Practice Partners

You and Me

 

"Hana, deul..." The room was filled with music and seriousness by each artists, doing their best to perfect the choreography for  the upcoming concert. Of course, but it was a bit new for YG's newest girl group, Black Pink. "Alright, you girls gave been doing a great job. But each of you will be assigned with different people and are requested to sing other songs, not just your own." The choreographer explained as the four listened attentively. "Some you'll have as pairs, others solo, and some also just as dancers. So I have decided to have each of you paired up and to practice with artists you may know, but are not that close to."

 

Having hward that statement made the girls feel slightly nervous, but it was much more difficult for a specific individual. Jisoo bit her lip while she was seated in front of the mirrors. Her partner had yet to arrive while the rest of her group members were already practicing. "Oppa, are you sure my partner is aware of our arrangement?" She asked anxiously. "I'm sure, though I'm not surprised by the tardiness since she's quite busy with a lot for the concert." As if on queue, the door burst open and a tall raven haired woman panted heavily with her hands on her knees.

 

"Ah, Jae-ssi, you've finally come." The choreographer greeted with a smile as the woman replied with an apologetic one. "Anyway, as for your practice partner, here is Jisoo. You're aware as to who she is?" Jae looked to the shorter girl before nodding and showed a small stare before bowing. "Annyeong Jisoo-ssi." Said girl showed a timid smile and bowed back. "Annyeong." Though when she'd look at the older girl's facial expression, she wasn't sure what to do.

 

You see, Kwon MinJae is the younger sister of Big Bang's leader, Kwon Jiyoung and she is also closest with both her oppa's group, as well as recently disbanded group, 2NE1. So when she heard about Black Pink being the "new" 2NE1, she was definitely displeased by the news.

 

"Well, let begin? I still have a schedule after this so I think I've already wasted time with my tardiness." Jae stated calmly as she focused her attention on the male. "Alright. Serious as ever." The choreographer chuckled before leading the pair to a part in the room and started instructing them with the steps. All the while, Jisoo was making mistakes here and there while Jae calmly corrected her, but Jisoo could see the irritation in the ravenette's eyes as they continued, making her feel small under the latter's gaze.

 

"Alright. Oppa, I have to get going." Jisoo fiddled with her fingers as Jae walked up to their choreographer. "Ah, don't worry. We can just continue tomorrow. Stay out of trouble, arraseo?" Jae showed a smile and nodded before she bowed and bid him goodbye. Jisoo bit her lip before she quickly went after the woman. "Jae-ssi!" The taller idol looked over her shoulder and raised a brow. "U-Uh.. M-Mianhe for making so many mistakes and not being able to get the steps quickly." She apologized and waited for the other's response.

 

"If that's all, I don't need anymore of my time wasted." Jisoo was, of course, surprised by the tone and words of the older idol. Sure, she knew that it may have been irritating to be partnered with someone that always made errors, but she didn't know that she was that bad to make the other appear as if she wanted nothing to do with her. So as Jae started to walk away, Jisoo decided to practice more on her dancing so that she was able to catch up with the other the next time they practiced.

 

 

"I don't get why you're so upset. I mean, she's new and we've all been in that stage, Jae. You understand that part more than all of us." GD handed his little sister a mug with hot chocolate as they continued to discuss about the upcoming concert and their practice. "Of course I understand that. But it doesn't change the fact that she isn't that good." Hearing this made the older Kwon frown as he shook his head. "You shouldn't let things affect you like this. I know that you're upset, we all are, but we can't do anything about it."

 

But all Jae did was take a sip of her drink and stared at the various pictures on their shelves and walls.

 

"Okay! Since we have two more weeks for the concert, I want to see you all perform as we rehearsed." The manager clapped his hands and everyone went to their places. Solos, duets and group rehearsals went on, and when Jisoo stood by Jae's side, waiting for their queue, she felt her heart hammering in her chest. All throughout their practices together, Jae never once said anything nice. All she said was to instruct and scold her for her mistakes.

 

"I don't get it. I'm trying really hard but she's just so... Argh!" Jisoo complained to her members when they were alone in the room. They all gave her a sympathetic look before shaking their heads. "She's been giving us the cold shoulder, too." Jennie informed, causing the girl to groan. "I don't get why she like that. Is it because we're new?" Lisa frowned. "I don't think she's that kind of person." Rose intervened. "I mean, I've been a really big fan of hers for the past years and I know that Jae isn't a bad person. She must have a reason as to why she's being this way."

 

"Like what? We just debuted. What could we have possibly done?" Jisoo scrunched her nose up. "Well, she's the sister of G-Dragon, and she's really close to Big Bang and 2NE1." Rose informed them. "Do you think it's because of what the people are saying online?" Lisa blinked curiously. "Most probably." Jennie nodded with a thoughtful look. "Whatever. She can be all immature if she wants. I don't care. I'm doing the best I can. So she can just... She's behind me, isn't she?" Jisoo's expression turned blank when she saw the alerted look on her friends' faces before slowly turning around as she held her breath.

 

"Did I hear that right?" Jae asked calmly with a raised brow and Jisoo heard her friends shuffling from behind her and she knew that they left to flee. Even when Jae looked like a nice person, she was still just as intimidating as her brother. "I'm immature?"

 

"A-Anni. I-I just..." Jisoo mentally cursed as she stuttered and just kept shut as she tried to avoid the latter's piercing stare. She then heard a scoff before Jae moved away. "You really are a coward. You can't even defend yourself." Okay, she admits that she may have been scared. But she has had enough of the other's constant judgement. "What do you want from me? All I do is try to get better, but nothing I do is enough for you. What is it that you want?" She raised her voice in frustration. When she saw Jae looking at her with an unreadable expression, that's when she started to feel regret.

 

Silence settled in the room as both artists stared at each other and as the older one still refused to talk, making Jisoo even more uncomfortable.

 

"You aren't like them. Not even the slightest." Well that was out of nowhere. "Mwo?" Jae's eyes hardened as she stared at the girl and stepped closer. "People say you're the new 2NE1, but you're different." And a smack echoed in the quiet room. Jisoo stared at the taller woman as she lowered her hand. "The truth hurts, doesn't it?" Jae shook her head before she her heel and headed to the other side of the room. "We never thought about replacing them."

 

Jae looked over her shoulder with a bored expression. "That's simply what the netizens said, not us. We never took that label on because we know how we are not similar to 2NE1 sunbaenims." Jisoo stated with a firm tone. "You can mock and judge us, but we never, I repeat, never, took their place. So you can believe what you want, but it doesn't matter because we know what's true and what isn't." The pair held a staring contest before Jae turned around and silently walked away, leaving the girl in the room.

 

Jisoo had held her breath in when she watched the other disappear from view before she clutched her hand and broke down in tears. "Pabo... Pabo...."

 


 

This will be having a second part! Don't worry. The request was actually fluff and Jealous Jisoo, so I thought, why not put how things started? Anyway, I hope this is alright.

 

YoonJin, out!