Right There

You and Me

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, _____ imnida." You bowed in front of your seniors as soon as you entered the room. "Girls, you know how to behave. She's new, so take care of her." Your manager told them and they smiled while nodding. "Nae, oppa!" And as soon as the man left them, the nine girls were quick to surround you and asked you various questions.

 

"Omo! You're so cute! Do you want to be with unnie?" Mina squealed while pinching your cheeks. "Yah! Don't do that. You'll hurt her!" Jihyo spanked the girl's hands away, earning a pout. "But she's so cute! Don't tell me you don't want to." Chaeyoung raised a brow while Momo laughed loudly at the face Jihyo made. "Guys! Oppa said to behave. Look, you're scaring her." Nayeon sighed as she shook her head, but you only showed them a light smile.

 

"I'm alright, unnies." Dahyun then glomped on you and hugged you tightly. "I have a dongsaeng!" She cheered while you laughed slightly. "Get off." Sana frowned while grabbing the other's arm and Tzuyu giggled at her unnies' antics. "What? Are you jealous?" Dahyun smirked evilly, making the older woman roll her eyes and pinch her arm, earning a yelp. "No, you're being annoying."

 

Months after

 

You and Sana have gotten closer through the following months. Sure, you were close to all of them, but Sana was your best friend. She helped you out and protected you whenever she felt that something was wrong. There was even a time she forbade her members from approaching you when you got sick. She stayed at your dorm and stayed over until you were better.

 

But the same could be said for you. Despite being younger, you looked out for Sana, even when you would both argue or fight about nonsense things. But by the end of the day, you'd both make up and be friends again.

 

"Unnie, just calm down. I'm pretty sure that you won't have to worry about him. I mean, who wouldn't want you? You're Minatozaki Sana." You sighed for the umpteenth time while rubbing the older woman's back. She had been in this state as soon as you arrived. She called you about her crush showing her mixed signals and ended up bursting her feelings out to him. "I can't _____... I just can't. After what happened earlier, I ran away." She sobbed on your shoulder.

 

"Okay. Enough." You pulled away from her and looked at her face. "Unnie, stop crying. You're better than this." You told her while gently wiping her tears away. "If he doesn't like you, don't force it. You can always do better, find someone who will love you for you." Sana stares at your face, hiccupping as she carefully held your hands. "A-Are you sure?" You showed her an encouraging smile before kissing her forehead. "I promise."

 

Finally, the older woman relaxed before finally smiling. She grabbed you in another embrace and buried her face to your neck. "Thank you so much _____-ah." You smiled and rubbed her head before returning the hug. "Love you, ____." You chuckled and nuzzled her back. "Love you too, unnie."

 


 

 

"Aish, why are you so reckless..." You muttered under your breath while Sana kept her head down. "It wasn't my fault." She replied quietly. "Jinja? If you hadn't provoked them, this wouldn't have happened." You told her. "I didn't tell you to fight with him." She raised her head and stared at you. "He was disrespecting you and I saw what he was about to do." You retorted. "He wouldn't do that. Stop assuming." She shot back angrily. "I was protecting you."

 

"I never asked for you to protect me! I'm old enough to take care of myself!"

 

A silence hung in the room and the few members that were in the room looked at the two of you while you stared blankly at the girl. "Fine then." You grabbed your things and headed out the door. "_____, wait. We still need to treat your wound." Tzuyu called out worriedly, but you simply shook your head and left, leaving Sana to glare at the door before she went to her room.

 

"Come on, it's been two months. We can't just keep up with this." Nayeon sighed when they were all gathered in the living room. "What are you talking about?" Sana asked uninterested. "You know what we're talking about, unnie." Dahyun mumbled quietly. "You shouldn't have pushed her away." Chaeyoung leaned back on her seat. "_____ was only looking out for you and you let your emotions take the best of you." Jihyo frowned and Sana's expression turned blank at the mention of your name. "I don't have time for this."

 

"Sit down." Jihyo commanded in an authoritative voice, making the latter grunt and remain in her seat. "You don't have the exact right to be mad at her." Mina said softly. "Before you came that day, we were with _____ when Taehyung talked to her." She added. "He told her to back off. At first, we didn't understand what he was talking about, but then, there was a girl that walked up to him and..." Tzuyu didn't finish her sentence and Sana shook her head. "Listen, I know that you all love having her around, but you don't need my permission. I don't care if she's around."

 

"That's not why we're talking about this." Chaeyoung interrupted. "We want you to apologize to her. We're not making this story up, it's the truth. _____ really was protecting you and even after two months of no communication, she's still been checking up on you." This caused a spark of curiosity as Sana tilted her head. "What?"

 

"She's been calling us and has been asking about your condition since that day. There were also times that she came by our dressing room and provided water and snack for you, especially." Jihyo informed as she pulled her phone out and Sana kept quiet. "If you don't do anything soon, you've lost someone worth keeping."

 

Sana bit her lip before she stood and went to her room. "Is she really not going to?"

 

A heavy sigh passed your lips while watching the scenery through your window. Currently, you were on your way to the airport since you would be heading to Japan for your concert. But you honestly didn't feel like leaving just yet. As soon as you stepped out of the van, you pulled your jacket closer just as the paparazzi came crowding around you and the flashes of cameras entered your vision.

 

Just as you were about to board the plane, a hand managed to grab your's and you were quickly pulled back. Of course, you were about to yell for help, but stopped when you were brought to a tight embrace. "Don't go..."

 

You knew that voice. It was all too familiar, one that you longed for for the past months. You pulled away slowly and saw Sana staring at you with teary eyes. ".... Unnie?" She smiled weakly but threw herself at you after a while. "I'm so sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't know." Your arms slowly went around her waist and you gave her a tight hug. "Shh... It's okay. I'm not mad at you." You whispered into her ear, not minding the people that was around you.

 

"Don't leave me again, please." She whimpered and you smiled softly. "Unnie, I have a concert to head to. If I don't go, I'll be on trouble." You told her and she pulled away, a pout present on her features. "Then I'll come with you." You laughed lightly and it was enough to make her smile. "Silly unnie. I'll see you in a month, okay?" You gently ruffled her hair and kissed her cheek, a bit closer to the edge of her lips before stepping back. "Take care and stay safe." A soft smile spread on her lips as she nodded and gave you one final hug. "I miss you so much."