The Campsite

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon almost die out of thirst rushing towards the dance studio where Jongin was. He scanned his eyes around as soon as he arrived in front of the building to find him. He thank God mentally he wasn’t late or else Jongin would be in rage again.

He saw a small crowd but he couldn’t see any sign that Jongin was there. He was about to enter the building when someone calls for his name.

He turn around to see the younger who’s looking at him confusedly “why are you here?!”

Junmyeon’s face fell into an awkward smile after a repeated deep inhales “Chanyeol can’t come, he said he had urgent recordings I don’t know what and so he sent me here instead.”

Jongin groans in frustration “I said I’ll need him badly, I can’t let you—“ and he groans harder. Junmyeon stared at him blankly and confusedly. He doesn’t understand what’s happening but there are a lot of teens on the bus that was park beside the building. He looks back at Jongin and he smiles again.

“What do we have here?”

Before Jongin could answer an old man suddenly tap the bus signaling the others to enter the bus and both of them look at him. Jongin groans again before he finally drags Junmyeon towards the bus “no more time, let’s go.”

 

 

Junmyeon was force to seat beside Jongin. The teen was looking outside the window, sitting there formally with his serious façade that seems to scare Junmyeon. Once the bus moved, the people inside suddenly went in silent.

Junmyeon was still confused and he scans his eyes around to check, most of the faces he remember were the people on the recital. But what surprised him were the travelling bags that were place on the compartment. And then he noticed there’s one person who’s looking at him curiously, he flash his smile at him and the guy smiled back with his dimple showing on his left cheek.

Then suddenly someone poked his shoulder.

“Having friends? Why are you smiling dumbly?”

Junmyeon grimaced at him “he was looking at me so I just smile at him.”

Jongin groans again, slapping his own forehead as his eyes landed on the bags in front of him “I forgot! You don’t have clothes!”

Junmyeon looks at him suspiciously “what do you mean?”

“Were going on a camp!”

 

 

“This is why I hate it! I told Chanyeol hyung to bring some clothes!” Jongin whines all the way down to their destination. Junmyeon just silently follows the younger while the other members couldn’t stop from chatting around their way. To be honest the way to the camp site is cold, and it’s so tiring and it’s also his first time to climb a deep forest.

“We’re near” says one on the front and the persons behind cheered loudly.

“Are we going to stay?”

Jongin whines “obviously.”

“For how many days?”

“Three.”

Junmyeon sighs deeply, he’s been arguing with his thoughts awhile ago on the bus why Chanyeol didn’t inform him about this. Now he doesn’t have any clothes to change into and worse he’s not ready for this.

They arrived at the camp site not after half an hour of walking. The site seems already prepared. And the fact that there was also small hut house behind and some tents already being built.

“Well, you request these guys, so I’m giving you the time to hang out with your favorite person with you….alone”

And they cheered again almost too loud but the one who’s talking in front awhile ago couldn’t care less and entered the hut with a person beside him holding his hand carefully. Junmyeon and Jongin look at each other but the younger was the first to look away whining loudly again.

 

 

“You should’ve explained to him so he could’ve just come” Junmyeon reminded as he help Jongin build their own tent, everyone was starting to do the same. They were all happy and excited except the two of them who’s been whining all the way down there.

“I did but he thought we were going to travel.”

“Which ends up to a camp” Junmyeon finished and he shivered when a cold wind went passed by “it’s really cold here.”

“Jongin, are you done?” one of the campers suddenly went beside Jongin and pats the guy’s shoulder. He has lots of earrings and rings. He looks so cool and Junmyeon thought that he might be rock star because of the blonde hair with his side swept bangs “need a little help?” and he sure had seen him awhile ago on the bus.

Jongin nods “yeah I think. Cause the one here seems like he doesn’t know how to do it” and he points at Junmyeon using his lips.

Junmyeon has been having a hard time fixing the tent to be honest. But who would to blame? He’d never done this in the past.

But then another guy went close beside him, who he recalls as the guy who’s looking at him on the bus awhile ago.

“I think I can help” the guy volunteered and kneeled in front of him he suddenly took the string on his grip and began it on the ground. “By the way I’m Yixing.”

 

 

“Oh by the way Jongin it’s my first time to see you bring someone who isn’t your toy and brother, who’s he? A relative?”

Jongin was too busy to noticed that Junmyeon and Yixing that were on the other side were already in good terms “ye-yeah, he’s my uh---cousin.”

“I see.”

 

 

“Jongin were done” Junmyeon peek his head on their side with a dimpled guy beside him. He was surprise to see the two that he almost hammered his finger. He made sure to finish putting all the string on the ground before he gets up and check on the two’s work.

Yixing wave his hand to show his presence and he smiled back. Yixing was a trainee back before that’s why he knew him, he was Zitao’s cousin.

“Cute cousin you have here Jongin” the dimpled guy tease.

Jongin nods and looks at Zitao who had just finished just in time, wiping the imaginary sweat on his cheek.

 

 

The instructor gathered them in circle since it was nearly time for dinner and not a few minutes the sun will set down already, so eventually they need to prepare their selves and rest.

“This isn’t the first time we’ve done this” the instructor started “and again this time we will live normally, away from the city. We’re going to use the natural resources without the help of technologies.”

All of them nod while Junmyeon’s mentally counting the head, obviously not listening to the instructor.

After the instructor had finished the important reminders, Jongin and the others decided to collect for woods they’ll need for their cooking and also for their bonfire which left some 8 people behind including Junmyeon and Yixing.

“Hey” Yixing catch up when Junmyeon went back on his tent, he was smiling brightly again, the dimple on his cheek looks so attractive and Junmyeon wish he could have it too “I haven’t introduced my name formally actually so” he added and Junmyeon needs to stop from walking “I’m Zhang Yixing, Tao’s cousin. You know the guy who’s talking to Jongin awhile ago.”

He nodded and he was surprised when the guy stretched his hand asking for a hand shake. He gladly accepts “Junmyeon, Kim Junmyeon.”

 

 

They were silently sitting on the ground covered with dry thick leaves waiting for the two to come back, sometimes looking at each other and smiling awkwardly.

“By the way” Yixing started “what about we shower first on the falls nearby? It was great though, you would love it.”

Junmyeon can imagine the place by the way Yixing described it to him. The fresh and bluish water and the nostalgic smell of the place, he would love to come since he’s been so dirty and smelly but “sorry but I think I need to wait for Jongin.”

“Oh” Yixing snaps “right, yeah.” He nodded “you should.”

 

 

Yixing waved goodbye once Jongin and Zitao arrived, almost all of them went at the nearby falls to freshen their body. Jongin was too tired and immediately sprawled inside the tent.

Junmyeon shakes his head, ‘he’s getting lazy again’ he thought. “Should I cook for our dinner? And do you think they wouldn’t find me at the mansion?” he entered the tent with the now half younger, he ignored it and stares at the messy clothes being thrown out from the bag.

Jongin groans “that would be better” he answered tiredly “since Chanyeol hyung always decline my invitation.”

“Shouldn’t we take a bath too? It’s getting darker” Junmyeon reminded with a nervous tone as he looks outside. It’s really getting dark and the campers were all now getting back from their tent.

“Too tired” he muttered “and we’re not going to cook I have canned foods in there. That’s our dinner for tonight I know you’re tired from climbing up here too.”

Junmyeon rubs his eye and that’s when he realized he’s right, he’s getting sleepy looking at Jongin hugging his pillow. He yawns blinking repeatedly at the setting sun.

 

Before he could groan from the hand shaking his shoulder, a voice woke him up.

“Junmyeon get up. We need to eat for dinner” Jongin said and he opened the lamp he gets from his bag, he has two and he put the other on Junmyeon’s side.

Junmyeon had a hard time opening his eyes, processing what was happening. Not when he smelt the canned sardines Jongin was holding, his stomach grumbles and he used his elbow to support his body.

Jongin looks at him smiling “someone’s hungry.”

 

 

After the quick dinner, Jongin lazily put his used plate on the side, he grab the lamp and went out of the tent.

“We should take a bath.”

Junmyeon was busy drinking water to ask, he looks around. It was too dark to go out. Wouldn’t it be so dangerous? And he doesn’t have any clothes to change too.

“Forget the clothes, I’ll lend you mine.”

Junmyeon took the used plate and his own putting it on the plastic bag beside him and then he looked back at Jongin when the guy snaps.

“But it was too dark!” he whispers loudly as he take a look around. The place was in silent, the tent was all calm, no voices to hear and no other movements except the sound of the insects and the leaves of the tress being swayed by the wind. The lamps inside the tents are only source of lights he could see out of the dark but the moon shines too brightly though and thinks it is still dangerous to go out at night.

“You’re coming? Or I’ll leave you here alone without a lamp?”

 

 

They made their way to the falls Yixing has been telling him awhile ago, despite the darkness, the light coming from the moon and their lamps were enough to show how beautiful the place was. It was a small falls with flowers he wasn’t familiar with being planted around.

Junmyeon feels nostalgic and he put the lamp down while Jongin already dive into the water eagerly, he was too happy Junmyeon could see that.

“Come on! The water was great!” he invited and went near the falling water.

Junmyeon removed his slippers and dip his feet on the water, it’s cold but it was tempting him to hop into. He shyly removes his jacket, and then his pants until the only thing that was left was his boxers. He took a deep breath before slipping his body on the water. He stays there in silent, sometimes sinking his body on the water so his hair gets wet.

“Yah! Come over here, why are you staying at one place?”

“But I don’t know how to swim.”

“Then do the doggy paddle” he said with a grin on his lips.

Junmyeon shakes his head “no thanks.”

Jongin laughs making his way towards him “stupid, the water is shallow, see” and Jongin shows him that the water was only just on his torso.

Junmyeon declined, still not convinced “no thanks, I’m fine here.”

 

 

But Jongin doesn’t accept no this time, he pulls Junmyeon near the falling water although the guy keeps on struggling.

“You wouldn’t feel how beautiful it was if you didn’t come here” the guy keeps on pulling him until they arrived and Junmyeon nervously run his free hand on the falling water, the other hand still holding Jongin.

“It’s cool, right?”

Junmyeon nodded “don’t let me go” he murmured as he dipped his head on the falling water but before he could realize the hand he’s been holding was already long gone. He stop himself from playing at the water and he look around nervously.

“Jo-Jongin?”

And a cold wind passed by, he shivered at the contact. The two lamps were still there but no sign of the younger Kim.

“Jongin?” he called again for the second time, walking near the shallower part of the water “Jongin where are you?”

And then he heard a sudden sound coming from the trees around, one of the lamps’ light had started to shut off. Suddenly there’s a sound of water being splashed, he was too afraid to turn around and so he closed his eyes, he’s shivering but he won’t mind as long as the ghost weren’t there to show.

“Jongin please come out, do-don’t scare me” he murmured. Few more minutes were long gone but Jongin still wasn’t there. And so he bravely opened his eyes.

“Jongin?” he screams, scanning his eyes around the place trembling and then he heard another cracking of the trees. With that, he ran away from the water as fast as he could, forgetting completely of his clothes.

He was too busy running when he bumps into someone’s chest, he tilted his head to see Jongin looking at him curiously. Out of nervousness, he hugged the guy tightly and cried silently.

“You scared me!” he shouted but it turns out into a loud hiccup.

Jongin was confused but his hands run gently on Junmyeon’s back.

“I just went out to check on something.”

Junmyeon’s cry had stop and turn into a low sobs “but I was scared I thought there’s something wrong happened.”

Jongin laughs ridiculously, pulling Junmyeon towards the water again. But Junmyeon struggled “I don’t wanna go back there.”

But Jongin pulls him back “we haven’t finished, and we need to get our clothes back.

 

 

They settle at their tent not a few minutes ago ranting about Junmyeon’c clothes.

Junmyeon raises the shirt Jongin had lent to him, it looks big and it’s freezing cold already, he would really need a sweater.

“But I need sweater and pants” he said trembling as he wraps the towel on his body completely “I also needs socks.”

Jongin rolls his eyes still busy from rummaging his clothes on his big snap bag. He saw his black hoodie and gave it to him, then his large jogging pants. “Don’t pe picky I know they will be bigger for you but just use it.”

Junmyeon pouted, and took the clothes “what about my boxers?” And a spongebob squarepants boxer fell on his face.

“Don’t try to laugh at me and just wear it.”

 

 

Once Jongin entered the tent, since Junmyeon was too shy on wearing his clothes together with him so the younger decided to change outside, it’s cold but with his clothes on, it’ll be enough to warm him.

He entered to see Junmyeon shivering on the corner, he looks at Jongin “I said I need socks” he muttered with his mouth trembling.

Jongin almost laughs, he’s really so sensitive to cold. He ignored him and lays on the sheet lazily, it’s already late and he’s really sleepy. The guy whined at him again “I didn’t bring any, just used my blanket.”

Junmyeon grabs the sheet on his feet and since Jongin has only one pillow, he irritatingly pulled the bag of the teen and rested his head on it.

An hour had passed when Jongin felt the coldness on his feet he shivered and he opened his eyes to see where Junmyeon was. He’s a few inches away from him, his facing his back right now and the older looks so tiny at the way he curls his body with the sheet.

He moved closer to the guy wanting to grab his blanket without asking, he’s Kim Jongin anyway and Junmyeon is just their servant. But he’s too kind to do that and the fact that it was his mistake for not informing Chanyeol clearly. He closed his eyes and whispers at Junmyeon “Junmyeon, we need to share the blanket or else I would die from coldness here.”

Junmyeon only stiffens and then grabs the other edge of the blanket to give Jongin some space. But as Jongin pulled it, the blanket move to his body leaving Junmyeon nothing and that’s when he realize that the blanket was too short.

Junmyeon groans, he’s not fully awake but he tried to find the blanket by fondling it on his back. Jongin sighs before he decided he need to move closer, closer until his breath was already on back of Junmyeon’s neck. He closed his eyes, it’s warmer like this though, and he grabs the other half of the blanket and covers it on Junmyeon’s body.

The latter stop moving and his stable breaths and low snores filled the night, Jongin never felt so warm and calm like this but his stomach couldn’t stop from lurching, as if there were butterflies flying and he couldn’t explain why.

 

 

Junmyeon felt something was grabbing his body closer but he was too sleepy to open his eyes to check it. It’s too early anyway and too cold to get up. But there’s something he’s nuzzling that makes him feel warm, it’s probably the blanket.

Both of them groans when a loud bell rang outside then there’s a loud murmurs.

“Stop the clock” Jongin murmurs and tangled his legs into somewhat he thought was pillow.

Junmyeon as sleepy as he is let the heavy weight fall over his body.

“Wake up!” a loud voice were heard close to their tent. The bell was now louder and Jongin’s ears were already close to damage. Because of the noises it awakens his senses.

“Coming!” he answered and that’s the only time the bell had stopped. He rub his eyes and opened it to adapt to his surrounding, he squint his eyes to check what’s the thing sticking his body. And he jerks away when Junmyeon was silently curled beside him holding his shirt.

This probably disturbs the latter and he groans while slowly opening his eyes, and when he met Jongin’s huge eyes, he smiles “good morning” he greeted, he followed where his hand was to see it was gripping the other’s shirt. “Omo!” he gasped and he suddenly let go of the shirt and got up.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter