This is Us

You and Me

The building was filled with silence as a lone figure stared lifelessly out the window and let out a deep and heavy sigh.

 

She was part of the Resistance along with some other people. But other than that, everything was just too much and tiring.

 

Scars and wounds were on her supposedly pale and flawless skin. Before the rebellion started, she was the perfect figure, same as her friends and allies.

 

She often wondered why things had turned out like this. Ever since that day, everything just turned upside down. She wanted to know how it all happened. She only joined because of the people she wanted to protect, but it cost too much.

 

Since the person was just deep in thought, she didn't hear the sound of footsteps approaching her. "Hey." The shorter person spoke.

 

You looked up with the same expression as always, making her sigh. "Nothing will happen if you keep doing this." She said and sat across you, leaning on the window.

 

"I know." You answered simply. "Then why are you still doing it?" Same question everyday. "I don't know." It always received the same answer.

 

She stared at you then moved closer. "You should really stop worrying..." Your arms instinctively wrapped around her waist. Being this close to this person was a usual thing. Where you both would be or when, you'd both always be there for each other.

 

"I know that, but I can't help it." You whispered as she played with your hands. "I'm the leader but you worry too much." She stated.

 

"Then maybe I should replace you." You chuckled softly, making her smile. "No thanks. I don't want anyone dying." She laughed.

 

"Yah what makes you think I can't take care of the rest?" You raised a brow at her. "Of course not." She said sarcastically, earning a pinch.

 

"Yah! What was that for?" She pouted. "You guess the answer." She looked at you and smiled when she saw the smile on your face.

 

She noticed that you've been really tensed and out of character lately since the rebellion and didn't like it when you were so down.

 

"Whatever happens, I'll make sure everyone is safe." She whispered. "And I'll make sure you're safe." You smiled and kissed her forehead.

 

"Promise me... When all of this is over, we'll be together and do things like before." She mumbled as she entwined her fingers with yours. "I promise. No matter how bad things get, I'll always look for you."

 

"I love you _____..."

 

"I love you too Tae."


 

 

"Taeyeon! We have to go back!" Hyoyeon grabbed her arm as more bombs exploded in the distance. "It's too dangerous and we have too much casualties." Yuri added.

 

"Taeyeon, we should go." Jessica sighed as she held her sister to keep her standing. "Unnie, please. We can't take anymore problems." Seohyun pleaded.

 

Taeyeon looked around and sighed before nodding. "Alright. Everyone, retreat!" The members nodded before firing their escape signal.

 

     Back in HQ

 

"What happened on the other side?" Taeyeon asked as she slammed her hands on the desk. "It was all happening too fast unnie. We couldn't even react when it happened." Irene explained. "Still! You should have been alert!" Taeyeon shouted.

 

"Tae, calm down." Tiffany looked at their leader. "Calm down? Calm down? You think I can calm down after _____'s been captured?!"

 

A silence settled in the room as they all looked down or away. During the attack, Irene and her team were ambushed along with you and some others. Since you were all caught off guard, they had the upper hand and managed to split you up from the rest.

 

"We're sorry..." Yeri mumbled. "I should have followed her instead of following her orders. I saw them leading her away." She clenched her fists but Seulgi put a hand on her shoulder.

 

"No Yeri-ah. It wasn't your fault. It was unavoidable." Sunny shook her head. "Yeah. I bet _____ knew what they were planning already. That's why she told you to stay with the rest because there might have been a chance of you dying." Sooyoung pointed out.

 

"B-But we could have avoided this!" Wendy stood up. "Yeah. This isn't something we can just brush off." Joy added.

 

"She's right." Taeyeon spoke before anyone else could. "The enemy knows about _____'s capabilities and they won't hesitate to force information out of her and use her against us." She paced a bit and bit her nail.

 

"That's not poosible. _____ would never trade us for anything. We all know that." Jessica said. "No matter what kind of torture they do, even death, she won't say anything." Victoria added as well.

 

"Then what should we do?" Amber crossed her arms. "We need to train and try to get her back." Luna muttered. "We should also be ready on what they throw at us." Krystal stated.

 

She just entered the room after getting her wound treated. Sulli and Luna were with her. "Krystal."

 

Jessica stood up and walker to her sister and checked on her. "_____ unnie is in trouble and we have to be ready for anything." She said seriously. "And by that, I mean anything. Even if we have to kill, especially her." She stared at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon looked at Krystal and bit her lip as she clenched her fists. "We won't kill her." She answered steadily. "You can't tell unnie. They might do something and think we're her enemies." Sulli pointed out since they all know what the enemy was capable of due to what happened before.

 

"But we aren't sure. Taeyon unnie, we need to take a risk here." Yoona told her. "Yeah. We can't just barge in there and take her either. It's suicide." Wendy muttered.

 

"We will rescue her. I'm sure of that." Taeyeon said clearly and seriously.

 

"Dismissed."

 

As soon as everyone left the room and she was alone, she slumped on the chair and let her tears fall down. "Pabo.... Why..." She sobbed into her hands.

 

     A few weeks later

 

"We have a package..." Seohyun placed the box on the table after thoroughly inspecting it. "What's inside?" Tiffany asked.

 

"A DVD." Krystal mumbled as they opened it. "Where did you get this?" Taeyeon asked and held the disk up. "Outside. I was on shift then saw it." Seohyun explained. "There's no bug in it though."

 

They put the DVD in the computer. Everyone's eyes widen as the screen cleared and an image appeared.

 

"U-Unnie?!" Yeri and Joy screamed in shock.

 

You were laying on a bed, covered in wounds and torn clothes. "Oh, my god..." Jessica covered while Tiffany hugged herself.

 

"Get up." They heard a male voice. But you weren't listening. Just then, a female appeared and walked to you. She grabbed your hair and forced you up. "We said get up, brat."

 

"That ...." Yuri growled and clenched her fists while Sooyoung glared at the female on screen.

 

"I swear I'm going to kill CL." Sunny muttered as she watched said female throw you to the floor. "What? Can't fight anymore?" This time, another male walked in and gave a harsh kick to your stomach.

 

"The ! I'm going to kill them once I see them." Yoona yelled while Seohyun did her best to calm her down despite feeling unnerved by the scenes she was seeing.

 

"Unnie..." Irene looked at Taeyeon.

 

Their leader was in shock as she watched the whole thing with her hands formed into tight fists and her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

 

"Hey. You all enjoying the show?" Taeyang suddenly appeared on the screen with a wide smirk. They then proceeded to pour alcohol all over your battered body, making you hiss in pain.

 

"Man. This kid's such a pain in the . She just won't quit." Dara sighed while shaking her head then Seungri picked you up by the collar. "No kidding. But we'll be done soon enough." Bom shrugged. "Have fun guys!" TOP waves at the camera. "Minzy, turn it off."

 

And it went blank.

 

The room was quiet and everyone cast a worried glance at the leader, who, had been quiet all this time. "Tae-"

 

"Get off your asses and start training! Two months and I want everyone ready. This ends as soon as we're done." She growled and slammed the door on her way out.


 

 

"Y-You..." Taeyeon stared in disbelief at what was in front of them. "Like out new recruit?" CL gave a wicked grin.

 

"She's managed to kill without fail so far but alas, info had to be forgotten." Dara rested an elbow on your shoulder.

 

"_____... unnie?" Krystal mumbled your name while you stared motionlessly at all of them. "She doesn't really talk much to people she isn't close to, right?" GD chuckled.

 

"Shut up! What did you do?!" Jessica barked. "We just did a few polishing here and there. Nothing much." Seungri shrugged. "Noona, why don't you show them." He looked at you and a knife suddenly went past Krystal's head.

 

"You s!" Taeyeon glared at them. "I'll make you pay for what you did to her." She growled. "Oh right. You were her, the girl that had a thing for her. You were pretty close huh?" TOP mocked.

 

"Well too bad." Bom said. "What are you saying?" Yuri asked as her eyes narrowed.

 

"She's mine and... I don't share." CL stated simply as she traced your jaw. "W-What?" She just laughed and wrapped her arms around your neck. "Want proof?"

 

Taeyeon's body froze as she watched Chaerin pull you close and kissed you right in front of her. What was worse was, you didn't even stop her.

 

Her hands shook but she tried to compose herself. She took in a deep breath then flinched when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

 

"Taeyeon, you have to calm down." She saw her friends all looking at her. "We can do this. Once we beat them, everything will be fine again." Tiffany told her. "But what about _____?"

 

She saw the looks on their faces and shook her head. "No. I'm not killing her." She felt her eyes starting to sting with tears.

 

"We don't have a choice Taeyeon." Jessica tried to reason. "No. We just.... They can reverse this whole thing. We beat them, then they have to give her back." She shakily said.

 

"Taeyeon, we're running out of time. We have to." She stared at them and a single tear fell down her face. "We're sorry..."

