Chapter 17

The Keystone (My Eyes, Your Heart, One Love)-(DISCONTINUED)

*Narrator POV*

Krystal was in a huge dilemma. She had gotten herself in a situation where she didn't have much of a choice. 

She was sitting inside the bath tub, , luckily covered by the bubbles of the bubble bath, and blushing profusely with embarassment and anxiety. But she wasn't the only one who was feeling awkward and embarassed. Jessica herself was finding it hard not to get nervous at what she was about to do. 

It was actually Jessica's idea to help Krystal for now since she still needed to learn how to live being blind. She also didn't want the girl to get hurt somehow and end up back in the hopsital. 

Krystal shivered at Jessica's touch when she started to rub her arm with the soap towel. She tried her hardest not to squirm around so much because sometimes it felt tickly and sometimes she felt like it was a violation of her physical privacy. But she knew her sister was trying to help her and she couldn't complain about that.

Oh my god...Krystal thought grumpily with embarassment. Is it going to be like this everyday from now on?

Krystal had never wished so much until that she could sink into the water and disappear forever.

She really didn't remember much except that sh wished it was the end of the world.

-------

Krystal wished she could hide under a rock after her sister helped her get dressed. She felt very self conscious about her body after that terrible experience. 

Now the both of them were sitting at the the table with food brought back by Tiffany, who had decided to surprise them only a couple hours after she left. Krystal thought it was strange, but she was at least relieved that Tiffany could help ease up the awkwardness between her and her sister.

"Why so serious?" Tiffany nudged Krystal affectionately with a shoulder. "Aren't you gonna eat?"

Krystal hadn't touched a morsel of food yet. She couldn't believe that last couple hours had happened, and she wished it hadn't. She just wanted to forget about it, or maybe drop dead for a couple seconds. 

"Um...well I kind of..." she tried to make an excuse. "Not hungry," she ended up mumbling so no one could understand.

"Are you feeling alright?" Tiffany put a hand to her forehead, which made Krystal flinch away quickly. "You're not coming down with a sickness are you?"

Krystal shook her head. Of course not! she thought, I just can't believe I let my sister touch me like that!!

"Jess, I don't think your sister is well," Tiffany said with a lot of concern in her voice. "Try and eat will you?" she urged me.

Jessica watched them from where she sat across from them. She noticed that Krystal had been oddly quiet and withdrawn after that awkward bath moment. Honestly, she didn't really remember much of what happened because she just kept thinking how uncomfortable this was, and she really wished Krystal would have stopped flinching about in there because she felt bad. But Jessica thought it might be in their best interest to not risk anything since it was her first day back, and Krystal had agreed but very reluctantly. Even though Jessica convinced Krystal and herself that it was just a familial act, she knew the both of them were still in a strained relationship---despite the few times Krystal had shown her some affectionate intimacy.

"Just leave her alone, Fany," Jessica sighed. "She'll eat when she's hungry."

Tiffany whipped around to face her. "Aren't you worried the least bit about her, Jess? She's acting strangely!"

Krystal's heart sank. She hoped they weren't going to argue about this.

"Fany, trust me. She's just tired," Jessica tried to end the conversation. She glanced at her sister. How will we get along like this? she thought worriedly. Krystal was always quiet. She had been quiet since day one even as a baby. She never really cried unless Father had forgotten to feed her. And as she grew up, she'd only cried whenever Jessica would snap at her for no apparent reason. That happened only a few times until Krystal eventually became immune which took only a couple years. Then there was that last time Krystal had tried to get her to open up to her, and Jessica had completely scared her away by unintentionally harming her. And now, Krystal was a complete master at hiding any emotion or expression as well as staying very quiet for long amounts of time.

Tiffany gave Jessica a scathing look and returned to eating her food.

Krystal managed to hold in a sigh of relief. At least Tiffany had stopped fussing over her. It was really uncomfortable and awkward in front of her sister. She could literally feel Jessica watching them even though she was blind. 

"Goodness, Jess," Tiffany said suddenly. She seemed a little mad. "You aren't really helping."

The food suddenly felt like sawdust in Jessica's mouth. She was glad that Krystal was ok, and she really did want to sew up their very strained and broken relationship. However, she really didn't know how she could win this girl's trust. Right now, she really hoped that the bath moment didn't strain even more their chances of becoming close. And she too was still embarassed about rubbing down her sister with that soap towel.

To be honest, she was jealous that Krystal seemed to have a little more trust in Tiffany than her. But of course it made sense since Tiffany was the only one who had been much more approachable and kind when Krystal had arrived. Jessica had been a brick wall of bitterness towards her since forever, and Krystal had definitely taken the hint that Jessica did not want anything to do with her. 

The only problem was that now, Jessica was starting to have a change of character, and absolutely craving to have her attention. And by that, it meant she really wanted Krystal to look to her for comfort and wisdom, and just ultimately be the person she needed.

Krystal knew the truth since Jessica had told her why she'd done what she did, althought the both of them knew that it made no sense at all. Krystal had forgiven her too, but it was hard for the both of them, primarily Krystal. She was more used to being on her own and leaving her sister alone. Heck, they had gotten out of contact for a while, and then met up again just recently. Krystal was used to staying on the cautious side around Jessica just in case she blew her top off, which was like the end of the world for her. It was scary. The younger girl was wary around the older sibling and not easily persuaded that Jessica really did love her despite Tiffany's explanations and Jessica's multiple tearful apologies. Krystal was never mad at Jessica, not did she hate her, but she was really just scared. She also didn't want to become a burden to her either--to the point that Jessica would probably find fault in her again.

As for Jessica, she just needed to figure out how best to show Krystal that she wasn't a huge insensitive jerk. 

Definitely not easy.

You've blown all your chances, Jung Sooyeon, Jessica thought to herself angrily. How will she ever trust me?

Jessica took in a breath and glanced at Krystal who had tensed when Tiffany made that biting remark. "Soojung, please...try and eat just a little bit, ok?"

Krystal's heart beat wildly and she could literally hear it pulsating loudly in her ears. She could feel the tips of her ears burning and she prayed so hard that her face wouldn't redden up with nervousness and embarassment.

"Hey, but your ears can change color pretty quickly, " Tiffany said, obviously trying to ease the discomfort.

But that only helped to make Krystal even more embarrassed. "I'm just..." she tried to say. I just wanna go hide under a giant boulder forever! she thought to herself desperately.

Jessica cringed deep inside. She hadn't meant to make Krystal get embarrassed like that, but she was trying to show Tiffany she wasn't being heartless. But then she realized she should have been thinking of Krystal instead of making herself try to meet Tiffany's standards of concern. That was definitely not the way Jessica would act. Tiffany was nice, but she could be assertive sometimes. A little overly enthusiastically assertively caring.

She got up and gently put a hand on Krystal's shoulder. "You're tired aren't you?" she asked trying to sound reassuring.

Krystal nodded, maybe a little too eagerly in Krystal's own opinion, but not appearing so to the older girls.

Jessica gave Tiffany a cold glare before taking Krystal's hand to lead her to the privacy of the bedroom. She went back out to get Krystal some water. The girl should at least have some substance in her body since she wasn't eating.

"I...I'm sorry, J-Jessica," Krystal stammered when Jessica sat down beside her on the bed.

The older sibling frowned a bit wondering why she was sorry and why she was going back to calling her 'Jessica' again. She actually liked it more when Krystal called her 'unnie'.

"Drink something," Jessica said, ignoring the apology. She put a hand to the back of Krystal's head and lifted the rim of the glass to her lips. She tipped it a little bit so Krystal could drink the refreshing liquid.

Jessica put the half empty glass down on the nightstand next to the bed and gently pushed Krystal down onto her bed. "Sleep ok? I'll get you something later."

She left the room and shut it closed, leaving a very relieved Krystal behind.

She sat down at the table again, aware that Tiffany was burning holes in her head with eyes that spoke of disapproval.

"What do you want now, Fany?" Jessica grumbled. "And be quiet about it too. I don't want her to hear any of this."

"ANd why not?" Tiffany hissed. "What are you trying to hide from her? It's not like she doesn't know how much you despise her presence!"

"That's not true!" Jessica argued. "I told you! I thought I was right, but I was wrong!"

Tiffany put down her chopsticks roughly so that bounced a couple times on the table. "That isn't the point, Jess! She already knows that, but you could at least make an effort to prove her wrong!" 

Jessica felt anger rising in her blood. "I'm trying, ok? It's not easy for me either! I'd try to turn back time and change everything if I could, but I need time to fix things too! It's not just about her!"

Tiffany narrowed her eyes at her. "Of course not, and it's not all about you either."

Jessica looked at her suspiciously. "What are you getting at?"

Why was Tiffany trying to start a fight now? And Jessica alreayd knew it was her own fault that Krystal was distant towards her.

"I'd give anything to change it all, "Jessica mumbled to herself. She replayed all those terrible memories of her bitterness to her sister.

"Do you think she's going to be happy here?" Tiffany suddenly asked.

That broke Jessica out of her thoughts. "huh?"

"Are you sure she'll be alright with you?" Tiffany reiterated.

Jessica sighed wishing they could just close the topic. "I told her I'd take care of her better than father ever could," she said trying to keep her cool. 

But Tiffany snorted. "You? Take care  of her? Last time I remember is her taking care of you, idiot." She gripped the edge of the table in her hands. "You came back drunk, Jess!" she hissed. "What if you'd done something to her?"

Jessica glared at her. "Did you seriously come back to argue with me?" she demanded. "Look, maybe to you, it doesn't look like I'm trying, but you can't expect me to be all affectionately intimate like you are with her! It's not me, and I don't want to make it look like I'm forcing it."

Tiffany just stared at her with doubt and mistrust. "Does Yuri even know about this?"

Jessica shot her an icy look, but that didn't make Tiffany budge an inch. "I broke up with her."

"What?!" Tiffany cried, eyes wide with shock and surprise. "You did that? WHY? I thought you were in love!"

Jessica looked away. "yeah, well...I guess it wasn't in the end. I don't want to stay with if I have no romantic attraction to her."

"Oh. MY. God," Tiffany's brain was spazzing over this news. "oh my god!!"

"And Soojung thinks I should not break up with her," I finished a little quietly.

"What? Why?" Tiffany cried.

"Will you keep it down?" I hissed. "She's probably sleeping!"

Tiffany wrinkled her nose. "Or are you just afraid she'll hear some secret you're keeping form her?"

I growled. "Will you stop making it harder than it already is?"

"I'm trying to help YOU!" Tiffany snapped. "without me, Krystal might have been out of here a long time ago!"

There was a tense moment of silence between them.

"Why break up with her?" Tiffany asked finally. 

Jessica rubbed her face and sighed heavily. "I liked her but not enough."

"What do you mean?" Tifany demanded, eyes wide. "I thought you two were the most stupid lovebirds ever!"

Jessica kept down the urge to snap at her. "I did it to replace Soojung."

Tiffany's mouth dropped. "Are you f***ing serious?" she cried. "why would you want to replace that cute girl?"

"Weren't you listening?" Jessica growled. "I was afraid to lose her and get hurt again."

"And you almost did!" Tiffany snapped. "Jess, you really need to get with the program. She still thinks highly of you, and you ought to snatch this moment before it's too late!"

"Every time!" Tiffany suddenly exploded. "I try to tell her you still love her, but she's still unconvinced about it! She wishes she could believe it, but she can't because of her respect for your wishes!"

"I'm sorry I'm being such a , Jess, but it just irks me how stupid you can be about this," Tiffany said. "YOu just gotta go in for it."

"Believe me, Fany, I really AM trying," Jessica said. "But I don't want to strain anything more between us than it already is."

Tiffany smirked. "You're afraid of her too, huh?"

"What? No!" 

"Ok, I mean that you're afraid to hurt her now," Tiffany said. "You know what? Even though I've only known that girl for a few weeks, I can tell she's not a very snappy person. She'll probably take the time to hear you out even if what you say is kinda stupid."

"But she's kind of jumpy when it comes to intimacy," Tiffany added.

Jessica looked at her in surprise. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Well...she's not a very skinship kind of person."

"Oh like the times you kissed her?" Jessica couldn't help blurt out. 

Tiffany blushed. "Um...yeah."

Jessica laughed. Tiffany obviously thought that it was just teasing, and she felt uncomfortable that Jessica had known. Actually, Jessica was feeling a little bit triumphant because Krystal hadn't turned down any of their intimate moments recently except maybe once. And one of them, Krystal actually initiated herself too. Was that already a milestone in their rekindling of a relationship, or was that just sheer luck?

"We should clean up," Tiffany said as they finished up.

--------------------------------------

*Krystal POV*

I was so glad when my sister took me out of there. I felt like a fish that had been taken out of water and being dangled over my only source of survival.

And she gave me water. 

I actually was kind of hungry, but Tiffany was sort of making things uncomfortable, especially when she started making a whole fuss over me. I feel like Jessica was better at this kind of stuff because she was a little less crazy-enthusiastic about it.

I really hoped she wasn't mad that I made her look bad in front of Fany, but  I was like a deer caught in the headlights of a car. And it was already hard enough that both Jessica and I had to go through that awkward bath time bonding...it wasn't really bonding, but it was just uncomfortable. 

After Jessica helped me drink the water, she went out and I heard them have a bit of a heated argument. These walls aren't soundproof that's for sure. I couldn't hear most of it, but I did manage to hear my sister say something about replacing me with Yuri. 

Ow.

That kind of hurts.

But of course, I don't really know the whole story so who was I to judge anything?

I also heard Tiffany-unnie say that I still think highly of my sister and that I was having trouble believing that she loved me. I don't know if that's entirely true. I mean, Jessica told me she was sorry and why she did it. So...I understand that she's afraid of getting hurt, although I do agree she had the most strange reasoning behind it. I guess emotions can make things seem different though.

Then things got quiet and I barely heard Tiffany-unnie mutter something, which my sister laughed at. I wonder it was...?

Anyway, the things I heard got my head gears working, and I started to wonder if maybe Jessica really did love me? I think  Tiffany-unnie was right. I still respect Jessica and I don't want to make her angry. 

I guess she loved me? She said it herself that one time at the hospital when she told me she broke up with Yuri. And she had also said she felt like we were tied by some sort of invisible attachment.

Plus, if she didn't like me, then she wouldn't have stayed with me the whole night when I asked her to.

So doesn't that mean she does have some sort of affection for me?

I think I like her...I could grow to like her. But...I already do, and I wish she was here right now even though she was here but in the other room. Honestly, I liked it when she let me snuggled up to her, or when she pet me like a cat, and when she kissed me...it just made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Just thinking about it made my stomach flip.

What would it feel like to have her lips on mine?

IDIOT!  I scolded myself inwardly. That's taking things too far!

After a while, I heard Tiffany-unnie leave, and then my sister opened the door quietly. I immediately pretended to sleep because I was afraid she might bring up something that could make things awkward and I'd had enough of that tonight. I'd rather face new awkwardness tomorrow with a fresh working mind.

I don't know if she checked me over because she didn't sit on the bed. She actually went to get something before leaving, and I heard the shower turn on.

Oh my god. The bath...I couldn't forget when she rubbed my abdominal area with that freaking soap towel...Anyway, I guess I should be thankful she was trying to not let me have an opportunity to hurt myself unintentionally.

--------------------------

I was already starting to fall asleep when I felt someone put their hand on my forehead. Then, it was gone. 

It was my sister. She started to caress my head.

"Soojung," Jessica murmured. I felt her lean in closer to me and press her lips to my cheek. 

I wasn't sure if I should just let her know I was awake of just leave her alone. 

But one thing for sure was that I really liked the attention she was giving me.

We were there for a very long time, and she didn't know I was awake either. Finally, she kissed me again and left. I don't know where she went, but my heart felt kind of low.

OH well, I better get some sleep.

----------------------------------------------------

*Jessica POV*

I sat down on the sofa feeling awfully exhausted for some reason. Tiffany somehow managed to press a few buttons tonight though. I really was trying to do my best with Krystal, but I think in the end, it's up to Krystal whether she wants to fully open up to me or not. I can only do so much to show her I care. I can't force her...

I was worried about Krystal. She hadn't eaten, and I really hoped that she would eat tomorrow. Hopefully, today's problem was just no appetite, and Tiffany's pushy encouragement. Anyway, I'd gotten the girl to drink some water.

I lay down on the sofa and checked any missed notifications on my phone.

And there was one from Yuri.

"Hey, Jess," the Yuri in the voicemail said. "I just really wanted to apologize about the other day. I shouldn't have blown my top off at you. And I think you should really work something out with your sister if that's what you really want. And family is really important. Uh...I guess I've already said this, but consider what I've told you, but it's really up to you anyway. Good luck with her, and let's just stay friends, ok? Also...uh, I met someone, and well....she's really nice. I think you'd like to meet her. haha....yeah, I'll see you around, Jess. And I really hope we can just stay friends."

I smirked. So she'd moved on already. How nice. I honestly wasn't sad about it. I was actually glad she found someone who could actually give her the kind of relationship she was looking for.

And the good thing was this definitely gave me more leeway with Soojung...as long as Tiffany didn't do anything to turn the tables.

I went back to the room debating whether I should sleep with Soojung or just sleep outside on the sofa. Would she be freaked out when she wakes up in the morning to find me beside her?

Or I could just wake up early like last time.

It was getting late and I was tired too so I just went with it and got into bed with her. I her cheek gently with a hand before kissing her again. "Good night, Soojung," she said softly.

I think she was awake because she made a small noise in (like that one time at the hospital), which was really cute, and then she (most likely) purposefully snuggled against me. Actually, I was pretty sure she was awake earlier because she did tense up when I touched her forehead. I was making sure she wasn't actually coming down with fever, and I probably surprised her.

I tentatively wrapped my arms around her. She didn't tense up at all so I thought it was ok. I was actually the one who was tense and I finally relaxed after a few minutes.

I felt relieved that she wasn't startled, and warm since we were sharing body heat. But I also felt something I'd never felt before. Maybe it was there before, but not strong enough.

The only thing is I wasn't sure what it was. I didn't know if it was love, or something else, but it was foreign to me.

I just embraced it and let myself fall asleep with Soojung in my arms.

-------------------------------------------------

*Narrator POV*

Yuri met up with Yoona at the coffee shop. Yoona was dressed in regular shirt and skinny jeans, and converse on her feet. 

"Hey!" Yuri called when Yoona waved.

"Hey yourself!" Yoona said cheerily. "I'm so glad you could make it."

Yuri smiled. "Me too."

Yoona continued smiling at her, and took her hand. "Wanna go get something to eat? I hope you aren't busy?"

Yuri shook her head. "No! Not at all! I just finished running some errands." Indeed she had just finished composing that voicemail apology for Jessica. 

"Ok, great!" Yoona said. "I actually already had something in mind. I hope it's ok?"

Yuri nodded eagerly. "Totally."

Yoona looked away for some reason when they met eyes again. YUri looked at her curiously. "are you ok?"

Yoona gave her a shy smile and tucked some hair behind her ear nervously. "Y-yeah..." she laughed. "I'm just really...I really like you Yuri. I know it's only been less than 24 hours but I liked you the moment I saw you."

Yuri's eyes widened. ME TOO! she thought, but wouldn't work.

"I want to get to know you, but I understand if you're not really interested. After all, it was a little one night stand kinda thing..."

Yuri opened , but nothing came out. Her heart was pumping so fast she couldn't think.

"Anyway, I just wanted to---"

"I like you too!" Yuri blurted. She grabbed Yoona's other hand. "I like you too, YoonA!"

Yoona looked up at her. "Really? ARe you sure?"

"Positive," Yuri smiled. "Let's go on that date shall we?"

Yoona shook her head, which confused Yuri.

"W-why?' Yuri asked. "Did you change your mind?"

Yoona laughed. "No, silly! I need to ask you out first!" She let go of Yuri's hands and stepped bakc. "Kwon Yuri, I know we've only known each other for less than 24 hours and in a very unorthodox way, but would you be my girlfriend?"

Yuri smiled wide. "Of course, Yoona." Her heart burst with happiness, even more than when Jessica had said yes to her all that time ago.

Yuri had taken Jessica out to eat at a nice restaurant and even took her to see the ocean view. She tried to make it seem as romantically appealing as possible. Finally, they ended up at a flower field on a trail and Yuri knew it was time.

The only thing she had failed to notice was how listless and out of it Jessica had been the whole time. Jessica only ordered somethign small at the restaurant and spaced out the whole time they were at the ocean view. Sometimes she'd acknowledge she'd heard and seen what Yuri pointed out, but other times her eyes glazed over as she stared at everything blankly.

"jess," she said and pulled a flower. "We've been freinds for almost three years already." She paused and swallowed. "And you're a really nice girl. Despite what Tiffany has said about you and your sister, and mabye what i've said before too, but I know you're not a bad person."

She looked up at Jessica who stared at her. "Jessica, I really like you, adn I want to be the one who can comfort you and show you what true love is."

"Will you go out with me?" she asked and lifted the flower to Jessica.

She waited tensely while Jessica seemed to be thinking for a long time. Jessica actually was only half listening. She was still feeling badly about what she'd done to Krystal when she struck her violently.

She sort of woke up from her daze when Yuri asked her out, and all Jessica saw was her sister.

And she said yes.

Yuri walked along happily with her new girlfriend, shaking off that memory. This was real. Yoona was interested in her much more than Jessica had ever been, and there was defnitely a connection between her and Yoona. WIth JEssica, it was like a dead phone line.

"I'm really happy, Yuri," Yoona said.

Yuri smiled. "Me too, Yoona. Me too."

----------

hey guys, I just really wannted to do a double update this week. Anyway, I hope you liked this really long chapter!! 

I will still update next week, but I don't think it will be a double update. :)

Thanks for reading, and thanks for your comments, subs, and upvotes!! 

Take care!!! <3