So Close, Yet So Far

You and Me

There will be slight language here and also some violence, so please be warned.


 

 

"Hey, Fany! Over here!" Taeyeon called from across the quad and the redhead looked over before making her way to her group of friends. "Have you seen ____ yet?" Jessica asked excitedly but Tiffany shook her head. "Wae? Did something happen?" Taeyeon quickly pulled her phone out before showing the picture she took earlier when the said female wasn't looking. "What is... Oh, my god. Is that a tattoo?" Tiffany asked bewildered and her friends nodded. "Not only that, but she also has a bruise on her cheek. You just can't see because of Taeyeon's poor camera skills." Yuri grinned, making the shorter girl glare. "It wasn't my fault. She was in a hurry."

 

Tiffany frowned at this before she looked around. "Why does she have a bruise?" Yoona cut in this time. "Well, we don't really know, but rumours said that she got in a fight." Tiffany's eyes widened at this before she handed the phone back. "What?!" But before they could go further with their conversation, a group of people walked through the gates of the school just as Tiffany's eyes landed on a certain brunette. "Park _____! Come out here!" The leader of the group yelled and Tiffany silently watched as the girl nonchalantly made her way to the gates. Various people were looking from afar, some even taking videos of what was happening, but all Tiffany wanted to do was pull the girl away from the group.

 

"What do you want, Kyungsoo?" _____ asked plainly while the male gave her a smug grin. "You know what I want, ." But the female is unmoved as she continued to stare at the male's face. "You know, the answer doesn't change. And what happened yesterday, I suggest you keep your mouth shut before I do something way worse." She deadpanned. "You think you can scare me?" Kyungsoo sneered while grabbing the collar of her shirt.

 

"Who are those guys?" Taeyeon whispered. "What do they want with ____?" Jessica mumbled as they tried to get a better view. Tiffany bit her lip and had a million thoughts going through her head. She was growing scared as she watched the two speak and even flinched when she saw Kyungsoo grab _____'s shirt..

 

_____ looked at the male's hand then back at his face before speaking. "Let go of me, lowlife." That made the male glare and tighten his hold. "What did you call me?" But _____ was unfazed by him as she continued to stare at his face. "So you're deaf, too?" Kyungsoo growled before shoving her away then looked to his lackies. "Get her." There was 6 of them in total, including Kyungsoo, but he stayed back and watched as one of his followers charged at _____ before swinging his arm at her. But she stepped back and grabbed his wrist then flipped him over. Another one followed, carrying a bat, but _____ ducked just as he swung at her then kicked his stomach.

 

But with her back facing the others, two of them grabbed her arms from behind and one more walked in front of her before throwing his fist to her stomach. "Not so tough anymore, huh?" Kyungsoo smirked as he looked at _____, hitting her cheek after his uninjured member punched _____'s stomach. But she twisted her arms before hitting one of her captor's face when she threw her head back before punching the other once her right hand was freed. After a quick spin, her foot connected with Kyungsoo's stomach just as she stood, wiping the blood that was on her lip.

 

"You ." The male growled before he went to hit the brunette, but before his fist could come in contact with its target, another hand grabbed it before it was twisted, making Kyungsoo flinch and quickly react. "Whoah there. What makes you think I'll let you come in her and mess up my partner's face?" The owner of the hand questioned while tightening the grip on Kyungsoo's fist. The female turned to the side and blinked slightly before staring at her friend. "Kris, what took you so long?" She asked plainly as the blonde boy grinned. "The prof was being a hothead."

 

They then focused back on the struggling male. "Now, where were we?" Kris raised a brow. "Let my hand go." He ordered through gritted teeth. "What makes you think I'm scared of you?" He laughed before shoving the raven haired male. "You're not getting away with this." He gestured to the five before they ganged up on the pair. "So, you're not scared? Maybe you want a cut on that face of yours instead of a bruise?"

 

Hearing that, Tiffany gasped and was about to run over, but Yuri and Yoona held her back. "Don't. Do you see what's happening?" The tanned girl whispered. "But _____ is-" Taeyeon shook her head. "I'm agreeing with them on this. She can handle herself." Tiffany bit her lip and looked back to the fight. She wasn't at all bothered by the group, but the fact that this was the same people that hurt _____. Her _____.

 

As soon as Tiffany looked back at the fight, she blinked several times when she saw the girl's foot collide with Kyungsoo's chest as soon as he landed on the ground. Kris was handling the other five by leaving them out the gates. The female was relax as she stared down at the male before she bent down slightly. "Get lost. I won't repeat my words. So if I find out you so much as uttered a single thing about yesterday, kiss your goodbye." She then stepped back and lightly kicked his leg. "Go." And with that, the group retreated, leaving the pair bruised, though ______ still had a bleeding lip.

 

Tiffany then felt relieved to see that everything was settled, but she couldn't contain her worry when she saw the state the other was in. Though, something else grew in her when she saw Kris approach the latter.

 

"Hey _____, I got something to tell you." Yoona looked at Tiffany when she felt the sudden tight grip on her arm when they saw Kris wiped the blood from _____'s face. "What is he doing...." Tiffany whispered and Jessica placed a hand on her shoulder. "Tiff, breathe."

 

"Look, I know that we've been friends for so long, but I'm not going to make a big speech. I'm going to say it straight out." Kris took her hands in his and looked deep in her eyes. "I like you, and will you go out with me, as my girlfriend?" The people suddenly went quiet, others were flabbergasted while some had their mouths open. But in a certain group, a redhead had broken free from her friends and walked away, leaving with her head down.

 

Tiffany knew about Kris and _____ being best of friends, and she wouldn't be suspicious if one of them was attracted to the other. But she just wished it would never happen. Especially with her predicament.

 

Hurriedly, the rest of Tiffany's friends followed, worried when they saw what she had witnessed right in front of all of them. But as they walked past the pair, _____ glanced in their direction before she faced Kris. "What are you doing?" She asked the male as he rubbed his neck. "Kris, you're my best friend. Yes, I love you, but not like that." The boy smiled and gave a light shrug. "Well, at least I tried." He chuckled while the girl raised a brow. "I know you like her. I can see it in the way you look at her whenever she's around." He said in a quiet voice so no one could hear them. "Come on."

 


 

 

"I can't believe I actually let myself think I had a chance." Tiffany cried to her pillow while Taeyeon gently patted her back. "Fany-ah, come on. Stop crying." Jessica had to sigh as she watched her best friend cry her eyes out. This girl really was head over heels. "She isn't just a crush..." Yoona whispered but caught the attention of both the ice princess and black pearl. "What do you mean?" The Jung asked curiously as Yoona pointed to the mess on the bed. "We've seen Fany unnie have boyfriends and crushes, but she's never been... this affected by any of them." The youngest of them pointed out. "I actually thought of the same thing. Fany's really got the hots for this girl."

 

"Yah! Can you three stop gossiping and help me?" Taeyeon hissed at them accompanied with a glare. "You can handle her." Jessica replied lazily with a wave of her hand. "Get your asses here before I kick you out of the room." Taeyeon grunted and the three groaned before taking their spots on the bed, sitting around the girl. "Tiff, you have to chill. You don't even know if she agreed to be his girlfriend." Jessica stated while crossing her arms. "But there's a hundred percent chance that she did." Tiffany answered back without lifting her head. "You're being too dramatic." Yuri nodded.

 

Tiffany then sat up while wiping her face then looked at the four. "I know that Kris is _____'s best friend and vice versa. There is without a doubt that she accepted him." The four groaned at the stubborn girl and Taeyeon grabbed her phone. "What are you doing?" Jessica asked. "Just wait. I'm trying to talk to someone." The older girl replied. "And that would be?" Yuri raised a brow. "Just shush."

 

When the next day came, Tiffany walked in through the gates, still a bit bummed out after yesterday's events. And at that time, someone had bumped into her from behind, causing her to stumble and drop her things. "Can you be careful?" She spoke irritably. "Mianhe." The voice made her turn her head and saw who the culprit was. "Are you hurt?" It was _____. She had picked up Tiffany's fallen items as she squatted in front of the redhead. Tiffany felt warmth creep on her face as she watched the girl before her. "I-I'm fine." She stuttered then felt her heart skip a beat when she saw a small smile appear on the brunette's face while handing her things. She saw the bruises on the female's face and bit her lip when she saw _____'s busted lip. Her hand twitched to reach out and just caress her thumb over it, but she held back and gripped her things tighter. "A-Ah, s-sorry for snapping at you. I have to go." Before the latter could reply, Tiffany sped off, leaving _____ blinking at the retreating figure.

 

Later afternoon, Tiffany and her group of friends were about to head out for lunch, but when a voice met their ears, Tiffany couldn't resist and insisted to follow the source of the sound until they were all watching two people in the corridor. "I really like you. It was either when I saw you with those kids at the park or when you helped that guy from his bullies, I'm not sure. But right now, I know what I'm sure of."

 

'I thought she rejected him?'

 

"I've fallen for you, and it might be weird for you, but that's my most honest feelings. I love you." There was a few seconds of silence and Tiffany felt tears build up in her eyes so she turned and ran away as she felt her heart crushed in her chest. Three of her friends followed, but Yuri stayed behind since she was a bit frustrated and a bit pissed since this girl did make one of her best friends cry, also she wanted to see what would happen. "You're too stiff." The statement caused the tanned beauty to blink and grow confused. "What? I was not." _____ grunted. "You want to look like a fool in front of her?" Kris raised a brow and crossed his arms. 'Her?'

 

"You have to be sincere when you talk to her or else she really won't listen to you." The male stated while the brunette glared at him. "This is the third time we rehearsed. I'm getting the feeling that you just like making fun of me." _____ quipped but Kris shrugged. "Exactly. This is the third and you still can't do it." He heaved a sigh and shook his head. "Look, I have never once been in a relationship since the last one and it took me years to get over her. This is Tiffany we're talking about, everyone's dream girl and I'm sure as hell anyone would fuking mock me for asking her out and being rejected by her." Kris gave her an are-you-serious look before walking away. "You're stupid. Let's go."

 

And with that, Yuri made her exit as quiet and careful as possible. She went to look for her group, only to find them crowded around Tiffany's locker "Fany! I need to tell you something!" All of them looked up and Tiffany sniffled while wiping her face. "It's about ____!" As soon as the words escaped , she was knocked on the head. "Can you not? We're trying to avoid that topic." Jessica hissed angrily.

 

"Wae? What happened?" Tiffany asked worriedly despite her broken heart. She still wanted to know how the girl was. Also. when she remembered Kyungsoo and his gang, it made her worry more. "Ani. She's perfectly fine, I think. But I need to tell you something." Yuri said, basically bouncing on the balls of her feet as they started to head out. "What is it?" And Yuri started to narrate everything she saw after they ran off and she stayed behind. "You're a creep now?" Yoona crinkled her nose and Yuri smacked her. "I wanted to know, okay?" All this time though, Tiffany was quiet as she listened before heaving a deep sigh. "Yuri, I appreciate that you're trying to cheer me up, but if you're joking, stop it. I'm over her, alright?" Yuri frowned and quickly shook her head. "But I'm not joking this time!" She whined. "That's what you get, prankster." Taeyeon muttered while shaking her head.

 

"I need to go to the ladies. Yoong, come with me." Jessica took Yoona's arm and went off, leaving the three alone. "Sometimes I'm not sure when Jessica baby's Yoona or when she acts like the baby." Yuri shook her head and stopped walking when she felt a hand on her wrist. "What?" But Tiffany's focus was on the exit, as well as the person leaning against the door. "Why is she here? Wasn't she farther away when we left?" Taeyeon asked curiously. "I honestly have no idea." Tiffany mumbled worriedly as she started to panic, but Yuri just grinned. "Looks like I'm going to have something to brag about."

 

Tiffany felt her heart jump to when her eyes were soon met with _____'s as she walked closer, hoping to walk out without having the urge to turn toward the brunette.  The taller girl pushed against the door and straightened herself as soon as they were close before facing the redhead as she called her name. "I was hoping to talk to you. Would that be alright?" _____ tilted her head a bit and Tiffany bit her cheek to prevent herself from squealing. "O-Okay."

 

"Hey guys. What are you standing around for?" Jessica suddenly came up, making the still dazed girl jump a bit. Taeyeon and Yuri quickly turned to the new comers. They signaled them to be quiet and Yoona saw _____ standing in front of them. "Omo. Did we interrupt something?" _____ just showed a light smile and shook her head. "It's alright." She then turned to Tiffany. "I guess it'll have to wait. But, if possible, meet me here." She handed a small paper and showed Tiffany another smile before walking away; leaving the campus.

 

Tiffany's eyes never left the disappearing figure but the rest of the girls were trying to see the note that _____ had given. "Yah! Open it! Where does she want to meet and why?" Jessica complained and Taeyeon smacked her head. "It didn't have to resort to that, pabo. You just barged in and ruined the moment." But Tiffany ignored all of them and read the letter as she started to walk out of the campus.

 

~Later at night~

 

"Are you sure this is going to work? It's late and she isn't here yet." The brunette paced slightly while Kris simply sighed. "You're going to freak out and leave?" The female frowned as she turned to her best friend. "I don't run away." She answered. "But you're planning on doing it." Kris shrugged. "You're letting your nerves get the better of you. And this has never once happened." He added while _____ clenched her fists. "It's almost 12. I thought you wrote the time in the letter?" Hearing this, _____ shoved her hands in her pockets and looked away. "I did..." Kris shook his head and walked to the other before placing a hand on her shoulder. "You tried."

 

And soon, _____ was left in the park, alone. The only light there was from the moon and the ones she had set up in case Tiffany did show. But minutes after Kris left, she started taking them down and packed up, getting ready to head home. "Are you sure this is the place?" Hearing a voice, the girl looked around and tried to distinguish the sound. "Yeah. Plus, it's already midnight. I doubt she'd be here." Raising a brow, _____ walked toward the direction of the voices before stopping under the same tree she was waiting at earlier. "Just go. I'll see you guys tomorrow." And the footsteps started to grow faint as well as the brunette's hope, so she turned back around and started to finish packing.

 

"_____?" Just then, a hand landed on her shoulder and said girl looked at it before her eyes trailed on the owner's arm then her eyes were locked by bright, yet shy orbs. "You came..." Tiffany smiled timidly and lowered her hand just as _____ turned to face her directly. "I'm sorry I took so long. I.... Had to make sure my parents were asleep." Hearing this made the taller of the two smile before shaking her head. "That's alright. At least you're here." Hearing that made the redhead's heart jump as she crossed her arms and rubbed her arm. "Well, um... Why exactly.... Did you ask to meet me here?"

 

The statement made _____ rub her head as she looked to the now clean tree. She sighed softly and shook her head before she walked over to the box, though it was out of Tiffany's line of sight, it made her confused, but it didn't stop the pounding of her heart. "Tiffany..." The change of tone in the taller girl's voice made the the redhead stop moving altogether as she watched the latter come closer.

 

"I'm not going to hurt you, okay?" Tiffany just nodded and there she sees that one of _____'s hands is behind her back. "I can't promise that I'm perfect, nor can I promise to solve all your problems and troubles, but I promise that I won't let you face any of them alone." Quickly, Tiffany showed a confused expression and _____ had to shake her head and carefully pulled out a single white rose. "What I mean is.... I've fallen for you, Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. I don't know when, I don't know how, but I'm sincere with my feelings. I can't solve every problem you'll face, or promise to be with you all the time, but I promise, I will protect you from any sort of harm. I won't let anyone or anything hurt you."

 

Tiffany wasn't sure how to react. She was wishing so badly that this wasn't simply a dream, that this was all true. Her heart had started making summersaults in her chest and she could feel tears coming from her eyes. She stared at _____'s face before her eyes went to the white rose and her hands enveloped the taller one's along with the stem of the rose. "Tiffany, will you be my girlfriend?"

 

And all it took was one step for Tiffany to wrap her arms around _____'s neck as she sobbed on her shoulder, mumbling a few choice of words. But a smile made its way to ____'s lips as the words reached her ears as clear as day. "You have no idea how much I've waited for you."


 

Annyeong! It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, I hope this can make up for the lost time? I'm also working on the next chapter of Just A Game so expect an update. I was able to work today since we have no classes. Also, my sister helped me here. I wasn't sure how to make this at first, but she helped me sort it out haha. Anyway, drop a comment and tell me what you think.

 

YoonJin, out.