Party or Disaster?

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun held a meeting with his brothers that day. He even begged Luhan to come home for the weekend and asked the other two not to leave the house which they followed after a lot of beggings and cursings, of course. “We’re here to plan for mom’s birthday. I guess you already know this already.”

Jongin boredly placed his feet on the table “yeah.”

Baekhyun seated next to Luhan “so hyung what is your plan?”

“Surprised her?”

“Perfect!” Baekhyun claps his hand exaggeratedly. “I was planning if we could sing a song for her.”

Chanyeol scowled “dad would be mad at me.”

“He won’t spoil it” Baekhyn taps his younger brother’s shoulder to assure him “I already told dad about it and he agreed. Luhan-hyung will play for the piano, I will sing, you will do the rap and Jongin will be the one to give the bouquet of flowers as he ends the song.”

“Nice idea dork” Jongin smirked and Baekhyun has to glare at him for a minute because it sounds he is mocking him not praising him.

“I’m in” Chanyeol said and stood up “call me for practice I need to go. I’m really busy.”

 

----

“Hi sunbae” greeted the tall blonde guy and approach Chanyeol in his seat. This was the teen with the same age as Jongin who just started into music industry. He has to admit he’s a good dancer and a rapper. His Entertainment decided to have them collaborated a song and luckily it hit the chart since yesterday.

“Sehun, right?”

“Yes” the teen bowed in front of him “Chanyeol-sunbaenim I came here to thank you.”

“For what?” he asked.

“For letting me have a collaboration with you.”

Chanyeol stopped himself from tuning his guitar and looked at the teen like the way he looked at Jongin when the maknae asked him for help “you remind me of my brother. But anyway, are you studying?”

“Yeah” he nodded “at SM University, I’ll be graduating soon this year.”

“That’s good” Chanyeol suddenly remembered about his mom’s birthfday. He looked for something in his bag.

“What’s this?” asked Sehun who took the invitation card wrapped in a white sheet with golden linings.

“An invitation for my mom’s birthday, come over will you? So you could meet my brother that I’ve been telling you.”

“Wow! Of course I would love to sunbae!”

“Don’t call me sunbae just hyung is fine.”

-----

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Jongin asked Junmyeon, he was referring to the invitation about the party he was invited. Amber’s birthday. And his friends came for Jongin to ask him but he wasn’t around that time.

“Sorry I forgot” Junmyeon apologized, he tried to fix Jongin’s tie but the latter slaps his hand away.

“So that’s it?”

“I got too excited about your mom’s birthday that I forgot about it.” It was a lame excuse but he only wanted the teen to stopped drinking and partying for a while.

Jongin clicked his tongue; they were inside his room since he called Junmyeon inside to help him fix his suit.  And it’s been a week since they chatted like this but then unfortunately they’re fighting again. “You weren’t even invited.”

Junmyeon doesn’t know if Jongin did mean it or he was just annoyed that’s why, but he still felt disappointed but he did his best to force a smile anyway “I was excited for you not for myself.”

“Junmyeon could you not pretend it was okay for you!”

“What do you want me to do?” Junmyeon dared to ask. He’s starting to get fed up with his behavior and at some point he’d be gone furious in no time but he was trying his best not to. “Get mad at you?”

“Weren’t you?”

“You’re tiring!”

“Then let’s just break up!”

“What? Just for this we’re breaking up? Aren’t we going to talk about this calmly?!”

Jongin sarcastically laughed, he saw Junmyeon put his suit on his bed. His eyes were asking for explanation. His obviously angry but he was suppressing it.

“I’m dating Krystal back, I hope you know that.”

He didn’t see that coming but suddenly he felt a strung on his cheek.

/Slap!/

Junmyeon was trying himself not to get furious but he couldn’t whenever he got reminded by Krystal’s name.

Jongin rubs his cheek as he watch Junmyeon leaves his room, the slap made him feel nostalgic, it seems familiar.

----

The party was held at a lavish banquet hotel owned by Kim, it was one of those famous hotel in Seoul.

The Kim Brothers arrived a few minutes after the party formally starts. As expected, the guests couldn’t keep their eyes at them, some were amused and some admired how well-dress and handsome they are. Every now and then they bow every time they saw someone familiar at the crowd.

“What a good looking boys.”

“They’re completely the opposite of the word tough weren’t they?” Mrs. Cha asked the person beside her, she was one of the closest friends of Kim family.

Junmyeon, Mrs. Ham and Luna arrived not a few minutes later. Junmyeon wasn’t planning to attend but Baekhyun reminded him, telling him he wanted to see him tonight. Luhan didn’t spoke to him but his eyes were asking him to come too. 

They all wore white, which is the theme for the party. Mrs. Ham in a silky dress, she even used her pearls. Luna wore a cocktail white dress and put a light make-up while he chose to wear his white long sleeves and a bowtie paired with black fitted pants. Now he’s not sure but he suddenly looked like one of the waiters.

“Wow” Luna gasped at how huge the hotel was.

They entered the hall. Everyone looked good in their suits and expensive dresses with their sparkly jewelries. Some were totally well known individuals.

“Look at that” Luna pointed at the crowd “they look totally rich.”

They stopped right at the back where the food was being served. He noticed the hall filled with tulips and some flowers, he couldn’t see any single roses inside. He smiled endlessly it’s probably Baekhyun’s suggestions.

“That’s Mrs. Kim” Mrs. Ham pointed at the woman standing at the center of the hall holding a drink. Finally after a long time, Junmyeon can now actually see her, she looked really beautiful in her white dress showing off her porcelain skin, she looked a bit like Baekhyun when she smiles, her dress elongated her figure and she was mesmerizing.

Then crowd stopped murmuring when someone spoke in front, then they heard someone played a piano and a familiar voice started singing.

The song the Kims’ singing was probably Mrs. Kim’s favorite because she couldn’t stop herself from smiling, then a man, who looked a lot like Chanyeol from afar went beside her and held his hand.

“That’s probably Mr. Kim” he heard Luna whispered.

Mrs. Kim was almost teary eyed when his youngest son gave her a bouquet of flowers and ended the song with a free style rap. Everyone shared a loud cheers and claps including Mr. Kim who hug Jongin right after.

Junmyeon was wondering why Kris and Vernon were not present at the party. He couldn’t see them anywhere, he was expecting to see the kid but it felt like they weren’t invited or did something happened?

Junmyeon noticed the uneasiness of Chanyeol when his dad pats his shoulder as he gave a slight smile and hug his other sons.

The basses and cellos began to play. Mr. Kim offered a hand to Mrs. Kim, soon everyone started joining the dance. After that, Luhan asked for his mom’s hand, then Baekhyun dance with her right after. Junmyeon can hear the crowd behind them murmuring something like ‘sweet sons and handsome Kims.’ If they only knew what they really are. This made Junmyeon sighs deeply.

Mrs. Kim was dancing with Chanyeol when Mrs. Ham and Luna decided to have a taste on the delicious food prepared on the table but Junmyeon already lost his appetite since his fight with Jongin

-----

“That was a good ending” Krystal whispered at Jongin once he’s finished dancing with her mom. Jongin felt satisfied, completely forgetting about the fight he had with Junmyeon awhile ago.

“That is a Kim’s charisma, remember?” he teased and flashed a smile at the girl he once believed he would love forever. They fight, they broke up, they made-up, it’s just the same thing they did over and over which probably cause Krystal to end their relationship. “Shall we dance?” he offered his hand.

Krystal didn’t hesitate to give her hand “my pleasure Mr. Kim Jongin.”

The teen placed a kiss in her hand before they walked at the center.  Jongin stared at her face, before gently grabbing her waist and they started to sway at the harmony of the music like a real couple.

Junmyeon decided to look for Jongin when he vanished out of his sight. He wanted to atleast say sorry to him for what he did awhile ago.

Luckily he saw him walking towards a small crowd beside Mrs. Kim but the next thing he saw made him feel uncomfortable and jealous. He saw him talking to Krystal, what’s even more surprising was when he asked her to dance and they look at each other’s eyes lovingly. His mouth went dry, he stand there in froze, he only managed to sigh when Luna placed a comforting hand at his back, she probably saw it too.

“Do you wanna go somewhere else? Or we could jus go ho—“

“I’m just going to the cr” he excused himself. He wouldn’t want to ruin this party that Luna waited for. He’ll just loosen up a bit.

-----

“Could you stop still will you?!” Chanyeol irritably whispers at his hyung. Baekhyun couldn’t stop himself from peeping through the side, as if looking for something impossible.

“You’re looking for Taeyeon noona or what?”

Just in time he muttered the name, Taeyeon was with Luhan making their way towards them. She looked perfectly beautiful in her white and blue dress showing off her perfect shoulders.

“Hey Taeyeon noona” Chanyeol waved his hand and greeted her while Baekhyun was still uneasy as if he didn’t saw her and instead he continue searching through the crowd.

Luhan offered Taeyeon’s hand on Baekhyun and the latter was a bit surprise “why don’t you go for a dance with this beautiful lady Baekhyun?”

Taeyeon shyly smiled but when she couldn’t wait for the latter to initiate the first move, he quickly grabs his hand and pulled him at the center.

“Who’s he looking?” Luhan asked Chanyeol as they watch their brother who is hesitating to dance with Taeyeon. He took a glass of champagne at the table and sipped it.

“Who knows?”

“I wonder where are Mrs. Kim and the others?”

Chanyeol shrugs with disinterest. They arrived a bit late and the hall was filled with a lot of people, who would saw Junmyeon in a huge crowd and only stays at one spot?

“Hi Luhan!” they both turned at the person who owned that familiar voice, she batted her eyelashes when Luhan smiled at her.

“I didn’t know you were invited?” Chanyeol asked her with a sarcastic tone.

“We were invited by your mom and not you” she raised an eyebrow at Chanyeol but the latter rolled his eyes back at her. Then she turned at Luhan “your mom was so beautiful. And the performance was great!”

“Thanks” Chanyeol responded instead “you don’t need to pretend you were amuse it’s annoying.”

Jiyeon wasn’t surprised at his rude response and instead directed her gaze only at Luhan “shall we dance? Perfect! I can see a single spot in there.”

Luhan smiled at her and loosened her neck tie. He was actually planning not to dance with anyone right now except for her mom but he changed his mind right after he saw Junmyeon walking towards the exit completely ignoring the girl. “Junmyeon?”

“Can we?” Jiyeon asked for the second time but she was wondering why did that servant even came? But it’s no problem she prepared a wonderful gift for him.

“Sorry I can’t” she heard him answered and just left without even shaking his hand for a formal greeting or even compliment her dress, she’s never felt badly rejected like this. It’s even more annoying when Chanyeol hideously laugh at her.

Chanyeol thought he would be the only one without a date but then it turned out that Luhan was also ignoring every girl that was hitting on him. He’s doing the same though, he doesn’t want to flirt with someone who’m he’d barely knew.

“Hey Junmyeon wait!” Luhan did his best to reach for Junmyeon’s hand but then people behind keeps on blocking his way. The music was a bit loud so he probably couldn’t hear him. “Junmye—“

“Luhan!” suddenly someone grabs his hand and pulled him from the corner, he turned hoping that Junmyeon was still there but he could only see was a crowd walking here and there.

“Dad?”

“I want you to meet my newest business partner, Mr. Park and his family.”

Luhan bowed in front of them respectively, he wanted to escape this immediately but it turned out that Mr. Park was more interested at talking to him.

“Luhan, Mr. Park’s daughter said she knows you. Have you met her?”

“Who?” he asked curiously but his eyes grew bigger when his dad points at the girl on a black dress right beside Chanyeol “Jiyeon???”

“Can you accompany her for a little while son?”

-------

Junmyeon was being bumped and squeezed into several people as he was on his way towards the exit. A couple of teens, mostly girls were crowded around the hall. They were taking pictures to a particular person behind it, he was tall but he couldn’t see his face. It was probably some of those famous people that teenage girls get attracted to.

He wouldn’t get noticed by most people that time if it’s not one of the teen who accidentally pushed him aside and he fell on the floor.

“You’re blocking!” shouts the teen at him instead of apologizing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter