Happy Ending!

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a heavy and obnoxious breakfast that morning, the two youngest went out a little bit early for their classes, Chanyeol keeps on giving Junmyeon a worried look. Baekhyun left the house right after three men in suits drag him out of the house because their father asked him to come into his office. Luhan didn’t join them in their breakfast which isn’t a surpise.

Chanyeol insisted on giving Junmyeon a ride back home but the latter declined.

He was preparing his things when Luhan suddenly entered his room, wearing a blinding smile. He looks cute in his pajamas and it’s probably one of the things Junmyeon had missed.

“Hey” he waved his hand awkwardly “I thought, maybe you could extend your stay here?”

Junmyeon shakes his head “I can’t. My grandma wouldn’t let me. I’ve only told her two days.”

“Then what about going out together before you leave?”

Junmyeon chuckled “is this some kind of a farewell outing?”

Luhan laughed dryly “Junmyeon please don’t make it sound like it’s the end.”

*

*

That night, after the three arrived from school they decided to have dinner at their favorite restaurant. Went to karaoke, sings a lot of songs until they’re out of voices, of course it was Baekhyun who sang a lot.

Junmyeon missed this sight, where the four enjoy themselves together. They look like a family no one could ever break. Junmyeon watched them in awe, as the three of them entangled Baekhyun from the mic since he couldn’t stop singing girl groups songs and it’s annoying them already.

“Hey” Jongin nudged him “enjoying?”

He nodded. This feels nostalgic. Jongin acting carefree and simply enjoying himself. “Don’t drink too much” he warned and took the cup Junmyeon was holding.

“Don’t worry” Junmyeon chuckled “it’s just a juice.”

“With a bit of alcohol” the younger added and gave him water.

Chanyeol saw the two talking happily, just like in the past where Junmyeon fell hopelessly in love with Jongin’s smile and sweet gestures. He took deep breathes as jealousy creeps in and the alcohol that’s giving him the cold feeling, he made steps towards them but someone hold him back, it was Baekhyun shaking his head at him. He looked at Luhan, the latter was saying the same thing he clearly got the message, Jongin and Junmyeon needs to talk.

He nodded before following Baekhyun fakely stumbling out on the door, Luhan chuckled at them “hey guys need to check those drunkards out there. We’’ll be back.”

Junmyeon smiled at him as Jongin waved his hand back chuckling.

“Never thought Baekhyun acts like that when he’s drunk” said Junmyeon chuckling.

“Was that the first time you saw him drunk?”

Junmyeon nodded shyly hiding his smile.

“Now you know what a drunk Baekhyun is.”

Silence.

They shot glances once in a while but Junmyeon was always the first one to look away.

“How bout you sing a song this time?” Jongin offered to break the awkward silence.

Junmyeon shook his head “not a good singer!”

“Come on!” Jongin teasingly shoves the songbook in his hand “just one please? I really….wanna hear you sing.”

“Okay but just one.”

Junmyeon had already finished the song but still the three haven’t come back, Jongin couldn’t stop checking his watch too.

“You think they already left?”

Jongin shrugs “I don’t know, it’s already past twelve. We should go” he stood, took Jumyeon’s jacket and voluntarily put it on the latter “take your jacket, its freezing cold outside.”

“Thanks.”

They look around outside hoping that the three would come out but it seems that they are nowhere to be seen.

“Did they just leave us?!” Jongin asked half annoyed and half laughing “come on, we should get inside that store while waiting for the car.”

Junmyeon nodded following Jongin.

“Hey” Jongin nudged Junmyeon on the shoulder “you’ve got such an amazing voice. Like an angel’s” the teen tries to hide his blushed and looked away.

Junmyeon smiled awkwardly, heat creeps in his cheeks because of the praise he received “well, thanks I never thought someone would love my voice.”

“It was really amazing.”

Silence.

“Junmyeon?”

“Hm?”

“What will you do after this whole thing?”

Junmyeon sniffs as the cold starting to creeped in inside his cheeks and nose “I’ll move on definitely and probably enter college.”

“That’s….great” the latter replied that sounds disappointed or something that Junmyeon couldn’t explain. “We’ll be entering college next year then.”

Junmyeon nodded in agreement.

“I guess I should face the consequences that I did in the past” the teen chuckled lightly “I’m really sorry for everything I know it’s too late but…” he looked at Junmyeon who’s already looking back at him “letting you go was the only thing I regretted the most.”

“Jongin….”

“But anyway” the latter looked away not wanting to let Junmyeon see his tears forming “it helped me think maturely. Thank you Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon stayed silent feeling a bit guilty for Jongin but he knew in fact his feelings will fade away slowly, sooner, once he’s out of his life. Once he’s out of their sight.

“There…are things I wanted to happen. Like I don’t know if you would want to hear this but” once he saw the blank look on Junmyeon’s face, he paused and shook his head regretfully “nevermind I think we should----“

“Go on” Junmyeon cuts him off “I wanna hear it. I wanna know your plans. I wanna know what you want or what you like” he smiles bitterly “for the last time” the last words came off whisper and he wasn’t sure if Jongin heard it.

“Well I wanted you to stay with us for a longer time that’s for sure” Jongin smiled trying to hide away the pain “but definitely I want to see you on Christmas, I want to spend the time with you on New Year, lighting fireworks with you. Eat chocolates on Valentine’s Day with you and most probably I want you…I want you on my graduation.”

He paused with a remorse look “I want to be with you…”

He didn’t get a reply when both of them get startled to hear Jongin’s ringtone. “It’s Luhan-hyung” he said waving his phone “says they’re home. I think we should too.”

*

*

Before the four of them could even have breakfast together, they were already expecting an empty guest room with a note that says ‘I’m off and see you when I see you’ sounding like an unconvincing goodbye.

Jongin didn’t leave his room that day.

Luhan was the only one who faced the dining table and was later joined by Baekhyun who’s feeling a bit stiff with his hangover.

“You think they had a good talk?”

Luhan was just playing with his food, he may look okay but he doesn’t feel like eating “probably.”

“What’s with Chanyeol anyway? He’s not our baby bro anymore right?” he whispers as if the younger would appear soon.

Luhan furrowed his eyebrow “are you still drunk?”

The latter shrugged “just lighting up the mood.”

They ended up on a staring contest on who can stare longer on their food without even touching it until they got disturbed by Chanyeol’s voice booming around.

“Hey guys I’ll be out for minute” he grabbed the sandwich on Baekhyun’s plate.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Luhan asked inquisitively.

“I just had to deal with an unfinished business, I will be home early I promise.”

*

*

“What’s this guy doing in our house?” Junmyeon’s grandma asked as soon a she saw the latter on his knees on the balcony, trembling and sweating really hard. “I heard he let you travel alone back here.”

“Grandma!” Junmyeon tries to stop his grandma while Chanyeol stays still silently. Once he’s sure she’s finished rattling, he rested his forehead on the floor still on his knees.

“I--I apologize” he started, he’s trembling a lot and his sweat is cold “for letting Junmyeon come back here alone but I’ve made a firm decision grandma. I know you would hate it but I will not continue with the marriage proposal.”

Both Junmyeon and his grandma’s eyes went wide open.

“I’m willing to take any punishment for doing this but please let Junmyeon have the chance to choose whom he ever wanted to love. I can’t just marry him because of what happned between us that night. I’m willing to take risk, anything, and besides Junmyeon deserve to love someone he loves not by anyone’s choice but his own.”

There was a long pause until Junmyeon’s grandma started throwing him dagger looks. She was silent, probably still processing what he was saying.

“And besides there was nothing happened between us that night.”

*

*

“You’re very considerate of my feelings” Junmyeon chuckled giving Chanyeol a towel after he had washed his face “you’re lucky dad and grandpa weren’t here or else…but anyway thanks for doing that.”

Chanyeol smiled at him. “Well I’m awesome aren’t I? I don’t want you to feel burdened.”

“I know I know” Junmyeon rolled his eyes “I’m willing to take risk” he changed the tone of his voice mimicking Chanyeol “and besides Junmyeon deserve to love someone he loves” he looked at him and then laughed loudly “you should have seen your knees, I can see them trembling.”

“Well I don’t know what she can do while I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter