The Start

Dealing with the Kim Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was just a normal lazy for Junmyeon again, locking himself inside his apartment thinking how he could find a new job? He needs money, there are lots of bills to pay, the rent, the electricity, his foods and his necessary things he needed every day. And it’s been three days, for how many times he’s staring blankly at the ceiling thinking what job he should enter and the fact that he needs to prepare for college. He promise his parents he would be okay without their help cause he wants to prove to them he can live alone, he can help himself and now he regretted it. Why did he ever say those words though? Why?

What if he try being a waiter again? He shakes his head. No. Because the last time he checked he got kicked out by the owner for not treating the costumers well. And it happen that thing to him twice already and he had enough. Because how can he not? If the costumers are already starting to flirt at and say dirty things seductively which he hates a lot. Then, what if he tries being a factory worker? Uh no. Janitor? Definitely not.

The voice that was calling him loudly around the apartment smacks his thoughts away, and he groans in annoyance when his roommate, Kyungsoo cheerfully peek his head on their room.

“Joonmyeon! Joonmyeon!” he repeated all over again and didn’t stop not until he landed on his bed, both of them bounce together at the impact. “Come with me! Come with me!” and he gestures his hands in an exaggerated movements making him almost hit his face.

Junmyeon rolls his eyes ignoring the said best friend “I dont want to waste my time Kyung.”

The other pouted childishly at him “I’ll give a free ticket for Fifty Shades of Grey, two!” and he waves his two fingers up in the air to assure him he was serious “one for you and Sehun.”

Junmyeon’s ears perks up like he had heard something interesting and right when he was about to accept it when a voice of his conscience reminds him, he then shrugs it off and heard the voice again reminding him about finding a job. The cheerful expression turns into serious one “I don’t want to!”

“I’ll give you my signed CD of Shinee.”

Junmyeon scoffs, as if he didn’t have those “no.”

“I’ll let you get laid with my boyfriend.”

Junmyeon almost smack his best friend’s head for giving him such useless consequences.

Kyungsoo laughs “Kidding” and he does a peace sign “if you come with me, I’ll help you find a job which I know is easy. You’ll get hired in no time.”

“Serious?”’

Kyungsoo hums “and easy.”

“Okay, I’ll go! Just make sure I’ll get that job!” he warned before he got up from his bed and went in front of his closet.

“Aye, aye.”

 

 

They end up in a bar which seems to be his first time to enter, inside was dark apart from the disco ball providing light, he hates such place like this. The money they had used just got wasted but well except the fact that he didn’t used his own money. He scanned the place, most of them were teens and he saw some of them dancing ally at the center while they are holding they’re drink. Intimidated by the teens dancing on the center that he wasn’t looking in his way and he accidentally bumps his head to someone, he apologized right immediately and the only thing he saw from his face because he was wearing a cap was his small lips starting to form a smile, bowing too.

The loud noise of the teens and music makes Junmyeon feel light headed, this is the reason why he wasn’t coming to this kind of place. But he’s thankful Kyungsoo didn’t let go of his hand until they arrive at their own place.

Kris was there already, seating on one of the red couch with a small table.

“Hey” he greeted and quickly hugs Kyungsoo but didn’t forget to wave his hand on him. He nodded, Kris offered him to seat on the opposite couch since the middle couch was already occupied by a three strange persons. He seated silently, while Kyungsoo seat beside Kris.

“I’m glad Junmyeon came” Kris muttered giving a cup on Kyungsoo and then to Junmyeon.

Kyungsoo nodded after he sips his drinks cheerfully “yeah. Who wouldn’t? And besides, Shinee will perform here so he came.”

‘Liar’ Junyeon mentally shouted to his best friend who winks at him ‘you invited me here so you could have a date with Kris.’ He smells his drink, which he thinks was disgusting he slowly put it back on the table without even tasting it. Suddenly another person had arrive, wearing a ripped black jeans and a black varsity jacket, he move a bit to give some space on the person. He was holding something he wasn’t sure what, he seated unspoken.

Kris notice him “what took you so long?” he asked out of curiosity.

“Got to answer Jiyeon’s call” he replied and took the drink Junmyeon was just holding awhile ago and gulp it without hesitation. And Junmyeon fidgeted but seems that no one was aware.

“Oh by the way Kyungsoo, Junmyeon, meet my cousins” Kris points at the three that was seating at the center couch, Junmyeon examines the three and seems that all of them were already under the influence of alcohol. They couldn’t stop from blabbering and they’re actions are already unusual “and that one too.” He points lastly at the person beside Junmyeon, but the guy wasn’t paying attention, he was busy on his phone. Kris was then disturbed by Kyungsoo’s whispers that he even forget to tell his cousin’s names but he couldn’t careless since no one was paying attention at all.

Junmyeon releases a deep sigh until someone grip his hand, he looks at the hand until  he trace the owner of the face, he has a silver hair with a very huge eyes he finds attractive, he was speaking that his hot breath reach his nose. Junmyeon scrunched his face, he smells like alcohol.

“Hi” he muttered.

“Hey” he replied with a wry smile trying to tug his hand back but the grip was tight and the next thing that happened was so fast, and that he notice that the guy was already pulling him near his face, he open his mouth to speak but the guy has already press his lips deeply on his. Aware of what was happening, he uses his free hand and slaps the guy on his cheek, real hard.

