Chapter 6

The Keystone (My Eyes, Your Heart, One Love)-(DISCONTINUED)

Tiffany: Hey, Krystal, it's Saturday tomorrow! Wanna hang out? 

Krystal: Ok, I don't really have anything to do besides studying for finals.

Tiffany: Well, I won't take up much of your time. Let's just get some lunch maybe? You're really tiny. :)

Krystal: Sure. When?

TIffany: Around 10-ish? That sound good?

Krystal: yeah, fine.

Tiffany: Meet me at the bakery, we'll find a good place to eat around there. Ok?

Krystal: ok

Tiffany: Everything going ok?

Krystal: yeah

Tiffany: Alright. If you need anything or if anything happens just let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Krystal: thanks, see you tomorrow.

Tiffany: Goodnight, Krystal!! :D

 

*Krystal POV*

I breathed in the cold morning air, and shouldered my backpack to make it more comfortable on me. I had somehow gotten through the whole week without having to see my sister much. I made sure to leave early and come back and as safely late as I could. Gosh, but it sure gets dark at around 8:30PM. I spent my time studying at the library or helping Luna with her project so I wouldn't have time to give Jessica an excuse to get mad at me. I knew she absolutely despised me presence so I tried my best to keep away.

My phone rang and I picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey, Soojung, it's me!" Tiffany said cheerily. "I'm driving right now. Are you almost there?"

"Uh...yeah, I guess." I quickly began to walk to the bakery we were supposed to meet at.

"Ok, great! See you there!"

The line clicked and I continued my way in the cold air. 

One week down and another to go until Dad comes back to get me. I was ready to go home anyday. I was sure Jessica would be glad for that day to arrive. HOwever, dad had never replied to my text that I sent a long time ago. Where did he go? I had forgotten to ask where his business trip would be taking him.

By the time I got to the bakery, the sun was already peeking from the clouds, and casting its warm light upon the earth. Tiffany was already there and she waved at me with a bright smile on her face. "Hey, Krystal!"

I waved back at her, and she walked toward me. "You hungry?"

"Kind of," I said.

"Great! I'll take you to a great place!" she said cheerfully. "You'll love it. One of my friends works there and I think you might like her."

"Oh...uh thanks," I said awkwardly.

She ruffled my hair. "Don't be so shy around me, Krystal! It's ok! I'm not gonna bite your head off." She smiled. "I want to be your friend too, Krystal."

"M-my friend?" I echoed with surprise. "But you're unnie's friend! I-I mean  Jessica's!"

"So?" Tiffany replied. "She's been kinda grumpy and snappy lately. Anyway, let's go before the crowd gets there."

I followed her, trailing just behind by a bit. We got into her car and she headed down in the direction my real home used to be before dad left. I saw a sign that there was a unit for sale. It didn't say which, but there were fliers and a sign.

 

"Hey, Fany!" someone called as soon as we walked into the cafe.

"Hey, Amber!" Tiffany waved at a person who was delivering food. "This is KRystal!"

I met Amber's eyes, and we both just stared at each other for a long time. Amber was the first to break it, "Oh yeah! We know each other already!"

"Oh really?" Tiffany looked from me back to Amber.

"Y-yeah,"I stammered. "From school."

Amber nodded. "Yup! She's really smart! She's been helping her friend with a physics project! Isn't that nice of her?" She beamed at me and shot me a toothy grin.

Tiffany smiled wide. "Well, well, we have a little smarty pants here,huh?" She gave me a mishcievous look. "I didn't know that."

"Believe me, she'll probably be the valedictorian next year," Amber said. "You won't believe what kinds of classes she's taking!"

Tiffany laughed. "That's great! Anyway, we're kind of hungry."

"Of course!" Amber called one of her friends to get us seated. "It's on me today! Eat well!"

Tiffany grinned at me. "Do you want me to pick again like last time?"

I looked down at the menu. It was not as expensive as that one dinner the first time I got here. I nodded. "Sure."

"We can share again if you want."

"Ok."

 

When we finished, Tiffany paid Amber the tip. We said goodbye and I followed Tiffany as we walked down a path in a park. 

"It's a nice day, isn't it?" she asked me.

"Yeah," I replied. Not really, The clouds were covering the sun again, but it was kind of warm today. There weren't a lot of people this late morning so we had the liberty of having the path to ourselves save for the few people jogging past.

We came upon a bench at the end of the trail, and she beckoned for me to sit down with her. I did, but with a little space in between us just in case she decided to invade my personal space. It's not that I didn't like her, but I was still a little uncomfortable around her. Who knows what kind of stuff my sister might have told her about me? Or why were we here? And why did she ask me to join her for a late breakfast/early lunch?

"I guess you're wondering why I asked you to join me today, huh?" she asked. She didn't even give me a chance to answer before she in a breath. "There's something you need to understand."

I waited for her to continue, but she suddenly turned to me. "Krystal, you might not believe me, but I know that what you're going through right now is tough. Jessica's told me many things, and...she's a very sensitive person."

"Sensitive?" I dared to ask.

Tiffany nodded. "Yeah, she's actually a very nice person, Krystal. Believe me, I've known her since she came to California. We went to the same boarding school, and then Yuri came along later. But yeah. Anyway, I've heard a lot about you and your family from her somewhat."

"It was probably bad stuff, huh?" I asked.

"Um, mostly," Tiffany confirmed uncomfortably. "But what I really mean to say is that something happened that made her really upset." She paused. "And I think that she doesn't really hate you, but she's just really scared."

I shot her a look of confusion. "Scared? Are you sure?"

"Well, what did you think?" Tiffany asked me.

I shifted uncomfortably. "W-well...I don't know. She just seemed really cold and tough."

She smiled a bit. "It's all a facade, Krystal."

"But...but why?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I'm sorry that I brought it up now, but I am trying to assure you right now that your sister does not hate you."

"Um...ok," I said.

She pat my head. "Just give her some time. She'll realize herself later on what she's been missing." She put an arm around my shoulders. "C'mere, you." She scooted close to me and sighed. "Krystal, you're really something. you know that?"

"huh?"

"I'm surprised that you didn't turn the way your sister dad after all that happened to you," she said as if it were answering my question. "You're so calm and quiet, and sweet. I don't know why your sister can't look away from the past and see you instead."

"Wait, what?" I got out of her one arm hug. "What are you talking about?"

She stopped. "I guess, what I mean to say is that right now your sister is stuck. She can't give up what happened all those years ago, and when she looks at you, that's all she remembers. Nothing is your fault, Krystal. I can guarantee that. The problem is your sister. She doesn't know how to let go."

I blinked. 

"So, you have nothing to worry about," Tiffany said as if were the answer to all the question marks in my head.

The one I wanted to know in particular besides my sister's attitude towards me was Yuri.

"Wait...is Yuri...does Yuri know too?" I asked. OF course she does, stupid! I cursed at myself inwardly.

"Yeah, we all do," Tiffany said. "In case you hadn't figured out--but I'm sure you did-- they're dating."

I felt my something drop inside me. They were dating? Since when? I felt an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach when I thought about it. 

"ANyway, yeah, she knows too, but she's not really helping much. She keeps on egging your sister on and letting her live like this," Tiffany continued. "God, they're both nutheads!" She checked her watch. "Look, I gotta go, Krystal. It was nice hanging around with you. We should do this more often. Where are you headed to?"

"Library," I said . "I have finals."

She smiled and pat my cheek gently. "You're a good girl, Krystal."

 

I ended up being unable to study. I was troubled by Tiffany's words. I was also confused. It seemed that everyone except me knew what had happened. Eventually, I gave up trying to study, and decided to head out for a snack or something. Saturday night on the streets could get pretty packed so I wanted to get there before the crowd and head home

While I walked home, my mind started to cloud with questions and thoughts. Well, first it was questions, but then I got around to thinking about my sister. She was scared? But what is she scared of now? ANd if it wasn't me, then what was it that she was frightened about?

I remembered the night we went to that dinner. She was really pretty. I didn't even know how to describe it.

I nearly tripped, and I scolded myself for thinking about my sister.

When I got home, it was about early evening, and my sister wasn't home. I knew she had work at some coffee shop, but I wasn't sure how long she was supposed to be working. I thought they were about 3-4 hour shifts.

I put down my stuff behind the sofa, and I suddenly felt the most excrutiating pain pounding in my head. I almost fell to the ground. I felt for the pill bottle in my backpack and crashed into the kitchen. I got a cup and took the pill right away. I gasped and leaned over the kitchen sink. I coughed and put the cup into the sink. I washed it fast and put it back so that my sister wouldn't think I was messing around with her stuff.

Good thing she wasn't home. If she saw me taking these pills she might think I was a drug addict or something. If she and Yuri thought I was a annoying kid, what else did they make up about me that wasn't true?

Maybe I should turn in early. This headache was probably the worst of all the ones I had.

 

(Hours later...2AM)

Someone was banging loudly on the door. I woke up immediately. Gosh, what time is it? I checked my phone. 

2AM? No way! Who'd be here this late at night?

I put on a jacket and crept to the door and peeked into the peekhole. Yuri was there with my sister, who didn't seem to be ok. I opened the door right away.

"W-what happened?" I looked at them wide eyed with shock.

My sister was barely conscious and was mostly leaning on Yuri for support. Her eyes were half-lidded and she wobbled dangerously on her feet.

"Uh, can you move?" YUri asked gruffly. "We kinda need to get in."

I moved out of the way quickly. What was going on?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

*Narrator's POV* ( few hours earlier)

Jessica was sitting on the curb outside the bar with her phone in her hands. She was so drunk, she didn't even know she was looking at the screen upside down. She was scrolling through her contacts, but couldn't get anything to work. Eventually, she finally gave up and threw her phone on the grass beneath her.

"Soojung," she whimpered. "Soojung...I'm sorry. I'm sorry...Soojung." She gripped her head in her hands and hid her face in her knees. "I'm so stupid...Fany, you were right. I'm weak...weaker than a baby..." She looked at her hands and curled the right hand to look at her nails. "You hurt her, you idiot," she continued to mumble. "You're a monster...you don't deserve any of this."

Jessica hugged her knees to her chest and cried into her arms. She scraped her nails down her arm until she felt satisfying pain, and liquid seep out. "It's what you get, you imbecile," she growled to herself. "You...I hurt her so bad...I want her..."

Her mind was all foggy from the alchohol. She saw Krystal staring at her, with blood dripping down her face.

"Forgive me, Soojung...please...don't leave me...don't leave me like mother did," she cried softly to herself.

She heard her phone go off. Yuri was calling. 

Jessica managed to answer it.

"Sica? Sica? YOu haven't answered any of my messages," Yuri said.

"I"m sorry," Jessica replied. She actually didn't know it was Yuri calling. Her mind was muddled with the alchohol and Krystal. 

She really thought she was talking to Krystal.

"It's fine, but..."

"You have every right to hate me," Jessica slurred.

"Wait, what? No! Of course not! it was just a message to let you know I got the scholarship and I'm back!" Yuri exclaimed. "Sica is everything alright?"

"I'm terrible. I'm a terrible person. How could I do this to you?" Jessica continued talking.

"Sica, are you drunk? Where are you? I'm coming to get you!"

Jessica laughed bitterly. "I'm a fool...a fool for thinking that pretending to hate you would make me feel better!" She laughed again.

"Sica! Stop! Just tell me where you are!" Yuri asked frantically. "Stop talking like this! We can work this out togeth--" she stopped when she heard Jessica sobbing.

"Soojung," Jessica cried. "I need you..."

The line crackled for a moment. "Sica, this is YURI speaking," Yuri said harshly. "Where are you?"

Jessica kind of sobered up a bit, but she really didn't. "Oh! Hahah! Silly me! Oh, Yulbaby, Don't listen to me...I"m so stupid aren't I?"

Yuri grumbled on the other side. "Sica, stop this nonsense now. Where are you? I'm  in my car."

But Jessica kept ranting and laughing and crying and it was really pissing Yuri off...especially the fact that she heard Jessica say that she needed Soojung.

 

Yuri finally got Jessica to tell her where she was, and she found her passed out on the street. "You idiot," Yuri grumbled. "You shouldn't drink like this." She pushed the limp body into the seats behind her. She picked up Jessica's phone and tried to open it, but there was a lock code. "Dammit!"  she cursed. She hoped Krystal was awake.

Jessica was passed out, but she kept muttering apologies and things, and Krystal's korean name.

-------------------------------------

(back to present)

Yuri had put Jessica onto her bed. She took off Jessica's sneakers and left the room. She saw Krystal sitting on the sofa and looking down at the ground. She set down the shoes and cleared loudly. 

"You little tweep!" Yuri snarled. "You have done too much damage to her Sica than she already has!"

Krystal looked up at her in fear. "W-what...?"

"Make sure you stay away from her, if you know what's good for you!" Yuri hissed. "Your sister already has a lot on her shoulders so you better leave when you "lease" is up--oh wait! That's next week!" She bared her teeth at the younger girl. "So you better make sure you get out and stay out!"

Yuri stomped out the door and shut the door closed.

What was that about? Krystal wondered. And what happened to my sister?

Krystal decided to check on her. Was she sick? She opened the door silently and the light. Yuri had dumped her onto the bed.

"Wow, that's nice of her," Krystal muttered.

Jessica's face was flushed, and she smelled of alchohol.

"Omo! You went and drank?" Krystal said to no one in particular. The girl was reeking alchohol.

Krystal recalled that her father one time came home and dropped down wasted. She had to take care of him and get him in a postion on the sofa in case he woke up and vomited. She also remembered taht when he woke up he had a hangover, and he asked her for water. He had told her then that one should always drink water after drinking/during, and that it comes in handy in case you wake up with dry mouth. Water, or anything that contained electrolytes--as long as it rehydrates you. But I had no idea what else to do besides that. I'm sure there's something more because hangovers can get pretty bad.

But Jessica's clothes looked dirty and rumpled, and Krystal figured she should be comfortable. Krystal searched her sister's drawers for a comfy loose fitting shirt. "Please don't freak out in the morning, unnie," she muttered. "I'm only doing this to help you."

She finally found a giant black tee with a logo on it. 

She gulped. "Here goes nothing."

Krystal got onto the bed with her sister, and started to her sister's shirt. Jessica moaneed and squirmed a bit after the fourth button had been undone. "Please keep still," Krystal said between clenched teeth. "And don't wake up."

"Soojung..." Jessica moaned as if begging.

Krystal stopped right away. But her sister's eyes were still closed. She continued ing the rest quickly and tried to pull the sleeves off her arms. Her arms were so soft.

Don't get distracted! Krystal scolded herself when she noted that her sister had tight abs. This is customer service! LIke at a hospital!

Krystal finally got the shirt off. She tossed it into the clothes basket for her sister, and she unfolded the black t-shirt. She sighed and started to put it onto her sister. She got her sister's head through the neck and was about to put her arms into the sleeves, but she heard her sister cry aloud. "You moron!"

Krystal flinched thinking her sister was awake and about to rat out on her for this.

"You're terrible," her sister muttered shakily. "You can't just leave her like this..." 

When Jessica quieted down again, Krystal quickly put her sister's arms through the sleeves. She sighed with relief, and was about to slip off the bed, when she felt arms around her waist pull her down.

"Y-yah!" Krystal yelped and coughed as she was drowned in alchohol scent. "Waht the---"

The bed creaked when Jessica hovered over her, arms on either side of her head. Jessica's eyes were wide open and streaming tears that fell onto Krystal's cheeks. The older girl took in a shaky breath. "Soojung...I'm sorry..."

Krystal wiped her drenched cheeks. What was going on?

She flinched when Jessica cupped her right cheek gently, and rubbed her skin softly with a thumb. "...so much blood...let me heal it for you..."

Krystal was lost in a daze of shock. She didn't realize Jessica's lips were caressing her cheek, and that her sister was literally on top of her.

"Unnie! What the heck!" Krystal cried. "You're drunk right now! Please let me go!"

The older girl continued pressing kisses to the younger's cheeks. "Don't go, Soojung...don't stop trying to reach out to me." Then she burst in tears and bawled into the bed, her cheek against Krystal's.

"Unnie, you're really drunk," Krystal said. "Please calm down." But taht didn't help much.

"I'm so stupid! How can I get yuo back, SOojung?" she sobbed. "Soojung...!"

Krystal swallowed nervously. This was kind of scary. She had never witnessed anyone this drunk before besides her father. She tentatively her sister's head getnly, and embraced her with her other arm. "Unnie, just go to sleep. I'll get you some water so when you wake up, you won't have to get it yourself."

That seemed to help somewhat. Her sister's sobs died away, and her breathing began to even out.

Krystal waited a long time until she was sure her sister had dropped asleep. She went and got a glass of water for her sister. She contemplated giving her one of her pain killers in case Jessica got a head ache, but she decided not to. Jessica might htink she was trying to poison her or something.

She flipped off the lights and checked her phone. "Oh my god. 4AM? Already?" Krystal cried. "No way I"m going to sleep!"

But she did, for about a few hours until she heard the sound of her sister retching into the toilet.

Krystal groaned, feeling a head ache start up. A night of no sleep really didn't help at all. She decided to deal with her sister first though.

She called Tiffany. 

"Hello? Krystal? What's up?" Tiffany said.

"Hi, unnie," Krystal said. "How do you cure a hangover?"

"WHAT?!"

---------------------------------------------------------

HI! I did update again!! Yay!

I hope you guys liked it. And I also hope you didn't get too confused, because it did switch around a bit...espeically with the hours that events happened.

Yeah, so Jessica got drunk, Krystal tried to help her while Yuri just left her on the bed. I actually don't drink and I've never dealt with anyone whose had a hangover before so correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that you should drink water after you drink tho...

Anyway, please comment what you thought, or anything you want to say! Thanks for reading my stories! Sorry if you're waiting for the other ones, but I'm just blank right now. I don't know what to write! 

I might be able to update tomorrow, but definitely Friday if I don't.  :)

Please subscribe, comment! Upvote if you liked it!

Have a good day and take care! <3

 

ALso, I went back and read old chapters...I foudn grammatical errors, so I will defnitley be fixing them up wehn I can.