You don't listen to me.

Unexpected

"I think i'm hurt," Jaejoong said. It was still pitch black. I couldn't see him but i knew he was right in front of me. I raised my hands and put it on his head then his shoulders, his arms, chest, stomach and knees. It may seem like i was molesting him, but i wasnt.

"Where?" I asked, worried i was. My hands moved to his ankles and he groaned. "You sprained your ankle?"

"Yeah..." I huffed a relief. I thought that he was bleeding or something. I rubbed his swollen ankle as he breathed out, "Thank you."

"Y'welcome. I'm your personal assistant, arent i?" I reminded him, as he laughed out once. Suddenly, the lights came on. I was still rubbing his ankle and when i turned to look at him, i saw his eyes on me. As if he was dreaming. "Jaejoong ah..?" I called.

He immediately snapped out of it and replied, "Ah, mianhae. Help me backstage?"

"Neh. Come on," I answered as i stood up and grabbed his hand. OH, HIS HAND! I'm holding Jaejoong's hand. I could faint... The fans were all quiet for a moment.

He put his right hand over my shoulder and i settled my left hand around his waist to balance him. Slowly, we walked off stage. As we reached backstage, i put him on the chair and saw him make a face as he tried to move his leg. "It really hurts?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied. I walked over to him and continued to rub his ankle. It hurts my heart to see him hurt. I grimaced whenever he groaned in pain. "Ah, ah, ah!!" He yelled when i applied pressure.

"Endure it for awhile, okay? It'll get better soon."

 

[Jaejoong's POV]

I looked at her, rubbing my ankle. I felt bad to let her rub it. I mean, it's my leg. And she's a fan. She shouldn't be doing this kinda thing for me. I started to take her hand away.

"Stop. It feels better already," I told her. With my hands on hers, i felt my heart beat faster than usual.  

"No. It's not better yet. If you don't rub it now, it'll get worse and you won't ever be able to dance again."

"You're a fan. I'm supposed to be entertaining you. Not let you rub my feet," I said.

"I'm your maid. It's only right that i do it for you."

"Just st-"

"No. How about this? Gimme a bonus for this month's salary." She was trying to make me feel better. I felt my heart turn warm. Why? Is it because she's a fan? I'm getting close contact to a fan, whose bias is myself. It really felt good.

"Okay..." I whispered. She smiled and continued rubbing my ankle. I looked at her. I felt a smile creep over my face. She focused on rubbing, turning and twisting my ankle. I liked that my own personal Cassie cared so much. Her long, straight, brown hair fell across her face. She pursed and suddenly, she looked up at me. I shot my gaze away but turned back as she asked, "Jaejoong ah, does it still hurt? My hand is aching a little..." She giggled a little, awkwardly.

I smiled at her awkward laugh and took her hands once again. I massaged it for her and said, "Gomawo, Nikki ah."

 

[Nikki's POV]

Jaejoong took my hand and massaged it. His fingers applied pressure around my palm and i felt a tingle over my hand. I gulped and looked at his long fingers over my hand.

Just then, the room door opened and Yoochun and Junsu oppa came in. I pulled my hand from Jaejoong's and swallowed hard. "Jaejoong hyung, we need to go back up stage and sing a last song for the fans," Junsu said.

Jaejoong immediately tried to stand, as i pushed him down. "No," I said.

"Why?" All three of them asked at the same time.

"Jaejoong is hurt. He can't dance."

"But we need him," Yoochun oppa said.

"No. He can't perform," I stood firm.

"Nikki, i can perform." Jaejoong spoke up.

"No. You'd hurt your ankle again."

"We really need him to perform, Nikki ah," Junsu added.

"Are you gonna listen to me, or not?" I turned to Jaejoong and demanded. I didnt know why i was so bent on him not performing. I just didnt wanna see him hurt again.

"I really need to perform, Nikki," Jaejoong pleaded. He tugged on my hand and held it.

"So you're not gonna listen to me?"

"I'm gonna be okay, i promise," Jaejoong said, as he looked into my eyes.

"We won't let him be hurt," Yoochun oppa said.

"Yeah, we'll take care of him," Junsu oppa added.

"Fine. Go. Whatever." I blinked at them and stalked out the room.

 

[Junsu's POV]

Nikki walked out of the room and slammed the door. It's the first time i saw her like that. So furious.

 

[Yoochun's POV]

Woah. She just walked out the room. And slammed the door hard. And loud too. I actually fliched at the sound. "So...Let's go?" I asked the guys.

 

[Jaejoong's POV]

Nikki's angry. She's mad at us. At me. I think. We were so close just ten minutes ago. I sighed when Yoochun asked us to go. I nodded and got up from the chair with their help.

 

[Nikki's POV]

I stood in the first row with the fans and saw Jaejoong limping on the stage. As they danced to 'Empty', Jaejoong's face grimaced at every move. My heart ached. But it ached even more that he didn't listen to me. I walked backstage, but only to be stopped by a security guard. I showed my pass and got in. I went in their room and started to clean up the makeup. After minutes passed, the door opened and in came the trio. Jaejoong had his arms around Junsu and Yoochun. They held his waist. He sat on the chair and the three looked at me.

"See? I'm okay," Jaejoong said, while trying to smile. I pressed my lips into a thin line and turned away. I continued clearing and suddenly, someone held my shoulders.

"Nikki ah..." Yoochun called. "Mianhae. We really needed Jaejoong hyung to perform just now. It was important."

"Whatever," I shrugged his hands off. Junsu walked over and held my wrist.

"Nikki ah. Sorry! We're really sorry.." Junsu oppa said. I pulled my wrist free and turned to all of them.

"You guys don't have to say sorry. It's not my business. I'm only your MAID. Not anyone important. So whatever you wanna do, just go ahead. Don't apologise." I knew i was being cold to them. But it really hurt me to see Jaejoong get hurt, and it hurt even more that they didnt bother to listen to me.

Jaejoong sighed and continued, "Nikki. You're not just a maid. You're our fan. Our Cassie. My Cassie.." He said, but whispered the last two words, though loud enough for me to hear.

"I'm just a maid. I'll never forget my status. So you guys shouldn't as well." I walked out the room once again.