Press Conference

Unexpected

"Miss Oh Ji Hae, will you please follow me?" A man asked. I was at the press conference's venue, waiting for the time of the conference to start.

"Sure," i answered and followed him into a resting area.

"Miss, please wait here while we settle the reporters down," he informed.

"Ah, excuse me, but are there many reporters out there?" Meekly, i asked.

"Yes, Miss," he answered politely and left.

I waited in the room and started to straightened my outfit. It was a formal occasion, so i put on a dress. A black dress, to be exact. I texted Jaejoong and prayed so hard that my decision wouldn't shock everybody.

 

To: Jaejoongie <3

Jae. I'll call you in a few. Don't call me.

 

Did that message seem cold? Maybe it was because i was feeling all cold right now. I thought about my decision hard.

I knew it was bad of me. Especially adding up the fact that my parents ARE my birth parents. I shouldn't be doing this to them. But then, i wanted them to know what it was like to be abandoned.

I couldn't stand the fact that i was GIVEN away.

After about an hour of waiting, that man suddenly came in and announced, "Miss? You may enter the press conference now."

I nodded and walked out slowly. My heart beating hard with every step i took.

Finally, i reached the room. I opened the door and camera lights started flashing. Questions popped out from everywhere as i went upstage. I took my seat and spoke into the mic in front of me.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please be rest assured that i will answer every single question within one hour of this press conference. But first, listen to what i have to say. This may be shocking to some, or not at all. But i'm very sure that you'll want to knwo the reason afterwards," I said.

They all settled down and kept quiet.

So i took a deep breath and started, "As you all are aware, i am Oh Seung Yong's long-lost biological daughter, Oh Ji Hae. Though that is my birth name, i've always gone by 'Nikki', short for Nicolette. Now, i'm holding this conference because everyone has been curious about the fact that my father is the richest man in Korea, and that his business will be passed on to someone, which is my future husband. But, i believe i have a choice to make. To either take on his business until i'm married, or to leave everything behind. Well..."

I breathed in hard and said, "My choice; to take on his business until i'm married."