his mouth. Youngmin looked at his brother who was looking back at him, his eyes black as onyx searching for something in his brother's gaze. Youngmin realized at that moment that giving his brother some light may not only be beneficial to him, but harmful as well. Youngmin took his chance and pulled his brother in for a kiss.

 

Kwangmin was not expecting this, his brother was kissing him! Although it didn't feel odd, he was still shocked. He felt Youngmin's powers of light bombarding the dark powers that he had. Hissing, he pulled back, “What was that for?” He asked. Youngmin smiled and said, “I am giving you some of my power, to hopefully get rid of some of the darkness within you until we find the stone. Kwangmin, you have no idea how happy I am to hear your voice again. I was almost beginning to forget what you sounded like.” By this time, the demon had slithered away and the two brothers were now facing each other. Kwangmin sighed and took out something from his pocket, “the dark one gave me this, it is a map to the location of the purification, supposedly, take it.” Youngmin's eyes widened, “what?” “If you truly wish to help me, take it and go. If he asks I will tell him that I lost a battle with you and dropped it as I was getting away.” Youngmin took the map and smiled, “Will you be alright?” He asked. Kwangmin nodded, “I'll be fine, now hurry and apologize to the others for me.” Youngmin nodded and left his brother once more before joining the others to head out. Kwangmin watched them leave before disappearing into the underworld.

 

“Do you really think we should be trusting Kwangmin right now?” Minwoo wondered. Donghyun looked at Youngmin, no doubt he was wondering the same thing. Jeongmin and Hyunseong was, too. Youngmin straightened he knew that the others were hesitant especially since that he was now working for the dark one, but he trusted his brother, he knew his brother well. “If you don't trust Kwangmin that's fine, I'll find the stone on my own.” The others were stunned, they wouldn't have thought that Youngmin would be willing to fall into a trap. “Youngmin, we want to help you, but Kwangmin has been taken over by the dark one, this could be a set up or a trap for us.” “And what if it isn't?” Youngmin wondered interrupting Donghyun. “What if he's telling the truth, what do want to do if that is the case?” Hyunseong lowered his gaze, “He has a point.” Donghyun sighed, “it is just to big of a risk.” Youngmin smiled and said, “I know and I am willing to take that risk to help my brother. You guys should know that by now. I understand if you think it's risky and therefore I won't ask you to come along with me, you guys can do whatever you want.” He continued walking foreword leaving the other four behind. He was following the map that Kwangmin gave him. It lead him to a rocky mountain pass, it was dark and grungy. Something was telling Youngmin that this was a trap, but he had to trust his brother, he had to trust his words and believe in him.

 

Back in the city, Donghyun, Minwoo, Jeongmin, and Hyunseong were sitting at a small inn, pondering on what they should do. “Well, what is it going to be?” the half demon wondered. The others shrugged, “I understand that Youngmin still has hope for his brother, but the way Kwangmin suddenly just flipped his attitude is way to odd for me.” Minwoo said. Donghyun was silent and then Jeongmin spoke, “Well, Youngmin came into close contact with Kwangmin during the fight with that demon, so it could have done something to Kwangmin momentarily.” Donghyun was still thinking, 'Kwangmin was not waiting for us that was certain, so this couldn't have been a set up. Its true that Youngmin did come into contact with him and now that the power of light has awakened it could do a lot more to Kwangmin than just calm him.' They were not ready, not ready to trust Kwangmin after being taken over by the dark one. “I’m going to find Youngmin.” Donghyun announced. The others looked at him a little wary of what he just said. “Look, we aren’t Youngmin or Kwangmin and for us to try and understand something that a pair of twins has is something that we can’t do. So, I am just going to trust Youngmin’s decision and help him.”