 

She shook her head and wiped her tear away before turning back to you. Your eyes were blank, not the ones she knew. She took in a deep breath. "Let's do this." She whispered.

 

"So you're ready to play?" The other side asked them. "We're going to end this, here and now! We will beat you." Taeyeon stated, looking determined as she held her gun tightly. "And we'll do absolutely anything to get rid of all of you." She said while pointing her weapon at them.

 

GD smirked at her and walked to the front. "You think you can beat us?" He mocked. "Yeah. And are you sure it's to end all this?" Taeyang started. "Or to take _____ back?" CL ended.

 

"Like I said, we came here to end things. We're better than we were before. Now, we're sure on beating you."

 

A silence filled the air. Taeyeon's eyes locked with yours and she inhaled deeply. 'I'll get you back. Don't worry.'


 

 

The place was filled with blood and dead bodies, but no, none are from the Resistance. They only managed some damage but that was it.

 

"We did it... We finally won." Yuri smiled and looked at the rest who were rejoicing. "This is amazing!" Jessica cried. "We finally did!" They all shouted.

 

Taeyeon kept quiet the whole time and carefully walked over to one of the bodies. Not all of them were dead, but certainly not able to move.

 

She then kneeled down and looked at the person's face. "You did well... I didn't think we'd reach this far..." CL smiled slightly and coughed. "Shut up... Just get in there and... turn it off." She nodded and stood up.

 

"And also... Once you find a lab in there... Turn off all the switches." Taeyeon stared at her in confusion. "Just do it." She sighed and did as she was told before they made their way inside.

 

Taeyeon held the necklace around her neck tightly in her hand as she glanced at your lifeless form.


 

A year after all the chaos ended, everything went back to normal. The girls all went back to their normal lives and they were brighter than ever. They still kept in contact with those who went away.

 

All of them were friends. While Taeyeon was often distracted by her thoughts, her friends just understood after all that happened. You were also their friend but with Taeyeon, it was different.

 

They all knew the relationship you both had before and during the whole thing and it wasn't that easy to forget everything. They knew that.

 

Taeyeon walked to the park everyday because in a park, it held many memories of you two. She sat on a bench and inhaled deeply as the warm breeze caressed her face.

 

"If only you were here..." She whispered and closed her eyes with a hand holding the necklace she wore.

 

Just then, she felt a shadow looming over her. She then slowly opened her eyes then felt a pair of arms wrap around her.

 

"Hey. Have you been waiting long?" Her breath got stuck in as she heard the faint whisper before her head turned and saw a smiling face.

 

Her eyes widen and her heart hammers in her chest. "Hey Taeyeon."

 

That voice, those eyes, that smile. It couldn't be. "_-_____?" A smile was present on your face as she held your cheek.

 

You held her hand and leaned into it. "Yes?" Tears started dripping from her eyes before she stood up and threw herself at you.

 

"Hey. Stop crying." You rub her head as she sobs against your chest. "Pabo! You pabo, pabo, pabo! I thought you were gone. I can't believe you!" She hit your chest with her tiny hands.

 

You sighed and let her, she was holding this in for a year now. You wrap your arms around her and kiss her head.

 

She soon stops hitting you and keeps her face on your chest. "I hate you so much..." She mumbled.

 

"You left for a year and let me believe you were dead. You even let CL kiss you!" She exclaimed while jabbing her finger to your chest.

 

"Hey. That wasn't me. I mean it was me but not me. Ah! You know what I mean." You defended.

 

Taeyeon just chuckled then you wiped her tears. "Well, now that everything's settled again...." You gently took the necklace off her and took the ring from the chain.

 

You kneeled down in front of her. Her heart beats faster and she feels butterflies in her stomach as she watches you.

 

"Kim Taeyeon.... Will you marry me?"

 

She nods and a teary smile makes its way to her face. "Yes. I will!" You slipped the ring on her finger and stand up before hugging her tightly.

 

She pulls away after a while and kisses you deeply, to which, you answered instantly.

 

Cheers suddenly erupted behind you both and you had to pull away before looking at the source of the sound.

 

"You guys?" Taeyeon stared at her friends. "Congrats!" They smiled and engulfed both of you in a group hug.

 

"This is amazing. Now we're all together again!" Tiffany hugged the two of you tightly. "Yeah! You guys are gonna be fine." Yuri gave a thumbs up.

 

Taeyeon then turns to you. "How did you find me though?" She asks the question that's been bugging her.

 

You just showed a smile and held her hand. "Like I said before, I'll look for you.... no matter what happens."