IV. One Step Closer

Wolf Saga: Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeri

After breakfast, the entire house seemed to clear out with the exception of Chanyeol, Yixing, and the eldest of the house, Minseok. But the one who seemed to be assigned to taking care of Hyeri, was Chanyeol; who was currently asleep on on the chair beside her bed. Which meant that he had to lean forward onto her bed to sleep better.

Hyeri stared at him in silence as she was laying down resting as told to do. "Oh, he's asleep?" Yixing's voice entered the room and beside him was Minseok, who held a smirk.

"He stayed up until four this morning. I saw him constantly checking on Hyeri." Minseok explained and her eyes widened. "Really?" Yixing asked with his eyes wide open and Minseok nodded. "I stood outside the door watching him doze off but quickly wake again and smack himself to stay awake." Minseok tells then then lifted his wrist to check the time.

"Oh! Hey, let's go before we're late for lunch!" Minseok told Yixing then waved goodbye and left the room. "We are going out to get a few ingredients for lunch, don't go anywhere!" He gave a teasing pointed look then left.

Where would I even go? I've been forbidden to leave the bed. Hyeri thought to herself then sighed as she sat in the bed, then her eyes went back to the dark haird guy who seemed to have made his way more onto her bed.

"You must be very tired.." Hyeri muttered and was about to grab the new book on the desk beside her, when Chanyeol turned his head towards her and his arms moved. Hyeri watched in shock with her cheeks turning red with each second as his right arm moved to under his head; and his left arm made it's way across her lap as he mumbled then moved closer and more onto the bed.

Hyeri couldn't move and all she could do at the moment, was stare in shock... But it was soon broken when Chanyeol grumbled about not being comfy and just crawled all the way on top of the bed and moved closer to her.

"Hey-" Hyeri's voice squeaked but she got no response, and decided to lift her hand and her finger went to his forehead, and she pushed his head back farther from her. This bed wasn't big enough.. Hyeri thought to herself as she started to feel suffocated.

"Stop.." Chanyeol mumbled as he swatted Hyeri's hand away and she glared at his handsome sleeping face.. "Move!~" Hyeri whined but he didn't move. Instead, Chanyeol his side and faced Hyeri. His arm s across her stomach and around her as he moved closer until his nose brushed against her cheek.

"H-hey!" Hyeri freaked out and attempted to squirm out of Chanyeol's grip but failed because he just tightened it and pulled her closer. "Stop moving.. I'm trying to sleep." His sleepy voice echoed around the room. "Get off me!" Hyeri growled and was far from embarrassed and flustered, and more along the lines of getting annoyed. But she was starting to feel that certain pull that her father warned her about when she was younger.

"Keep moving and my arm won't be the only thing on you." Chanyeol mumbled and her eyes went wide. What does he mean by that?! Hyeri's mind kept asking as it thought over all kinds of meanings to his sentence, but in a second her mind stopped.

Why? Because Chanyeol had somehow shifted their position, and his nose and lips were now brushing lightly against Hyeri's neck and she froze. Everything froze. Hyeri's mind, muscles, and the breath she had in froze.

"Breathe." Chanyeol muttered then moved back and stared at Hyeri and she stared back at him with wide eyes. She expected him to say something or explain himself but he just sighed then got out of the bed and left the room.

 

3rd Person POV

"Hey." Kyungsoo spoke up after the few moments of silence as they walked through the large open snow filled area."Do you think we really should have left them alone?" Kyungsoo asked the others.

"They're mates, Chanyeol would never hurt her or dream of it." Baekhyun muttered as he glanced left. "I guess.." Kyungsoo muttered in response then grinned. "I bet he's dying to mark her." At his sentence, Luhan scoffed.

"If I were him, I'd have already!" He said as they walked towards the car. Kris scoffed as he shoved Luhan before getting into the car.

"You can't even accept that you can love a person again, how can you mate someone I you can't o don't want to even stay with them." Kris said a the others piled into the car.

"I hate to say this, but Kris is right." Jongin muttered as he sat beside Kyubgsoo. "See even or worst kid knows this." Kris stated as he sat back in his seat then looked at Luhan, whobwas giving him a death glare.

"Hey do not give me that look! You brou-" Kris started but went silent when Joonmyun turned in his seat and looked at him with a straight face that clearly meant, 'Shut it or suffer later'.

 

Chanyeol

Chanyeol growled as he slammed the spoon onto the counter again for the tenth time. His wolf was growling and telling him that he should mark her. But he kept ignoring his wolf and shook  head of the thought. Chanyeol was too deep in thought that he hadn't heard someone walk into the kitchen until there was a loud thump.

"What th-" Chanyeol muttered as he swung around to see what made the sound, and just a few steps away was Hyeri, on thep floor and as pale as snow. "!" Chanyeol muttered as he quickly ran to her side and lifted her into his arms. "Hyeri!" His voice came out shaky. "Hey, get up! This isn't funny!" Chanyeol growled at her, but her face just seemed to become more pale. So he did the only thing that he could only think of.

"Yixing! You have to come back now!" Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter