The Maknae

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Princess” Baekhyun pouted once he blocked Junmyeon on the hallway. He stretched both his arms.

Junmyeon halted and stares at the guy quizzically. “Do-do you need something?”

Baekhyun’s brow creases and for a few seconds he draw his face near Junmyeon but the guy back away shyly, taking another step back again. His cheeks heated up at the pressure, thinking at the teen’s face that was only inch by his face.

“Princess!” Baekhyun shouted at him so he could stop him from walking backwards.

“What?” he asked trying to get away.

“Stop!” and he walked towards him and holds both his shoulders so he wouldn’t get away.

Junmyeon was surprised “what is it?” he asked squirming at the vice grip on his shoulder.

“Stop, I said stop” Baekhyun warned again and Junmyeon only blinks at him curiously. He then suddenly raises his left arm and used this to wipe something on his forehead. “Did you just play with the icing?”

And just in time when Chanyeol left the room enough for him to see the whole scene, he frowns. This is the first time Baekhyun did something like that with a maid. What is he planning to do?

 

 

 

 

Luna suddenly nudges his waist when he went outside to help the girl from hanging the clothes 0f the Kims.

“What?” he asked in surprised.

“I saw what happened awhile ago” she said with her eyebrows wiggling up and down.

Junmyeon shrugs, trying to ignore her “he just helped me wiped the icing on my forehead. There was nothing serious.”

“It’s the first time master Baekhyun act something like that.”

“And?” he asked, showing he wasn’t interested but deep inside he felt something different. He sure the guy is sweet, and he doesn’t know why he’s so kind to him. He wonders why?

 

 

 

The next day, just as when Junmyeon was finished from washing the plates, he went directly upstairs. He was relieved that most of the Kims were out. Except Luhan who still didn’t left his room after eating his lunch.

He went to check on every room. And ended on the music room; the door was slightly opened so he saw everything inside. The different instruments being neatly displayed and the neat white colored of the wall. He got attracted, remembering the way how Chanyeol plays his guitar; he wanted to try it too. Especially when he saw the piano in there, he recalls how his mom really loves to teach him from playing it. And he totally missed it.

He entered the room forgetting to close the door. He eagerly went to sit in front of the white piano. Junmyeon touch the keys and then checked every piece, it’s so beautiful. Everything in the room is beautiful. And he started playing with the keys. Playing the tune of his favorite music feels like he was back from the past, where everything was new to him and his mom’s lulling voice singing while playing the piano came back to life.

 

 

Luhan on the other side was reading his favorite, squirming on his bed to find the best position until he suddenly got bored. He looks at the clock, it’s 2. He put his phone on his pocket and exited his room trying to find something that might interest him.

He was walking through the hallway when he heard a familiar tune. That tune! That was his favorite song when he was a kid. It’s My Answer! That was actually the first song he learned from his piano teacher when he was a kid, but he definitely forgot that now. He wonders who’s playing it. Is it Baekhyun? He walks faster to arrive at their music room. He saw that it was opened. He peeked. He saw no Baekhyun, no other people he knows who are good in playing piano with but instead a small figure of a man was there.

He smiles when he saw Junmyeon giggles at the way he played the keys, he watched the guy a few more minutes before he clears his throat and decided to enter the room. Junmyeon was surprised and he quickly stands from his seat and bows apologetically.

“Lu-Luhan!” he bit his lower lip for realizing what he’s doing was wrong “sorry, I just enter the room without asking for permission.”

Luhan waves off his hands to signal him it’s okay “you’re great, where’d you learn that?”

Junmyeon stares at him, should he answer? Should he stay or leave now? He inhales deeply “my mom teaches me” he answered and walk away from the piano. Luhan on the other side went towards the piano. He touched the keys and then looks at him.

“You’re great” he said and sat on the chair. “You played it really good.”

“Tha-thank you” he answered shyly, he move again trying real hard to reach the door.

“Wait.”

Junmyeon stops.

“So you’re good at this?”

Junmyeon shakes his head “not really.”

“Mind to show me?” he asked looking at Junmyeon with a pleasant smile.

He swallowed he sure is Luhan is so cute when he looks at him like that. Despite how he acted so cold the first time they talk, now is different. He’s now kinder. He nods his head. He went near the other piano he saw, it would be really embarrassing if he share a seat with him so he settle himself to the other piano but Luhan stopped him for the second time.

“No! Sit with me; I want to see it clearly.”

Junmyeon followed dumbly, he seat near Luhan. There was a little space between them but his breathing suddenly becomes unstable. He touched the keys and started playing. Luhan smiles and closed the space between them eyes directed on the keys he was touching.

