Luhan's Birthday Party

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day Kris paid a visit. And Junmyeon was so excited hoping that Kyungsoo was with him but to his dismay he wasn’t there with him.

“Thank you for looking after my brother” Kris speech was loud enough to be heard inside the mansion. Junmyeon has to get out from the kitchen and walk towards the living room to see what’s going on.

Kris was holding Vernon on his shoulder while the kid was looking at nothing but on the floor.

“School is near and I need to get my brother back” Kris continued and he fixed Vernon’s posture.

All the four Kims were there. Luhan was so sad it was so evident, his hands wanted to grab Vernon away from Kris.

“School starts not after two weeks” Jongin reminded and he looks at Kris.

“Yeah” Kris agrees “but mom wants to prepare this kiddo.”

“Then take him after one week” Chanyeol pipes and holds Vernon’s hand. It was a surprise to Junmyeon since he knew Chanyeol and Vernon were not in good terms.

“What a surprise Kris” Baekhyun smirks “we still need to celebrate Luhan-hyung’s birthday and Vernon’s invited.”

Kris grimaced “whattabout me?” he points to himself.

“Family only” Baekhyun whispers “no social medias. No party. Just us.”

Kris rolled his eyes and sighs “as expected to the oldest son of Kims. Totally unsociable.”

“So” Vernon cuts off beaming at his brother’s face “I will stay for one more week?????”

“No” Kris answered out of sudden. Junmyeon wants to plead Kris and begged him to let Vernon stay because for sure their life in there would be boring, the mansion became more chaos when Vernon came but he’s sure everyone was enjoying the kid’s company and how he mingle with them.

“Kidding” he answered immediately when Jongin grabs his shirt “whewww. You guys are so dangerous.”

Vernon laughs at him.

“Be sure to look after him” Kris warned giving them a look especially towards Jongin “because I know my brother could be so rowdy.”

“Got it” Baekhyun said.

Junmyeon felt so happy to hear that Vernon will stay for one more week. He suddenly claps his hands and only stops when Chanyeol spoke.

“Someone is joining us.”

Jongin laughs and soon everyone started laughing and Junmyeon suddenly felt a bit embarrassed and he quickly went back in the kitchen.

 

 

Junmyeon was with Luna that day. They were given a single day-off and the two of them decided to go out for a while to relax themselves. Junmyeon had first drop by on his mom’s flower shop. They had a small chat before Luna ask him to buy books together.

“Hey” Luna said as they walk towards the bookshop “your mom looks a lot like you.”

“Yeah, I barely hear that.”

“I didn’t know you own a flower shop and your dad’s a professor why do you even need to work at the Kims?” she asked. She’s curious but her attention was with the book in her hand.

He shrugs “just want to be independent. And to show I am old enough to support myself.”

“Cool” Luna exclaimed. And Junmyeon ignored her, Luna can be so annoying and funny sometimes and he made a few steps to check the books at the kid’s section. Something caught his attention. He should probably buy Vernon some.

“Junmyeon?” suddenly a familiar voice made Junmyeon to turn his head around “it’s you. What’re you doing here? Buying books?”

Junmyeon nodded. He couldn’t believe Taeyeon and him will meet in there “yeah. What’re you doing here?” he asked back.

Taeyeon smiles again. “Do you have time?”

 

 

Junmyeon agreed to talk with Taeyeon although he doesn’t know why she wants to talk to her privately. He sent a message to Luna to wait for him at the nearest café.

“So” Taeyeon breaks the silence “I heard you’re celebrating Luhan’s birthday?”

Junmyeon nodded. He’s suddenly felt nervous his palm gets sweaty.

“Why are you so nervous?” Taeyeon laughs again. And Junmyeon felt insecure again how she could always manage to smile like she doesn’t have any single problem in life.

“Sorry” he apologized “it’s really uncomfortable to face someone who’s related to the Kims. Especially that you’re the girlfriend.”

“I heard you’re in bad terms with Jiyeon. Luhan’s ex-girlfriend?”

Junmyeon’s face suddenly became white as sheet, he’s surprised.

“Jiyeon’s really a bad girl. Don’t worry” Taeyeon said trying to tell him he shouldn’t be afraid “we are not really that close since then. I only met her once, but we never got close. She’s too low for my standards.”

Junmyeon smiles although he doesn’t get what she’s saying about standards. “I see.”

“I guess you’re curious why I really wanted to talk to you” she suddenly became serious again. The smiles were gone. Her eyes were directed away from her. “To be honest I hate you…”

Junmyeon got hit this time and he has to tilt his head and looked at her. He opens his mouth but he cannot utter anything. He was surprised to hear that. Why would she hate him? What did he do wrong?”

“Baekhyun always talked about you” she continued “there’s not a single conversation that you’re name was always added. At first I don’t mind but when it comes too often I felt a bit annoyed.”

