Operation: Find Junmyeon

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon knew that his decision was final. He’s going to leave sooner. No one cared either way so why even bother to tell them? And he has reasons why he needed to leave, one is that Luhan and Jongin hated him, second he was the reason why Baekhyun was in coma, third Jongin now hates Luhan and also he was the reason why Jiyeon sprained her ankle that made Luhan hated him more. Except for Luna and Mrs. Ham, who have grown so close to him.

Tomorrow would be his departure and he wished Vernon wouldn’t pay a visit or else he’ll definitely find him. Mrs. Kim didn’t actually want to let him go but he needed to. He was thankful for having a kind master like Mrs Kim but he couldn’t stop blaming himself for everything that happened, and it always remind him everytime he’s in the mansion. Mr. Kim messaged him on the phone for that matter asking him to stay for a little longer. He appreciates the couple, they aren’t blaming him not for once, they even appreciate all the things he did for their sons. It might be hard for him to go but it’s time. He only then realized that he couldn’t live just all by himself without his parents, he needed someone too, to support him and helped him when he got problems and he only knew one thing that could do that, his own family.

*

*

“Mrs. Kim?” Taeyeon were shocked to see the woman who entered the private room. She even blinked her eyes repeatedly to check if she saw her right.

“Hi” she greeted her then went on Chanyeol’s side and hug him “hi honey.” Jongin was there on Taeyeon’s side while Luhan was sitting silently with Jiyeon on the couch.

The three were surprised either but Chanyeol was the only one who manage to reply.

“Why are you here?” Chanyeol asked and took the plastic bags from her mom’s hand.

“I came here to look after my baby” she smiled, a sad one. She went on the bed where Baekhyun was lying and held his hand “I may not be good mom to all of you but it is my responsibility to take good care of you.” She looked into Baekhyun’s face and then suddenly tear up “I know I did something wrong. I’m sorry.”

Luhan got up from his seat “mom” he said approaching her. “This is not your fault” and rubs her back gently “we were happy to see you here.”

She placed her hand on Luhan’s “I’ll be staying here until Baekhyun woke up.”

“What if it takes a year or more?” Jongin dared but her mom wasn’t caught off guard.

“Then I’ll stay, it’s not a problem right Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon nodded happily “that sounds like a good idea.”

“Well, well, look at us, looks like everyone has their own partner.”

Chanyeol suddenly clears his throat, that’s when he realized he missed Junmyeon.

*

*

Today was one of those windy-Saturday that are cold enough and an excuse for Junmyeon to wear thick and knitted sweater that he really love. He already bid goodbye to Luna and she cried like a kid, asking him why. Mrs. Ham stayed in her room, she didn’t even dare to ask him but right after he left the house, Luna came running beside him giving him a number, it was from Mrs. Ham, telling him to call some time and if ever he changed his mind and come back.

He strolled up through Seoul, stopped at the Han River after deciding to go check his mom’s flower shop.

“Junmyeon?” his mom was more surprised when he saw him entered the shop. There were some customers inside.

“Why are you here? Are you going to buy?” she winked teasingly and hugged him tightly “ah I miss this kid.”

“Hey” Junmyeon hug her back, he felt suddenly relax and calm. Her mom’s familiar scent is suddenly urging him to cry in her arms but then he realized that would be ridiculous, he doesn’t want his mom to know what happened, she doesn’t want her to get worried. “Mom?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m going to stay at Busan.”

His mom broke the hug and look at him in horror as if she heard something scary, he repeated what he said and her mom’s eyebrow furrowed. “What? Why?”

“What do you mean why?”

“You know what I mean Junmyeon” his mom gave him a careful look. He knew what she’s saying though, Busan is where his grandparents house is, it’s an old manor and still following their same old boring traditions, it was his mom’s parents. Ever since he was a kid he hated visiting Busan whenever his mom asked them to go there. His grandma was very strict with house rules and he hated it. Since then, he barely visited them but that doesn’t mean he hated them, they may be strict but he loved the way how his grandma cook him desserts, his grandpa buying him lots of toys and even letting him eat whatever he wanted at their fruit farm.

“Mom” Junmyeon sighed “it’s my decision” he pause thinking a bit for something “I miss those house rules and I wanted to feel relax.”

“You sure sound like your dad” his mom chuckles and kiss his forehead “well then I can’t stop you. Actually your dad was staying there for awhile for a short vacation.”

“Really?” Junmyeon felt happy, his dad was there which means he could have someone to talk to some serious matters. He’s very close with his dad and they treated each other like best friends too.

“Yeah but remember this Junmyeon” he look at his mom’s eyes “if you get into trouble I can’t help you. Mom is strict.”

Junmyeon nodded “don’t worry mom, I’ll be careful” he assured. “But I need a favor to ask.”

“Hmm?”

“Please don’t tell anyone where I am.”

“Junmyeon do you have a problem, should we talk privately?”

*

*

It was really a miracle when Baekhyun woke up that Monday morning. The very first thing he saw that morning was that everyone was sleeping, his mom on the other side of his bed, Taeyeon on the other side holding his hand. Luhan was on the couch and Chanyeol on the chair with his mouth hung open but Jongin was not there. He was adjusting himself to his surrounding until he found out he was at the hospital, he tried getting up but he felt suddenly stiff everywhere. He grunted until someone opened the door.

“Hyung!”

He raised his head and smirked at Jongin’s surprised expression “Yo.”

It woke them up when Jongin shouted hyung again. He immediately put the food on the table and cheered loudly “hey!” he shouted and gave his brother a side hug once he sat up on his bed after his mom and Taeyeon’s help.

“Hi honey” his mom greeted and run her hand on his hair “good morning.”’

Baekhyun smiled at his mom’s actions “am I that amazing that you guys are so surprise?”

“Don’t joke like that Baekhyun” Luhan warned who’s serious as ever “how’s your legs?”

Baekhyun hissed in pain when Chanyeol pressed it and laughs when he earned a slap from their mom “ that hurts!”

“Better be healed in a month or we’ll leave you here” Jongin teasingly warned and gave Taeyeon a look.

“Pathetic” Chanyeol muttered and took a stolen picture of him.

“Yah!” he shouted when he heard the clicking sound of the camera “delete that! I don’t look good with these scars in my face!”

Taeyeon and the people inside laugh at them.

“Baekhyun is finally back” Taeyeon butted in. “How about a celebration right after?”

“How many days I was asleep?”

“Months hyung months, almost two” Chanyeol answered “we even thought you’ll sleep for years.”

Baekhyun smirked “you think I’ll just let myself be like that for years? Come on! I’m Kim Baek Hyun, I don’t die like that.”

That night when they are having their dinner, Baekhyun suddenly stopped eating and placed his plate back on the table barely touching it. Taeyeon was surprised.

“Why aren’t you finishing your dinner?”

“I don’t like the food” he answered shortly and stretch himself “I missed the home-cooked food.”

Mrs. Kim smiled “don’t worry I’ll asked Mrs. Ham to cook for us tomorrow.”

“Feels nostalgic” he muttered and lay down on his bed looking at his brothers eating silently “why does it feel like someone is missing?”

Taeyeon stopped eating and she look at them mortified, all of their eyes were asking who but the latter laugh instead.

“I can’t wait to go home.”

Mrs. Kim held his hand, her palms were warm and Baekhyun suddenly remembered someone with the same touch and he got even more excited.

“You’ll be going home soon.”

“How many days should I still stay here?”

“A week?” Mrs. Kim guessed.

“Or more” Taeyeon even added.

“Can I just go home after three days? I can walk now and besides I can heal faster if I am in my own room.”

“Baekhyun” Taeyeon warned “don’t be stubborn it will still be better if you stay here.”

“Can I ask a favor?” Baekhyun turned his head at Taeyeon “will you and mom leave for tonight? I want to stay here with my brothers only.

*

*

“Hey” Luhan greeted when silence reign with the four of them. Mrs. Kim and Taeyeon left a minute ago. “Should we play?”

“Play what?” Jongin glared at him “stealing someone’s property? Was it?”

“Stop it Jongin” Luhan replied “I’ve tried explaining but you wouldn’t listen.”

“Well action speaks louder than words.”

“Don’t you think” Baekhyun interrupted “that it is time to talk about that issue?”

“I don’t need it, save it for later when you see him.” Jongin made a distaste expression. “I’m leaving.”

“Jongin wait” Chanyeol pulls him back on the couch “we needed to talk to clear this out. We can’t just live without having peace of mind, we’re brothers, remember? How long are we going to stay like this?”

“I wanna go home, can you guys help me get out of here tomorrow?”

“No problem.”

“Thanks Luhan-hyung” then suddenly Baekhyun turned to Jongin “come on dongsaeng will you stay calm? We all made a mistake here okay?”

“What?” the youngest furrowed his eyebrow “so to sum it up, we are to blame? And why do you still care about him?! He was the reason why you’re in critical anyway!”

“Yes” Baekhyun replied “I’m in critical but I will never blame him for what happened to me. We’re Kims remember? We could have just ignore and let him be kidnapped and never save him because we’re Kims and all we care about is ourselves. We’re selfish! We were called bastards for a reason. Can’t you see? But Chanyeol and I decided to go because we knew one thing, he wasn’t to be blame and he has nothing to do with this!”

Jongin did stopped when he heard Baekhyun, he may hated him but he was right, if he was the one Junmyeon called that time, he could’ve ignored him and maybe Junmyeon might be the one in critical state right now.

“He stayed even if it was hard working with us” Baekhyun added now looking at Luhan who’s lowering his head on his seat “he smiles even if we’re hurting him and it’s not so us seriously, that we all fell in love with a servant.”

Luhan cleared his throat “I have a feelings for him but I knew it was just infatuation.”

“Infatuation or not you kissed him! Don’t you even think twice about it hyung?!”

“I just wanted to see if he really like me or he was really into you” he looked at Jongin sadly “and…” he continued and swallowed hard “I didn’t think he would cry after that and even apologized when I know it was my fault I may kissed him but you’re the one he’s thinking, he like me but all he cares was you!”

“And Jongin” Baekhyun added, Chanyeol was there silently listening to them sometimes his eyes followed who’s the one speaking “didn’t you cheat on him?”

Jongin felt like he heard something so hurtful and he stand in froze.

“You may hide it but I know you.”

“I was to blame too” Chanyeol finally spoke “and I felt guilty about it. Since the time I met Sehun, he told me about Junmyeon and I can’t help but get amazed at how special he was. This is probably the reason why many fall for him.”

Baekhyun sighed deeply “so are we clear here? Can I date him now?”

Chanyeol chuckled and he pulled Jongin who suddenly got teary when he heard everything, he let him seat on his side “it’s fine Jongin, I’m sure Junmyeon will forgive you.”

“I heard” suddenly Baekhyun spoke again, voice still the same, lively and cheerful despite the scars and burning sensation he felt from his wounds “that your girlfriend I mean ex-girlfriend sprained her ankle?”

“Junmyeon pushed her down the stairs.”

“What?” Baekhyun laughs instead of feeling sorry “wow that was new! I couldn’t believe it.”

Luhan glared at him “that’s not a good joke what if it was Taeyeon that was pushed? Will you feel happy?”

“Well I wouldn’t blame Junmyeon” Baekhyun answered naturally “Junmyeon won’t do something like that if there’s no reason.”

“Yeah” Chanyeol replied “you know Jiyeon anyway.”

Luhan rolled his eyes “Jiyeon explained to me, she was just asking what happened at the building and he suddenly pushed her.”

“And you believe her?!”

“She is his ex-girlfriend so of course he would believe her.”

“Shut up” Luhan teasingly throw a punch on the air near Baekhyun “you don’t have the right to say that.”

“Ah I can’t wait to go home. I know Junmyeon is waiting for me.”

*

*

“Welcome home everyone!”

Baekhyun was very happy that he went home that day. Mrs. Kim went back at her office right after and said that she will cook dinner next week. The word home feels nostalgic and Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile at the maids lining up behind Mrs. Ham and Luna.

Jongin was looking a bit sad while Chanyeol’s eyes couldn’t steady looking for someone.

“I’m home!” Baekhyun shouted and slumped himself on the couch.

“Were you looking for Yoda master Chanyeol?” suddenly Luna butted in when she noticed the latter being unease.

Chanyeol shook his head but before he could asked, Baekhyun already spoke.

“Where is Junmyeon anyway?”

Seems like the mansion heard something creepy that no one answered immediately. Mrs. Ham couldn’t look at them in the eyes while Luna felt sad.

“Come on, where is he?”

“He—he left a week ago” Luna was stammering and now feeling a little bit teary since she couldn’t hide the fact that she missed Junmyeon.

“What?!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol asked with a stricken expression. Chanyeol immediately run to check Junmyeon’s rom and came back shaking his head at them.

“Okay….” Jongin sighed “it’s my fault, I’ve said something that could hurt his feeling and I admit it” he paused to give a careful look at Baekhyun “I told him to leave.”

“How can we possibly gonna take him back?”

“Call mom!” Jongin answered “she can do it! She can ask him to come back!” and he took his phone out. He dialed the number a couple of times but no one answered.

Luhan shook his head and laugh “you guys are so overreacting, come on why don’t we take some rest and I’ll be the one to asked mom for Junmyeon tomorrow.”

“Deal?” Baekhyun looked at him.

“Yeah. After all I did something worst, so I needed to pay you back guys. I just wanted us to be the same back again. Jongin…I know that I did something stupid…”

The youngest Kim looked at him, he nodded and showed no sign of hatred “no hyung, I reacted quickly that time. I didn’t even listen to your explanation, sorry.”

Baekhyun clapped his hand teasing the two with a ty look “you two are being cheesy.”

*

*

“Oh my gosh! My four handsome sons are here!” Mrs. Kim squealed delightedly once she saw them entered her office and in suits. Too formal and too serious to even show any single emotion when they saw her. “Do we have some business meeting I don’t know?”

“Actually, we came here to see you” Jongin answered and pull himself forward to give the bouquet of flowers in her table.

“Oh how sweet” she clapped her hands lovingly and gets up from her seat.

“And to ask you something” Baekhyun added.

It stops her from hugging her youngest son and just pinch his cheek instead “what is it?”

Luhan scratched his head shyly and then looked at his brothers asking through their eyes if it was okay. Baekhyun gave a slight nod and pat his shoulder.

“Well….we tried to reach Junmyeon’s phone but we couldn’t contact him. We just wanted to make sure if did he really quit his job?”

“About that” Mrs. Kim rubbed her temple pondering “yeah. He quitted, I didn’t know why, we treated him well right? But he insisted on quitting.”

“And took all his money?” Luhan dared to ask.

“No, no” Mrs. Kim laughs “he told me to donate his money on the charity so I did.”

“What?!” Jongin and Chanyeol exclaimed surprisingly “was he really that stupid? He needed that money!”

“So mom, do you know where he is?”

Mrs. Kim crossed her arm in her chest and leaned her body on the table “as to that, I haven’t heard anything from him. And he didn’t mention any place he would stay.”

“You didn’t ask?”

“No because I thought he just lived nearby and Kris knew him, so I was thinking I could ask him if I have time and talk to him.”

“That’s it!” Baekhyun shouted “I will find him.”

“Oh” Mrs. Kim was surprised but she has this teasing smile looking at his son “are you his boyfriend? I thought it was Jongin?”

“Well…uh…” Jongin stammered with a blush creeping down his cheek “I didn’t thought you knew about us…we’re done but…”

“Mom we’re heading off, see you later” Chanyeol cuts him off and gave their mom a kiss on the cheek.

“Okay, goodluck to that and honey” Mrs. Kim grabbed Baekhyun’s arm who were to leave the place “you sure you’re fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter