Sorry

You and Me

 

You are Jung-Hwang _____, the little sister of Tiffany Hwang. You are also the wife of Blanc&Eclair's CEO, Jessica Jung. The two of you met when Jessica was heading to a meeting six years ago. But that really wasn't the best way to meet, considering that Jessica was being followed by fans and paparazzi and you had just come back to Korea. The two of you bumped into each other when you were going to meet your unnie in a cafe near the park. You remember that day clearly, when a fan had accidentally pushed you, which caused you to fall into the arms of the said ice princess.

 

You would still grow embarrassed when recalling that faithful event, and so did Jessica. But you were both fond of it. After that encounter, Tiffany introduced you to her group of friends where all of them were present. That was your second encounter, and Tiffany sure as hell went overprotective after finding out what happened. But Jessica gave pursuit and continually asked for Tiffany's permission to date you a couple months after your meeting. You were, at first, confused about the matter, and thought that your unnie and Jessica were dating since you always saw the two of them really close, but that wasn't it. Because when you saw Tiffany kissing Yuri, you thought she was cheating on Jessica.

 

But, eventually, things were cleared up and somehow, Jessica managed to win your heart without you even realizing it. Of course, you rejected her time and again, but when she was on the verge of losing hope, Tiffany managed to pull a few strings that brought her confidence back. The two of you have been in a relationship within a year, few months after that, Jessica broke it off when she said that she had met someone new. But that didn't last long until she found the guy cheating on her. She regretted everything, confused her feelings and was then afraid to approach you and your unnie.

 

But Tiffany told Jessica about your state and she was quick to arrive at your room and cradled your weak and crying figure. She took care of you and never left your side unless completely necessary, but requested for Tiffany to stay with you, sometimes even Yuri, until you were in a better state. After those turn of events, you found yourself in Jessica's arms once more, but at that time, she had claimed your lips and changed your name.

 

Being married to a popular and well known CEO wasn't that easy, but Jessica was always there when you needed her, especially when you got pregnant with Taeyeon. She never once left your side and would treat you with utmost care as if you would break if treated badly or left alone. Tiffany once made fun of her best friend when Jessica kept buying things for you despite your protests.

 

Taeyeon is now 4 years old and things seemed fine. Well, except for Jessica since she's been nothing but busy for the past months. "Mommy! Mommy!" Little Taeyeon came running when she heard the door open and your wife came in. You were just behind Taeyeon and a small frown came to your lips when you saw your wife busy on the phone. "Not now, honey. Mommy is talking." Jessica lightly told your daughter while patting her head then pecked your cheek before she went straight to your shared room. You saw the frown on you daughter's face and sighed softly. "Baby, come to umma." You crouched down and Taeyeon was quick to run in your arms and snuggled up to you. "Umma, is mommy angry at TaeTae?" The innocent question made your heart hurt and you shook your head before kissing her forehead. "Aniyo. You know that umma and mommy both love you." Taeyeon nodded and nuzzled your neck while you carried her to her room, which was across yours.

 

"Get some sleep, arraseo? Umma promises to take you out tomorrow." Taeyeon beamed a dorky smile and nodded her head while clapping her hands. "Yay!" You smiled while watching your adorable little girl then kissed her forehead before laying her down and tucking her in. "Goodnight baby. Sweet dreams." Taeyeon pouted and raised her hands slightly, confusing you a bit and lean closer. Taeyeon gently held your face with her tiny hands and pecked your lips, making you smile and nuzzle her nose. "I love you, umma." Taeyeon closed her eyes as you ran your fingers through her hair. "I love you too, baby." After being sure that your daughter was asleep, you quietly left the room and went to your own, only to find your wife in bed but still working on her laptop.

 

"Jess, you should really take a break from work." You mumbled softy after taking a seat next to her. "Hmm?" That was her simple reply and you let out a sigh. "Jessica, look at me." You place your hand over hers and that causes her to lose concentration and look at you. "Baby, I need you to take a break. You've been having less time with us, Taeyeon especially. She even asked me if you're mad at her." You lightly told your wife, making a frown appear on her face as she placed the laptop aside then held your hand. "Mianhe. I didn't mean to, but I've just been so busy with work and things are piling up." Jessica explained in a soft voice as she caressed your cheek. "I'm not mad at her. I never am. I'm sorry that it looks like I've been avoiding her." You lightly shake your head. "It's not me you should be telling that, Jess. Taeyeon really misses you." You told her as she nods. "Arraseo. I'll take her out as an apology." You let out a small sigh again and Jessica frowns. "I promise to take her out this time."

 

Jessica cupped your face and gently kissed you on the lips. You reciprocate the action and wrap your arms around her neck. "I love you." She murmurs once you both pull away and lay down. "I love you too." You whisper against Jessica's lips before closing your eyes. Jessica shut her laptop and decided to sleep for the night as she held you in her arms and went to sleep.

 


 

 "Yah! Taeyeon, what do you think you're doing?!" Jessica quickly took the papers away from her daughter and looked over the ruined designs. "I-I wanted to draw for m-mommy." Taeyeon stuttered without meeting Jessica's eyes. "This paper is for my work! Now, look what you've done!" Jessica snatched the paper away and shook her head. "Go outside and don't come in here unless I tell you, arraseo?" Taeyeon nodded and kept her eyes down as her tears built up in her eyes. "Now, out!" Taeyeon quickly ran out of the room and Jessica heaved a heavy sigh as she sat down and rubbed her temples. She looked over at the ruined design and shook her head once more at the drawing of her daughter.

 

It consisted of a house and three people. Each person had an arrow and names on them. There was _____, the TaeTae. And then one figure that had a space between the two. 'Mommy' Jessica just crumpled up the paper and threw it in the trash bin before she dialed her assistant's number. "I need a copy for the design. My daughter drew on the one that I have." 

 

 

You were busy cooking downstairs when suddenly, you hear your daughter's voice and hurried footsteps heading to your direction. "Baby, umma's almos-" you weren't able to finish your sentence as your daughter wrapped her arms around your leg and cried. This caused you to react instantly and pick her up. "Omo! Baby, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" You asked in a soft voice while trying to soothe your daughter. Luckily, you were done cooking, so you turned the stove off and focused on your daughter as you took a seat.

 

"TaeTae ma-made mommy a-angry." Taeyeon hiccupped while wiping her eyes. "Wae? What did you do?" You asked. "I w-wanted to draw f-for mommy, but I r-ruined mommy's work." That's when she started crying again. "Mommy doesn't love Taeyeon anymore!" You were surprised and shocked to hear your daughter's outbursts and carried her, cradling her in your arms as you brought her to her room. "Shh.... Mommy loves you, baby." You whispered sweet words to try and calm her down. It hurt to see your daughter like this. And it hurt more to know that it was because of your wife.

 

"Get ready and dress up. We're going out today, so no crying, arra?" Hearing your words, Taeyeon looked at you with big innocent and blinking eyes. "Wae umma?" A giggle came from your lips as you look at your cute baby before kissing her forehead. "It's a surprise. Now go." You ushered your daughter to the bathroom before picking her clothes out for her and then went to your bedroom.

 

There, you find your wife, busy typing on the laptop. "Jess." No answer. "Sica." Still no reply. "Yah! Jessica Jung!" That snapped her out of her trance and looked up in surprise. "What? Huh?" Jessica's eyes fell on you before she sighed. "Oh. It's you. What do you want?" That felt a bit painful to hear coming from your own wife as she went back to focus on her work. "Yeah, it's me. Your supposed wife." You cross your arms. "You know, you didn't have to shout at Taeyeon." You mutter and walk to the closet. "It wasn't my fault. She ruined my work." Jessica answered curtly.

 

"Still. Your daughter's been missing you for how long already, and when she's trying to get your attenrion, you yell at her? On her birthday, even!" Jessica sighed heavily and rubbed her face. "_____, not now. I'm trying to work and it was only right. Taeyeon needs to grow up and she shouldn't have messed with my things." You stared disbelievingly at Jessica and raise a brow. "So you're blaming her? I can't believe you right now... All you do is work, work and work. What about your family, huh? Even Soojung is worried about you!" Jessica turned to give you a glare, but you don't budge. "How can you even say something like that? Can't you be there for Taeyeon even once? Even just her birthday?"

 

"I need to do this. Having this job has been my dream, _____. If you can't appreciate it, then just go." Your eyes widen in surprise and a scoff came from you. "Then what about this? All of this? You didn't dream of this family?" You were about to say more, but the door opened and you see your daughter rushing in with a hugs smile on her face. "Umma! Mommy! Look!" Taeyeon wore a white dress with a few flower design along with a knit cardigan and black doll shoes. You have yet to fix her hair, but you figured it was better than to talk with your wife.

 

"Not now, Taeyeon. I'm busy." Jessica didn't even look as she focused on her laptop screen. That was it. You were so tired of this. This wasn't the Jessica that you grew to love and married. So, you took your daughter and then left the room, being sure to slam the door on your way out. "Let's go baby. We'll go to your favorite aunty." That made Taeyeon's frown disappear as she clapped. "Aunty Fany!"

 

You smiled at the joy upon Taeyeon's face and proceeded to leave her room. But before you left, you turned your head to her "Take your clothes and put them in your bag, baby. We'll have a sleep over at your favorite Aunty's place for your birthday...." You told her, making Taeyeon nod quickly. With that, you got that covered and went to your bedroom with Jessica still working on her laptop.

 

You scoffed at the sight and ignored your busy wife to your closet. With so much strength from anger toward the other body in this room, you violently opened the closet doors and saw from the corner of your eye that Jessica's busy fingers twitched. You smirked inwardly.

 

Grabbing your biggest bag, you shoved everything you own into it, making much noise to annoy the busy woman. Once you put in your shoes into your baggage, you finally decided to exit the room. Your presence went unseen by Jessica and you already knew it in the back of your mind. Just to irritate you and satisify your revenage on Jessica for making Taeyeon cry, you slammed your bedroom door. Hard.

 

You went down the stairs to see little Taeyeon with her little custom peapod backpack and hugging her little pea pod in her tiny arms.

 

"Baby, umma is here." You said to your daughter, who looked up and grinned. "Umma!" She ran to you and hugged your leg, still gripping onto her favorite pea pod. 

 

"Are you ready to go, baby...?" You leaned down to allow Taeyeon to hug your neck.

 

"Is...mommy coming with us?" Taeyeon asked innocently, but you frowned as you rememebred your anger toward her.

 

"Mommy is too busy, baby. She doesn't have time to come along..." You said, making Taeyeon look down.

 

"Does mommy hate me so much to where she doesn't want to come with us...?" Taeyeon was blaming herself for Jessica's absence. You stared at her while your frown was growing more deep as you watch your poor daughter putting the fault upon her when it was fully Jessica's stupid self.

 

"She doesn't, baby~" You cooed, assuring the worry bundle in your arms, "Mommy is just occupied with her work. She'll come around..." You said but you knew better than that. With Jessica being this busy and not caring for her family, she probably won't care for like ever.

 

Taeyeon seemed hesitant but you gave her multiple kisses on her cute face. "Trust Umma, arraseo?" You looked into her eyes and she nodded, letting go of your neck to stand and ruffle her hair slightly.

 

You smiled at Taeyeon and walked over to the kitchen to see the cooked food, sitting in the pan. You frown at it.

 

"Stupid Jess. She probably won't eat it because of how busy she is." You took the pan and slid the food into the garbage.

 

'I am just doing her a good favor. Saving her more time to do her important work after all...' You thought to youself. You threw the pan in the sink, not caring about the loud noise that was made. You walked to the table where you already set up the plates for the food. 

 

Your heart clenched at the sadness that filled you when your wife—whom you thought would never change—does change for the worst. You chuckled sadly and you found yourself staring at the ring on your left ring finger.

 

The ring that contains the vow that you and Jessica made at your wedding. She'll always be there for you and never hurt you. You laughed to yourself. What a lie this vow came to be.

 

There was no point in keeping this ring when the vow just became nothing but a lie. So you slid it off your finger and set it on the table.

 

Then, you noticed the left over tissue on the table and a lone sharpe beside it. How convenient.

 

You took the sharpe and wrote a message for Jessica if she does care to look for the both of you which is probably unlikely to happen. Your confidence in Jessica decreased to nothing.

 

"Umma..." A hand tugged onto your pants and you looked down to see Taeyeon hugging her pea pod with a fist full of your pants in her other hand.

 

"Yes, baby?"

 

"Do we go to Aunty Fany now?" She asked, making you drop your sharpe. You bended down to lift the tiny girl in your arms and kissed her temple.

 

"We shall go, baby. To Aunty~" You chirped, walking to the front entrance. You grabbed your keys and slipped your shoes before leaving this empty house. You glanced back with a little hope that Jessica would be worrying like before.

 

Sadly, your hope was shut down with the empty space behind you.

 

With that, you just left without anything to hold you back.

 

You left that place you once called home.

 


 

Weeks have gone by since you left Jessica and went to live with your unnie. Taeyeon didn't really question it much since she didn't really know what your actual intentions were. She only believed that both of you were sleeping over at her Aunty Fany's house.

 

As painful as it was, you never received a text or call from Jessica. You've totally given up on her and just decided to live a life without her. This was the second time things turned out wrong for the two of you. You didn't want another mistake to happen. Especially with her.

 

"Umma, when are we going home?" Taeyeon asked as the two of you sat on the sofa. Currently, Tiffany was in the kitchen with Yuri. The two of them had also gotten married a couple years back. They took care of your daughter really well when you weren't able to, and you were thankful.

 

"Hey, _____." Your unnie's voice soon reaches your ears, making you look up, glad that she came just in time. You didn't think that you could answer your daughter's question.

 

"What do you think abou moving back to Cali?" The question caught you off guard a bit and turn to her fully as Taeyeon cuddled on your lap. "Why so sudden?" You ask curiously and Yuri shows a smile.

 

"Well, me and your unnie have been talking a lot and we thought, why not? Plus, you and this kiddo here might need the change." The tanned woman explained as she walked up to you and lightly ruffled Taeyeon's hair, earning a giggle.

 

"I suppose. But my job?" Tiffany showed am eyesmile, making you a bit suspicious. "I already talked to your boss." That surprised you. "Mwo?! Yah! You already planned things out before I said anything. So, I'm going with you either way?" Your unnie went to your side and hugged you, nuzzling your neck. "Come on baby~ I know you can't say no to your beloved unnie~" Tiffany cooed with her aegyo, making you cringe and crinkle your nose as Taeyeon laughed before Tiffany kissed her head.

 

"Come on, _____. You need to stop worrying about Jessica finding you. We know that you don't want to risk it." Yuri told you while frowning slightly. "We know that you never wanted this. Heck, we're even surprised that she did all that. You and Taeyeon don't deserve what you experienced, so.. Let's have a change."

 

You let out a sigh and lean back, allowing your sister to hug you as you played with your daughter's hair. "When do we leave?" Both your sister and Yuri showed a light smile and explained everything.

 


 

 Here's another request! Don't worry, there will be part 2, so you'll find out the ending.

Also, my buddy also wrote half, I think? But anyway, I'm always thankful to you~ Noona loves you! 😆

YoonJin, out!