After playing the chorus he stopped. Luhan touched the first keys he had used and the following keys. He had stop abruptly when he doesn’t remember the next keys and looks at Junmyeon hesitantly.

Junmyeon couldn’t hide his laugh, and points at the next key, showing him.

Luhan followed it back, smile painted on his lips. They continued. Junmyeon don’t have any idea what he was feeling that time. The way they touch the keys together, it’s so lovely, it’s so great. He wonders why his heart beats so faster than before.

 

 

 

 

“Guess what is today!” Baekhyun as usual blocked him back again on the hallway, he was holding the feather dust and he had just finished cleaning Jongin’s room since the guy was out.

Junmyeon hummed, pausing a bit to think “May 14?”

Baekhyun nodded cheerfully and drag him downstairs. He almost stumbled at how fast the guy skipping the stairs excitedly. Once they arrived downstairs, he saw the two Kims, Luhan and Chanyeol downstairs conversing. Baekhyun greeted them.

“So what’s the plan?” he asked after they had arrived at the two’s side.

Chanyeol suddenly frowned when he saw him “why are you letting him join?”

Luhan ignored him “I already ordered his cake, two to be exact. Luna will get it later.

Junmyeon was playing on the feather dust, not aware what they were talking about, just casually listening. Luhan suddenly smiles at him when he saw him.

“It’s Jongin’s birthday” he told him “we wanted to surprise him tonight.”

Junmyoen’s face lights up at what he heard “that would be great” he moves the feather dust upward which hits Chanyeol’s chin accidentally. He growled at him, but he didn’t notice it “what’re we gonna do?”

“Let’s just prepare” Baekhyun cut it shortly “we’re all involved here since there’s only 8 of us.”

Junmyeon hums still playing with the feather dust unaware that Chanyeol has been hit for twice already. This surprised birthday party seems interesting.

“Stop moving that !” Chanyeol grumbles and had enough. He grabs the feather dust from Junmyeon’s hand and hold it, the latter looks at him strangely which he paid with a disdain look.

Junmyeon smiles apologetically after that “so” he turns back again on Luhan “you’re parents coming?” he asked gladly instead, and moves away from Chanyeol.

The face of the three suddenly fell flat, and that hits him for asking the wrong thing, he felt sorry and he bows apologetically. He wanted to hit his head for asking something that could hurt them, “Sorry I didn’t mean to—“

“That’s okay” Baekhyun assured and holds his hand again “why don’t we start preparing?”

 

 

They’d finished at exactly 5 pm, they want Jongin to get surprise if ever he got home earlier. But Junmyeon was sure he’ll be going home this late again. They all waited at the dining area, they already knows that Jongin will directly go at the kitchen once he’s home, and he’ll passes by the dining area.

To distract them from waiting, Baekhyun started by playing with everyone, he gives everyone of them a birthday hat and snap shots of their bored faces except for Junmyeon who smiles a lot. While on the other side, Chanyeol grumbles at him, Junmyeon can’t help but roll his eyes this for knowing that this guy is so short-tempered.

 

“I wonder when will Jongin be home?” Baekhyun whines for the third time. They’d just finished eating their dinner. And he was already tired of making fun with everyone. Chanyeol has been trying to call the maknae many times and his calls ends up being declined.

Luhan checks on the time. It’s already 9, and he wasn’t sure if he could wait for Jongin until he can come home. Sleep is already inviting him. They did surprised Jongin every of his Birthdays. He still recalls how the kid Jongin loves surprises especially on his birthdays. And when he entered the puberty stage, he suddenly changes. He grew cold and become distant. He turned to be very rebellious at times, until it turned out that he hated their parents for not giving them time. He hated surprises and gifts. He must be really missed their parents that’s why.

He can’t blame the maknae, maybe he really wanted to spend time with their parents. He is still young, and it’s natural that he asks for some affection. But they decided to surprise him today since he’s turning 18, they wanted to show their maknae how precious he is, that they still treat him like the way they treat the kid Jongin before.

Junmyeon yawns first, until one by one of them started to yawn also. Mrs. Ham has already closed her eyes on her seat. The driver too, Luna on the other hand, was trying real hard to open her eyes widely. They are all facing the cake unspoken.

“Mrs. Ham, Luna you can now go to sleep” Luhan ordered.

Luna helped Mrs. Ham from getting up on her seat; they bowed together and left them. The driver followed after wards.

Chanyeol checks on the phone, it was already 10. Baekhyun who’s so talkative awhile ago, has already his eyes closed.

“Junmyeon you can go to your room now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter