Madness

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy first day of July!” Baekhyun yelled inside the mansion. He’s on his university uniform and was holding a huge box of chocolates. All the maids’ eyes were on him and were all amuse how cute he was.

“Come on don’t be afraid at me” he said and went upstairs humming a song excitedly. The maids giggle at him but no one dared to ask who he was looking for. “Where is everybody?” he tried to look for his brothers but no one seems to be there.

“Where are they?” he asked running down the stairs.

“They are all in school master Baekhyun” Mrs. Ham answered for him. She went out of her room immediately after she heard Baekhyun’s loud voice.

“No one went home?”

“No one except you.”

The teen sighs disappointedly, scratch his head then stared at the chocolates in his hand “I even woke up early to buy these.”

Mrs. Ham smiled at him and then rubs a comforting hand in his back “you can stay for the night though.”

“We will not be complete, Luhan-hyung wasn’t home right?”

Mrs. Ham nodded. Luhan didn’t even make a call since then, the last call they got from him was when he was asking for Junmyeon to deliver his files. Baekhyun scowled, he looks really disappointed. They stayed silent for a minute. Then a rushing Junmyeon walk passed by them, he saw Baekhyun and he smiled at him.

The latter’s face lights up and waved at him “hi Junmyeon! How’s your day?”

“Fine” Junmyeon answered walking towards the hallway. Baekhyun catch up with him while Mrs. Ham look pleased, usually at times like this Baekhyun would create a raucous and he will get into trouble outside with anyone. He’s got that attitude since he was a kid especially if he doesn’t get any attention, he got tantrums. This is probably the reason why Mr. Kim, their father, likes him a lot. He needed complete attention and they need to watch him carefully.

“Are you busy?” Baekhyun asked as he catches up on Junmyeon’s pace. The servant nodded twice. “To where?”

“I need to help Luna wash the mattresses.”

“Don’t we have maids for that? Why are you still tiring yourself? Mom said you should only look for us.”

“Oh sorry” he apologized, honestly he couldn’t stay still if he just stays there doing nothing. “I’m bored so I decided to just help.”

Beekhyun grabs his hand and forced him to go back at the living room “then why don’t we go to Chanyeol and Jongin’s school and get them.”

“What?” he asked a bit confused if he really heard it correct.

“Don’t make me repeat it” Baekhyun laughs awkwardly “I mean it.”

“Don’t want to” Junmyeon declined pulling his hand on Baekhyun’s grip. He doesn’t want to see Chanyeol, definitely not today. “I need to---“

“What?!” Baekhyun was bewildered but there was something wrong at the way he looked at him, the grip became tighter and Junmyeon gasped in pain “did you just say no Junmyeon?”

Junmyeon was frightened and he tried to look for help. He saw the maids trembled amd in shock as they try to ignore them. They were like invisible that no one could feel. He opened his mouth until he realized that Baekhyun has this attitude where he doesn’t want anyone declining his invitation. He saw Mrs. Ham shaking her head at him, warning him with different signs he couldn’t understand but all he knew was one thing, he should agree.

“Sorry” he apologize. “Baekhyun…” he gasped in pain for the second time, the grip became tighter “you’re hurting me.”

“Say…did you just---“

“Sorry” he cuts him off and held his other arm “I didn’t mean to say that. I will come with you.”

 

 

 

Junmyeon anxiously followed Baekhyun inside the university Jongin and Chanyeol was enrolled at. Once in a while, some of the students would look at their way. He was too embarrassed to look at the people eye to eye. ‘I shouldn’t be here’ he mentally muttered and has to get a grip of himself.

“Now where is Chanyeol’s department?” Baekhyun asked to no one as he wanders his eyes around. No person seems familiar with him. He knew about Krystal, Jongin’s ex-girlfriend but she wasn’t anywhere around.

“Excuse me” he grabs one of the girls passing by. The girl was astonished and she just stared at Baekhyun silently “do you know where is the music room? I’m looking for Chanyeol.”

The girl’s eyes grew bigger “Kim? Kim Chan Yeol? Are you Kim Baek Hyun?”

Baekhyun nodded.

“You just walk straight right to that corner and and go upstairs, music room is in that building.”

Baekhyun left the girl without a word and Junmyeon ended up giving thanks to her. The girl appreciated although her eyes were still sparkling while looking at Baekhyun’s back. Junmyeon was already far away but he can still hear the giggles coming from the girl and her friends.

They arrived in front of a black door. Totally the same as Chanyeol’s door at the mansion and he wasn’t surprise. He is Kim he definitely can do whatever he wants.

Baekhyun knocked three times. They waited until the door opens. Junmyeon just stands there silently, Baekhyun has been ignoring him since the whole ride but the good thing was that didn’t let go of his hand when they entered the gate especially that there were lots of students entering the school.

“Hey open the door!” Baekhyun yelled.

“I dare you to leave before I make up my mind!” yelled the other one on the door and Junmyeon was sure it was Chanyeol.

“I said open the door!”

Junmyeon wants to facepalm, seriously? How could they make a scene without even caring what would other people say?

“How dare you shout in front of my music roo—hyung?” Chanyeol’s eyes grew bigger in surprise “I didn’t thought….sorry.” And he opened the door widely so he could enter. Chanyeol saw him but didn’t even bother to ask him inside. He saw his friends playing the guitar and some lying on the floor with some girls beside them.

He decided to just go on the corner and leaned on the wall hoping he could wait for them. He got bored until he decided to leisurely walk on that building. It was huge and wide and he couldn’t help but get amuse. They were Kim afterall; of course they should be in a prestigious school. He didn’t make a turn, just walking on the hallway checking every name of the room. Then he noticed a dance studio. He was so curious to hear the song being played, he tried to look at the window but it was covered with curtain luckily someone had pulled it aside. They were talking animatedly as he keeps on peeping. Then his lips formed a wonderful smile when he saw Jongin inside teasing with the others.

He saw him laughing until one guy pushed a girl on Jongin’s side, the girl look so familiar to him but he couldn’t remember where she saw her. The one with blonde and short hair girl was watching them silently on the side as Jongin grabs the girl on the waist.

Junmyeon can see that they were cheering at them, until one of them yelled and Jongin smirks at the girl before pulling her nearer and landed his lips on hers. Junmyeon was so surprised. He stands there in frozen but when he noticed that someone was looking at him and soon it sink in his mind that they were the same people at the camp and he was sure it was Yixing looking at him from inside. He ran away quickly, praying that Yixing wouldn’t remember him.

 

 

Jongin’s friend cheered after Jongin and Krystal’s showdown, they were practicing for the new choreography made by the two. But then suddenly, Sooyoung pushed Krystal on Jongin’s side for the group’s little entertainment. Tao wants something naughty and he pull the curtain on the side so he could show what they were doing inside if anyone passed by.

“Jongin show us what you and Krystal always do when the practice is over.”

Jongin has always this naughty side and he wants to prove it so he quickly grabs Krystal on the waist.

Everyone cheered again except for Amber who just sits there watching them silently.

“Come on do it!”

And Jongin didn’t wait for another dare and kissed Krystal deeply while everyone was watching.

Yixing was shaking his head, he’s used with this kind of Jongin’s attitude and he was a bit uncomfortable looking at him kissing his ex-girlfriend. It just happen that he looked on the window when he saw someone so familiar. He tried to verify him if it was Junmyeon but then he already ran away before he could walk near the window.

 

 

Junmyeon walked away without even looking in front of him until he bumped into someone.

“Sorry” he muttered trying to hold back the tears. The one he bumped into didn’t speak and just held his arms to check on him before it spoke.

“You okay?” he asked and Junmyeon was thankful it was Baekhyun. He has this worried expression in his face “I’m sorry I left you outside. Chanyeol here didn’t even invite you.”

“Why are you blaming me? I opened the door widely for you two” Chanyeol defended himself.

“It’s fine” he only muttered.

“Did you see the dance room? Jongin said he was there.”

Junmyeon didn’t answer.

“Oh just in time” Baekhyun snapped since everyone was already exiting the dance room and then saw Jongin waving his hand at them. But froze a bit when he saw Junmyeon beside his hyung and he’s confused why he could not look into his eyes.

“Hi…I didn’t think Junmyeon was here.”

Baekhyun laughs and pulled him on the shoulder “I want us to be complete but then Luhan-hyung couldn’t come so I just invited him.”

Chanyeol sighs in distaste “why didn’t you just text us the place and wait for us there?”

“I’m not dumb” Baekhyun muttered “I know one of you will not come.”

 

 

 

Junmyeon watched Jongin silently as he swallowed the pill. He didn’t speak to him since dinner and Jongin was a bit curious.

“Hey….” he finally opened his mouth “are you okay?”

Junmyeon nodded.

“Were you….there?”

“There?”

Jongin went beside him “Yixing said he saw you and I thought he was just hallucinating….”

“I…it wasn’t me.” Junmyeon lied and he doesn’t know why he’s so afraid of admitting it to Jongin that he saw him kissing someone.

“I am not dumb Junmyeon. You saw it, right?”

“Saw what?”

Jongin laughs sarcastically “me kissing Krystal.”

Junmyeon sighs deeply in disappointment “yeah.”

The younger held his hands lovingly and then rubbed it using his thumb “it was just a dare, okay? You don’t need to worry about it, as long as you’re with me, I will always be here for you. They were just past time.”

‘Past time’ those words felt a pang on Junmyeon’s heart. A past time? So he usually does that every day at school or probably even more than that? Well what does he expect from an 18 year-old Kim, of course they do that. He doesn’t know what he should do, cry in front of him? Punch him? Argue with him?

Jongin kisses his hands “Just trust me, okay? Good night.”

Chanyeol happened to passed by and saw his dongsaeng and Junmyeon on the kitchen talking. He accidentally overheard about what Jongin was saying and suddenly felt sorry for Junmyeon.

“He’s Kim Jongin…you just can’t change him easily” he muttered and left the two. They knew about Jongin’s habit, he dated anyone he likes and whenever he’s at school. And it would be better to not mind his business or he will cause trouble. And he’s still young, he still doesn’t really know what love really means.

 

 

 

“Are you okay?” Luna asked Junmyeon that morning when they were at the kitchen to take some rest. She touched his forehead worriedly.

To be honest Junmyeon’s head has been aching for three days already. He couldn’t stop thinking about Jongin. What kind of relationship do they really have and what does he should do?

“Junmyeon?”

“I’m fine. I just felt dizzy.”

“What?” Luna gasped in surprise “Junmyeon is there really something wrong? You can just tell me.”

“Heck yeah” Junmyeon answered staring blankly at the wall, then walk out of the kitchen feeling light headed “I don’t know what to do.”

Luna followed him confusedly “Junmyeon what’s wrong with you?”

 

 

 

He went to the market alone as an excuse for himself not to be in contact with anyone. Luna keeps on bugging him what’s wrong and it just make him think unclearly. He’s on the way from the market when a text message came. He quickly opened to see that it was from a new number.

Hi. It’s Luhan. I haven’t heard anything from you, is everything fine?

He quickly replied him with ‘Everything is fine.’

He got a quick reply of a smiley and a follow-up ‘call you later’ message. And suddenly, he felt giggling inside and forgot about Jongin for the mean time which forced himself to slap his own cheek.

“Get a grip on yourself Junmyeon” he keeps on whispering in his breathes.

He was on his way to wait for taxi when he passed a steep corner and saw some teenagers fighting. It seems that they were into gang fight, and saw how the red haired-guy punches a guy that looks somewhat familiar. He moves forward until it was clear to him that it was Chanyeol being beaten by two guys, his friends were already knock down on the pavement. He suddenly felt nervous and he doesn’t know what to do.  Luckily he saw a police car parking at the corner of the market. He quickly called for their help.

He was with the police when the gang leader saw him pointing at them. Once they saw the police, they ran away with their motorbikes. Junmyeon ran quickly on Chanyeol’s side and helped him get up.

“Do you want to go to the hospital?” he asked, casting a worried glance at him and to his friends.

Chanyeol grunted hard and pulled Junmyeon’s hand for support.

“Yah!” one of the police officer yelled at them “gang fights are strictly prohibited, do you know the consequences?!”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes “officer, my friends needed to go to the hospital we don’t have time for your old rules.”

“What about you?” Junmyeon asked him.

“I will be fine, it’s just a scratch.”

“Aish” the officer looked at him with askance “trying to be a cool boyfriend wouldn’t make him feel amused” he muttered and pushed Chanyeol’s friends inside the car “you’re only making him worried, see?” and he points at Junmyeon’s furrowed eyebrow.

“Be thankful this guy saw you” the other officer said and gave Chanyeol a good look before entering the police car.

“They started the fight. That gang” Chanyeol replied instead “I don’t have time to explain anymore. We only did a self defense.”

 

 

 

Mrs. Ham was so worried when he saw Chanyeol’s bruises on the face, she keeps on asking the teen but he wasn’t answering and locked himself on his room instead.

“He was into gang fight.” Junmyeon answered when Mrs. Ham asked him.

The old woman sighs in frustration.

“It’s not new” Luna shrugs and ordered the maids who were listening to go back to their work.

“Junmyeon, you’re the only one I can trust now” Mrs. Ham held his hand firmly “the medical kit was on the cabinet in my room, the white one. I’ll give the responsibility to you.”

“What?!” he tried to decline but then old maid left already and took the things he bought towards the kitchen “this isn’t fair! I’m gonna get kick out of his room!”

No matter how many times he tried really hard to convince himself not to go but still felt guilty and ended up knocking Chanyeol’s room. He saw how Chanyeol got hit in his back. And his face was full of cuts and his knuckles were damage too.

He knocked the door for the second time since it was obviously locked.

“Hello, open the door sir.”

“Shut up!” Chanyeol yelled from inside.

“It was an order.”

“That was an order too!”

Junmyeon shrugs since he’s already been used to Chanyeol’s stubbornness and coldness. “Guess I can’t do anything but to use the key.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter