Chapter 16

The Keystone (My Eyes, Your Heart, One Love)-(DISCONTINUED)

*Narrator POV* 

Yuri slammed down her shot glass and wiped with a sleeve. She was so upset about the break up with Jessica. She had only been trying to help. Why did Jess have to go and leave her like this just because of her sister?

She recalled all the times in the past when Jessica downgraded Krystal. Of course, she and Fany had tried to convince her that she was wrong since, obviously, she really didn't know the kid. But then, as time grew on, she realized how lonely Jessica was. She also noticed how pretty and caring Jessica could be despite her bitter comments about Krystal. 

What if Krystal was a jerk though?

Anyway, Yuri knew Jessica deserved better and she decided to be the person Jessica could lean on. She would love her and show her what real love meant. It was hard however. Jessica was a stone cold wall, but surprisingly enough, she actually accepted Yuri's proposal. Yuri had smirked with triumph at Tiffany, who had been against it for some reason. No one knew why, and Tiffany wouldn't tell anyone her reasons.

"Hey," another girl with big eyes sat down in the empty seat at the bar. 

Yuri looked at her shortly and looked away, but then, she looked back at the really pretty girl. 

"You've drank enough already," the girl took the shot glass away from Yuri. "I saw you."

Yuri made a grumbling noise consisting of slurred unclear words. She grabbed the shot glass back and got herself another shot. Before she could lift it to her lips, Yoona took it and downed the shot for her.

"Mmm, good taste," Yoona smacked her lips and handed Yuri the empty shot glass.

But Yuri didn't take it. She continued staring at the pretty girl sitting next to her. 

"So, what's a fine woman like you doing at a bar?" Yoona leaned on the counter and smiled suggestively at Yuri. She caught the bartender's eye and smirked at him. He smirked back and brought a new bottle of alchohol. 

"Would you like another shot?" he asked.

Yoona set her shot glass and Yuri's shot glass in front of him. "This'll be the last one, I swear, Taeyang." She grinned at the bartender. "The bill's on me."

Taeyang nodded and went to tend to the other people. 

"I'm Yoona." Yoona stuck her hand out for Yuri to shake. "Im Yoona."

Yuri stared at her before replying with her own name. However, she was so drunk she couldn't seem to locate Yoona's hand. This made Yoona smile with amusement, and she grabbed Yuri's hand in hers. "nice to meet you, Kwon Yuri."

Yuri nodded dumbly. She reached for her shot glass again, but just as she reached for it, Yoona's warm soft hands stopped hers in place. 

"Whaddaya wan'?" Yuri slurred and snatched her hand back. "Jus cuz yer a y lookin' girl don' mean ye can tuch me liek this!" 

Yoona laughed. "You're so drunk, Yuri!" She pushed the shot glass toward Yuri. "Think you can handle another shot?"

Yuri scoffed. "You take it. I'm dun." She pushed her seat back to leave, but Yoona grabbed her arm.

"I'm playing, Yuri." Yoona pouted. She pulled the extremely drunk girl closer. "How about some fun? Hmmm? LEt's spend a night together."

Yuri felt Yoona slip a hand under her shirt to caress her skin sensually. Her fingers lightly ran over her abs and she shivered. "W-wait..."

"Don't tell me you're in a relationship?" Yoona murmured huskily in her ear. She looked to the side and saw Taeyang grinning at her with a thumbs up. "You know...I was really lucky to find anyone suitable for me." 

Luckily, the bar was loud and filled with people who were too busy with their own fun to notice what was going on.

Yoona caressed one of Yuri's s and bit her neck lightly with her teeth like a fox. "You're MY dream girl, Yuri."

That was it for Yuri. She completely succumbed to Yoona and let her take her to an empty room down a hallway. "I...singllle..." Yuri slurred weakly.

"Good," Yoona pushed her into the room and locked the door securely. She pushed her onto the bed and attacked her neck with sloppy wet kisses and bites before gently pressing her lips against Yuri's. 

"Yuri..." Yoona said softly. "Open your eyes." She gently the top of Yuri's head with a hand. "I want to see your beautiful eyes."

Jess, how could you? Yuri thought angrily to herself. I'm cheating on you because of this!! But this wasn't really cheating. Jessica had called them off anyway so they weren't technically together anyway. 

Yuri cracked her eyes open and for once this night, she saw the most mesmerizing being ever.

Even more than Jessica.

Im Yoona. She was absolutely beautiful and cute at the same time. Her bright shining eyes seemed to glow in the dark and Yuri was lost in them. Yoona smiled at her and sensually kissed along her jawline. "Kiss me, Yuri."

Yuri hesitated. What about Jessica?  it all! She doesn't want you anymore. Just have a little fun tonight and you'll never remember this sinful night again!

"Yuri?" Yoona called out tentatively. She almost backed off, but Yuri tackled her and trapped Yoona under her. She crashed their lips together, both fighting for dominance.

YUri's mind emptied out as she and Yoona lost themselves in a hot mess of pleasure and lust.

----------------------------------------

*Jessica POV*

I waited for Krystal in the waiting room of the hospital. The doctor was making some last checks over her to make sure she was absolutely fine. Tiffany was standing next to me, tapping her foot impatiently.

I was a still remembering the conversation I'd had with Krystal the day before.

"Are you sure you're making the right choice?" she'd asked.

My breath caught in my throat at the question. She was questioning my decision to take care of her instead of staying with Yuri!

"W-well, yeah," I stammered. Why was I getting all mixed up just because of a little question?

It was silent for a while before she opened again. "Don't do something for someone you hardly know."

I felt as if she had given me a cold blow. I felt sort of stung that she was technically turning down my attempt to get to know her. "But...you're my sister," I protested. "And I...I really want to make up for all that...lost time."

"I'm going to take care of you," I continued.

I took her hand in mine and gently brushed her knuckles with my thumb. 

"Really?" she asked. She turned her sightless eyes toward me.

"I will," I affirmed.

"Well...what are we going to do if you get drunk again?" she suddenly asked.

"Huh?" I demanded with shock and surprise.

"How can you take care of me if you can't take care of yourself?" she said again.

Maybe if this had been a few years ago, I might have burst with anger at her, but this time I felt nothing but confusion and the need to prove to her that I could be someone she could trust. Someone she could look to for love...

"Yah!" I said a little too sharply, and flicked her head with a finger. "Who said...?"

"YOu told me yourself," she cut me off. She gave a half smile. "So who's the winner now?"

I sighed and smiled. Too bad she couldn't see it. "You are, you dummy."

Perhaps that was the closest I ever got to having a little bit of fun with her because then she stopped talking to me. She suddenly became far away from me again, and I felt desperate. I wanted her to come back, to talk to me, to acknowledge me...I wanted her to need me too.

"You should go talk with Yuri," she said. "Maybe you don't have to break up over this."

I looked at her. This was something Tiffany might have told me. How did this girl get to be this way? I almost felt as if my own baby sister were wiser than I, and I'm six years older than her!

I held her hand lightly. "Maybe." I decided to keep the truth to myself for now. 

"Thanks for staying with me the other night," Krystal said shyly. "I guess it was uncomfortable for you."

My eyes widened. I had left her without saying anything that morning. Well, actually, I'd kissed her before leaving, but she wasn't awake and I didn't want to disturb her much needed rest.

"You were sleeping," I said. "I didn't want to wake you." I actually liked having her curl up to me the way she did.

Sure, there were times that Yuri and I had cuddled but it felt nothing like having Soojung sharing my warmth. It had felt so unreal that night, I could have sworn it was a dream.

After a while, she fell asleep and I sat with her for a long time. The sky had already turned dark by the time I left.

I was surprised what kind of person Soojung had actually turned out to be. She was very calm. I suppose she may have been a little shaken with the fact that she was blind, but she didn't make a big old scene about it like some people may have.

Considering what  a I'd been to her, she was still nice to me. I still cannot believe that she had taken care of me the night I came back drunk. At least she didn't get grossed out with me, but I suppose she was used to it since Father was a drunkard.

Tiffany seemed to take a liking to her as well. I kid you not, I was and still am sort of jealous of their growing relationship. I think Fany really could qualify as a better sister for Soojung. SHe had taken the time to get to know her for those first weeks we'd met again. 

I wish I could take back every single word and action of hatred and bitterness towards Soojung. Maybe...if I had, things wouldn't have turned out this way.

"Well, your sister should be up and ready to go," the doctor came up to us. "Uh..Jess right?" he looked at me.

I nodded.

"Your sister's in the room. YOu might want to help her a bit." He pointed me to the door. "And after that we can sign off a few papers and let her go, and everything will be all covered."

"Thanks," I said.

"Oh, I can go help her," Tiffany offered quickly. "YOu go ahead with those papers. We can get out of here faster that way."

"It's fine, Fany," I said, but she had already gone in. I felt an instant rush of protectiveness toward my sister and I hoped Tiffany wasn't going to try anything funny in there.

"Well, I've got the clipboard up front, so if you'd follow me..."

I looked back at the window of the room my sister was in. THe blinds were drawn so I couldn't see anything except for the lights leaking through the cracks. I should have been the one in there....but I followed the doctor and signed the never ending piles of papers.

 

TIffany led my sister out into the bright sunlight. 

Oh god...Krystal would never see the sunlight again.

"It's kind of sunny, huh?" Tiffany said to my sister and Krystal nodded.

I noticed that Tiffany was holding her hand.

I sighed and looked away. Oh well...that's what I get for leaving my sister alone for so long. Heh. I was the third wheel now.

"Jess, we're going to your home right?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "I'll get the car. Wiat here."

"Well, Krystal, you're always welcome to my home if ever," Tiffany said to my sister, as soon as I took a step away.

I whipped around to say some sharp reply, but I stopped myself. I saw Tiffany look at my sister with a soft, gentle, tenderness in her eyes. Of course Krystal didn't notice. She was absolutely oblivious to it all.

However, I seemed to be getting a strange vibe from Tiffany. She was standing close to Krystal, and close enough to kiss her too. Was she developing something towards my sister?

I felt the urge to say something but I decided against it. It would make me seem like an uptight crazy person not to let the two of them have a little bonding time. But I think they already had enough of that for the last weeks. They were always doing something.

When I had arrived with the car, Tiffany helped strap my sister with a seat belt before leaving. She pat her cheek before saying goodbye and shutting the door closed.

"You and Fany are close," I said. I hoped I didn't sound too harsh, but I was feeling a little upset that Krystal probably trusted Tiffany a more than me.

"She's nice," she said shortly.

"Yeah, she is," I agreed with her because I had nothing else to say.

I turned the key and started the car so we could head home.

 

*Krystal POV*

I sat on the sofa with Tiffany while my sister was doing something in her room. The whole trip back home was awkward and then air was thick with tension. It wasn't a bad kind of tension, but more of an umcomfortable air around us.

I don't know if being blind made me more aware of things, but I could feel the mood even without having to see them. 

"Jess are you sure you're alright without me?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah," Jessica said and I heard her footsteps come from the hallway. "Thanks for helping me."

Tiffany squeezed my hand before getting up. "Well, if you need help, just call me! See you later, Krystal." She kissed my cheek again!

I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I was pretty sure my face had turned red with embarrassment. I hope my sister didn't think there was anything going on between us, because I honestly don't know why Tiffany started kissing me.

I felt the sofa dip a bit when Jessica sat down beside me. I kind of wished Tiffany had stayed to ease the awkwardness, but it was already awkward enough being kissed by her in front of my sister.

I don't know why I felt like it was a bad thing. I mean, I know that I just like Tiffany like an older sister, but when we were leaving the hospital earlier, I could kind of tell my sister was uptight about something by the tone in her voice. I guess the one perk of being blind is that I wouldn't have to see her anger in her eyes. I hated to see that. It was scary.

"Soojung?" she said cautiously. She took my hand in hers. "Are you ok?"

I nodded. I wondered if this was genuine concern or Jessica just forcing herself to care for me because she felt bad.

"Are you hungry?" she asked.

THe air was very still.

I shook my head. Godammit, why can't I just say something instead of looking like a dumb person shaking my head around?!

I heard her take in a breath and I anticipated a big long speech of an apology again. HOnestly, I didn't mind, and I sort of understood her although what she did was not as logical as she might have thought it was. She was probably feeling insecure with the kind of family we had anyway, and speaking of family...

Dad had never shown any sign around here.

It must have been fated to come around because as soon as I thought about Dad, Jessica brought him up.

"Soojung," she said tentatively. "I...I think you ought to know something." She squeezed my hand tighter in her grip until I thought she was going to crush my fingers. I kept mum though, because well...I was too scared to say anything right now.

"I'm sorry," she continued. "I read the letter from dad...the one you had when I...when I found you at your old home."

I raised my eyebrows. I had almost forgotten about that letter! I never got a chance to open it! 

I was starting to get a little curious. "What...what was inside? What did he write?"

"A lot of things, Soojung," she replied. "He was sorry...sorry that he couldn't keep the family together." She paused. "And...and he..." she trailed off, which made me even more curious about what he'd written.

I kept waiting for her to finish, but she never said anything except I heard light sobs.

Jessica should really be called a walking raincloud because everytime I was with her she was constantly shedding tears all over me.

I wondered why she was crying, and why she wouldn't tell me what else he had written. There had to be much more than what he'd said but maybe it was too long for her to summarize for me.

"Soojung, I'm sorry," she sob-whispered. "I...I promise that I won't let you go. I won't abandon you too."

Then it came crashing down on me like ice cold water from the heavens on a cold cloudy day at sea.

So my sister had been right all along.

Dad lied. He'd lied.

No wonder he wouldn't let me stay with Luna. He didn't want the parents to get suspicious or involved with our complicated family matters.

That definitely made a lot of sense now.

"I guess you were right then, unnie," I said defeatedly. "He's never coming back. He just dropped me off on you."

Surprisingly enough, I didn't have the urge to cry, but I felt really sad that Dad just left. I suppose it was already nice enough that he had left a note for me anyway. It was better than nothing. But where was he then? He had never told me where exactly he was going either.

Even though he was an alchoholic and sometimes didn't come home nights, I still respected him as my father. In fact, I thought we were closer than most father and daughters...that is, until he turned into an alchoholic wasteland. He was a good man. He took care of me, without a wife. 

Except that came with the price of sending my sister away from us. Jessica was mad, but father couldn't do anything about it. He was busy with baby me and work and trying to make sure that I was healthy enough to become independent while he was slowly drawing away from home. He was a sad man...not in a bad way. He was sorrowful and lonely. And even though he had me, I guess it wasn't enough which is why he didn't come back early once I hit high school.

"C-can you read...it?" I asked her warily.

I needed to know everything he'd written. Why did he leave?

"Tomorrow, Soojung. You need to rest," Jessica said gently. "I'll read it to you tomorrow."

"I'll get you some water," she started to get up.

But, before I could think about what the hell I was about to do, I wrapped my arms around her waist and buried my face in her shoulder. She jumped with surprise, but she also embraced me in her arms. She kissed my forehead and laid her chin on top of my head.

"I promise I'll take care of you, Soojung," she whispered. "I won't leave you ever again."

The words felt comforting to my heart, but I wondered if one day later, she would change her mind.

---------------------------------------------

*NArrator POV*

Yuri woke up feeling the cold air on her skin. "...where am I?" she groaned.

"Rise and shine, sunshine!!" a singsongy cheery voice cried.

"Huh?" YUri sat up feeling the effects of an oncoming headache. "Who...?"

"I'm Hyoyeon!" a bubbly girl hopped up to the bed. "Yoona's friend. I work here day time, you know, cleaning up from night messes and all. Anyway, YOona had to leave for work, but she told me to give you her number! She'd like to see you again today!" She put a slip of paper on the table next to the bed.

"Yoona?" I echoed. 

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. "Come on, you slowslug! Get with the program! You can help pay for this room by helping me clean up the bar area. Place is closed so it should be a piece of cake."

"I have places to be," Yuri snapped. "...damn hangover..."

"OH! I have just the thing!" Hyoyeon cried. She brought over a thermos and poured out a brown strange liquid. "It's great for hangovers!" She shoved it at Yuri and Yuri was forced to take it.

Yuri sipped it tentatively. She gagged. "THe if this?" she snapped. She handed it back to Sunny. "What are you? Trying to poison me?"

"NO! IT's good! It's my grandmother's legendary cure for hangovers!" Hyoyeon retorted. "Fine! I try to help you, but NO! You people don't appreciate the little things I do to show I care! Go put your frickin' clothes on and help me clean up this ty place!" SHe downed the rest of the nasty liquid in front of Yuri and left the room.

YUri groaned and fell back down on the bed.

Last night had been...the most fun she'd ever had. She'd never done it with Jessica before. She had fantasized about it, but it was nothign compared to this girl named Yoona.

Yoona.

The name made her heart rush a little faster.

"Oh my god!" she said to herself. "Am I...Am I really getting over Jess so fast?"

NOw all Yuri could think about was Yoona and how they kissed, how Yoona's hands were so skilled on her body, and her eyes that spoke much more than what spilled out.

YUri reached for the slip of paper and found that it was a note besides giving Yoona's phone number.

Hey, Yuri! It was fun last night! I hope you feel better today. :) I'd really like to see you again. Will you meet me at the coffee shop down the street from the university? Here's my number! XXX-XXX-XXXX  :P

See you! -Yoona

Yuri smiled at that. SHe had never felt this way before. NOt even with Sica. Her heart was already pumping with excitement and she felt her neck hairs prickle at the thought of meeting Yoona again even though they hardly knew each other.

She hoped Jessica wouldn't be sad...but Jessica was the one who initiated the break anyway.

YUri sighed. She should apologize to Jessica about her behaviour. She shouldn't have snapped. OF course family was more important.

But that would have to wait. She got back into her clothes and went to go help Hyoyeon clean up.

---------------------------------

HEILOO!! Finally updated again! I hope you liked this chapter! :)

Thanks for reading and staying with me on this story!  And thnaks for upvoting and subbing!

Well, what do you think of Yoonyul? And what about Tiffany's attitude toward Krystal? What about Dad and his disappeareance?

Aaaand most of all how is Jess going to get through to Soojung?

Take care everyone!! Love you all!! 

I will update again next week. :)