“I don’t understand” this time it takes Junmyeon the courage to speak up “maybe he’s just---“

“Maybe he was fond of you yeah” Taeyeon finished it for him “but everytime I ask him him who are you he always answer you’re a special person in his life. At first I thought you’re his new girlfriend so I made a little research and found out you are their servant………”

“I know this is confusing to you” she continued “but he confessed to me… saying he doesn’t know if he could bring our relationship back but he said that he’s feelings for me are….are” it was so hard for her to spoke that time “starting to disappear.”

‘What do I have to do with that?’ Junmyeon wants to ask but that would show some rudeness so he just shut off his mouth.

It’s like Taeyeon could hear him and she tried to smile “because Junmyeon you know, I can feel that Baekhyun cares for you…a lot.”

“Well…” he answered begging mentally that the conversation would end.

“Please” Taeyeon begged out of a sudden, tears were forming in her eyes “please make Baekhyun happy again. ”

Junmyeon only look at her, he couldn’t open his mouth that time and was so confused why she’s begging her.

“Take good care of him…You may not understand what I am saying right now but soon you’ll understand.”

 

 

Luhan’s birthday has come. It was Wednesday and everyone was busy packing their things. They decided to celebrate it at the exact place they had on their first outing. Jeju Island. It’s Luhan’s favorite place actually.

“Is everyone ready?” Chanyeol ask them. This time Mrs. Ham was coming with them. And she was wearing this huge beach hat and sun glasses. She’s more excited just like Vernon. Luhan was busy on his phone to answer. Jongin was playing with Vernon with a beach ball. Baekhyun was asking Junmyeon to help him fix his clothes on his bag while on the other hand, Luna and Mrs. Ham were chatting about the place. Yoda barks at him, obviously he’s the only one listening. Chanyeol hissed and grabs the dog with his leash and went towards the car.

Luhan see that coming and he laughs at Chanyeol’s back. “Yo, let’s get going” he called them and volunteered to carry Vernon’s bag.

 

 

It takes hours for them to arrive at the place. And Junmyeon was surprised because they weren’t actually in Jeju, the place seems new to him and it’s definitely not Jeju.

“Woooooo” Luna’s eyes won’t even blink she was really amazed at the place and can’t hide what she feels. It’s really wonderful, too good for a summer vacation.

Junmyeon’s thoughts snapped out when someone had tugged his hand forward. It’s Baekhyun. Smiling at him and gesturing him to walk. He nodded while he trottled from walking since his bag was a bit heavy.

“You’ll love the place” Baekhyun said not letting go of his hand. Everyone was too busy and he’s sure no one was looking at them.

They went straight on the rest house. It was simple, with a wide balcony painted all in white. Inside were a fancy living room, the inside were only painted with black and white and the furniture fits the color well. There were some Polaroid pictures hanging on the white wall.

Junmyeon check on them, he likes watching photos, they turn to be like a wonderful art for him. It was the Kim’s family photos, some of them were stolen and some were them playing together.

“Cute” Luna whispers beside him.

“Just like the old days” Mrs. Ham muttered “they were these little kids back then and now look at them” and she wipes an imaginary tear on her face “we used to come here every year but then the parents got super busy we barely come here.”

Then they heard a sudden shout from the first room on their left. It was Vernon, they are probably teasing him again.

“We should check our rooms too” Mrs. Ham reminded and grabs her bag “last room on the right side” she points “and Junmyeon, you need to room with Vernon dear.”

“Okay.”

“It’s because we only have four rooms here.”

Junmyeon nodded, rooming with Vernon wouldn’t be a problem though. “No problem.”

 

 

Junmyeon was busy fixing their bags when Vernon entered the room looking a bit shy.

“Junmyeon, I heard they have delicious treats near here. Can we go together with Luhan-hyung?”

“But everyone should come, right?” he ask allowing Vernon to sit on the edge of the bed. The kid nodded and smiles sheepishly.

“What’s wrong?” he added and went near on Vernon’s side.

The kid shakes his head “I don’t think Luhan hyung will enjoy his birthday”
 and then he sighs “I went to his room and he said he doesn’t want to go out or do anything today.”

“But why?”

“He misses someone.”

‘Probably Jiyeon’ Junmyeon thought and ruffles the kid’s hair he looks seriously worried. “That’s fine, he’ll be better later, he has his brothers remember. And he also have you.”

Vernon only nodded and throws a quick hug on Junmyeon.

 

 

Jongin entered Junmyeon’s room when he noticed that everyone was on their respective rooms. He’s room with Baekhyun and he doesn’t have a problem with that. He sleeps like a rock.

He opened the door from Junmyeon’s room, he peeked but he wasn’t there. He went towards the living room, no one was there, in the kitchen and yet there is still no one. He decided to check them outside, and there he was looking cutely at his white shirt and plain shorts with a half Vernon clinging on him while he waits for Luna to throw the ball at him.

“Throw faster!” the kid shouted and his face contorted but when he couldnt wait for Luna to throw the ball anymore he runs after her.

Junmyeon couldn’t stop laughing but stops when he saw Jongin. The younger waves at him, he smiles back.

“Having fun?” he approached Junmyeon.

“He ask me to play with him” and points at Vernon with his head “but it will be boring if it just the two of us so I invited Luna.”

“You could’ve just invited me.”

“I thought you’re all busy resting.”

Jongin chuckles “a bit.”

“Is Luhan doing good?” he ask. He was worried and this reminded him why Luhan was all silent all through the ride awhile ago. Something’s bothering him for sure, it’s either he missed Jiyeon or something worse than that.

Jongin clears his throat, his eyes were directed at the deep blue sea “nothing’s worse than realizing you’ve been missing the girl you love for the first time.”

So then he’s right, he was referring to Jiyeon.

“We tried to cheer him up, but he won’t do anything. He said he wanna rest the whole day.”

Junmyeon plays with the sand on his feet “why don’t we throw a little surprise party?”

“Sounds a good idea” Jongin agreed “that’s what we’ve been thinking awhile ago.”

“Hey!” he shouted at the two, Vernon and Luna was now building a sand castle but Vernon keeps on ruining Luna’s work “we need to go back.”

“I don’t want to!” Vernon shouted “I want to swim!”

Jongin made a face. He grunted before walking towards Vernon and carry him in his arms.

“No swimming!”

The kid scowls at him “Junmyeon!” he asked Junmyeon for help but the latter only laughs at him.

“You’ll go swim later once were finish preparing for our surprise. Okay?”

“Surprise? What surprise? I love surprises!”

 

 

“What’s the reason calling us here in the living room huh maknae?” Chanyeol ask sleepily. It’s obvious that he just got woke up from his nap, hair sticking everywhere.

Baekhyun was just yawning repeatedly as he looks at the living room.

“Well, I know hyung is too old for surprises but why don’t we make one.”

Baekhyun’s face light up “sounds good!”

Vernon claps his hand but was shush by Chanyeol later on. “Don’t be too loud, he’ll hear us.”

“Okay…”

Starting from the food, they ordered cakes and some food from the shop nearby. They have beer and wine prepared already. Vernon made a birthday card on his own since no one wants him to do any of the work. Junmyeon and Luna prepared the table while Chanyeol and Baekhyun decorated the living room with balloons.

While they were waiting for their order, everyone was all silent looking at the door where Luhan was.

“Should we wait for him to go out or drag him out of the room.”

Baekhyun shakes his head “let Vernon drag him out.”

Junmyeon was so worried. It’s his first time celebrating Luhan’s birthday but then it seems like it would turn out to be so sad. He thought they were going to celebrate it happily but it looks like they’re not.

“Don’t worry he has Yoda in his room” Baekhyun looks like he had heard Junmyeon “he’s not lonely.”

It seems that the dog heard them too since there was a loud barking coming from the room.

 

 

It was 7 in the evening when the food they had ordered arrived, making the people inside made a fuss on what to do.

“Should we turn off the lights?”

“Should we go inside his room?”

“Who will gonna hold the confetti?”

“Guys…ssssh” Jongin hushed all of them and fumbles the switch, after finding it he turned off all the lights. “Now, I want Vernon to call Luhan hyung in his room.”

Vernon nodded with a firm gaze.

Junmyeon was nervous as well excited. He hoped Luhan would appreciate all their effort.

He was behind Jongin and the other two Kim who’s holding the two cakes. Jongin was talking with Baekhyun in a hushed tone while he wears a birthday cap, he didn’t expect that Jongin was trying to look for his hand and when he gave it, the younger held it firmly. Junmyeon hides his smile, it’s dark and no one would see it though. He notice that Jongin squeeze his hand before letting it go when a sleepy Luhan went out of his room with Vernon holding his hand.

“What’s this?” he asked, scratching his head.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun chuckles at him and suddenly someone shouted three and Junmyeon opened the lights someone showered a confetti as they sing the happy birthday song.

Vernon went immediately on Junmyeon’s side and joined in singing.

Luhan scoffs but before he could look at them again Baekhyun already smudge the cake in his face. Chanyeol shouted a boo and Jongin smudge the cake he was holding on him.

“Nice face Chanyeol” he smirks and ran away from him.

Chanyeol’s eyes went bigger and ran for Jongin outside “who told you to use banmal here? Yah Kim Jongin come back here!!!!”

“Ready for swimming!” Baekhyun shouted and took the leftover cake and throw it again on Luhan “see yah” he laughs loudly as he followed the two younger Kims outside.

Luhan wiped off his face, Junmyeon and Vernon were just giggling on the corner.

“Hey Vernon” Luhan called the kid “wanna go play outside?”

“Huh?” the kid was confused but when an icing were covered in his face he grabs the oldest Kim on the legs “hyung!”

Luhan unlocked his hand on his leg “serves you right?” and he went out laughing loudly looking for Baekhyun to take revenge.

Vernon screamingly hops off the house and followed Luhan.

 

 

Mrs. Ham was looking at them lovingly, arms in her chest “what a lovely family. Kids these days” she tsk at the end of her speech and turned at them “let’s go the kitchen. Better eat than play” she invited.

“Are you sure it’s fine that we should eat first?” Luna asked but  was the first one to take one slice of pizza and ate it.

Junmyeon shook his head while smiling “let the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter