Chapter 13

Black Sun

Walking along the path the boys came upon a small clearing it seemed peaceful and calm. “Should we take a break?” Donghyun suggested. The others nodded and they sat on the ground releasing a tired sigh, they had been walking around for a while and with limited supplies they will need to find a place that will be able to sell things like water to them, “So, Youngmin, can you explain to me what exactly are we searching for?” Donghyun wondered. Youngmin looked Kwangmin who seemed to be slightly restless, “I’m looking for the purification stone for Kwangmin. It’s the only way that he can be freed from the dark one’s grasp.” Donghyun took the information with a serious expression, “That’s a tall order, Youngmin. Not anyone can find the stone.” He said knowledgably.

The older twin looked at the monk then back to his brother, "I promised him, I would find that stone." His voice sounded determined. Donghyun looked at Youngmin, then to Kwangmin, and then to the map. "You aren't thinking of a way to change my mind are you?" Youngmin questioned. Donghyun was defeated there was no way he was going to convince Youngmin to stop his search for the stone. He pointed to a small village in the mountains, "This is our next destination. It's a small village, but they should be able to spare some supplies and even if they can't, the mountains contain streams of pure drinking water." Donghyun said dumping out as much information as he thought they would need.

Youngmin called over Kwangmin who was still checking the area, he was restless, only because he sensed the presence of a demon not far in the area. "We are going to a village to restock on some supplies. It's in the mountains so it will be-Kwangmin? Hey are you listening to me?" Youngmin asked once he took note that Kwangmin's head was whipping in every other direction, listening, but not to Youngmin. He put a finger to his lips; 'keep your voice down.' was what this action meant.

Kwangmin looked around and tried to listen to his surroundings. He knew that something was keeping a close eye on them and he didn’t particularly like being watched, especially if it was by something or someone that he didn’t know.

Donghyun took a good look around the area, he pulled his hand out palm facing away from him, he was trying to sense what Kwangmin was sensing, “I am sensing a demon, Kwangmin must be sensing the it as well.” He said gathering the map and coming closer to the boy.

‘Its coming,’ Kwangmin thought and he noticed that Donghyun was coming closer to him. Kicking the monk out of the way and dodged the attack of the demon that appeared. It wielded a large sword and hissed at Kwangmin. Donghyun stood up and backed away, “It seems like it is ok with the three of us, but it has a problem with Kwangmin.” The demon stopped sniffed the air then turned to look at Youngmin, and growled. “I think you may have spoken too soon, hyung.” Minwoo uttered.

The demon withdrew its sword and uttered, “You lot will not pass, especially not with these two.” Donghyun stepped foreword slightly, “wait, we have done nothing wrong, why won’t you let us pass?” he questioned. The demon pointed its sword at Kwangmin, challenging him, “the only way I am letting you pass is into the underworld where you belong.” He lunged at Kwangmin, who barely managed to move out of the way. Youngmin stepped foreword, but stopped by Donghyun, “let Kwangmin fight, lets see if he knows how to defend himself.” Youngmin watched with a worried expression.

Kwangmin pressed his hands to the ground and let the dark energy force through the ground and into the demon who was trying to block it with his sword. Youngmin was watching in a slight panic, Kwangmin could easily loose control and then it would be hard to stop him. Youngmin noticed that his light was having a harder time reaching Kwangmin. He thought that perhaps it was just his imagination, but Kwangmin was beginning to show darker traits and it was harder to control him now. Youngmin joined his brother, “you leave him alone.” He warned the demon. Kwangmin had never seen his brother this angry before. The demon lunged and it was then that Youngmin attacked, he pressed his hand to the demon’s chest and a bright flash of light burst from his palm and into the demon knocking him back onto the ground.

Kwangmin looked at his brother in shock, the older also seemed surprised himself with the light. It looked like that his powers of light had awakened. The demon slowly got up on its feet and picked up his sword. The twins readied themselves, it wasn't until a boy ran out in the open and yelled, “Hyunseong, stop!” that the demon froze and turned to look at the boy who had stopped him in his plan to destroy the two boys.