Some Time

You and Me

 

It was a bright and sunny day. You were out on a date with your girlfriend, Taeyeon. You were glad that you were both finally given a break from your works and were able to hang out like before. Your hands were entwined together while walking in the park and Taeyeon rested her head against your shoulder. "This is nice. I wish everyday could be like this." She suddenly mumbled while you hummed in response.

 

"Hey Taengoo, do you want ice cream?" You ask when you see an ice cream van. Hearing the treat, the baby faced girl looks at you with a smile and sparkling eyes. "Let's go!" She grinned before you brought her to the van.

 

After paying, Taeyeon was happily eating the delicious treat when you suddenly felt dizzy. You grab your head with one hand and close your eyes. 'What the...'

 

"_____. Are you okay?" You look up and find your lover looking at you with worried eyes. "Are you sick?" She asked before placing a hand on your forehead. You show a smile and peck her lips before shaking your head. "I'm okay baby. Don't worry." And with that, she smiled as she nodded before entwining her fingers with yours before you both continued to walk.

 

That was odd. Why did you suddenly feel dizzy and tired? You shrugged it off and thought that it was probably from working.

 

When the evening came, you took Taeyeon to dinner before bringing her home and bidding her goodnight.

 

As soon as you got home, your stomach suddenly felt a bit uneasy so you rushed to the bathroom. Just as you got there though, you quickly hunched over the toilet and threw up. You rinse your mouth and look at yourself in the mirror while panting. You were paler than usual and you felt sick. But the odd thing was, this never happened before.

 

With a sigh, you decide to visit the doctor tomorrow.


 

 

"Hey buddy. What are you doing here?" A blonde male stood up as soon as you entered his office.

 

"Kris... I think something's wrong with me." You mumbled while hugging yourself. You were cold when you woke up and everything was just spinning. You asked Yuri to drive you to the hospital since you were scared that you might get into an accident.

 

Of course, she asked why you wanted to come here at first before explaining that you wanted to visit your cousin, which was partially true.

 

"What problem? Are you pregnant?" He gasped and you slap his arm, making him laugh. "I know. I'm just kidding." He chuckled and let you sit down. "So, what's the problem?"

 

You took in a deep breath before telling him everything since yesterday. When he asked you about your headache, it only occurred to you that it's been at least a week since it started hurting.

 

The questions became a bit more disturbing and Kris's expression was making you uneasy. Everything was suddenly making your stomach churn before he let out a deep sigh while looking at what he had written. "I'm gonna have to get you scanned." He stated after a while of silence.

 

It took a few hours before your cousin finally came back. His face showed ko emotion at all, but you noticed that he was not looking at you. "Kris? Kris, what's wrong? Is something happening to me?" Your lower lip quivered slightly as you waited for the male to speak.

 

He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply while shaking his head. "This can't be..." He muttered. "What? What can't be? Kris, tell me!" Your fear started to grow and he walked over to you.

 

"Kris?"

 

"I'm sorry _____ but... I'm afraid you have a tumor growing in your head." Your eyes widen in disbelief as you stared at him. "W-What?" He looked at you with sad eyes. "Chances of an operation succeeding is 30 to 70..." You were rooted in place and you felt something roll down your cheek.

 

"I-I.... How?" He then wrapped his arms around you. "I-I can still live... right?" You didn't want to ask, but you just found it hard to believe. "I don't know." He whispered.

 

And just like that, your tears started to flow freely from your eyes. His arms around you tightened and let you cry as much as you wanted.

 

What about Taeyeon....

 

It's been at least a week since you found out about the tumor. You also decided to at least try the surgery so right now, you were excused from work and Kris let you stay at his house to watch over you better. He had a room prepared for you and equipment as well.

 

Taeyeon kept texting and calling you, but you would either ignore it or say that you're busy. Just hearing the disappointment and sadness in her voice just felt like something was stabbing you repeatedly.

 

One day, you were out with Jessica, your sister, Yuri's girlfriend. Jessica treated you like a sister and you were also close friends with her sister, Krystal. Yuri was busy that time so Jessica offered to accompany you. "_____-ah. Let me carry those." Jessica said while tugging on your arm.

 

"I'm okay Jessica. I can carry it." You reassured her with a smile. "It's not that heavy. Come on, please?" She whined and pouted. But you just shook your head and laughed. "I already said no. I can't have a pretty girl carrying so much stuff." You joked while she pinched your cheek. "Aish. Fine."

 

But unaware to you, someone had seem everything from behind you. "_____?"

 

Your ears perked up and you quickly spun around. Your eyes widen and your breath got stuck in your throat. "Tae-"

 

Plak!

 

Jessica gasped when the shorter girl's hand connected with your cheek, shocking the both you. "So this is why you've been busy? You're working?" You could see the hurt in her eyes. "But all this time, you were seeing another girl behind my back!" She was fighting her tears back. "Wait. Taeyeon, it's not-"

 

"Shut up! We're over! I don't want to see you ever again!" And with that, Taeyeon ran away because she couldn't hold back anymore as tears started falling down her face.

 

"Are you okay?" Jessica quickly cupped your face and frowned when she saw your red cheek and tears rolling down your cheeks.

 

"D-Dae. C-Can we go back? I... Don't feel like doing anything anymore." You mumbled. Jessica nodded in understanding before she guided you back to Kris's place. She called Yuri and explained to her what happened.

 

The tanned girl sighed and promised to arrive as soon as she finished with her work. When Jessica went back to your room, she felt her heart break when she saw you crying silently in your pillow.

 

When Yuri finally arrived, she took you in her arms and comforted you. She knew Taeyeon well and she knew how much she meant to you. She understood that it was painful for you to lose her.

 

The first thing you even worried about after finding out about your tumor was Taeyeon. She made you a better person and Yuri was thankful you two met.

 

"Don't tell her. Please. This is for the best." Yuri and Jessica were both surprised when you spoke that night and looked at you. "Why not? She should know that it was a misunderstanding and that you're sick." Yuri frowned while running her fingers through your hair. But you shook your head.

 

"I don't want her to know." You answered. "But _____, what if the surgery does work?" Jessica asked while she held your hands. "Then I'll do what I can to get her back. Just please, for now, don't." You pleaded them.

 

Both girls just sighed and agreed.

 

A few more weeks later, Kris was already preparing you for your operation. Yuri, Jessica and Krystal, along with Amber, were standing outside and waiting for you to finish.

 

"Hey Taeyeon? Where's _____? I haven't seen that dork for a while." Sunny, one of Taeyeon's friends asked. Hearing the name, the older girl scowled. "How should I know?" Sunny was surprised by the tone of her friend. "Woah. Did you two fight or something?" She asked confusedly.

 

"We broke up."

 

It took a few minutes before the statement processed in the other girl's mind before her eyes widened in surprise. "What?! Since when? Why?!" Taeyeon just sighed and shook her head. "We just did, okay? Can we not talk about it?"

 

"But Tae, tomorrow's supposed to be your 1 year anniversary." Another voice came. It was another blonde, Kim Hyoyeon. "I don't care. We're over." Taeyeon stated irritably while she crossed her arms.

 

"So, that's it? You don't really care what _____'s doing at all?" Hyoyeon asked. "I don't care. _____ can have fun with that girl for all I care." Taeyeon hissed.

 

"What girl?" The two asked. "I saw them together. I kept texting and calling _____, but I was always ignored. Then I saw them." She explained with her fists clenched. "Bu-"

 

"Taeyeon!" They then saw a girl running toward them. They didn't know who it was at first, but recognized the voice. "Oh. Tiffany, what's up?"

 

The girl named Tiffany was panting heavily as she tried to catch her breath. "_____... Hospital..."

 

She felt her heart stop at this, but kept a straight face. "So what?" Tiffany looked up, bewildered by her best friend's question. "So what? Your lover is in the hospital and is on the verge of dying! What do you mean, so what?!" The pink monster's voice boomed.

 

"Why? What happened?" Instead, the other two friends asked in worry since Taeyeon refused to budge.

 

"I don't know. Yoona just called me after Yuri texted her. She said that _____'s had a tumor in her head." Tiffany narrated everything she remembered in the text.

 

"Since when?" Sunny asked with wide eyes. "She didn't say. She just said that _____'s surgery was today. As in, right now. But there's a low chance of her surviving." Tiffany answered.

 

"Where?" Hyoyeon asked. "Seoul National Hospital. They brought her to room XXX." They nodded and already planned to head there. "Wait! Taeyeon!"

 

But the girl was already running to her car. She ignored her friends and quickly drove off once her engine was brought to life.

 

'Aish.... Pabo, pabo, pabo! Is that why? Were you planning this all along?!' Without even realizing it, Taeyeon was already crying. She arrived at the hospital and told the nurse where she was headed before rushing to your room.

 

When she arrived, she saw a few people she didn't know. The only person. She knew was Yuri and the girl she saw with you before.

 

"Yuri." Everyone looked up and Yuri stared at Taeyeon in surprise. "W-Why are you here?"

 

"Who is she?" She ignored Yuri's question as she asked and pointed at Jessica.

 

"I'm Jessica Jung, her girlfriend." Jessica answered while watching the girl's tears continuously fall from her face.

 

"Yuri... _____.... Where's _____?" Taeyeon whimpered as she approached the taller girl.

 

But all she received was a shake of the head. "I don't know. They aren't done yet." The tanned woman answered before Taeyeon sunk to her knees and held her head.

 

Yuri gently let go of her girlfriend and let her go to her sister before she walked over to the crying girl. "It's okay. _____'s strong. Everything will be fine." She reassured the girl.

 

After a while, the other three arrived just as Kris came out. "What happened Kris? Is _____ alright?" Yuri quickly asked her cousin as she saw him.

 

He showed her a tired look before nodding. "You can come inside." He told them. They all held their breaths and walked in, afraid of what they might see.

 

"Why are you all here?" A soft voice greeted their ears. Tears started falling from everyone's faces as they saw you looking up at them. Your head was wrapped in bandage with some blood, but it was okay. You were alive.

 

They made way for Yuri and Taeyeon to approach you before you smiled weakly at your sister. "You had me worried there buddy." Yuri smiled though tears. "Mianhe." You whispered.

 

Then your eyes met with Taeyeon's red ones. A small frown came to your lips as you looked at her. "Tae-" you were quickly cut off with a pair of lips pressed against your own.

 

"You pabo! Don't ever do that to me again!"