A Sad Ending?

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “This is the dumbest idea ever!” Jongin yelled inside the hospital room as soon as Junmyeon woke up. His head has bandage and it’s still painful, he tried getting up  while trying to process what’s happening but Kyungsoo scampered and told him to stay. The light coming from the fluorescent blinds him so he has to close his eyes for a minute, then he heard Jongin’s voice again.

“Are you killing yourselves?”

“Jongin” Kris called the youngest “will you please calm down?”

“How can I calmed down?” he’s even more irritated than being worried “when one of my brother is badly hurt and he is still not awake!”

Junmyeon immediately opened his eyes when he heard about Baekhyun “how’s Baekhyun? How is he?”

“Oh he’s awake!” Jongin clapped his hand in rather sarcastic manner, he went on his side “you’re awake! Great! Now tell me was it you who had started it again?” he grabbed Junmyeon’s hand.

“Jongin” Kris calmly grabbed Jongin “don’t blame Junmyeon, at least we came on time to rescue them. It was one of Chanyeol’s rival in gang fights.”

Jongin clicked his tongue and let go of Junmyeon’s hand harshly “why is he even involved?!”

“You stop or I’m gonna be the one to beat you here!” Kyungsoo felt a bit hurt at those hurtful words he said to Junmyeon, his best friend might used to it but he cannot let anyone hurt his best friend like that.

Jongin irritably left the room and Kris followed him after apologizing to Junmyeon.

*

*

“How are you?” Chanyeol asked him, he entered his room with a bandage on his right arm and seem a bit pale. Kyungsoo and Kris left after Junmyeon told them he’ll be fine.

“Just fine” Junmyeon muttered “how bout you?”

“Just a scratch” Chanyeol manage to joke and showed his arm “I’ll be fine. The doctor told me I can go home now.”

Junmyeon didn’t smile at all, he never felt like he could smile at all. His heart felt so heavy and it was so hard for him to speak.

“Junmyeon?”

“How is Baekhyun?”

“He is fine” Chanyeol was smiling “he will be fine” he added right after he saw Junmyeon was about to cry. “He’ll wake up soon.”

*

*

Junmyeon was surprised to see Taeyeon in front of the mansion. It’s so surprising to see that she did a haircut, her hair got shorter and Junmyeon thought she became even prettier. She wasn’t smiling at all when she approached him. She was frowning.

“Hi” he greeted to show respect “do you need something?”

“I wanna talk to you.”

“Okay….” those words made Junmyeon smile bitterly, it feels like he already knew what she’s about to say. He swallowed but it felt like something was stuck in his throat.

“Junmyeon….I thought you’re gonna be Baekhyun’s happiness so I let him go” she started “Jongin hated you for what happened, I am not blaming you but…” she held his hand and tears started to fell in her eyes “it makes me sad and angry for what happened. The gang member confessed that it was you who worsen the gang fight, if you didn’t call that police that day, they wouldn’t get revenge.”

Junmyeon stayed silent but if it was really him that makes everything complicated then he better do something.

“Please for Baekhyun’s sake, I’m asking you again, please don’t show your face at the hospital right now. Everyone hates you. ”

*

*

“Not going to visit Baekhyun?”

Junmyeon shook his head at Chanyeol’s question and he continued helping the other maids from wiping the glass window. He’s been discharged from the hospital few days ago but he felt like working though Luna and Mrs. Ham insist he should rest for awhile. But he can’t. He feels restless.  “Too busy.”

“I can give you a ride. And are you sure you can work now?”

Junmyeon stop as he stared blankly at the window, he felt nauseous as the memories that day and Taeyeon’s crying keeps on repeating in his mind, as much as he wanted to visit and talk to him, there are also things that is stopping him. “No, thanks.”

“Come on Junmyeon. Master Baekhyun might feel sad, you didn’t even visit him once.”

Junmyeon ignored them and just casually continued wiping the windows. Luna gave Chanyeol a shrug and rub Junmyeon’s back a little too gently.

*

*

Junmyeon barely saw Luhan inside the mansion and he was curious why, they’ve never talked anymore and he wanted to hear his voice as if it was the drug he needed to help him loosened up and relax. And it’s like a dream come true and his face lights up when he saw Luhan get out of the car.

He opened the door for him and he was surprised when he saw him. “Junmyeon…”

“Hey” he smiled in half but genuine, the guy smiled back but it was bitter and definitely not the usual sweet smile he admired and fell in love with.

“Great to see you” he said and went towards upstairs.

“Luhan!” he followed him. Luhan looked at him in surprised, “how is Baekhyun?”

“He’s not yet awake” he answered shortly “you can visit him if you like.”

“Are you hungry? I can serve you snacks” he offered trying to cheer him up. They were both stress but Luhan was more affected he can see.

“No I don’t. Thanks.”

“Is something wrong?”

Luhan looked at him like it was so obvious to even answer, he paused and then his expression suddenly flip to madness. “What?! You asked me what’s wrong Junmyeon?!”

Junmyeon made a step back when Luhan shouted at him.

“My other brother hated me and the other is in coma Junmyeon, what do you think? I am a graduating student! Instead of going to school, here I am thinking stressfully how we could bring our relationship back!”

Junmyeon wasn’t sure if he was facing the Luhan he knew or not. He looked different, this wasn’t the person he knew he could always save him. This wasn’t the person he used to think was more understanding. He wasn’t the person he admired.

“Look” he said “you like me I know and I like you too but that was it. It was wrong after all Junmyeon. I like you that’s it, don’t label it like I love you or something. That’s just a spark of the moment. I needed to move on that day so it pushed me to like you but please….Junmyeon can you stay away from me?”

*

*

Jiyeon visited after a week. She was standing there as if she owned the house. She was looking smug and was so full of confidence. She couldn’t stop blabbering while she wandered her eyes inside.

“I can’t wait to see you leave this mansion.”

Junmyeon gets annoyed “why are you even here?”

“Oh” Jiyeon’s eyebrow arched in a sarcastic manner “I came here to look for Luhan, he told me you’re causing him a lot of stress lately.”

Junmyeon couldn’t believe how Luhan still manage to have connection with her.

“Surprise?” she asked and smirked evilly “how was it that two of the Kims hated you?” she followed Junmyeon upstairs who’s carrying the mattresses. He has to control himself or else he’d gonna hit her for real.

“How was the video? Did Jongin like it?”

Junmyeon stand in froze, is she the one who filmed it? He turned around slowly still looking a bit surprised.

“Oh I know what you’re thinking. Yes, that’s me” she felt even proud of what she did. “Am I amazing Junmyeon?” the smile that plays on her lips couldn’t even be more evil.

Junmyeon couldn’t understand what he was feeling. But it was so hard to watch her laugh sarcastically at him, calling him things that he doesn’t know what it means. She can hear him but the words couldn’t register in his mind. He was on the verge of anger. He’s been calm since then.

“I feel sorry for you.”

Junmyeon glared at her “so it was you?”

“I was even the one who helped the gang to kidnap you.”

And that was the last straw, Junmyeon’s hand went forward and he wasn’t aware that he already pushed her, she slides down from the stairs and that was then he realized what he did and he gasped loudly. Just in time Luhan came out of his room and saw what happened.

“Jiyeon!” he tried rescuing her but it was already too late. Jiyeon was already down on the last stair. “What was that Junmyeon?!”

Junmyeon didn’t know why he did that but he didn’t do it in purpose it was his emotion. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter