Chapter 35

The Keystone (My Eyes, Your Heart, One Love)-(DISCONTINUED)

*Narrator POV*

Jessica pressed the doorbell button outside Yuri's apartment. She slipped her hand in Krystal's and squeezed her hand reassuringly. The younger girl had been reluctant to come along to this dinner due to prior meetings with Yuri. Krystal knew that neither her sister nor Yuri had been quite fond of her at the beginning. 

Well...except now it was quite the opposite with Jessica. But Krystal wasn't sure if Yuri was still as hostile to her as she had been when she brought back a drunk Jessica Jung that one night.

"It'll be ok," Jessica told her reassuringly and pecked her cheek. "She asked you to come. She feels bad about how she treated you too."

Krystal just tapped her fingers on her white cane nervously. She tried to focus on her sister's warm hand clasping hers to calm her down. She felt fingers brush her hair and then Jessica's other hand caress her cheek. "It'll be fun!" she reassured her gently.

But Krystal wasn't much of a social person--especially in parties and get-togethers. This was only a dinner, but it was already intimidating enough. 

The door opened revealing a tall woman with big brown eyes. The three bowed to each other in greeting. "Hi!" the woman said brightly. "You must be Jessica! Come on in! I'm Yoona! Im Yoona!"

"Hi," Jessica returned the greeting as she led Krystal inside.

"So when's your sister coming?" Yoona asked cheerily. She pursed her lips as she narrowed her eyes thoughtfully, eyes flitting between the sisters. 

"Huh?" Jessica looked at her with confusion. 

Yoona had actually saw them through the peekhole. She saw the kiss, the way Jessica was looking at the younger girl, and the way Jessica her head. "Your sister! She's coming right?"

Jessica seemed puzzled. "Um..." She glanced at Krystal who was just as confused.

"I didn't know you were bringing your girlfriend."

Krystal almost choked on air and Jessica's eyes and mouth shot open with shock. "W-whoa! No! No--"

"It's ok," Yoona said kindly. "I know that you're into girls too, but I didn't know you were into younger girls."

Jessica moved but nothing was coming out. She couldn't believe what she just heard Yoona say.

"What's your name?" Yoona asked Krystal.

"Soojung," Krystal gave her Korean name. "I'm her sister."

Yoona gaped at them. "Oh...oh god, I'm sorry!" she spluttered. "I couldn't...I'm--I didn't know. You two--"

"Hey, Sica!" Yuri called from the kitchen doorway. "Hey, Krystal! Yoona can you bring them to the living room? We're eating over there."

"Of course." Yoona was broken out of her daze and she led the two sisters to gather around the table and wait for the food. There were pillows on the floor for them to sit on. "Yuri's told me so much about you, and your other friend, Tiffany. Too bad she couldn't come today. But oh well! That means more food for us!"

Jessica was quite surprised by Yoona's bubbliness and cheeriness. Krystal was even more off-put and slightly uncomfortable, especially since Yoona had thought they were girlfriends, and not sisters. Well, they were lovers...but it was a secret. No one knew yet.

"So...um, your'e sisters," Yoona said awkwardly. "You two don't really like alike...heh. Sorry. That's why I thought you were a couple."

"Oh, it's fine," Jessica replied, and she intertwined her fingers with Krystal's under the table. "Lots of people say that." She glanced at her sister. Her heart twitched with worry for Krystal, who was tense.

"So...what's it like?" Yoona asked. "Being blind?"

Jessica felt a pang of annoyance at that question, but Krystal didn't seem fazed at all. "What does it feel like not being blind?" Krystal replied.

Yoona looked surprised. "Oh! Well..." she trailed off. "...normal, I guess."

"Then it's the same thing," Krystal confirmed.

"Well, how have you and Yuri been getting along?" Jessica changed the subject quickly.

"Oh, fine!" Yoona said brightly. "She's great, actually! She acts very...uh, can we say polite? I don't wanna say like a gentleman since we're girls, but she treats me well."

"I hope you treat her well too." Jessica meant it jokingly, but to Yoona, not so much; and this also left Krystal wondering if Jessica really had feelings for Yuri, even though the latter had told her she didn't.

"Oh totally! She's really good to me." She smirked at Jessica and leaned over the table to say softly so that Krystal couldnt' hear. "And she's reallly good in bed." It was supposed to be a joke...a dirty one at that.

But Krystal heard it, and she began to count sheep to distract herself.

Jessica blinked at the other woman and in air. She didn't know what to say, but she was quite surprised Yoona would throw out ual jokes on the first meeting.

As if on cue--and luckily for the Jung sisters-- Yuri appeared. "Hi, Sica. How are you?"

Jessica greeted her. "We're good, thanks."

"Great. I hope Yoona hasn't been any trouble." Yuri glanced at her girlfriend with mock disapproval. "I heard what you just said."

Yoona smiled innocently. "I was just trying to lighten up the atmosphere! I was just kidding anyway." She look at the sisters. "Sorry if I kinda startled you just now."

"Anyway, um..." Yuri started nervously. "Krystal, is it ok if I speak to you? Alone?"

Jessica paused and she looked at Krystal for a moment. What did Yuri want to talk about that no one else could hear? 

"What about?" Jessica asked quickly.

"I just need to talk with her," Yuri replied. She was surprised at Jessica's quick intervention. "I'd like to speak to her in private, though."

Jessica didn't want Krystal out of her sight, but it seemed that Yuri wasn't going to let up on her request. 

"So...Krystal, can we talk?" Yuri asked again.

"Ok."

So Yuri and Jessica's younger sister left the other two women sitting at the table. Yoona and Jessica were both wondering what private conversation Yuri so needed to have with Krystal.

"Anyway, Yuri's told me some stuff about you and your sister," Yoona cut into Jessica's thoughts. "She said that you guys aren't really close."

"Huh?"

"You guys didn't spend much time together," Yoona continued. "She was sick or something. Is that how she got blind?"

Jessica was a bit surprised that Yuri would spill parts of her personal life to this Yoona person. "Um...yes and no."

"It must have been hard."

Jessica shrugged. "She's strong."

"Well, it was nice of you to take her in when her father left."

"Yeah..." Jessica didn't know why she was feeling so anxious now that Krystal was somewhere else. She hoped that Yuri wouldn't do anything to hurt Krystal. "What do you think they're talking about?" She didn't feel like talking about herself and Krystal. But she was also really curious what Yuri wanted to tell Krystal.

"Oh them? Dunno," Yoona replied. "I'll be back in a sec. I'm gonna check the food. In case it's burned or something."

She left Jessica sitting alone at the table.

It reminded Jessica of when she'd gone to visit Father and Krystal at the apartment. Krystal had been home, seemingly finishing cleaning up the place. 

You shouldn't leave a guest hanging, Jessica had said.

You're my sister, Krystal had replied.

Jessica leaned on the table and watched the doors to the balcony where Yuri and Krystal had gone.

-------

Yuri led Krystal outside to the balcony facing the courtyard in the center of the apartment building. "How're you doing?" she asked.

"Fine," Krystal replied. She let her fingers play along the railing of the balcony.

The younger girl was actually nervous about being alone with someone who had seemed to hate her a just some time ago. Krystal had been blamed for Jessica's situation and condition. What did Yuri need to tell her that was so secret?

"How about Sica?"

"She's alright too."

It would have been too good to be true if Krystal had talked more.

"Look, I--" Yuri started. "I just wanted to apologize. I guess I came off pretty hostile, huh?--Me and Jessica?"

"It's ok," Krystal replied.

"Are you sure?" Yuri asked. "I mean...we didn't even give you a chance, and we just assumed you were a bad kid." She rubbed her arm. "The night I brought Jessica home from that bar...I said some pretty nasty stuff to you. And I'm really sorry. We--I should have gotten to know you more instead of passing you off for a rebel. You're the complete opposite of what I thought you were. Can you forgive me?"

Krystal let the words sink in for a moment. So Yuri wanted to apologize in private. That was nice of her. "I already forgot," Krystal said. Indeed, she hadn't exactly remembered much of what Yuri had told her that night, but mostly it was of unimportance at that moment. Krystal had to deal with Jessica because Yuri just up and left.

"Huh?" Yuri was confused at the younger girl's indifference.

"It's fine." Krystal shrugged.

"O-ok..."

"HEY!" Yoona popped at the door. "Yuri, the food's ready! Don't leave us hanging!"

"Oh right. Sorry." Yuri looked at Krystal. "Can I help you in?" 

Krystal nodded and let Yuri lead her back to the table where Jessica was waiting. 

"Yoongie, help me set up the table!"

"Do you need help?" Jessica offered.

Yuri shook her head. "No thanks. Just stay here." And she and Yoona disappeared into the kitchen.

Jessica watched her sister for any sign of uneasiness. But Krystal looked as if nothing had happened. Jessica remembered that Krystal was less expressive, so maybe she could be hiding something too.

"Soojung? What did she say?" Jessica asked softly.

"Oh, nothing. She was just apologizing," Krystal replied. "Because she said stuff when she brought you home that one time."

Jessica wanted to ask her what Yuri had said, but that could wait for until they got home. She leaned closer to her sister and she kissed her cheek, her nose brushing against the younger girl's skin. "I love you," she murmured.

She smiled when she saw Krystal's cheeks color a bit. 

Jessica pulled away before their "dinner hosts" returned.

"Well, I hope you all like it!" Yuri said when she and Yoona reappeared with the food. "Yoona sort of helped me before you came along, but...anyway, let's all eat!"

The food smelled really good, and Krystal tried to identify what kind of recipes Yuri had set out for them. She couldn't, unfortunately, but that was ok.

Jessica helped Krystal to get the food, and she told her what she'd given her, and where everything was. 

Yoona was getting drunk off the sisterly intimacy. She had never seen a sibling so devoted to the younger. She glanced at Yuri, who was completely shocked at this Jessica Jung sitting in front of her.

-------

(Taeyeon and Tiffany at restaurant)

Taeyeon and Tiffany were enjoying a dinner in the outer area of the restaurant they were at. Cars were still busy at this hour, so conversation was a bit difficult to accomplish sometimes.

Tiffany seemed quite troubled these last days and the past week--ever since they'd gone to visit the Jungs, and since Taeyeon made that kind offer to teach Krystal for free. One day, they were hanging out, and Tiffany was checking her phone constantly, looking quite worried.

"Are you ok?" Taeyeon had asked.

Tiffany just smiled and nodded before putting her phone away. The rest of their time together was a blast, but Taeyeon was really curious about why Fany had seemed so anxious earlier. But she never pried about it.

However, the two had been spending quite a bit of time together, and Taeyeon was really getting to know Tiffany bit by bit. She was growing to like Tiffany very much.

Taeyeon was worried about Tiffany. A couple times Taeyeon had brought the Jung sisters up, but Tiffany completely cut off and ignored the topic. This confused Taeyeon, but she didn't question the other girl. She could tell Tiffany was a bit sensitive in that area, but she wasn't sure why. She was really curious actually.

Besides all that, Taeyeon really liked Tiffany, and she was starting to become interested in having a relationship with her. She was glad to meet these people, who were interesting yet kind. 

Maybe it was all too fast, but Taeyeon had been in a few relationships before--most of them resulting quite badly. These were arranged relationships too, and due to her rebellious nature to be free and find her own soulmate, it clashed with her family's expectations; and it caused very explosive results from past boyfriend and girlfriend. Her parents were anxious to get her established so they matched her up with older business people. The boyfriend was already 40, and the girlfriend was 35.

Both were pretty goodlooking, but Taeyeon was more interested in finding someone on her own. They only lasted about a few weeks, at the command of her parents, but Taeyeon eventually grew tired of being submissive to her family. Ever since her younger sister had died, her mother had become really insecure, and her father very easy to piss off. They had loved her sister. She loved her sister very much too, and was very depressed after she died. That didn't really relate much to why they were so anxious to have Taeyeon married--or so Taeyeon thought at the time. She knew it was about money, but it wasn't until after running away from home that she realized it was more than that.

Taeyeon was from a poor/almost middle class family. Her brother had gone on to be a really successful lawyer stationed in America, but he had eloped with another woman who was undesirable to her parents. Apparently he'd found her at the beach and they fell in love. Taeyeon had only met her once, and that was the day before her brother and his fiancee left forever. Her father had a job good enough to pay for rent  and food. Her mother was a tailor and got her pay that way. It wasn't stable, since most people could just go to the store, but close friends sometimes asked favors. Some elderly people asked for service too. That helped somewhat.

Taeyeon had wanted to be a singer since she was so small. Her father had been supportive of her because he wanted her to do something she loved. He helped her at the start, but things started becoming rough at his job, and rent was increasing. So Taeyeon managed to scrape by with a job as a waitress at a pretty popular restaurant, and singing at gigs when she hit high school age. She was pretty good. The teacher even wanted to enter her in competitions, but she couldn't go becuase she didn't have enough money to travel out of Korea.

Her dad was proud, but her mom wasn't. Later on, she realized her mother was just fearing for her future since a career in the arts was not as wellpaying as other careers. She didn't care though. It was her passion.

It was getting harder for her father to bring back enough money to sustain the family. It was winter and it was bitterly cold. Her sister had fallen very ill deep inside, and there was not enough money to give her the medicine she needed. Her mother relied on traditional herbs, which helped ease the pain and discomfort.

"Unnie, am I going to die?" her sister had asked one night in the middle of a whistling storm.

Taeyeon had her arms around her sister to keep her warm. Her parents warned she might get sick too, but she ignored the warning. She wanted to be with her sister no matter what was wrong with her. "I-I don't know,"  Taeyeon said quietly. "You're just really sick. Maybe it'll pass."

"Don't leave," her sister said.

And she didn't. She stayed up as late as she could, but her eyelids could not keep open.

The next morning, her sister was so cold. And dead. Taeyeon had broken down, and her parents were distraught. Her brother had no idea about this since all contact was lost.

And after that, Taeyeon began driting farther and farther away, whatwith the arranged dates and clashing with her parents.

Time went on, of course, and she finished her high school education, with half flying colors. Ever since her sister passed, things changed and they were all suffering. At least her singing hadn't died. If anything, the pain in her chest, heightened her emotional aspect of her singing.

Anyway, she'd gotten a full ride to a university from a scholarship she'd auditioned to get.

Her voice teacher at the university was very impressed with her talent, and he even got her to sing at a very important event. From then, she'd gotten connections for singing opportunities such as recordings, live performances, and singing OST's for dramas. They were going to make her famous...eventually. The live performances were for night clubs, very rarely did she have a chance to sing where already famous people would sing. The OST's were actually featuring her accompanying a lead singer. 

Yet her teacher assured her that soon enough, she'd be on the plane to success and accomplishment.

How she ended up at that Hongcheon school for the blind? Well, she was looking for an internship/job that involved working with children so she could help teach music, but there was nothing available. And the only thing involving children was that school for the blind. So she took it. She had to go through a 14 week training on how to work with blind children and learning how to use mechanisms that were meant for blind people to use.

After running away from home and going through many experiences she would never have gotten if she'd stayed home, she learned a lot. First of all, money was always an issue. She only had enough to feed herself, pay her rent, get clothes, buy essentials, pay for her car and repairs if needed, and insurance. She rarely had the chance to buy herself something nice. It was scary at first, but she'd gotten used to it. At least her university was giving her free tuition. 

Taeyeon had also given food to a homeless person once. She'd seen a man sitting against the wall under the bright window of a store. She passed by him every day. It wasn't until winter that she felt so sad at his shivering form that she gave him her bread and coffee. He was so thankful. The next day, she went in the morning to get food for him, but he was gone. She tapped someone on the shoulder and asked what happened to the man who always sat under the window. "Huh?" the stranger had said. "Oh, he died in the cold last night. They picked him up a few hours ago." 

Taeyeon had never felt so sad in her life. Not since her sister died.

So tonight, Taeyeon decided it was the moment to ask Tiffany to embark on a new journey with her. She had planned it all out, failing at rehearsing, and deciding to just improv as she went.

Except the dinner wasn't going exactly as planned.

"I really hope you didn't make that one sided deal with Jessie," Tiffany told Taeyeon over her drink.

"Why not?" Taeyeon asked. 

Tiffany looked agitated, causing Taeyeon to wonder if this had something to do with the day they'd both gone to visit the Jung sisters. Taeyeon remembered that she hadn't appeared very happy as they left Jessica's apartment. 

Tiffany had seemed pretty upset about something.

Did they get in a fight?

"She's a ing idiot," Tiffany muttered to herself.

Taeyeon's eyes widened. "Wait...what happened?" she said before she could stop herself. "Why are you talking about your best friend like that?"

"HAH! Best friend, my !" Tiffany faked a laugh. "She nearly killed Krystal."

"Uh...what?" Taeyeon gave her a doubtful look. She decided against telling Tiffany that she'd been helping them out. 

"You know the day we both went? After having that little party plan for Jess?" Tiffany explained. "Well, I went in to see Krystal, and she had marks and bruises all over her neck, and cheek." She leaned closer with dark eyes. "You know where they came from? It was Jessica. Jessica came home drunk the night before."

Taeyeon kept mum because she didn't know what to say.

"Jessica drank and she nearly strangled Krystal to death! And YOU think the sisters are close?" Tiffany cried. "Oh, please."

"Fany, maybe you should take a step back and think first," Taeyeon said. "She was drunk. She probably didn't even know what she was doing."

Tiffany's eyes flared with rage. "You hardly even know them! Coming home drunk is never a good idea! She really could have killed Krystal, dammit! The poor kid..."

Taeyeon fiddled her fingers nervously on the table. "Well...Krystal doesn't seem to be scared of her..." She froze when she literally felt Tiffany's eyes burning through her head.

"So you have been seeing them," Tiffany said darkly. "I don't believe this."

Taeyeon had to keep herself from scoffing in disbelief. She was actually really starting to like Tiffany. In fact, she had already been taken by this eye-smiles girl ever since they met at the registration in Hongcheon. She had thought it was nice of Tiffany to bring her best friend's sister to this place, and she had thought that Jessica and Tiffany were really close friends too. Even Tiffany herself said that!

This Tiffany sitting in front of her was not the Tiffany she met before.

"Fany, I can do what I want," Taeyeon said tartly. "And so what if I've been helping Krystal?"

"It's not just that. You're doing a favor for Jess, who really doesn't deserve your help."

"Well, it's more for Krystal. Look, maybe Jessica came home drunk, but--"

"It's abuse, Taeng. You know that. You study children. You're a mandated reporter."

"Not anymore. I got fired. And I don't regret it." Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at Tiffany. "Why are you being like this?"

Tiffany's eyes widened at the question. "I'm worried about Krystal! What if Jess does it again?"

"If Jessica really cared, she would never do it again. I'm worried too, now that you brought it up, but from the way things are now, it seems that they've come to an understanding." Taeyeon recalled the affection Jessica showed to her sister when she was around sometimes. She remembered the way Jessica's eyes softened upon gazing at Krystal. It was all very sweet. And she remembered the couple times Jessica would kiss Krystal's cheek and how the younger would blush immediately.  Except she was sure Jessica was showing possession in front of her. What a protective sister..."Jessica loves her, Fany. I'm sure of it. I would be able to tell if anything was wrong."

Tiffany snorted. "Yeah right. You didn't even know Jessica might wanna kill her." She pushed back her plate. "Thanks for the dinner, Tae. It was nice." 

It was all rushed and Taeyeon knew Tiffany was just mad.

"If you're worried you should talk to her about it," Taeyeon said. "Talk with Krystal. The only person who can really--"

"Listen to you, Taeyeon!" Tiffany interrupted. "This is no ordinary child thought analysis we're talking about! Krystal HIDES things when she doesn't want people to know about personal things. She'd probably lie to the world just to save everyone else's face AND keep people from getting mixed up in her !"

"Doesn't everyone?" Taeyeon snapped. "This isn't your business, Fany!"

"It is when it's concerning the safety of a child!" Tiffany retorted. "You don't get it! Jessica is dangerous, unpredicatable, stupid, and extremely--!" Her voice had risen to outrageous levels and people sitting at other tables were staring. She took a breath and closed her eyes to calm down. "Look, Taeng, I understand if you're scared, but Krystal is in danger in that house."

"Maybe YOU don't get it," Taeyeon countered. "Have you seen them together? Have you ever gone to see them since we went together? Do you even know what they're thinking? No. You don't. Let them sort it out on their own. You're Jessica's best friend. If she needed help she would come to you. And I assure you everything's alright between them."

Tiffany scoffed. "Kim Taeyeon. I thought you'd know better, but no. You're just trying to sugar coat their poor relationship." She stood up. "Good night, Taeyeon."

"Fany, wait," Taeyeon said sharply. "I understand where you're coming from, but it's not always your place to judge what you see from outward appearance."

"Basically don't judge a book by its cover."

"Exactly! So--"

"I don't need your elementary school crap!" Tiffany snarled. 

Taeyeon was slightly frightened, but she was really unable to believe this was Tiffany. "You know what, Fany? I think you need a reality check. The last time I saw, you aren't their mom, nor are you in the place to decide what is right for Krystal." She stood up too and paid the tip. "I know you're worried, but you need to give them some space to breathe. If it's so bad, it would be very easy for me to tell." She walked past Tiffany. "I really grew to like you, Fany. I've never met anyone like you, but I guess I've thought wrong. You're just plain bad all over. Badmouthing your own friend...how do I know you wouldn't do this to me too?"

Tiffany gaped at her. "W-wait..."

"Fany, I've seen many things, and experience much of life you could never imagine--and I know Krystal has too. I can see it in her eyes. She reminds me of so many things..." She turned, with eyes cold, to Tiffany. "Think about it, Fany. What will you gain by tearing Krystal away from her sister?" 

"Good night, Fany," Taeyeon turned away managing to keep down her tears as she fled the restaurant. The one girl she thought she liked, and could grow to love turned out to be nothing but a dead end. "Stupid, stupid Kim Taeyeon!" she muttered to herself after throwing herself in her car.

Yet she was surprised to hear that drunk Jessica tried to kill Krystal. That was quite extreme. 

There had to be an explanation...but anyway, the Jung sisters seemed to be in good terms right now.

But Taeyeon was curious. She wanted to know what really happened, and she began to wonder if asking them would be a good idea. After all, she only heard Tiffany's side of the story.

-------------

It was a nice dinner. Yuri actually had a good hand at cooking--except it was thanks to Yoona since she marinated and prepared the food for cooking, or so Yoona said.

Krystal loosened up a little bit, but not much. However, no one forced her into a conversation. Most of the time it was Jessica speaking for them.

Both Yuri and Jessica were surprised at how different the other seemed after separating and not seeing each other for a while. They were happier and brighter now than when they had been dating before. Neither felt any regret though. Yuri was glad Jessica was happy, and Jessica was happy that Yoona made Yuri happier.

In anyway, Jessica was much happier to have gained her sister back more than anything in the world, plus something more.

As for Krystal, she really couldn't believe what had happened in the past days. She liked the close contact with Jessica, the kisses, the warm hugs, the cuddling, being able to talk with her somewhat--honestly, she just liked listening to her sister talk.

Yoona was just happy in general that everyone was happy. Jessica figured she could grow to appreciate Yuri's new girlfriend. And Krystal just thought she was amusing.

"It was so nice meeting you!" Yoona said when Jessica and Krystal were leaving. "You're nicer than Yuri described you!"

"Thanks for the dinner," Jessica replied. "It was nice meeting you too...and seeing you again, Yuri."

"Yeah," Yuri nodded. "Well, hopefully we can meet up with Fany soon."

That remined Jessica of her fight with Tiffany not too long ago. Dammit...she was gonna have to fix that soon. She hadn't spoken with her, and since she made up with Krystal, she'd been spending more time repairing the bonds that had been broken for so long. And to her, that was more important than trying to explain her unjust actions to her own friend. At least Krystal had forgiven her, and was slowly growing to trust her--much to Jessica's relief.

They said their goodbyes, and parted ways.

It was nearly 8:45PM when the Jung sisters returned home.

They headed up to their home, noticing how quiet it was tonight. Saturday nights were usually times people would be up and about...maybe that's why it was so quiet.

"Did you like tonight's dinner?" Jessica asked Krystal as she fished for her keys.

"Yeah," Krystal replied. "...your cooking is better..."

Jessica gave Krystal an amused look. "You don't have to flatter me, Soojung." She slipped the key into the lock before wrapping her arms around her sister. "Thank you, though."

Krystal blushed and turned her face against Jessica's shoulder to hide her embarrassment. "But it's true...kind of..."

Jessica slapped her shoulder. "Yah! Don't take back compliments!" she scolded playfully.

Krystal wriggled away from her sister. "You're so mean..." she grumbled.

"Come here, you crazy dummy," Jessica grabbed her in her arms and pressed kisses against her cheek.

"Unnie let's go inside," Krystal protested as she attempted to push away from her.

Jessica cupped the younger girl's chin with one hand and lifted it so she could look into her sister's sightless eyes. "You haven't told me what Yuri told you," she said.

"It's what I said. She just apologized and then Yoona-unnie came to bring us back."

"No, I mean when she brought me back the first time I was drunk."

Krystal was silent. It didn't really matter anymore in her opinion, but it was probably best to put Jessica's mind at ease. "I don't really remember," she admitted. "But she said I was causing you a lot of stress." She grabbed Jessica's hand holding the keys and pulled it. "Let's go inside," she was begging now.

Jessica sighed. Regret filled her greatly again.

She fulfilled her sister's request to go back in the safety of her apartment unit. "Soojung," she said as Krystal was heading to the sofa to put her stick in its usual spot in the corner. The young girl had adjusted enough so that she didn't really need to use it in their home. 

"You do know...that I feel terribly about how I treated you, right?" Jessica said nervously. "It was unjustified, and I shouldn't have been so bitter to you."

"It's ok, Unnie," Krystal replied. "You don't have to worry about being sorry anymore."