XXII. The Perfect Moment

Wolf Saga: Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time Skip...

In the darkest corners of the pack library, Chanyeol found myself scanning every book on the top shelf. Searching for the book that the elders said to look for.

The elders had told Junmyeon, that somewhere among the books in the pack's archives- the book was the one that they were searching for.

The book was said to hold the background of a neighboring pack that once was part of theirs, but split when their pack found out something that dealt with their leader's ancestor.

The leader's ancestor had never even been named for the past few centuries due to a betrayal but her name was in one book, which happened to be the one that they were told to find.

"Volume 27.." Chanyeol mumbled as he ran his fingers over the books. "None on my side!" Jongdae shouted from somewhere on the other side of the shelf.

"Same. I'm going to check the way back." Baekhyun calls out as Chanyeol reached towards the bottom part of the shelf. "Volu-" Chanyeol paused as a two and a scratched out number appeared on the book.

Could this be it? Chanyeol thought as he pulled the book out and opened it to the titled page, and then his eyes widened as a smile came to his face.

"I found it!" Chanyeol shouted while he walked past the others and back into the sitting area to sit beside his mate and Jiyeon.

"Oh let me see! I want to know who was the idiot to betray my new bestie!" Jiyeon yanked the book from Chanyeol and went straight to the contents and then flipped the pages, only to stop on a page.

"Holy crap." Kyungsoo muttered as a photo of a girl appeared in black and white. A girl who looks exactly like Taeyeon with very few differences.

"What a bit-" Jiyeon hissed but Junmyeon slapped his hand over with eyes wide open in shock. "What do-" Sehun started but than was cut off by a familiar voice startling everyone.

"What is everyone reading that is making you all look shook?" Jungkook stood with Jinwoo by his side. Jinwoo stared in silence with his head tilted slightly. Probably in curiosity.

"About that b* Kim Haeyeon!" Jiyeon sneered and Chanyeol looked to her in slight shock. Jiyeon was not the type to act that way, not normally.

"What a b*.. She got what she deserved. I just pity her family line though but at the same time, I hope they learn from her mistake." Hyeri said and Chanyeol's eyes widened in more shock.

"Hyeri-" Chanyeol was going to tell her not to call anyone that word,  but Hyeri cut me off by shoving the book into Baekhyun's hands with a straight face.

"That Kim Taeyeon doesn't have my loyalty. No offense but with that kind of background- don't expect me to accept her if we meet again. I'll greet her but it doesn't mean I like her." Hyeri tells him before grabbing her bag and pulls out a candy bar.

"I feel like stress eating for poor Sera!" Hyeri muttered before unwrapping the chocolate and took a bite angrily. Hyeri seemed to not only eat at usual times but also out of stress or out of anger. A lot.

"Oh she got what she deserved. Sadly her family was not thinking clearly and same goes for Sera. Sera was too filled with rage and the pain of betrayal." Jungkook said before glancing at Junmyeon.

"May we speak with you in private, Suho?" Jungkook asked and Junmyeon quickly nodded then got up and left with them.

~~~~~🐺~~~~~

Time skip...

"Chanyeol!" Hyeri's voice echoed loudly through the pack house and Chanyeol flinched from it.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter