Jongin or Kai?

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re late” was Jiyeon’s first words to Luhan as he met her on the front door of the T-Ara café.

Luhan smiles apologetically and holds the hand of the girl as they look for their own table. First real date and yet he already fails. Jiyeon frowns following the guy, she only stops when the guy offered her a seat and then slides himself on the opposite chair.

“The reason?”

Luhan clears his throat “our maid didn’t woke me up early and I forgot to set my alarm.”

Jiyeon rolls her eyes “my gosh Lu, are you just depending on the alarms?”

“I’m sorry, it’s just that I was used to it.”

“I accept this date caus---“

“I’m sorry” Luhan apologize, he holds the girl’s hand and squeeze it to stop the girl from complaining “it won’t happen again.”

Jiyeon feels like being defeated especially when Luhan pouts at him sadly. She puffs her cheeks.

Luhan smiles back. Aegyo is one of his weaknesses, looking at Jiyeon like that makes him even got more attractive to the girl. Jiyeon smiles back after that.

“Okay, I’ll let you past this time” Jiyeon warned him, the expression she was giving was scary, Luhan gulps. “Let’s order?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Is Master Kai okay now?” Luna asked once he’s back at the kitchen for the second time to get some water.

Junmyeon nodded and sat on the stall “I saw him smile today” he reported like it was really an interesting thing, he rest his chin on his hands like a kid and beams at Luna who’s washing the utensils Jongin used.

“Really?” Luna asked and turns a bit so she could see him “that’s right, he used to smile once in a year.”

They both laugh at that remark but stop almost immediately when Mrs. Ham entered looking suspicious at them “go back to work!  Gossipmongers!” she shouted and shooed Junmyeon away.

Junmyeon gave Luna a final look before heading out smiling.

 

 

 

He decided to check on the youngest Kim for the last time, Jongin was still sleeping peacefully. He touch the forehead to check his temperature, luckily it subsides. He smiles, pulling his blanket up unto his chin. He was busy fixing the blanket when a hot palm landed on his wrist and grips it.

He paused to check on the guy. Jongin’s eyes were opened slightly.

“Hey stupid” he addresses.

Junmyeon frowns and tug his hand back “thank you for that wonderful name” he answered sarcastically “just call me when you need something. I’ll be downstairs.”

Jongin laughs lowly “you’re really stupid.”

Junmyeon wanted to claw his face with his fingers, he closed them annoyingly and pouted “stop calling me stupi—“

“Shut up, save your number on my phone, so I can call you if I need something” Jongin ordered and points his phone that was on the table “always bring your phone, remember that.” And the guy turned his back from him, covering his whole body with his sheet.

 

 

 

 

Jongin woke up early that day; he almost ran the stairs so he could arrive at the dining area as fast as he could. His brothers were already there eating. He drums his fingers on the table before he takes his seat beside Baekhyun.

He ignored the strange glances his brothers throwing at him especially Baekhyun who even stop from eating and grab his seat near him.

“Are you still sick?” he asked and touch the youngest’ forehead.

Jongin shakes his head and tap his hyung’s hand away, he taste the food that was served on the table “the food taste good” he muttered and stole Baekhyun’s plate, too lazy to put the food on his own plate “thanks hyung.”

Luhan was only silent, he wipe his mouth to show he was already finished and drink his water “I’m glad you’re happy today” he started although his expression seems serious “did something good happen?”

Chanyeol on the hand was only eating his food. Eyes were only directed on his plate while his brothers keep on teasing each other. He noticed how Jongin glanced every single time at him but he’s ignoring it.

 

 

On the other place, Luna was peeking through the kitchen watching the brothers eat; Junmyeon saw her and decided to join. She taps her shoulder “What are you looking at?”

Luna jerks a bit when a hand landed on her shoulder, she gasps before she immediately covered and points towards the dining area “look, it’s so unusual to see them eat together.”

Junmyeon checks where Luna was pointing at and she was right, it was the first time to see them eat together like that, so noisy and happy. He nodded although he has a feeling Chanyeol wasn’t really joining his brothers “you’re right.”

“They look cute together, right?” and another voice joined in, a very sweet sweet voice. The two maids nodded together and smiles at each other. But Junmyoen’s eyes narrowed when the voice spoke again, Luna on the other hand was nervously smiling at him, it was too late for them to realize the owner of the voice were actually not theirs.

“Are we here to work or to gossip?” and the two both turn to see Mrs. Ham, the sweet voice changes. The way her hands crossed on her chest scared the two, if looks could only kill both of them are already dead “what? Answer me!”

“Work!” Luna answered first and ran away from them “gonna go wash the clothes.”

Junmyoen sheepishly smiles at Mrs. Ham. But the old woman was not impressed, she raises her left eyebrow at him “you! Go in there and served the soup now! That was master Chanyeol’s favorite.”

“But—I, it was Luna’s wo---I was just co—“

“Oh so are you being fussy now? So you want me to be the one to serve it for them Master Junmyeon?” Mrs. Ham asked sarcastically. Junmyeon noticed the wrinkles on her forehead for the way she raises her eyebrows at him.

“I—I was just thinking it would be better if it’s you because they treat you as their second mom and besides they might just get mad at me and--“ but he was too late when Mrs. Ham shoves the tray with four bowls of soup in his hands.

The old woman smirks “that’s what I like to be honest.”

Junmyeon could only roll his eyes walking towards the dining table, she really is a villain. Once he arrived, he bows his head and greeted them “good morning.” And put the bowls on the table really really gentle, scared that he might disturb their bonding.

“Morning Princess” Baekhyun was the first one to greet him, he took the bowl of soup and tasted. He smiles once he tasted it and gave him thumbs up “delicious.”

“Hey stupid” Jongin waves his hand smirking at him.

Junmyeon replied him with a disdain look, Chanyeol noticed it. “I told you I have a name Kai stop calling me stupid!” he reminded the maknae but seems like Chanyeol didn’t like the way he acted.

“You, stop right there.”

Junmyeon did stop, he was holding the tray tightly, he knows he did something that didn’t like the guy again.

“Did you just complain right in front of us?”

Junmyeon swallowed hard, he turn so he could look at Chanyeol as a sign of respect “I just reminded him…I’m so--” if only Junmyeon could answer back he did, but he doesn’t want to fight with him anymore. Now that he already experience how he looks scary when he’s mad, and he still could not forget his first day, he already got slapped. And that day he reminded himself not to fight back anymore. He sighs, he even hates hearing him saying sorry. He just lowered his head as an apology.

“This is why I hate maids! You’re working for us of course you should accept everything we said and order to you! You don’t have any right to complain!”

“Chanyeol, stop it” Luhan warned and get up to hold the guy’s body to put him back on his seat “you’re getting out---“

“No hyung! I’ll just remind him he doesn’t have the right to complain here. He accepted the job right? He fights back a lot don’t you remember? And now he’s complaining?”

“So-sorry” Junmyeon apologized again and ran to the nearest exit so the argument could already stop.

 

 

He went to the garden to calm himself down, he’ll help Luna later. He just needs to clear his mind out. He’s getting tired and tired everyday, it’s even worse compared to those guys who flirt at him at the restaurant. He needs the job. Yeah, but why does he feel like he’s already giving up?

He heave a deep sighs repeatedly before he sit on the ground facing the potted flowers in front of him. He touch the petals, it’s already dying. The soil was dry and the plants inside doesn’t look healthy. He sighs from the nth time and took the potted plant towards the table.

“You’re dying” he muttered since it’s not bad to talk with the plants sometimes, at least they can listen to him and the fact that they can never judge him. “I’ll keep you and help you live.” And without expecting a tear was already sliding on his cheek. He wipes it immediately and smiles “why am I even crying? Silly me” he spoke towards the plant and touch the petals “till when will I stop pretending I’m strong enough?”

“Junmyeon?”

A voice called for his name, it was him again. As expected he was always there. He just hope he would stay like that until he needs him, until the time he gives up.

He tilted his head to meet his gaze “Luhan.”

The oldest Kim went towards him, he seated beside him right on the bench he was sitting. He smiles at him “are you okay?”

Junmyeon didn’t hesitate to nod “I’m fine.”

But Luhan didn’t fail to hear his voice cracked in the end.

“Baekhyun told you already right? He’s a mood swinger.” He reminded referring to Chanyeol.

Junmyeon tried so hard to smile at his remark. He shifted so he could seat comfortably. He was looking directly at the plant when Luhan spoke.

“I think this garden needs new plants. They are almost dying.”

‘Yeah, like your family, your relationship with each other, it was almost falling already’ Junmyeon thought. He sighs and grabs the plant “no. I’ll help the gardener bring back the life of these plants.”

Luhan cast him a curious glance “don’t tell me you love gardening?”

Jumyeon smiles at the way Luhan looks at him like it was so surprising to know someone loves gardening.

“I like that smile” he muttered again at him “I was thinking if I won’t see them for today but I was wrong.”

Junmyeon’s cheek suddenly heated up, he looks away smiling. Luhan was chuckling beside him but he was lucky he didn’t notice the way his cheek reddened.

“So you like gardening Junmyeon?”

Junmyeon shakes his head once he gets his composure back “not really, I just watched mom every time she visit our garden but she used to explain to me the things she did to her plants. Until it’s already my habit to water my mom’s plants every morning it only stopped when I started living independently.”

Luhan nodded “it only shows your mom taught you a lot” he said a bit jealous, and he looks at the plant in front of them “I wish I could meet her someday.”

Junmyeon chuckles “I’m sure she would love to see you. We actually have flower shop, we could visit her sometimes.”

Luhan was pleased, he nodded “so, are you feeling better now?”

Junmyeon nodded again.

Luhan smiles, the next thing he does surprised Junmyeon, he suddenly draw his face near him just a few cm, they’re lips could almost touch already. Junmyeon’s faced suddenly heated up again, making his pale cheek acquire a deep shade of red “you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter