III. Baby Steps

Wolf Saga: Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol

"I'm going out for a while." Suho told the others as he stood up from the chair by Hyeri's bed then looked over at Chanyeol. "Chanyeol, you're on duty until she's fully well again. No if's or but's." He ended then left the room before Chanyeol could answer back.

"Hey," Chen, who was sitting beside Chanyeol, looked around the room and discreetly sniffed the air. "Has anyone seen Sehun and Tao in the last two hours?" Chanyeol looked at him then at Luhan, Yixing, Baek, and Kai.

"No.. Haven't seen them since Kris left to 'tend to a problem'." Kai said and Chanyeol nodded as he turned his attention to the girl, his mate, who was asleep. "Chanyeol!" Chanyeol heard Kyungsoo from down the hall then waited until his friend entered the room.

"Have you seen that roll of tape I left in the living room? I swear that I left it on the shelf.." Kyungsoo questioned him and he shook his head and Chen looked at Kyungsoo with a confused expression. "I saw the maknae with it before." He tells him then looked at Kai.

"-bai, bo!" Baekhyun whispered in the corner. "I'm sleeping first." Yixing tells them then got up and stretched as he watched a half asleep Kai and a very determined Baekhyun. "Give it a rest, Baekhyun. Chanyeol already helped Kyungsoo, it's resting time!" Yixing tells him then looked back to Chanyeol.

"Get some rest, if anything, call me." Chanyeol nodded and Yixing gave a small smile. "Oh! While we were eating dinner, Suho restocked the small fridge with snacks and the other one with more ivy bags. Just change it when it runs out." He tells Chanyeol, who nodded then gave him a thumbs up.

Chanyeol stayed silent, watching Yixing walk to the door. "Oh.. I almost forgot!" Yixing said as he stared at Chanyeol then sighed. "I wasn't sure if I should say, but I noticed she had a healed bone on her ankle... It looks like she had an old injury.. I noticed it when we first brought her in.. Well that's all, I'm going first."

Chanyeol watched his friend's figure disappear then looked over at Kai and Baekhyun. "Baek, just call it quits already! He's already at fifty and you got only twenty winning points." Chanyeol whispered in a teasing way and Baekhyun  finally sighed.

"You're right! I'm leaving to rest now!" He growled a bit as he stood up then stormed out of the room. "Finally!" Kai yawned as he stretched then stood up. "I'm going to rest now, hyung." He informed Chanyeol then looked at his friend's mate and smiled.

"She looks healthier.. Lay said she could probably go home in a day or two." Kai tells Chanyeol and a growl escaped his lips and caught Kai off guard. "Get out!" Chanyeol growled lowly at Kai and he nodded before he ran out of the room, and Chanyeol looked back to my mate.

Hyeri looked healthier than when she had first arrived. She had gotten her milky skin color back, her cheeks had a gotten their natural shade of light pink back, which Chanyeol found himself wanting to smother her cheeks with kisses.

Her lips were no longer dry like when she first arrived and she was resting normally. As for her natural features- Chanyeol had helplessly fallen for her the moment he saw her, even though she had blood dripping down her face.

Chanyeol sighed as he thought back to Suho's orders.. 'I had Kai and Luhan fill in for you for the next three days. We have things to do, so take care of your mate. Spend as much time with her as you can.'

Now that he thought about it, Suho was acting a bit off, as if he was holding back in telling him something. 'Lay hyung said she could probably go home in a day or two.' Kai had told him.

'I think I will miss her smile the most when she leaves. She always brightens our days when we aren't having a good day.' Xiumin had said sometime in afternoon while they all ate lunch together. And just now, it all clicked together like pieces of a puzzle.

 

Hyeri

When Hyeri had woken up it was almost five in the morning and I had gotten up to use the restroom, only to turn to my side and see that only one person was here with me.. Unlike before it would be Suho, Lay, Kai, Luhan or one of the others but this time it was silent Chanyeol guy.

Chanyeol looked nice, when he was asleep. 'You're annoying.' Chanyeol had g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter