Worst start to the day

Nerdy me friends with gangsters?

Sungjoo and Chae ri were still walking towards Chae ri’s house.

“So how does it feel being friends with gangsters?” Sungjoo turns his head to Chae ri.

“It feels weird, I am a nerd who gangsters wanted to be friends with, anyone would think something was up, I mean because no one would be friends with me.” Chae looks to Sungjoo.

“Well there is just something about you that is interesting and the guys seemed to be okay with it, to be honest I don’t care what people think because we can bash them up any time we wanna.” Sungjoo laughs.

Chae ri nods and tries fixing up her glasses while having books in her hand. She accidently drops her glasses and books.

“Crap!” Chae sighs and bends down picking up her books. Sungjoo bends down also and picks up Chae ri’s glasses.

“Look at me for a second.” Sungjoo holds Chae ri’s glasses.

Chae ri looks up and Sungjoo slips her glasses onto her face making sure they are properly in place.

Sungjoo stares at Chae ri for a moment. Chae ri also stares at Sungjoo. No one moves they just stare.

Sungjoo is the first to break it. “Uh we should really keep walking.” Sungjoo coughs and starts walking again.

Chae ri smiles a bit and follows Sungjoo.

They two arrive at Chae ri’s house.

“Your house is nice.”  Sungjoo smiles, do you live with your mum and dad?”

“No just my brother, our mother died when I was 7.” Chae ri nods.

“Oh, sorry about that, my parents died when I was 7 as well.” Sungjoo looks away.

“Well I will see you tomorrow then, or if you want to.” Chae ri is still not very up to date.

“Yeah you will! Don’t worry, sit with us tomorrow?” Sungjoo smiled hoping she says yes.

“I do not want people knowing we are friends, they would hate me…” Chae sighs.

“Well they can shut their ing mouths because we are your friends now got it?” Sungjoo is very stern.

“Okay then bossy pants.” Chae ri laughs slightly.

“Well then have a good night Chae, uh mind if I call you that?” Sungjoo laughs nervously.

“Yeah, its my nickname.” Chae laughs walks to her door. “Goodbye Sungjoo.” Chae ri smiled and heads in.

Sungjoo waits for Chae ri to get inside before he walks off.

“No one will lay a hand on you Chae, ill make sure of it.” Sungjoo walks away.


“Chae! You are home.” A loud voice feels the house and Chae is faced with Jungkook.

“DUDE! What the hell, omg I freaked out.” Chae yelled as she looks at Jungkook.

“Same, we can’t get found out now… I mean the boys wouldn’t have cared if you went to another school but now because you are in the rival school they will do whatever it takes to hurt you.” Jungkook paces.

“We just need to keep us related a secret to both your gang and UNIQ okay?” Chae reassures.

“Alright, just be careful around them, they might be up to something, I do not know, they are just lying thiefs!” Jungkook paces angrily now.

“Dude! They will not hurt me calm down, I got told they have a code. Do you guys?”

“No, we don’t care who we hurt, well except you, only person I care about.” Jungkook grins.

“I will be fine, im pretty sure Sungjoo won’t.” Chae smiled widely.

“Are you already in love with this guy?” Jungkook raises an eyebrow.

“Me? No I am just friends with him… I am going to my room.” Chae quickly turns and shuffles to her room.

Jungkook waits till Chae is out of sight.

“Great… I hope we can do this otherwise I cannot let Chae be put into danger…” Jungkook ruffles his hair.

“Why did she have to be involved with those idiots, she will get used.” Jungkook sits down.

Chae ri had been listening from behind the wall. She felt different towards the 5 boys she met, like they meant to meet.

“I made the right decision oppa… let’s just hope they do not find out.” Chae whispers and walks to her room.


Chae ri woke up the next day refreshed. She smiled to herself and grabbed her clothes and got dressed. She ran to her phone which was ringing.

“Hello! Chae ri here.”

“Hey Chae it’s Wenhan.”

“Oh hi! Sorry I don’t have your number only Sungjoo’s, anyway may I help?”

“Yeah, we are outside to come pick you up, so hurry up.” Wenhan hung up.

Chae realised what he said and rushed out.

“Jungkook stay inside! The guys are outside.” Chae yells before reaching the door.

“Okay well hurry up!” Jungkook yells and hides as Chae opens the door and runs outside to the car.

