It is not your fault

Nerdy me friends with gangsters?

Jungkook gets a call and answers. “Hello?” He asks over the line. “Jungkook?” A man asks. “Yes, who is this?” Jungkook asks. “I’m a police officer, I’m here to tell you your sister Chae ri is in hospital, she was part of an accident.” The police officer says.

Jungkook goes silent for a moment. “Hello Jungkook? Are you still there?” The police officer asked.

“Y-Yeah I am here, thank you for letting me know.” Jungkook thanks the police officer and hangs up before rushing out of the house into his car and drives off towards the hospital.

“Please be okay Chae… Please.” Jungkook worried as he drove as fast as he could to the hospital.

Jungkook arrived at the Hospital no later than about 10 minutes. Jungkook rushed inside. He quickly looked for the front desk. Jungkook ran over.

“I am here to see Chae ri.” Jungkook said.

“She is still in being examined. Please sit down and the doctor will be out soon.” The nurse said before going back to her work.

Jungkook thanked the nurse and sat down placing his hands under his chin.

“I hope you are okay Chae…” Jungkook sighed and waited.

 

After 10 minutes of waiting the doctor came out. Jungkook quickly stood up.

“Is she okay doctor?” Jungkook looked to the doctor worried.

“She will be, but she has two broken ribs and broke her hip bone. She had a concussion and a few cuts and bruises that are pretty deep, but she needs to be in here for at least 2 weeks and the recover process takes about 5 weeks.” Doctor explained.

“Is she awake now?” Jungkook said.

“Yes, she is on the right side, number 5.” The doctor showed Jungkook before walking away. Jungkook quickly raced to the room number. He walked inside to see Chae ri sitting there looking out the window.

“Chae…” Jungkook ran over. “Chae ri looked over and her eyes widened.

“Oppa?” Chae ri tried not to choke on her tears.

“I am glad you’re ok” Jungkook hugged Chae ri softly so he did not hurt her. 

“I am oppa… I am.” Chae ri hugged Jungkook back.

Jungkook moved back. “How did this happen?” Jungkook asked.

“I was checking my phone and then I didn’t realise the light went off to I ran across and got hit.” Chae ri explained.

“Who was the message from that you were not paying attention?” Jungkook said angrily.

“Um… Sungjoo…” Chae ri said softly. This now made Jungkook angry.

“I told you they were bad! Why did you not listen?!” Jungkook yelled.

“BECAUSE! They are my friends!” Chae ri yelled back but then winced.

“Ow….” Chae ri held her ribs. Jungkook stopped and sighed.

“Chae… being with them is hurting you… if you had just only not looked at your phone this would have not happened.” Jungkook sighed.

“So now its my fault?” Chae ri glares.

“I never said that! I just wish you paid attention to road.” Jungkook sighs.

“Sure… you can go now, It seems all you want to do is blame them and me. What if it was the car’s fault! What if they hit me and they are to fault! Stop blaming everyone just because you don’t like them!” Chae ri yells.

Jungkook looks at Chae ri. “Fine, I’ll go.” Jungkook walks out of the room slamming the door. Chae ri snapped her head at the door as it slammed. She sighed.

“Why do you hate them so much…. What ever happened between them…” Chae ri looked out the window as it rained.

 

Jungkook left the hospital and he felt drops of water drop onto his jacket. He looks up as it starts pouring. He runs to his car unlocking it as fast as he could and hopping in.

“Why did she ever meet them. They are bad for her… she doesn’t know what she is getting into.” Jungkook yells frustrated. He then drives off back to the gang house.

  • 1 week later –

UNIQ had found out about Chae ri’s accident and had immediately run to the hospital. Chae ri made sure no one at the hospital let UNIQ know who her brother is. Jungkook had stopped coming. Chae ri felt bad for what she said but also felt like that’s what she had to say.

UNIQ had come after school to see Chae ri again. They walked inside smiling towards Chae ri.

“I wish you would come back to school already.” Sungjoo pouts.

“Yeah, we like miss you Chae, sounds weird but yeah.” Wenhan grins.

“Guys, I can still go to school but my hip will be aching.” Chae ri smiles.

“Nope, we will make sure you stay home and rest.” Yibo folds his arms and nods.

Chae ri laughed but not too hard. Her ribs were still very sore.

“Has your brother heard about your accident?” Yixuan walks up.

“Yeah he is abroad and he can’t exactly come over.” Chae ri lied. She hated lying but it needed to be done so they would never figure out that she was related to Jungkook.

Sungjoo sat next to Chae ri on the empty seat. “Can you get up?” Sungjoo smiled.

“Yeah but I gotta take a wheel chair sadly.” Chae ri chuckled.

“Well good cause we are taking you for a walk.” Wenhan grins bringing the wheel chair over. Sungjoo picked Chae ri up and placed her softly in the car. Then all 6 of them walked outside.

“You must hate being cramped up in here all day.” Yibo cringes.

“Yibo hates hospitals.” Yixuan tries not to laugh.

“I do, because I can’t go out and do things I want to.” Chae ri sighs.

“You will be able to go home won’t you?” Seungyoun asks.

“They told me it was better I stay here for the 5 weeks.” Chae ri mentions.

“So we have to visit you at this horrid place?” Yibo cringes.

Everyone but Chae ri laughed. “Yeah I guess so… you don’t have to, I am sorry.” Chae ri nodded and used her hands to wheelchair away.

“Dude! What was that about?” Sungjoo slaps Yibo’s shoulder.

“What? I did not mean for it to sound like I did not want to see her.” Yibo exclaims.

“Now you made her upset. God Yibo” Sungjoo glares and chases after Chae ri.

Yibo, Seungyoun, Wenhan and Yixuan all stand there. “Good one Yibo.” Wenhan shakes his head.

Seungyoun and Yixuan shake their head as well and follow Sungjoo. Yibo sighs.

“I am sorry Chae…” Yibo walked off after them.

Chae ri had stopped near a window. “I wish I never got in this accident, now they hate coming here… my entire fault I guess.” Chae ri sighed as a tear went down her face.

“It is not your fault…” Sungjoo places his hand on Chae ri’s shoulder from behind.

Chae ri heard Sungjoo’s voice and tears flooded out. “It is, I ruined everything.” Chae ri sobbed.

Sungjoo places his arm around Chae ri’s shoulder. “It is not okay; Yibo just said the wrong thing.” Sungjoo says.

Chae ri sobbed more but placed her head on Sungjoo shoulder. Sungjoo rubbed Chae ri’s arm as he comforted her.

The 4 guys came around but stopped when they saw the scene. They all smiled.

“Those two can have time alone.” Wenhan nods and they 4 turn away and leave the hospital.