The world of the guy that was slapped seems to stop, everything, the music, the noise, the sound of the shoes and glasses being clank. He wasn’t sure but he’s world was just spinning around awhile ago but now, as soon as he process in his mind what happened, everything brings back to normal. He felt a sting on his left cheek, and heard the chuckles coming from his brothers except for the guy beside the person who slapped him.

The one who has the loudest laugh, Jongin, spoke “hyung, he doesn’t like you. He wants someone that is hot” he explained and pull the older away from Junmyeon as soon as he was about to strangle the short guy.

The other Kim, hold the now furious silver haired guy, and Junmyeon backed away from his seat feeling the soft cushion on his back. He turns to where Kyungsoo and Kris was seating, to ask for help, but he’s surprised to see that there’s no person seating there anymore.

“I’m so—“

“Yoda, stop! You’re drunk” said the person who is holding the tall guy who kissed Junmyeon awhile ago.

“I wasn’t drunk at all! And remember this, I’ll find you! I wouldn’t stop until I get my---”

Junmyeon gasped at what he heard, is he threatening his life? They look like a bunch of gangsters though, and what if they were a son of a mafia leader? What if their father was a killer? Or their mother was a hoodlum? What will he do?

He saw a bottle of beer on the table and quickly grabs it ignoring the guy was telling him, he wasn’t aware that another person was coming. Once he gulp the remaining content of the bottle, someone had suddenly pulled his head again and after that he wasn’t sure if it’s because of the alcohol but he can feel that someone was nibbling his upper lip. And the bottle slips out of his grip and out of a sudden he throws a careless blow on the guy’s cheek with his open hand, loudly. And Junmyeon thinks, it was louder than the first and he covered his mouth at once.

The guy was in silent, but he was shamefully swallowing hard trying so hard to control his temper.

“Yah!” he shouted at him and this scared Junmyeon making him get up from his seat “how dare you! I’ll never forgive you on this, we paid for you…”

“I am not….” Junmyeon answered but suddenly three persons blocked his way, he recognized as Kris, Kyungsoo and the one who was beside him awhile ago. He was really thankful that his eyes even form tears around, he hastily hug Kyungsoo.

“What happened?” Kris asked looking at Jongin who is furiously looking at Junmyeon, covering his left cheek.

 

 

 

Junmyeon breathlessly lay on his bed with an upset Kyungsoo beside him. He sure is lucky that the one he thinks the oldest, the one that was seating beside him save him from his brothers. He including Kyungsoo didn’t stop from apologizing, even to Kris.

“Why’d you even do that?” suddenly his best friend asks him.

Junmyeon grunted “they kissed me! And you know I hate that and the fact that I don’t even know them, anyone can be mad if they treat you like that!”

Kyungsoo puckered his lips annoyingly at him “hep! Not for me if they look hot and handsome like that.”

Junmyeon threateningly raise his hand to punch his friend but the latter duck his head using his hands “look at you, and FYI if I knew those guys were a bunch of indecent teenagers!”

“But you know you shouldn’t actually have done that.”

 

 

 

A few weeks after that incident, they unexpectedly found out Kris outside the door of his apartment grinning idiotically. At first Junmyeon was afraid, seeing that there were two guys on his back wearing a black suit, are they going to sue him? Put him on the jail and make sure he will never let go?

But Kyungsoo let him enter except for the two guys who had just stayed there guarding the door. Kris went to seat on the couch with a delightful expression “so Kyungsoo ask me for a help. To find you a job.”

Junmyeon nodded uninterested, who knows this person might be the same as his cousins? And what if he did that to Kyungsoo? Maybe that’s how they met? Since he know Kyungsoo is a careless, flirt friend---uh sorry, he mean best friend actually.

“I think I found the right job for you.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo shakes his arm repeatedly “come on Junmyeon accept it!” he keeps on repeating this for half an hour, bugging him, tugging his shirt. Trying his best to convince him to accept the job Kris was offering. “You need money, remember?”

“I don’t care! I can find a better and respectable job rather than serving those bunch of idiots with a crayon hair.”

“10, 000 USD per month? Where can you find that salary? Tell me! Tell me!”

Junmyeon annoyingly crossed his arms on his chest, right where can he actually find that high salary? And plus it’s not like he would stay there forever right? He is sure 5 months is already enough to save for money he would used for college right? But there was the different feeling, he was afraid; frightened that he couldn’t live with guys like them, definitely not. “I can’t! No!”

“You got bills to pay” Kyungsoo obviously reminds him and hums a familiar song under his breath “many many many bills to pay.”

Junmyeon shakes his head with assurance “My answer is final, and it’s no!”

 

 

And here he was in front of the Kim’s mansion, it was so big his eyes could almost bawl out. He was trembling real hard as he opens the door of Kris’ new car.

“Junmyeon don’t worry, you’re gonna be okay.”

“Wait! Aren’t you going to accompany me inside?”

“They already know, Mrs. Kim has already told them and I can’t come inside I’ll be in trouble. Mrs. Kim still hates me for inviting his sons and got drunk all their asses off on that stupid bar. I hope you had the strength enough to stay longer” and Kyungsoo patted his shoulder worriedly “they are so stubborn that they force some of their maids to quit the job.”

Junmyeon took a very deep breath “I think I can’t do it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter