Back at School

Nerdy me friends with gangsters?

Chae ri watched as she saw Sungjoo going up against BTS in front of the whole school. She could see him getting beat and she wanted to go and help him. Chae ri walked forward when she felt a hand grab her.

Yibo had grabbed Chae ri’s hand. “Stop let us help him” Yibo looks into Chae ri’s eyes.     

“I want to help him!” Chae ri yanks her hand out of Yibo’s grasp and runs towards Sungjoo.

Chae ri runs in and stands in front of Sungjoo.

“Leave him!” Chae ri faces BTS.

“Go away you little brat.” Namjoon moves up.

“No! you do not just come here and think you can start a fight.” Chae ri yells.

“Darling… we do not start this little fight, your little boy toy over here saw us and decided to slap me so this is why it started.”

Chae glared at Namjoon before turning around and saw Sungjoo on the floor bleeding.

“Are you okay?” Chae ri asks.

“I-I am fine. Let me handle this Chae.” Sungjoo croaks.

“Let me…” Chae ri stops before Sungjoo hears yelping.

“You are pissing me off little girl” Namjoon growls as he holds Chae ri next to him.

Sungjoo looks up and widens his eyes as he sees Chae ri is being held by Namjoon.

“Let her go!” Sungjoo stands up.

“You have to do something for us before we let her go.” Namjoon smirks.

“What do I have to do?” Sungjoo asks.

“You have to get down on your knees and beg for our forgiveness.” Namjoon continues to smirk.

“Don’t do it Sungjoo.” Chae ri pleads.

UNIQ are all now behind Sungjoo.

“I do not want you to get hurt Chae… I need to do this.” Sungjoo starts to get on his knees.

“NO! Sungjoo please do not do this. You do not need to prove yourself to them.” Chae ri yells.

“Shut up!” Namjoon growls and pulls on Chae ri’s hair making her yelp again.”

Sungjoo glares even more at Namjoon. “I will do it just stop hurting her!”

Chae ri looks at Sungjoo. “I beg you don’t do it.”

Namjoon growls and yanks on Chae ri’s hair again. “I told you to shut up didn’t i?”

Chae ri could feel her eyes watering as she felt the pain. Chae ri lifted her leg carefully before kicking Namjoon in the balls.

Namjoon groaned as he let go of Chae ri’s hair and fell to the ground.

“You !” Namjoon slaps Chae ri who was still next to him. Sungjoo runs over and takes Chae ri away from BTS.

“Run!” Sungjoo grabs Chae ri’s hand and all of UNIQ disappear out of the school and runs down the alleyway next to the school.

“Go get them!” Namjoon yells and BTS all follow UNIQ. As UNIQ were running Sungjoo could feel his leg getting sorer and sorer as they run. Chae ri could see Sungjoo struggling so she yanked him into a small gap between the alleyway.

The two stood there quietly as they watch BTS run past them. After they were gone Sungjoo sunk to the ground still in pain.

Chae ri kneeled down and looked at the bruises on Sungjoo’s face.

“I am sorry I failed to protect you.” Sungjoo croaks as he looks up to Chae ri.

“Don’t be sorry… you were hurt.” Chae ri sighs and feels her face still hot from the slap.

“You got hurt as well…” Sungjoo brushes his hand against Chae ri’s cheek.

“I will be okay.” Chae ri lies just so Sungjoo would feel okay.

“Where are the others?” Sungjoo asks.

“I don’t know, I will call them to ask.” Chae ri pulls out her phone.

“Don’t.” Sungjoo says and puts his hand on the phone.

“Why?” Chae ri looks up.

“Let’s just leave it till later.” Sungjoo puts his hand away.

Chae ri looks at Sungjoo before putting her phone back into her pocket.

“Let me help you up.” Chae ri stands up.

Sungjoo nods and Chae ri grabs his hand as Sungjoo lifts himself up.

“What do we do now?” Chae ri looks around.

“We will go to the gang house. If I know the guys they will be there or on their way.” Sungjoo walks out of the alley.

“I will hold you.” Chae ri places Sungjoo’s arm over her shoulder.

Sungjoo and Chae ri slowly walk out of the alleyway. Chae ri looks both ways before turning.

“How far away is the house?” Chae ri asks.

“5 minute walk.” Sungjoo coughs.

“We can do it.” Chae ri nods and the two head down the path.


After 5 minutes of struggling the two arrive at the house. Chae ri opens the door and as she does she sees the rest of UNIQ all sitting down.

“Chae, Sungjoo.” Yibo runs over and helps Chae ri bring Sungjoo over.

“Are you okay Chae?” Yibo asks as Sungjoo is put down on the couch.

“I will be okay.” Chae ri fakes a small smile.

“I guess none of you will be returning to school.” Chae ri jokes a little as she sits next to Sungjoo.

“Not after that ordeal.” Yixuan comes over with the first aid kit.

“Are you going to go back?” Yibo looks at Chae ri.

“I want to… but I feel like I need to be here.” Chae ri holds Sungjoo’s hand.

“I will go back with you.” Yibo says.

“You don’t have to… I just can’t miss school again… my brother would not be proud of me.” Chae ri says remembering not to mention Jungkook’s name.

“I will go with you” Yibo says.

“I will look after her Sungjoo.” Yibo nods as he looks at Sungjoo.

“Look after her Yibo.” Sungjoo looks at Chae ri.

“I will come back after with Yibo okay?” Chae ri kisses Sungjoo’s cheek.

“Be careful.” Sungjoo smiles softly at Chae ri before watching her and Yibo leave.

“How are you feeling?” Yixuan sits next to Sungjoo.

“My leg is in pain but other than that I’m good.” Sungjoo laughs a little.

“You really do have a death wish.” Wenhan jokes.

“What can I say; I live on the wild side.” Sungjoo laughs.


Yibo and Chae ri grab a taxi and arrive at school.

Chae ri sighs and stands close next to Yibo.

“Do not be nervous.” Yibo smiles and slings his arm around Chae ri’s shoulder.

“I feel like they will stare since they know what happened before.”

“You are a brave one for coming here after that.” Yibo smiles.

“I missed 5 weeks of school and I am not one to miss out, it feels wrong, it feels like I should not do it. I have had too much action for today.” Chae ri chuckles.

“Do we have all classes together?” Yibo asks.

“I have all my classes with Sungjoo; do you have any with him?” Chae ri asks.

“You my friend are lucky that I have all of them so I can look after you all day.” Yibo grins and the two walk to homeroom.

When the two entered everyone stared. Chae ri looked away and quickly sat at her seat. Yibo walked over to the teacher and whispered something before sitting down.

Homeroom went quickly as everyone was talking to their own friends. Yibo and Chae ri sat away from each other. A guy Yibo knew started talking to him.

“Dude, you and that nerd are friends?”

“Yes Hongki got a problem?” Yibo asks slightly annoyed.

“Dude, she is a nerd… she is not even pretty.” Hongki tries not to laugh.

Yibo kept his anger inside and answered. “She does not need to be pretty to you, she is dating Sungjoo so I would not mention what you just said again out loud otherwise I will beat you up.” Yibo growls softly and the bell rings so Yibo leaves and walks over to Chae ri walking out with her.

“Are you okay?” Chae ri asks as Yibo walks quietly with her.

“I’m fine.” Yibo answered and continued to walk.

Chae ri and Yibo arrived at their first class.


The day went normally for Yibo and Chae ri, no one made fun of Chae ri because where ever she went Yibo followed except in the girls bathroom.

Chae ri walked into the girls bathroom as Yibo waited for her. He saw two girls walking in laughing. Yibo kept his eye on the door as he did. When the two girls came out he saw their hands wet and a smirk on their face.

Yibo looked to see if anyone was around before opening the door. When he did Yibo saw a wet Chae ri sitting on the floor her head his her arms.

“Chae!” Yibo runs in. Chae ri looks up crying as she sees Yibo in front of her.

“T-they ambushed me and wet me…” Chae ri starts crying.

Yibo hugged Chae ri not caring that he was in the girls bathroom and also wet.

“Let’s get you out.” Yibo lifts Chae ri up and walks out with her in his arms.

“I am taking you back to the guys.” Yibo walks out of the school with Chae ri.

Chae ri stops outside.

“I….” Chae ri starts crying again.

“Hop on my back” Yibo crouches down.

Chae ri hops on covering her arms in front of his neck.

“I cannot believe they did that to you.” Yibo sighs.

Chae ri said nothing because she was too busy crying.


Yibo and Chae ri arrived back at the gang house. Chae ri had fallen asleep on Yibo’s back.

Yibo opened the door and walked inside to find all the guys playing video games. Yibo walked in.

“Guys some help please.” Yibo yells out.

Sungjoo looked up first and saw Chae ri on Yibo’s back. He quickly ran over.

“What happened to her?” Sungjoo asked worriedly.

“Some popular girls ambushed her in the bathroom and wet her.” Yibo hands Chae ri over to Sungjoo.

Sungjoo took hold of Chae ri and sighed as he looked at the sleeping Chae ri who was still damp.

“I am sorry I was not there again….” Sungjoo felt anger as he went into another room and placed Chae ri on the spare bed.

Sungjoo laid her down and kneeled down thinking for a second.

“Chae?” Sungjoo shakes Chae ri a little to wake up up.

Chae ri opened her eyes and saw Sungjoo before her.

“We need to change your clothes, I have some for you since you have none here.” Sungjoo hand Chae ri some clothes and walks to the door.

“I will be outside okay?” Sungjoo nods.

Chae ri stands up and nods as Sungjoo closes the door.

She changes out of her wet school clothes and into the clothes Sungjoo handed her.

Che ri looked down and looked at the baggy sweats and t-shirt she was wearing.

Sungjoo knocked on the door. Chae ri walked over and opened it.

Sungjoo looked Chae ri up and down as he smiled.

“Are you okay now?” Sungjoo asks.

Chae ri shakes her head and hugs Sungjoo as she cries.

Sungjoo softened and hugged Chae ri back tightly.

“It will be okay… I am here now and you are safe.” Sungjoo kissed Chae ri’s temple.

Sungjoo let go and walked to the bed with Chae ri.

“You need to sleep… you are starting to get sick…” Sungjoo points to the bed.

Chae ri whipped her tears and laid on the bed. She looked up at Sungjoo and he automatically knew what she wanted. Sungjoo laid next to Chae ri and placed his arm under and hugged her tightly as Chae ri closed her eyes and fell asleep.