XXI. The Visit

Wolf Saga: Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyeri?" Chanyeol called out into the hallway then spotted Tao walking his way. "Tao, have you seen Hyeri?" Chanyeol asked and the younger one nodded.

"I saw her downstairs around an hour ago! She was playing card games with Luhan in the living room." Tao told Chanyeol as they both made their way down the stairs.

"Cheater!" Chanyeol heard his mate hiss followed by Luhan laughing. "I did not! You're just a rookie at this game!" Luhan teased and Hyeri groaned.

"I quit!" Hyeri hissed as Chanyeol and Tao entered the living room. Chanyeol saw her sitting on the couch with Luhan across from her and cards in the middle.

"Yeol, he's cheating!" Hyeri cried as she put her cards down- facing down with a pout on her face. "I am not! I literally just taught you how to play this game, you're still new at it!" Luhan laughed as he defended himself.

"Whatever." Hyeri rolled her eyes and Tao grinned as he sat beside her. "I'll take over!" Tao called out as he grabbed her cards.

"Go ahead. Chanyeol and I are going to visit my dad now anyways." Hyeri said and the two nodded. "Tell him that we said hello!" Tao said and she nodded as she pulled Chanyeol's arm to follow her.

"Remind me why I will be staying with my dad for a few days?" Hyeri asked as she dragged Chanyeol back up the stairs to their room.

"Suho and the others, and I too, think it's best that you won't be here or at the pack house if anything happens. It might put stress on the baby." Chanyeol said but paused to grab his jacket.

"I would leave you with my parents but they will be out of town for a month or two to deal with a project in Japan." Chanyeol sighed.

"They even suggested that I should leave you where you can be protected and not alone, so I can't bring you to my apartment." Chanyeol ended his explanation as he moved around the room, getting Hyeri's two bags that were packed with some of her things.

"Fine.. But you better visit me!" Hyeri glared at Chanyeol while she sat on the bed. "Of course I will, who do you think I am?" Chanyeol muttered before nodding towards the door.

"Come on. Your dad said that he will be home by five, and it's already twenty past five." Chanyeol reminded Hyeri and she sighed but got off the bed.

~~~~~🐺~~~~~

Six hours without my mate is torture.. I knew I should have taken her father's offer to stay there for the night. Chanyeol grumbled in his head.

"Chanyeol? Can you hear me?" Jongdae nudged Chanyeol's arm and he groaned while slapping his friend's arm away. "He's dying! Go bring Hyeri back!" Jongdae shouted and Chanyeol heard Minseok chuckle.

"He is not dying, Jongdae. He's just going through withdrawals." Minseok said as he walked into the li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter