Chapter 31

The Keystone (My Eyes, Your Heart, One Love)-(DISCONTINUED)

*Narrator POV*

Tiffany arrived ten minutes early to the American restaurant Taeyeon told her to meet at. Taeyeon was already there, though.

"Hey, Fany!" Taeyeon flashed her a dorky grin. "How're you?"

"G-great!" Tiffany managed to reply. She was mesmerized by that silly grin, and Taeyeon's big brown eyes.

"I got a few pointers from a little birdy!" Taeyeon said cheerily. "So if you'd like to throw in a thank-you note, I'd gladly deliver it to her!" She grinned cheekily. "So you're into American stuff? Like girls?"

She gasped and froze in shock. "Krystal!" she grumbled and blushed shamefully. She hid her hands in her face and long hair. What the hell was that kid thinking...?

Taeyeon giggled. "I'm just teasing you. Come on! Let's go eat!"

They were greeted at the front before getting an to a table. It was a nice cozy restaurant, and the tantalizing smells of different foods wafted through the air. A waiter introduced himself to them and handed them the menus while listing recommended drinks and foods.

"Well, I'm starved!" Taeyeon remarked. "Are you?"

Tiffany nodded in agreement and began scanning the list of dishes. Heh. American...so Taeyeon had gone to Krystal for pointers. Tiffany decided to order something simple and she opted for a pasta with salad on the side. She was feeling a bit nervous, so she pretended to be engrossed in the menu. As she flipped a page, she chanced a peek at Taeyeon, and suddenly realized 

"What's your favorite?" Taeyeon asked.

"I like the pasta," Tiffany replied. "Do you know what you're getting?"

Taeyeon nodded. "I actually had to go hunting for this place. I'm not from around here." She looked around the restaurant. There were a lot of older people as well as the occasional families and youngsters. "It's very...uh, alive here."

"It's like an asian NYC," Tiffany said. "You live in Hongcheon?"

Taeyeon shook her head. "No, I'm from Jeonju. I was just there for work this summer."

"So, what exactly were you doing working there?" Tiffany asked curiously.

"Oh that school? I like working with children, but that was the only spot available for my summer intern. Unfortunately, I got fired, but it's ok. I'm done with that place anyway."

"It's their loss," Tiffany said. "They probably don't know what they're missing after firing you."

"Thanks!"

The waiter arrived in the nick of time, and the two girls made their orders. As they waited for their food, the two girls sipped their drinks and made small talk.

"So how long have you known them?" Taeyeon asked casually.

"Who? Jess?"

Taeyeon nodded and Tiffany continued. "Well, I've actually known Jess for a long time--since we were ten years old!"

"Wow! So you guys are like close friends, then!" Taeyeon concluded with a bright smile.

Tiffany blushed and smiled awkwardly while averting her eyes elsewhere. "I guess so." It was true. She and Jess were the best of friends. Jessica was actually older than her by a few months, but Tiffany had taken care of her the first day she had arrived at the boarding school in California. They had been roommates, which eventually blossomed into a beautiful friendship.

"And what about Krystal?"

Tiffany raised her eyebrows. "Oh...her. Uh..." She searched the right words to say so that she wouldn't give away much of the situation. "Well, I've only known her just recently. I mean, I met her a few years ago, but I haven't seen her until just recently. She's been staying with her father."

Taeyeon nodded slowly. "So they're separated then. Huh...they seemed pretty close when I saw them last week." She pursed her lips and leaned her chin on her hands. 

"Oh no! Actually, they live together now!" Tiffany corrected herself quickly. "Because..." Oh snap! I'm about to give the whole story away! She scolded herself.

"That's nice," Taeyeon said sincerely. "I've never seen such a close bond like that. Actually, Krystal seemed anxious to leave the whole two weeks she was there."

Tiffany suddenly remembered her last visit to Jessica's apartment. "Wait, Jess said something about them not giving her Krystal?" she said curiously.

Taeyeon laughed. "Oh yeah, it was crazy, but I swear--" she shook her head with a look of admiration in her eyes. "--Krystal isn't afraid to stand up for her sister."

The other girl was surprised. "Really? She's usually afraid of her.." she muttered.

"Afraid? Why?" Taeyeon asked with a puzzled expression.

Fortunately for Tiffany, she never had to answer because the food came, and all conversation was forgotten as they dug in.

After dinner, they went to go get an ice cream, and lo and behold they ran into two people who haven't showed their faces for a very long time.

"Yuri!" Tiffany cried in surprise. She glanced at Yoona offering a quick nod of greeting. "Where have you been? It's been ages!"

Yuri smiled at her. "Yeah...um I've been busy with all those scholarships, and this girl!" She grasped Yoona's hand to pull her into the picture. "this is Yoona!"

"oh! The new girlfriend!" Tiffany immediately concluded based on the fact that Yoona was cuddling Yuri from behind. "I'm happy for you!"

"And is this your girlfriend?" Yuri asked and jerked her head towards Taeyeon.

"What?" Tiffany quickly glanced at Taeyeon. She felt a blush coming on.

"I'm Kim Taeyeon." Taeyeon held a hand out to shake and smiled in greeting. "Tiffany's friend. Pleased to meet you."

"Kwon Yuri." The other girl shook it and returned the smile. "And this is Im Yoona, my girlfriend." She turned to Tiffany. "How's everything? How's Jess?"

Taeyeon decided not to ask too many questions. She hadn't missed TIffany's expression earlier before the waiter arrived with the food. Tiffany sure had a lot of friends...well five or six seemed plenty...maybe even seven?

"She's alright," Tiffany said. "She's getting used to things."

Yuri nodded. "And the little one?"

"She's getting along fine," Tiffany confirmed.

"Oh good!" The two friends talked a bit more, leaving Yoona and Taeyeon out of the circle for a bit.

"Well, looks like we're the odd ones out--or should I say even? There's four of us," Yoona muttered to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon smiled and shrugged. She watched Tiffany's face as she talked. She was really tall and pretty. Her eyes were like crescent moons as she smiled and spoke. And her voice...just...something out of this world that made her heart twitch...

They were sitting on the hood of Tiffany's car watching the stars in the dark night sky.

"Thanks for this wonderful night," Tiffany said. "It was fun. We should do it more."

Taeyeon looked over at her. "Well, thanks for agreeing to join me tonight. I really enjoyed your company." She lay back. "It's been ages since I've been able to find people as good as yourselves."

Tiffany was taken aback. "But...we're not all candies and marshmallows."

"Of course not...but life happens, and you learn to appreciate certain things." She sighed. "But time doesn't turn things back. You have to come to terms with it and move on with the hope that you won't let it happen to anyone else."

"Taeyeon?" Tiffany said slowly. "Are you alright?"

The other girl laughed. "Just feeling nostalgic...Seeing Krystal reminded me of a few things in the past." She glanced at Tiffany with an endearing smile. "but those are all stories for another day. You ought to get home. It's late."

"I drove myself."

"Yeah, get out of here. Get some sleep." Taeyeon shooed her away. She walked her to Tiffany's care which was a few spaces away. 

"Thanks so much, Taeyeon," Tiffany said again as she sat down in her car. "Next time, I'll pay."

Taeyeon smiled. "I look forward to it." 

Tiffany started the car and was about to back out, but Taeyeon tapped on the window. She rolled it down and looked at her inquisitively. 

"Tell Jessica that if she wants...I can assist Krystal for now. I mean, she learned stuff, but not everything. I'm specifically trained for that since I was at that program," Taeyeon said quickly. "But only if she wants, then I'll do it."

"Maybe you can talk to her about it. We're not exactly on speaking terms yet."

Taeyeon stopped for a moment, a confused look passing in her eyes. "O-ok...maybe we can go together. You know, so she doesn't bite your ."

Tiffany shrugged with a smile and waved at her before leaving her behind in the lot. She couldn't help but smile. Althought she was nervous, it had been fun. Taeyeon was really nice and very...perceptive about things. Not only that, she was pretty and had a cute but dorky smile.

But she wondered why the mood suddenly turned down a bit at the end. Taeyeon had seemed a little dispirited just now. Tiffany began to feel a tad more curious about this girl. So Krystal reminded Taeyeon of something that happened a while ago? What was it?

Krystal and Taeyeon...Tiffany pondered the two characters as she tried drawing out similarities between them. They didn't have much in common, except that they were pretty and had pleasant personalities. The obvious difference was the age difference of course.

As Tiffany turned at the intersection, she began to feel all warm and giddy. Despite that darkened finish to tonight's date, she was happy and she hoped to be seeing more of Taeyeon soon.

--------------------

*Krystal POV*

A few days had already passed since the day Tiffany came over to apologize, and since my sister almost kissed me. I couldn't believe my luck or or perhaps unluck. I know I can't feel like this to my sister. Maybe she wasn't going to kiss me. It was probably my mind playing tricks on me.

Things became awkward between us since then--my sister and I. We were already awkward around each other before, but now things just got worse. Every minute was nervous tension between us. When we were home alone, it would be super quiet and often times I'd find myself quite stiff. I never relaxed until she left the room. When we ate dinner, it would just be the sound of the silverware against the plates talking to each other. She'd make small talk, but I usually gave one word answers.

Jessica hasn't made much physical contact with me anymore. I'm not much of a skinship person, but I did miss having her arms around me at night and her kisses. There were nights when we'd be sleeping on either side of the bed with a gaping space between us. Sometimes, when she thought I wasn't awake, she would cuddle me. There were also times I'd wake up in the middle of the night and seek her warmth. In the morning, I might find ourselves apart, or I'd be alone, or I'd hear her moving around in her room before leaving me in the room. But a few times I'd wake up to find myself in her arms, or nestled all up against her.

Despite all that discomfort, I'd gained control over my disability. I was able to memorize the place so I wouldn't have to use the stick at home. But I felt like it was burdening my sister because we had to keep the place in consistent order so I wouldn't get confuse, which sometimes meant having to clean up.

Today was one of those slow tense days.

I was really frustrated with myself. I wanted to trust her, yet I couldn't. I recalled one of the days she came to visit me at the hospital. She'd given me an explanation, apologizing and asking me to stay with her. So she was afraid to love me because she didn't want to be hurt if she...lost me? She was depressed when mother left and dad lied--but why did mother leave? What really happened?

I still hadn't forgotten the letter. I honestly didn't feel upset that she burned it, but why did she do it? There had to be a better reason than just simply being mad at him.

I guess that sort of explained why she kept brushing me off in the past. No one would want to be hurt again, but what I didn't understand was why she would think like that. Isn't love taking a risk and sacrificing for the other?

I had so many questions and there were so many blanks, I didn't notice that Jessica was trying to get my attention.

"You haven't touched anything," she said. "Are you feeling alright?"

We were eating lunch.

My stomach felt like lead. I put my fork down. "I...I'm not really hungry," I mumbled.

I heard her put her fork down as she let out a heavy sigh. I think the tension between us was so strong, it was affecting my stomach. 

As if on cue, the doorbell rang. I heard her get up to answer the door. "Just try and eat, ok?" she begged me.

I picked up the fork again and ate the food she'd made. I think it was rice and some beef recipe with vegetables and stuff. It was actually good. Yum.

"Hi, Fany, what do you want?" I heard my sister say indifferently.

"Hey, Jess!" Tiffany said cheerily. "I was wondering...if I could borrow Krystal for a couple hours?"

"For what?" Jessica asked.

"Well, I just wanted to talk with her," Tiffany said. "You know, catch up on stuff--" she added. "Oh, am I interrupting something?"

"We were just having lunch," Jessica replied. "But if you can get her to eat something, she's all yours."

"Really?" Tiffany sounded elated at her answer. "Anyway, we're meeting up with Amber--you know--to keep me in check." I think she was trying to joke a bit to keep the environment from getting anymore awkward than it already was.

I heard them coming back inside. "Oh, you ate some," Jessica remarked. "Do you like it?"

I nodded and managed to swallow what I was chewing. As soon as Tiffany had suggested 'borrowing' me, the food in my mouth had become like bricks and it was really hard to gulp it down.

"Fany needs your help on something," Jessica said, and I could hear her voice dripping with dislike at the idea. "Do you want to go?"

"Sica, it'll be fun if you come too!" Tiffany said quickly.

"A-are you going?" I asked her.

"I'm alright," Jessica replied. "I think you need some air. Don't force yourself to eat if you don't want to."

I opened my mouth to protest. Just the sound of her tone was enough to let me know she didn't want me to go, but she wasn't giving me a chance. Jessica sighed as if in defeat, and I instantly wanted to assure her that I wouldn't go. I would stay here. "Well, actually-" I started to say.

I think my silence had the wrong effect on her.

"You two go have fun," Jessica interrupted.

"Are you sure?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah, just make sure you bring her back the way she came out of here." I think that was a threat because Tiffany quickly complied. Jessica pat my back as if to encourage me, but I felt my muscles tense as I tried to comprehend the meaning of this.

I could sense her discomfort hanging over me. I started to reach out to hug her, but she wouldn't let me. She gently pushed me away. Again, I tried to protest, but there was no time and no chance.

"It'll be good for you," Jessica told me as we headed to the door. "See if you can get her to eat, Fany. She hasn't eaten much today."

It was nice to finally let the tension away once I was out of there, but my heart didn't feel right. Yet, Jessica seemed to not want me with her either. Maybe she was upset and hurt that I wasn't eating her food...but that couldn't be the case. She saw me eat it.

If Unnie didn't want me to go--no, why didn't she give me a chance to talk? AND if she didn't want me to go, why didn't she just say so? I wouldn't have gone if she told me not to.

"Is everything ok between you two?" Tiffany asked me once we were in her car.

"Yeah," I replied simply.

"Oh, well, alright. Anyway, Krys, about Taeyeon..."

But my mind was elsewhere.

I wondered what Jessica might be doing without me. Tiffany continued to chatter while I lost myself in more thoughts. My mind was too preoccupied with the fact that Jessica had sounded bothered and she had pushed me off when I tried to hug her. 

I was worried about Jessica. I should have stayed home with her instead of running off with her best friend.

"I really have to hand it to you," Tiffany continued on. "You got me good, Krys. I know I won't be messing around with you next time, but I think Taeyeon is really cool." She kept talking some more, and it sounded like she was interested in Taeyeon.

We stopped by to visit Amber who was head over heels happy to see us. "Hey, how are you?" Amber asked and she gave me a quick hug. "Hey, Krys. Great to see you. Are you hungry?"

Tiffany ordered a little something, but I wasn't hungry at all. The rest of my appetite just disappeared as I pondered the thought of what Jessica really thought of this whole ordeal. At least Tiffany hadn't lied about coming to see Amber. Unnie could rest assured about that.

Honestly, I was worried about her. I should have stayed home with her.

------------------

*Jessica's POV*

The bartender gave me another shot of the hard liquor, its amber liquid filling the clear crystal glass. I downed the shot quickly and grimaced as it burned its way into my stomach. I growled and leaned my elbows on the bar counter trying to distract myself from wondering what it is they could be doing at this moment.

Soojung, why didn't you stay with me? I thought bitterly. What do they have that I don't?

"Unnie, are you sure?" Krystal's words echoed in my mind. "Why don't you come?"

I grumbled incoherently to myself. It was my own fault. Krystal had asked me to go with them and I'd declined her and brushed her off once again. I felt regret tugging at my chest.

But if she REALLY wanted me to be with her then she shouldn't have gone! I argued with myself to make me feel better.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I fixed whoever it was with a threatening glare. It was a man. He looked handsome, but not for me. Krystal appeared in my mind and I cocked my head suspicously at the man. "What do you want?" I said, the alcohol making me bolder than usual. I would have run away in any other circumstance.

The man smirked back. "Wanna have some fun tonight? I can do whatever you to that badacious bod of yours," he said trying to act y. 

I curled my lip at him, studying his disgusting man features.

"So? Whaddaya say?" he persisted.

I smiled sweetly at him and pat his shoulder. "In your dreams." 

He offered me his drink, and I looked down at it in surprise. It was clear but it smelled of some other kind of drink. Vodka? I took his drink and dumped it on his face, a smirk taking over my lips at his expression. The man spluttered in shock. I gave him back his now empty drink, and waved him goodbye. "Have a good day!" I said cheerily in my pre-drunken state.

I waved over the bartender for a third shot of the alcohol. "What time is it?" I asked him. 

"It's 6PM," he said. "Do you need a ride? I can call a cab."

I shook my head. "I'm sober," I insisted. I paid him the tip and downed the mind-poisoning liquid before heading out.

I was frustrated.

Soojung...Soojung...Why do you do this to me? I was tired of this feeling of sometimes being needed and most times being pushed off. Of course, I'd pushed her off before, but I never understood how it felt until now. I wasn't sure if Krystal knew that's what she was doing. She had cried to me a few days ago, and now she was back to being reserved and distant again. Sometimes she was clingy and wanted to be close, but other times she'd flinch away from me. And I completely blew any chances of physical contact between us since I almost kissed her.

It was so close too! I thought that was what she wanted!

She led me on! I thought angrily, remembering how she moved my hand to her cheek. Or maybe she just wanted the contact--but still!

I nearly walked into a streetlamp as I drunkenly fantasized my lips on hers, my hands caressing her soft skin, tangling my fingers in her dark silky hair and murmuring her name in my kisses...

And now she's running off with the person who kissed her against her will!

Tiffany flashed in my mind, and so did that dumb school for the blind--Victoria and Sulli...What was wrong with all of them? Even Uncle's words that he would get rid of Krystal echoed for a moment. Why were they trying to take her away from me?...I growled in frustration to myself. She's mine.

I guess I wasn't as steady as I thought. I was still sober enough to walk myself home safely, but I started to feel the affects of the alcohol get to my head when I exited the elevator to my floor.

In my last moment of soberness, I tried to convince myself that Krystal was right and that Tiffany meant no harm.

The hallway revolved all around and I saw two of my apartment doors dancing in front of me instead of one. I groaned and dragged my feet to the door. I fumbled for the keys and managed to get myself in. It was dark inside so I flipped the switch on before kicking off my shoes.

"Unnie!" I heard a familiar voice call out. My heart leaped with joy, but at the same time the alcohol was surfacing feelings of bitterness and anger.

She ran off with your best friend! Probably for some mad crazy kissing! Someone inside my mind was screaming at me. Every time you try to be with her, she ignores you. Face it, it's all an act--just like you said before. She's a stupid brat.

I dropped my things and whipped around to face her, my heart beating with drunken anger.

----------------

*Narrator POV*

Krystal had come home only a few hours ago, but Jessica wasn't home. Where had she gone? Tiffany offered to stay with her, but the younger refused, thinking her sister might be back at any moment. Krystal didn't want her sister to get crazy ideas especially since after finding out about Tiffany's secret kiss.

Krystal had gone and taken a shower on her own. She didn't feel like waiting anymore and it had been a long time already. So, she decided to test new waters, and found that it wasn't so bad anyway. 

She just hoped her sister wouldn't get too worried if she found out. Jessica was still a little concerned about letting her be on her own right now.

But it had been a very long time until Jessica finally returned. Krystal lay pensively on the sofa, trying to figure out where her sister could be. She really hoped her sister wasn't mad. Tiffany-unnie had just really wanted to talk about Taeyeon and have some insight for a potential relationship, which Tiffany tried to pretend was not the case. It was fairly obvious anyway that she liked Taeyeon based on what Krystal heard about her prior interactions with Taeyeon--the dinner and all.

Finally, the door opened and she heard a sigh that sounded familiar.

"Unnie!" Krystal called out.

She heard the sound of a bag dropping sloppily on the floor and then unsteady shuffling footsteps. The light flip clicked signalling that Jessica had the light. 

Krystal sat up quickly anticipating Jessica's questions about what they did.

"Oh, Soojung!" Jessica exclaimed aloud. "Home already? Why didn't you stay on that date with Fany?"

Date? Krystal wasn't expecting this kind of greeting!

"Th-that wasn't a date!" Krystal protested. "She just wanted to talk! Honest!"

"You pretty little dummy," Jessica said cheerily. "You should stay with people who appreciate you."

This was weird. What was Jessica trying to say? She doesn't like me? she thought to herself. "H-huh?" she said. 

Jessica took unsteady steps closer to her sister, a smirk forming on her face as her drunken eyes scanned over Krystal. "You're too naive, Krystal...so innocent. Some people might use it against you."

Krystal frowned with confusion. Why was Jessica talking like this? Was she mad that she agreed to go with Tiffany today? Maybe Jessica thought Tiffany was going to play another dirty trick on them again. But Tiffany really was telling the truth about wanting to talk with her.

"Unnie...you could have come too," Krystal pointed out. "But you said no." I wanted you to be with me...

"No. No, you should have your own space. I should have mine," Jessica replied nonchalantly. "After all, a sibling can only interfere so much in romance."

Krystal's heart sank. I want you. "Unnie!" she cried out indignantly. "I don't like Tiffany-unnie romantically! She's just...another sister to me!" She knew Jessica was standing in front of her based on the sound of her voice. She reached out with a hand for her sister. "Don't be mad, please, unnie. I promise nothing's going on!"

She felt Jessica's cold hand in hers, and she grasped it with both of her hands. She pulled on it, wanting to assure her sister and be closer to her, but then she felt sharp stinging pain to her cheek. Krystal was sure the sound of Jessica's palm against her cheek was loud enough for anyone outside their door to hear. Krystal let go, shocked and unable to form words as she cowered on the sofa in front of her sister. Her heart was beating so hard she thought it would burst out of its cage.

The older sibling glared down at her in disgust. 

"You see?" Jessica snarled. "Don't lay down your heart down like that. Not to me."

Krystal's heart quickened with fear. The pain to her cheek stung for a long time. She tried to hold down the tears that threatened to spill out, but one of them managed to make its way down her face. She gulped and reached out blindly again, her fingers barely brushing her sister.

"Don't touch me!" Jessica spat. "If you don't want me then you can just go away!"

The younger girl felt hurt. Why was Jessica acting like this? Is she really this upset because I went with Tiffany-unnie? she asked herself. She heard her own breaths sounding in short gasps as fear began to cloud her mind and senses. 

Jessica suddenly laughed, and Krystal realized she was drunk. "I'm so silly, Soojung. You're right. I never wanted you before. I should just let you go." She began to laugh again, but they were congested with sobs and tears fell out as she laughed even harder to cover it up. "I got what I wanted. I wanted you away from me and this is what I get."

Krystal suddenly realized how fragile Jessica was. She had always percieved Jessica as a hard stone wall. Even though she'd softened down some towards Krystal, the younger girl had felt that Jessica was still cold. In this drunken state, all the cards were down on the table, and Krystal could hear the broken heart in Jessica's voice.

But that wasn't all. Krystal couldn't really do much for Jessica. She could try, but she was at a bit of a disadvantage with her blindness. She began to regret not asking Tiffany to stay with her longer.

"Unnie..." Krystal tried again.

But Jessica suddenly gripped the helpless girl's throat and dug her thumb and forefinger deep into her neck flesh. Krystal gasped and choked as tears brimmed in her eyes. The memory of her drunk father beating and rampaging their home replayed in her mind. Fear flashed in her heart and she wanted nothing more than to run away...or even jump the balcony if she had to.

The dream where Jessica held her in her arms replayed briefly but died away. I will take care of you, Jessica's gentle voice echoed; but that dream was all for nought. Krystal was being choked by her own sister! At least Father never did that to her--well except in one of the dreams, but not in real life.

What was going on?! Jessica really could kill her if she kept this up!

"Pathetic," Jessica sneered. "Father was wrong. You're weak as a baby."

Krystal let out a strangled whimper of pain as she felt Jessica's grip tightenining and pressing on . She coughed and she tried to pull the older girl's hand off of her. "L-let go!" she rasped painfully. "Unnie, please!" Tears fell one by one, increasing as the living nightmare prolonged.

Jessica laughed bitterly--evilly almost. "And to think you of all people would be the one I fell for. I'm so dirty aren't I, Soojung? I'm. ing. Dirty." She laughed again, causing Krystal to shiver with terror. "I hate you, Soojung. For making me feel this way." She laughed heartlessly. "I should have left you there, where you really belong with all those blind people. At least you won't keep breaking my heart." She started to loosen her grip on the younger sister. "I won't have to see you again."

Krystal was starting to hyperventilate as she struggled for air, her heart racing at top speed. What was Jessica talking about? Falling for me? Breaking her heart?! "Unnie, w-wait, let's talk this out." 

Jessica sneered at her. "Talking won't help, stupid. It never has. You know what it does? It gives room for lies." She brushed the back of her hand against Krystal's cheek causing the younger girl to shiver. "Just like how I lied to you about that stupid letter from from father, and how he lied to you about coming back. You're such an idiot. So stupid and naive." She chuckled scarily. 

Krystal was in a state of terrorized stupor. "Unnie, you don't mean that. You're just drunk!" she protested feebly.

Jessica suddenly increased her grip on , bringing great pain to the younger girl. "Look at me when I speak to you!" she snarled. She shook her a little bit, but it hurt Krystal enough to think she was going to die at this moment. Krystal tried her hardest to pull off the murderous hand as tears of pain and fear continued to pour from her eyes.

"I don't want to see your dumb face around here ever again," she growled threateningly. "I'll kill you right here right now if you don't move..." Her tone suddenly changed to scary gentleness and it brought shivers down Krystal's spine. "Oh, but you're blind." She pressed her alcohol lips to Krystal's cheek. "It wouldn't be fair would it, Soojung? I can't kick you out. You're my sister. You're all I have left."

The younger girl shuddered with fear and began to move away from her. "Unnie, you're drunk. P-please just get some water and then sleep." She rubbed her aching throat where Jessica grabbed her.

"Me? Drunk?" Jessica said incredulously. She laughed. "You're so funny. I'm sober as you are!" She flopped down next to Krystal and gave her a really sloppy and painful noogie. Krystal really thought she was trying to drill a hole in her head. "Silly gurl..." The alchohol was starting to affect Jessica's lip movement.

"Yoou don't really care about me. Stop bein' so gud to everyone," Jessica slurred. She laughed crazily.

Krystal swallowed down her fear, trying not to tremble from being so close to her drunk unnie. "Unnie, I do care about you! I always have!" she cried.

"Stop playing nice with me!" Jessica spat. "Hurt me, Soojung. Give me pain."

Krystal flinched at her tone. "Unnie, I don't want to..." 

Krystal yelped in fear when Jessica suddenly yanked her by the shirt so they were face to face. She reeked alcohol and poor Krystal held her breath to avoid the smell. Jessica shook her threateningly. "Hurt. Me." She raised a fist over her head. "Before I hurt you, stupid."

The younger girl gulped nervously not knowing what Jessica was planning to do. She had stiffened with fear and massive amounts of adrenaline were pouring all through her body. The fact that she couldn't see wasn't helping to take the edge off her fears. Jessica could do anything to her. And unfortunately, Krystal could not see the fist that was aimed at her.

She braced herself for the worst.

But Jessica suddenly let go and literally squashed Krystal onto the sofa as her weight fell on top of the younger girl. She buried her nose in Krystal's shoulder and wrapped her arms tight around her. "Soojung, I love you so much," she whispered as her tears stained Krystal's shirt. "Why can't you see that?"

"Unnie is sorry for everything she did to you," Jessica continued to sob. "Unnie would turn back time for you if she could. I'd give you my eyes, Soojung. I don't deserve you....after all I've done to you..."

Krystal was paralyzed with the shock and terror. Unnie was trying to kill me...Unnie drank because of me, she thought guiltily. I should have forced her to come along...or better yet, not have gone with Tiffany. It's my fault...

Jessica caressed her cheek and cried into her neck. "Soojung, don't leave me here on my own..." she sobbed. "I just want you..." She shifted so that her body was literally on top of Krystal's, her head resting on Krystal's shoulder. "I only want you..."

The older Jung's soft sobs gave way to sleep leaving Krystal terrified and shocked, and utterly confused.