Jungkook stays behind the door listening to see If they hve left.

“CHAE!” Sungjoo waves as Chae ri arrives inside the car next to Sungjoo.

Chae laughs and waves back smiling. “Hello Sungjoo, and the rest, whose car?” Chae looks around.

“The owner of our gang.” Sungjoo proclaims.

“Now you say that I feel like I am getting kidnapped.” Chae laughs.

“You wish that happened.” Yibo smirked.

“Shut up! I do not, I would be screaming if I was.” Chae glares.

The car drives away safely. Jungkook sighs in relief and closes the door.

“This is only going to get harder…” Jungkook shakes his head.


Chae and UNIQ all chatted loudly during the car ride.

“NO! I want to eat out after school now just hang.” Wenhan complains.

“Dude! Everyone else wants food you will be the one by yourself.” Sungjoo explains.

“Ugh fine, I will eat as well.” Wenhan says grumpily and looks out the window. Chae ri laughs to herself and leans over to Wenhan.

“I will come with you after we eat, we will ditch them.” Chae ri whispers catching Wenhan’s attention.

“Really?” He asks quietly. Chae ri nods while smiling. Wenhan smiles.

“Okay, we will sneak out after.” Wenhan grins. The two laugh. The other 4 just ignore them.

The 6 arrived at school 5 minutes later. All hoped out.

“I really don’t want to be seen with you guys, how about I just quickly leave then you come?” Chae says trying to persuade them.

“Why are you being so difficult?” Sungjoo complains.

“Because I am a nerd people pick on me and they will pick on me more if they know and see me hanging with you guys.” Chae sighs.

“Ah! I am in every one of your classes, you cannot escape me.” Sungjoo protests.

“OH no I am… ugh fine whatever.” Chae huffs and walks into school.

“Dude why are you so clingy around her?” Seungyoun raises an eyebrow.

“I am being friendly, I like her cause she is different to those stupid popular girl.” Sungjoo cringes. “Anyway let’s go in.” Sungjoo changes the subject and heads inside.

The others just follow. “I think he might be falling for her man.” Yibo nudges Wenhan.

“Yeah, if he is then we got to respect that, but we all know Chae ri is a nice girl and not like those queenka’s who try and cling to us. So pathetic.” Wenhan frowns.


Chae ri walked to the library hoping the guys were not following her. When she looked around she saw that they were not in sight she sighed in relief and walked into the library. She went to her normal spot and read a book until it was homeroom time.

Chae ri grabs her bag and walks to her homeroom. Chae ri stopped at the door. She could not get her feet to walk into the door. She knew that if she walked in then Sungjoo would make a scene.

Chae ri took a deep breath and walked inside. Chae ri scanned the room and saw that Sungjoo was not there.

“Where is he?” Chae ri looked around. Chae ri noticed the teacher was not there so she quickly left the classroom and walked to a part of the school where she knew that UNIQ sat at.

When Chae arrived at the spot she saw all 5 including Sungjoo. Chae ri contemplated whether she should go over there or not. She stood there for a moment before the guys saw her.

The 5 just ignore her and continue their conversation. Chae ri felt bad and decided to walk over.

“Please don’t be mad at me guys.” Chae ri frowns.

“Why shouldn’t we be? You kind of just shot us down, I thought we were friends.” Sungjoo frowns and looks away.

“I am sorry, okay can you just come to homeroom now?” Chae ri asks.

“It will be over soon, just stay here with us then go to class after.” Sungjoo nods and walks over to Chae ri and pushes her over to the guys.

“So Chae! Tell us about yourself.” Yibo smiles.

“Well, not much to say, I like to sing, my parents died when I was 7. That is really all there is too me.” Chae ri shrugs.

“Who do you live with?” Sungjoo asks.

“I live with my brother.” Chae ri nods.

“We need to come see him one day.” Sungjoo smiles.

“He is out of the country at the moment I was told not to let anyone in.” Chae ri lies.

“Ah alright then.” Wenhan nods.

“We should go to class now come on Sungjoo.” Chae ri grabs Sungjoo’s hand and scurries off.

“She is so peculiar it’s cute.” Yibo laughs. “Let’s go lads.” Yibo grabs the three left and walk off to class.

Once Chae ri and Sungjoo are away Chae ri lets go of his hand. “So” Chae tries to start a conversation.

“I will go now.” Sungjoo goes to leave. “Where are you going?” Chae stops and looks at Sungjoo.

“You did not want us to be near you so im going to class by myself. Sungjoo says sourly.

“We can go together…” Chae ri says making Sungjoo stop.

“Has the nerd finally embraced her fate?” Sungjoo crosses his arms.

“Well if you are going to be a sour puss to me I really have no choice do I?” Chae ri proclaims.

“Yeah so lets go to class.” Sungjoo grins and links arms with Chae ri dragging her towards their next class.

Everyone watched as Sungjoo and Chae ri entered their first class. Chae heard all these murmurs. She ignored them at sat in her usual spot which was fortunately next to Sungjoo. She heard someone say.

“Why is a nerd with Sungjoo oppa? He is so handsome and then she is so ugly.”

Chae ri cringed her nose. She hated it now everyone would be talking about her. The teacher came in.

“Okay students it is oral time!” The teacher announced trying to make it happy. “Anyway, Chae ri is up first.” The teacher nodded and sat down.

Chae ri groaned softly. She did not want to get up now, not after everyone talking about her.

Sungjoo nudges her. “Go up.” Sungjoo whispers. Chae nods and slowly rises from her seat. She walks along the outside and stands at the front.

Chae ri starts talking. “Hurry up and speak!” a guy yells.

“Shush you.” The teacher warns. Sungjoo glares at the student.

Chae ri noticed and closes her eyes before trying to speak again. This time another student yells.

“Just stop speaking if you are going to be there all day.” The girl laughs.

“Everyone be quiet!” Sungjoo roars. Everyone goes silent. Chae ri steps down and runs outside in tears.

“Go see her please Sungjoo.” The teacher points outside the Sungjoo quickly runs.

Sungjoo looks around the hall. “Chae!” Sungjoo groans and runs down the hallway. Wenhan had come out of the bathroom and sees Sungjoo.

“Hey man why you out?” Wenhan eyes Sungjoo.

“The stupid idiots in our English kept yelling out at Chae then she ran out. I can’t find her.” Sungjoo ruffles his hair.

“Want me to help look??” Wenhan asks.

“Yeah, you look down there and I will check the opposite way, message me if you find her.” Sungjoo nods and runs down the hall.

Wenhan also runs down the hall. He checks in all empty rooms and closets hoping he finds Chae ri. But no luck.

“Maybe Sungjoo had more luck then me.”

Sungjoo went outside towards their seating area hoping that was where Chae ri would be. Sungjoo looks over and sees Chae ri sitting there. He smiles and runs over.

“Chae, there you are omg you scared me.” Sungjoo stops in front of Chae ri.

Chae ri looks up and her eyes are all red. Sungjoo takes off Chae ri’s glasses and whipes her tears.

“I am sorry that they said that.” Sungjoo apologized.

“I get it all the time…”Chae ri sighed.

“Well that is stupid, stand up for yourself Chae…” Sungjoo softly says.

“I am afraid that if I do then they will come after me.” Chae whispers.

Sungjoo sits next to Chae and places his shoulder around her.

“Chae, there is a time when you need to pluck up that courage and take no from anybody.” Sungjoo says.

“I would but then I am a coward. I just want to be not known.” Chae ri sighs.

“That is not going to happen now, but you have us and we as your great friends will make sure nothing happens okay?” Sungjoo reassures.

“I am glad now that I at least have friends.” Chae smiles weakly.

“There we go! More confidence and you will be great. Now I know we can just ditch English so want to just ditch the rest of the day?” Sungjoo suggests.

“No, I want to go to all my classes and at least finish the day.” Chae ri says determined.

“Whoa she has changed.” Sungjoo laughs. “If you really want to lets go.” Sungjoo smiles and stands up.

Chae ri sighs and stands up also. The two then walk back into the building and go to their English class. Sungjoo nods at the teacher and sits in his seat after Chae ri.


The rest of the day was not as normal for Chae ri now. She got glares from everyone. Sungjoo and the others were always near her to make sure she was alright.

“Where are the others, man they are so late.” Sungjoo groans.

“We have been here for like a minute Sungjoo.” Chae ri says.

“Shut up you.” Sungjoo laughs. He sees the others come. When all 6 are together they all leave to go eat.