What just happened?

Nerdy me friends with gangsters?

“Chae! I am going to see the guys stay inside and do not unlock the door.” Jungkook yells to his sister who is upstairs.

“Yes Jungkook!” Chae ri sighs as she hears her brother leave. Chae ri then goes back to her homework which was almost finished.

Chae ri sat there for about 5 minutes stuck on a maths question. Chae ri gave up after 3 minutes.

“I know he told me that I need to stay inside but we have no food.” Chae groans and stands up placing on her shoes before grabbing her keys and walking out the door.

Chae ri walked down the road to the shop which was like 5 minutes down the road. She noticed that the street was very quiet tonight, it was only like 6 and the street was now silent.

Chae ri then heard footsteps and shouting coming from ahead of her. She then saw 5 male figures run out of the alley ways ahead on the right. Chae ri stopped in her tracks as she watched the movement of the 5 males. They were now heading towards her.  Chae ri plucked the courage to walk towards them hoping they just go past her.

The 5 boys saw Chae ri and ran up to her.

“NERD!” the boy laughed as all 5 surrounded Chae ri.

“Wait guys, she is from our school, she is a nerd let’s leave.” A guy with brown hair said as he laughed.

The 4 boys laughed and followed the guy. “He must be the leader.” Chae ri sighs and continues on her adventure still a bit shocked from before.

Chae ri finally arrived at the shop without any casualties. She walked inside and greeted the girl at the front counter.

“Hello Takumi” Chae ri bows.

“Hello Chae, I did not think I would see you this time of night.” Takumi laughs.

“Yeah it is weird, but we had no food and oppa left so I thought I would grab some ramen.” Chae grins and grabs two bowls of ramen. Chae ri then pays for the ramen and leaves waving goodbye to Takumi.

Chae ri gets home safety. She checked to make sure Jungkook was not home. When Chae ri had checked Jungkook was nowhere to be seen Chae ri sighed in relief and went to go make her ramen.


Jungkook got home later on. Jungkook walked into the lounge room and saw Chae ri asleep on the couch.

“You little cutie.” Jungkook smiles and lifts his sister off the couch and walks to her bedroom. He places her on the bed removing her glasses.

“I wish you would not wear these glasses…”Jungkook sighs and leaves the room. Jungkook then walks into his room when his phone goes off. Jungkook picks it up.

“Hello?” Jungkook tries to wait for the person to reply.

“Hey Jungkook just wondering If the guys and I could come over?” Jungkook’s friend V said from over the phone.

“Sorry V I am renovating, maybe another day.” Jungkook hopes V will hang up quickly.

“Oh well then come out!” V sounds excited.

“V we literally were together like 5 minutes ago…” Jungkook explains.

“Oh yeah we were, well sorry mr grumpy, goodbye.” V hangs up quickly.

“That kid is seriously annoying me right now.” Jungkook sighs and ruffles his hair before walking to his bedroom. Jungkook lays down.

“What happens if they actually find out about Chae… I cannot let them figure out who she is then I am in big trouble… better yet she is in more trouble.” Jungkook closes his eyes in frustration. He did not want his sister to be found out by the gang otherwise he did not want to think about what they would do.

Jungkook closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. Hoping everything will stay normal and Chae ri never gets found out.


Chae ri woke up the next morning and found herself on her bed. Chae ri sat up confused.

“Why am I in my room? I was on the couch last…” Chae ri looked around confused.

“I brought you in here idiot.” Jungkook laughed. Chae ri turned her head to face her brother.

“Oh… well that makes complete sense.” Chae ri laughs nervously.

“Well it is a school day hurry up and get dressed.” Jungkook rolls his eyes and walks away from Chae ri’s bedroom.

Chae ri closes her door and grabs her uniform that was hanging on the rack in her wardrobe. She changed into them, grabbed her glasses and her bag. She placed on her shoes and waves to Jungkook before racing towards the bus stop.

“OMG I AM SO LATE!” Chae sighed in frustration. She was always late to the bus. She hoped it would be not there by now.

Chae ri saw the bus stop ahead and raced quicker. She saw no sign of the bus. When Chae arrived she was puffing so much. She sat down on the seat next to the woman.

“Dear, you need to stop being late to the bus stop, then you can actually take your time and walk.”

“You are right Miss Kwon, I will take that into account.” Chae smiled to the woman next to her.

“How is your brother Chae?” Miss Kwon smiled.

“Oh? My brother? Well he is fine, just normal for oppa.” Chae smiled nervously.

The bus arrived in time. “Im glad I was not late.” Chae laughs and gets onto the bus.

The bus finally arrived to school. Chae thanked the bus driver and hoped off the bus.

“Yay… terror of a school...” Chae r sighed and fixed up her glasses. She hated school because all that happened was she got bullied and picked on.

Chae ri walked into school and dodged everyone she could. She got to her locker and grabbed her books out. She heard loud noises and turned around to see 5 boys walking down the hall. Her eyes landed on the guy in the middle. He seemed so familiar.

The guy in the middle looked towards Chae ri. He smirked at her before they walked past her.

“NO…. they were the 5 from last night… dammit, now they really know who I am.” Chae sighed in frustration. She quickly ran off to the library.

Chae ri left the library when the bell rang signalling for homeroom. Chae ri remembered she has home with the leader guy she saw last night. She knew who they were, they were the bad boys of the school and also they were in a gang, their name was UNIQ.

Chae ri walks in and takes her seat in the back row. Being a nerd she still did not want to be noticed. Hence why she sits at the back. Chae’s attention was shortly attached to the leader walking in. She never knew his name just their gang.

Chae watched him sit down, she quickly looked away. Chae would answer her name on the role that is all she intended on doing. She hated everyone in her class, none of them liked her anyway.

When the bell rang signalling class Chae ri always took the back door and would quickly rush out. She knew all ways to avoid everyone. It worked on some days, other days it did not.


Chae ri was able to finish the school day without getting picked on. She felt something odd, usually people would pick on her at least once.

Chae ri quickly headed off towards the shop near her school. She met Jungkook there everyone afternoon. She checked her phone to make sure Jungkook messaged or not. She got a message from Jungkook saying he cannot pick her up.

Chae ri was already at the shop. “Thanks Jungkook…” Chae ri sighed and headed down the street. She turned down an alleyway. It was the easiest way.

“I cannot believe he made me do this.” Chae heard voices on the other side of the alleyway. She continued down the alleyway when the voices got louder. She heard snickers and laughs being exchanged.

Chae ri finally arrived at the end. She stopped when she was able to see and also hear the voices.

One side of the path 5 were standing there in her schools uniform. Chae ri turned and saw 7 guys wearing another school’s uniform. Her eyes gazed to a familiar person. Her eyes widen when she realized it was Jungkook her brother and his friends.

All 12 looked Chae ri’s way. Jungkook’s eyes widen when he saw Chae ri standing there. He knew he could not say anything right now.

“Who are you?” A guy with grey looking hair scowled at Chae ri.

“I-I-I” Chae ri was no able to get a word out before a hand grabbed her shoulder.

“She is with us Namjoon, go away before this gets ugly.” The tall guy with brown hair spat.

“Alright bro, I guess we will see you around, and your little…” Namjoon looked Chae ri up and down. “Whatever she is.” Namjoon laughed and walked off with the 6 other’s following him.

When they were out of sight the 5 boys turned to Chae ri.

“You really have bad timing.” The brown guy said.

“S-S-Sorry…” Chae said looking away.

“Hey! Do not be like that, we will not hurt you, we have a policy, no one from a rival school can touch a girl from our school or we are forced to act and take them under our wing.” A guy with black hair salutes.

“Aren’t you all suppose to be like bad boys in a gang.” Chae ri proclaims

“watch what you say nerd.” The guys growls.

“Sorry… I guess it us true.” Chae ri fixes up her glasses.

“Anyway, you are pretty cute.” The brown haired guy smiles.

“And I also realised none of us have introduced ourselves. I am Sungjoo the leader, this is Yibo.” Sungjoo smiles and places a hand on the guy with black hair.

He then named the rest of the members. “I guess since we are now acquainted we can be friends?” Sungjoo smiles and looks to Chae ri.

“But… I am nerd, you cannot be seen with me.” Chae points out.

“Well that can be arranged.” Sungjoo snickers.

“Hey! I do not allow you to change me, how about we keep our distances at school and friends outside?” Chae says.

“Sounds good, but if you are in trouble come to us, we can be like your bad boy friends.” Yibo proclaims.

“This is so weird, you want to be friends with a nerd like me.” Chae fidgets.

“Well you are very interesting and may I add cute for a nerd.” Sungjoo grins to Chae ri.

Chae ri blushes. “Dudes stop flirting.” Yibo complains.

“Sorry, um well do you want one of us to take you home? I do not trust you walking when those imbeciles are out there.” Sungjoo says annoyed at the last part.

“Y-Yeah…” Chae nods softly.”

“Then I guess I will.” Sungjoo offers. “Guys I will see you back at the club.” Sungjoo grins and walks off pushing Chae along with him.

“That dude is so weird…” Wenhan chuckles and the 4 walk off laughing.